PDA

View Full Version : Comparing Hydrocodone brand name pills...

sneakdiss
16-12-2004, 17:28
I SWEAR the Blue Watson (540) pills get me so much higher than any of the white lortabs I've ever taken by any manufacturer. Does anyone know the reason behind this? I can take 6 M367's and feel high, but only 3 1/2 of those watsons would get me just as high and the high feels better. Does anyone else experience this also? By the way I'm talking about the 10 mg tabs, but you can relate to any mg.

waar
16-12-2004, 17:42
Yeah I get a similar thing. I've had circular hydrocodone pills before and they were not as good as the curved rectangle-like watson pills I've had before.

vicodelicious
16-12-2004, 17:49
Placebo

sneakdiss
16-12-2004, 18:03
Originally posted by vicodelicious
Placebo

Are you SURE? I've very aware of the placebo effect and stray away from falling into it's trap, but I could almost swear these are more potent. They do say generics don't HAVE to have the exact mg in the pill. I also remember reading somewhere that the blue watsons actually have more mg's than just 10. Around 11 or so. (Note: There is no truth to that statement so dont take it seriously. It's just something I read)

LeadSingerDisease
16-12-2004, 22:02
^Yes he's sure, as am I too. The same pill with the same ingredients will work the same, no matter what brand it is. Generic or name brand, the effects won't differ.

naturalone
16-12-2004, 22:17
placebo. drug basics.

etarded4sho
16-12-2004, 22:27
i have to deal with people like this everyday. i just wanna smack them. example= 10mg of hydrocodone is 10mg of hydrocodone regardless of who makes the pill people.

TheTruth
16-12-2004, 22:46
well if one of the batches seems less effective it may be like that if the weaker pills weren't stored properly but still, its almost surely placebo. and yes, suprisingly many people prefer different "brands" and often times they are completely contradictory. if you really wanna find out the truth you can try giving a few of each to someone with opiate experience and ask him if he feels one is better or not. dont be too surprised if he tells you theyre exactly the same or even that the ones you find weak are totally superior....

redeemer
16-12-2004, 22:54
I read somewhere here on bluelight that the actual dose of a drug sold in pills can differ by around 20% from the dosage printed on the pill bottle (can't remember the exact percentage). So couldn't a pill manufacturer put 11-12mg in a pill instead of 10mg and maby more people would buy them...?

LeadSingerDisease
16-12-2004, 23:02
^They would never get away with that. Especially with prescription drugs.

PGTips
16-12-2004, 23:21
Originally posted by redeemer
I read somewhere here on bluelight that the actual dose of a drug sold in pills can differ by around 20% from the dosage printed on the pill bottle (can't remember the exact percentage). So couldn't a pill manufacturer put 11-12mg in a pill instead of 10mg and maby more people would buy them...? Government guidelines say they have to be exactly the same dosage. Okay, with hydro you could get away with it, but there are other drugs out there you wouldn't want to give an extra 20% of to someone, it could do some nasty damage or complications. The reason they are cheaper is because the generic manufacturers didn't have to spend all that time and money researching the next big thing. Drug development can spiral into the hundreds of millions, if not billions of dollars! They get all that back by charging more for the drug while they have sole claim of the patents. Once that expires its a free for all, and hydro or oxy are a joke to make with decent reagents so other companies make a huge saving, which results in cheaper pills.

For some reason Natrolone didn't move this to DB like he said, so DB it goes ->

sneakdiss
17-12-2004, 01:25
You guys are treating me like a newbie. Opiates are my favorite class of drugs and I've tried all of them except heroin. I've done the blues MANY times and I've done the whites (not just mallinkrodt brand, others too) MANY times. I really do feel a difference, but as you say it might just be how fresh the pill is, how they were stored, etc. and it could also be placebo, but I DOUBT that since I've been an avid drug user for awhile and I know how false placebo's are. I appreciate all your responses and got all the info I needed! Thanks,

Bradshaw2727
17-12-2004, 01:36
I know many opiate users (including myself) who swear that the potency of the pills DOES vary according to who the manufacturer is. For example...I also find blue watsons to feel a lot stronger than the same dosage pill made by mallinckrodt. I also find lortab brand name (with the speckles on the pill) to be a lot stronger than some other brands. I think this might be due to binders and what the composition of the pill is. This could have something to do with how the drug/pill is absorbed in the GI tract..I really don't know. I do notice a difference though, as many others do.

