PDA

View Full Version : Dexedrine Vs Adderall

MMMMKAY?!
17-12-2010, 09:03
Dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine, Dextrostat) vs Adderall: which is stronger (stimulant wise) and what are the differences in effects?
I recently got prescribed Dex for ADHD instead of adderall, and my doctor works for my probation officer and knows my history of drug abuse so I am guessing that Dex has less potential for abuse than adderall? Also is Dex any good recreationally? I am guessing so since it is an AMP. Please answer quick! (Must turn myself in tomorrow morning to serve the rest of a sentence for vioalating my probation) Thanks

lordreven333
17-12-2010, 17:53
I have never used Dex I used adderall a couple of times wasn't all that great not to me.

NeighborhoodThreat
17-12-2010, 18:31
Adderall = more productive, think studying.
Dexedrine = more recreational and "drug like", think partying.

So yes, while they both have abuse potential, dexedrine has more.

There are some who may disagree with me, but that's how me and everybody that's tried both of them I know feels.

fryingsquirrel
17-12-2010, 18:44
Dexedrine if anything has more abuse potential. Any Dr. who would switch you to it because you are a drug abuser is either a moron, or secretly sympathetic to our side.

NeighborhoodThreat
17-12-2010, 18:48
Any Dr. who would switch you to it because you are a drug abuser is either a moron, or secretly sympathetic to our side.

Truth. Most doctors would take you off amphetamines completely.

MMMMKAY?!
17-12-2010, 20:46
Dexedrine if anything has more abuse potential. Any Dr. who would switch you to it because you are a drug abuser is either a moron, or secretly sympathetic to our side.

Really!? Dex has more potentiall for abuse? I am surprised to hear that because adderall is a mix of 4 AMPS, and the doctor put me on an AMP because i told him I hated the feeling of Intuniv and Straterra and am Allergic to those other non stimulant ADHD meds (forgot the names).
I know he is not on our side lol, because I have panic attacks and he told me "instead of Xanax, I am going to give you Klonopin since it has lower risk for abuse." And he refuses to give me ambien (zolpidem) to sleep. (I am an imsonmiac)

opiatekrzy
17-12-2010, 21:22
Dexedrine has more potential for abuse. Adderall and Dexedrine both contain D-amphetamine, but in addition adderall has L-amphetamine which i guess gives u more of a kick, and i believe Amphetamine Sacchurate, All in all they both are Just as addictive, only one exception: Dexedrine Spansules are just straight D-amphetamine, and you can crush the beads, remove the wax coating and have yourself pure dextro-amphetamine crystals/powder, which easily is water soluble, people tend to sniff it, or inject it. I have injected Dexedrine, and it dissolves in water well, but adderall if you sniff it, your nose will get clogged with all the fillings/binder, and glucose, if you try to IV it, it wont totally dissolve in water, leaving you with gunkish in the spoon/cap, and its a BITCH to get in the needle, you have to filter over and over again, and alot of times for me my needle jams up and end up breaking. Both are just as addicting, same active ingredient D-amph which is the cause for abuse potential, just dexedrine is a purer form in Spansules, causingg people to easily sniff, inject it

fryingsquirrel
17-12-2010, 21:22
Really!? Dex has more potentiall for abuse? I am surprised to hear that because adderall is a mix of 4 AMPS, and the doctor put me on an AMP because i told him I hated the feeling of Intuniv and Straterra and am Allergic to those other non stimulant ADHD meds (forgot the names).
I know he is not on our side lol, because I have panic attacks and he told me "instead of Xanax, I am going to give you Klonopin since it has lower risk for abuse." And he refuses to give me ambien (zolpidem) to sleep. (I am an imsonmiac)Those 4 amphetamine are simply a mix of different salts of amphetamine (which makes little or no difference) and isomers (which reduces potency by including the largely inactive L isomer). They are not 4 different drugs in the proper sense.

MMMMKAY?!
17-12-2010, 21:30
Those 4 amphetamine are simply a mix of different salts of amphetamine (which makes little or no difference) and isomers (which reduces potency by including the largely inactive L isomer). They are not 4 different drugs in the proper sense.

ohh thanks! you helped alot! gtg turn myself in :[ to bluelight: plz dont ban me for not using this account I will most definently be using it when I get back peace out peoples

opiatekrzy
17-12-2010, 21:45
I feel Adderall producses mild MDMA effects. Dexedrine gives me the euphoria like adderall, just not"energy feelling"

opiatekrzy
17-12-2010, 21:49
Those 4 amphetamine are simply a mix of different salts of amphetamine (which makes little or no difference) and isomers (which reduces potency by including the largely inactive L isomer). They are not 4 different drugs in the proper sense.

the L-amphetamine in Adderall is not euphoric at all, or abusive, it's like 85% the dextro-amphetamine which is the abuse problem, along with the amphetamine saccuarate included in it i believe

K'd-OUT-in-AZ
18-12-2010, 00:30
I wonder if the dextroamphetamine saccharate salt is responsible for some of the differing effects of Adderall other than just the amphetamine sulphate. Adderall is 3/4 dextroamphetamine and Dexedrine is pure d-amphetamine yet some enjoy Adderall better, which wouldn't make sense due to the purity difference, unless the different d-amphetamine salts like saccharate are responsible for this.

I get more energetic from Adderall with peaks
Dexedrine is smoother with a more consistent feeling of well-being

They both really have the same abuse potential. Most would choose Dexedrine if they had a choice of the two but I'd choose Adderall.

Depressicaa
18-12-2010, 00:34
I like to do things so I choose Adderall over Dexedrine. It is less fun for me, its like an antidepressant.