K'dOUTinAZ
17-12-2004, 02:10
I have never noticed any differences between generic or brand name hydrocodone proucts. I believe that you may just been experiencing the placebo effect but I'm not treating you like a newbie, I'm the same way with benzodiazepines. I notice a difference between generic and brand name alprazolam or clonazepam even though I know that it has to be just placebo. Maybe I'm paranoid but for some reason I just always have to buy the brand name of any abusable drug, its just in my nature. However, I have never noticed any difference with any hydrocodone product. :\

LeadSingerDisease
17-12-2004, 02:23
Originally posted by K'dOUTinAZ
I have never noticed any differences between generic or brand name hydrocodone proucts. I believe that you may just been experiencing the placebo effect but I'm not treating you like a newbie, I'm the same way with benzodiazepines. I notice a difference between generic and brand name alprazolam or clonazepam even though I know that it has to be just placebo. Maybe I'm paranoid but for some reason I just always have to buy the brand name of any abusable drug, its just in my nature. However, I have never noticed any difference with any hydrocodone product. :\

Yeah i'm the same way. Generics just don't feel right. It's obviously all in my head though. I mean, I would take either offered to me, but if I had a choice I would go with name brand.

Also, having the placebo effect happen to doesn't mean that you are a "newbie." Sorry if you felt that was how we were treating you.

Distortion
17-12-2004, 02:40
It might not be entirely placebic. Perhaps one manufacture uses non-psychoactive ingredients that slightly hinder the metabolism of the drug. Of course that's just conjecture, someone with more knowledge on the subject could provide more insight perhaps.

Although there's nothing wrong with a little placebo effect. Nothing at all.

sneakdiss
17-12-2004, 02:51
if you really wanna find out the truth you can try giving a few of each to someone with opiate experience and ask him if he feels one is better or not. dont be too surprised if he tells you theyre exactly the same or even that the ones you find weak are totally superior....

That's what kind of offended me as being indirectly called a newbie. I know we all understand placebo so that's understandable. I know a lot of people who say the same thing so I figured this would be a good debate regardless.

TheTruth
17-12-2004, 11:07
how does that "indirectly" call you a newbie? i wanted you to do a sort of experiment to find out if its just you noticing these effects or if others would too. there is absolutely nothing offensive about that. its actually what I would do in your situation. you seem to think that if someone feels a placebo effect then theyre a "newbie" and not "really" getting high off the drugs and are just stupid. well, thats a misperception on your part. ANYONE can experience the placebo effect, no matter how much experience they had or how much they know about the drug... and you probably DID get placebo, BUT theres absolutely NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT and doesn't make you any less of a person.
I didnt expect to have to explain such a neutral remark...

sneakdiss
17-12-2004, 19:01
I'm sorry I read it wrong. I thought you had said let someone with opiate experience try...not OTHERS with opiate experience. Please forgive...

brandon-cameron
09-04-2009, 03:00
I agree though, for some reason (maybe superstition) I get more of a high off of the blue watson 540's than anything else. Its weird.

Hackjob
09-04-2009, 17:15
From my experience the strength does very from brand to brand.

Sentimental
09-04-2009, 19:22
I've always preferred Watson hydrocodone to anything other brand hydrocodone. I don't know why it feels stronger, but it does.

PS: 300th post.

Oxyrisin2
09-04-2009, 20:26
Placebo

^^Yep, Thats what they always say when they don't know..
And yes I get better effects with one brand compared to another brand. Same with people I deal with.
So don't feel alone, its not in your head..

well if one of the batches seems less effective it may be like that if the weaker pills weren't stored properly but still, its almost surely placebo. and yes, suprisingly many people prefer different "brands" and often times they are completely contradictory. if you really wanna find out the truth you can try giving a few of each to someone with opiate experience and ask him if he feels one is better or not. dont be too surprised if he tells you theyre exactly the same or even that the ones you find weak are totally superior....

Yes I have done this alot and they agree that one works better than the other.
Been doing this for many many years, So its not in your head.
Like I said they don't know the answer so they give these responces..

TRPPNASS_DSCOMONKE
10-04-2009, 02:37
could be an amount of food left in your stomach, perhaps you had consumed some soft of CYP inhibitor, perhaps your receptors were worn from something, many variables.

for some reason i usually put some extra added amount of faith into Kdouts posts so hmm......

Oxyrisin2
10-04-2009, 03:39
I've given people different brands without them knowing and time after time they were always able to tell the differences in them, weird.
My doc said it has something to to do with the filleres and binders. I think make it absorb better or less .
Something about it.

vwkid99
22-12-2009, 05:59
ive been a very big hydrocodone user for about 2-3 years now and benzo. i have an anxiety disorder i suffer from panic attacks like bad ha. ive done oxycodone and it was a generic watson pill the 10mgs. took 2 and i didnt feel as good as saying taking 3 blue Watson 540s. 3 blues and im flyin with 2 clonazepam 2mgs and my doctor perscribes me 120 a month 4 a day! i dont abuse the benzos tho kinda wish there was a miracle for opioid withdrawal it sucks. about a year ago i was into the yellow watson 853s the norco 10/325 still to this day my favorites too. watsons last longer and hit you harder than the M malincrocdt pills or how ever u spell it ive done them all. the green monsters the watson 503s 10/650s are good and so are the M361 blue pills. those are both good. idk it depends on freshness, where they've been who u get them from etc..

Psychedelic Jay
22-12-2009, 06:53
It's all in your mind.

K12
30-10-2010, 21:47
The mallincrodt (sp?) pills are not as effective as the watson or other brands. It is NOT a placebo effect. Whether the mallincrodt pills are underdosed or less bioavailable is irrelevant to me. They just ARE NOT as effective as other brands. Enough is enough already. You people should be smacked upside the head and get a dose of reality. CHECK: the mallinshit brand pills are not as effective as other brands. I would compare one M365 (10 mg hydrocodone generic for norco) to be equivalent to maybe one 5 mg hydrocodone V (qualitest brand).

fryingsquirrel
30-10-2010, 21:52
I hear every fucking day that one brand of hydro or xanax or whatever is better than another. It's retarted, the FDA is pretty fucking picky about putting the right amount of drug in a pill.

The obvious exception is pills ordered from some online pharmacy in India or somewhere, with those ya pays ya dolla and ya takes ya chances.

Lady Codone
31-10-2010, 13:48
My dealer used to say the Watsons were "the good stuff" and I thought he was crazy. I've read that the fillers and inactive ingredients can affect absorption or cause side effects like allergic sensitivities, thereby changing the overall effect of the same medication. In general, it has way more to do with the dose than the brand.

K12
01-11-2010, 16:21
Well, Lady Codone I tend to agree with you. When doing a cold water extraction of the M's (mallincrodts) the high is much cleaner, almost comparable to the V qualitest brand. I would say that mallincrodts just have way too much of a filler that keeps the hydrocodone from giving you the 'rush' that watson or qualitest brand hydrocodone gives.

To you guys that think it's a placebo effect... Placebo effect my pimply white ass!

Tards...

TheLostBoys
01-11-2010, 17:12
No such thing as placebo, I dont care what you people say......its just an excuse you use when you dont have the answer for why one brand is better than the other. I have taken Malinkroft, Qualitest & Watson hydrocodone pills & I rank Watson as the best there is. I had Qualitest 10/325's but they dont work as good as the Watson brand, not even close. Malinkroft comes in last.

People, these are 3 different companies that make pills & do it there own way, they use different binders & fillers, so you wont get the same result.Watson happens to have the best recipe, hence the love for their pills by everyone.

simonadebisi
04-11-2010, 21:17
I dont care how old this post is... and I dont care what these people saying it is a placebo effect think say or feel... they are WRONG... I didnt think there was a difference until I one day I took 5, 7.5/500 M358 mally hydrocodones, and barely felt anything, and then the next day I took 2, count them 2 watson 385 hydrocodone, 7.5/500, and I got the most incredible, great feeling high, how can you call the a placebo effect, i didnt get high at all off 5 of the mallys, and the next day i got high as hell, euphoric and everything off 2 watsons, and if anything, my tolerance would have gone up from the 5 mallys, not down, it was like 14 hours later that I took the watsons, it is not placebo, anyone who says it is must be opiate newbs, because people that have no tolerance at all, or close to no tolerance, will get high off any brand, ive been taking opiates for years, hydros, oxys, methadone, fentanyl, and 2 of the watsons got me high as a bastard, same with watson 749 percs, 5/325, 3 of them got me higher than 8 mally 5/325, and now I bid you adue, never to login again, bye bye junkies, and non junkies (who think brand doesnt matter)

gamewzrd
03-01-2012, 22:37
I would imagine theres a difference. I tried different brands of adderal and noticed a big differerence in effects/side effects. So it wouldn't surprise me to see different hydro's feeling differently. Ill have to try some other brands and see first hand how I feel.

Psychedelic Jay
04-01-2012, 03:32
Some pills are more solidly pressed... True... Maybe a tad longer to dissolve in the stomach acid.

But, the overall effect is too slim to even be noticeable... And, if you have to take that much Hydrocodone in the first place, A CWE WOULD ABOLISH ALL THIS... Still leaving absolutely no difference in effect.

So, I still call placebo. There is a such thing as placebo.

Lets say I had two different potatoes of the same strand from two different companies and made fries...
...If I said one potato made better fries than the other, this makes me a complete and udder jackass... It is also called placebo.......

Placebo has made and ass of you and many drug dealers...

There is no fucking way in hell I am paying more for Norcos (10/500) or Lortabs (10/325) when they both have exactly 10 fucking mgs of hydrocodone in each pill...

<snip>

Tripman
04-01-2012, 03:43
Well there is no point arguing in a thread brought back from the dark ages...

I'm closing this because there really is nothing to add... Brand name or generic, it all has the same amount as stated, unless it is some fake from india or pakistan or something...