LonE1
18-12-2010, 01:00
Dexadrine gives a nice buzz and not as harsh of a comedown (though there still is one...dont be fooled at all ive crashed on dexadrine plenty)

The thing is, I perfer adderall, even with its slightly worse comedown (some of you BLs act like the dex crash NOTHING like an addy crash and I disagree, its all amps)

Adderall gives me motivation to do things, do things productive, makes me hyperfocus on things I need too, puts me in a smart overrall moood, and had a strong first rush.

Repeated usings wont give as much a rush but I still love it and take it 3 times outta the week (around 40-60 mg) and shit, dunno what id do without it sometimes.

Makes me get so much done and helps with school like a MF.

The comedown is there but I get perscribed K-pins and have hooks for xanax so I honestly never really worry about crashes.

TheFDA
18-12-2010, 04:59
Dexedrine is considered to be more recreational than Adderall, actually. There are no huge differences or anything (at least not for most people), but pretty much everyone I've known (myself included) who has taken both Adderall & Dexedrine before prefers Dexedrine over Adderall.

opiatekrzy
18-12-2010, 06:43
the main component that causes dependence, abuse and euphoria are both the primary ingredient in Dexedrine and Adderall, L-amph alone is not pleasant, but mixed with d-amph gives the energy speedy euphoria, dexedrine is just purer in pharmaceutical form, its damn near purified, and water soluble, and a 15mg spansule is so small when u crush the beads...anyway i just filled my Adderall XR 30 mg today, to my surprise they are generics, same color capsule, orange beads , just it says "M Amph Salts 30", i wish it had methamphetamine in it, but in all reality d-amph is like 3/4 strong as meth i feel GREAT, i got it filled at noon, still high as fuck, redosing still euphoric, bout to smoke some GOOD BUD, and have great sex, and i got 90mg kpins to back it up and some xanax..anyone have this generic?

point is Adderall and Dexedrine are pretty much almost the same except aderall just have a mixture salts, levo-amph, which produces the energy, dexedrine doesnt have that, giving u a less speedier feeling, but u still get the same euphoria...they are all the same shit

sarahsweets
18-12-2010, 17:20
I've had ritalin(gross for me) adderall and now dex spansules. I do crush them a little then drink with water seems better on my stomach. Nice come up and pretty smooth come down unless taken in really high doses.

K'd-OUT-in-AZ
20-12-2010, 01:08
the main component that causes dependence, abuse and euphoria are both the primary ingredient in Dexedrine and Adderall, L-amph alone is not pleasant, but mixed with d-amph gives the energy speedy euphoria, dexedrine is just purer in pharmaceutical form, its damn near purified, and water soluble, and a 15mg spansule is so small when u crush the beads...anyway i just filled my Adderall XR 30 mg today, to my surprise they are generics, same color capsule, orange beads , just it says "M Amph Salts 30", i wish it had methamphetamine in it, but in all reality d-amph is like 3/4 strong as meth i feel GREAT, i got it filled at noon, still high as fuck, redosing still euphoric, bout to smoke some GOOD BUD, and have great sex, and i got 90mg kpins to back it up and some xanax..anyone have this generic?

point is Adderall and Dexedrine are pretty much almost the same except aderall just have a mixture salts, levo-amph, which produces the energy, dexedrine doesnt have that, giving u a less speedier feeling, but u still get the same euphoria...they are all the same shit

My generic Adderall XR is orange and is imprinted with "Adderall XR" but its not the Shire brand name.

opiatekrzy
23-12-2010, 20:19
hmm they all seem the same to me, i prefer crushing X into immediate release verse taking IR tablets...never had a problem with generics, i guess my doc has to write DAW for the shire adderall XR instead of the XR caps i get that say M. Amph salts 30. ANYHOO MY GOD DAMN DRUG COUNSLER THREATENING me to go to rehab for 3 months if i dont get off my RX Adderall, or my Fioronal for migraines occasionally...such bullshit, doctors orders over ride a damn counsler, and plus "your on suboxone, you cant mix anything with it" ugh so pissed, i finally got a 2 bdrm apt for my son and fiancee, now this shit today

dimetaltrypafiend
24-12-2010, 19:41
Dexedrine always seemed greater, but I never used it to study, just as an amp

K'd-OUT-in-AZ
25-12-2010, 00:49
hmm they all seem the same to me, i prefer crushing X into immediate release verse taking IR tablets...never had a problem with generics, i guess my doc has to write DAW for the shire adderall XR instead of the XR caps i get that say M. Amph salts 30. ANYHOO MY GOD DAMN DRUG COUNSLER THREATENING me to go to rehab for 3 months if i dont get off my RX Adderall, or my Fioronal for migraines occasionally...such bullshit, doctors orders over ride a damn counsler, and plus "your on suboxone, you cant mix anything with it" ugh so pissed, i finally got a 2 bdrm apt for my son and fiancee, now this shit today

rehab for 3 months? Nobody can make you do that. What kind of rehab keeps you there for 90 days? Are you talking about outpatient because I've never heard of any 90 day rehabs and I've been to inpatient rehab twice at two different places. And what good would a 90 day rehab be good for somebody trying to get off Adderall :\

Swag
27-12-2010, 00:31
rehab for 3 months? Nobody can make you do that. What kind of rehab keeps you there for 90 days? Are you talking about outpatient because I've never heard of any 90 day rehabs and I've been to inpatient rehab twice at two different places. And what good would a 90 day rehab be good for somebody trying to get off Adderall :\

The rehab facility I went to was a three month program but most are 7 months or longer depending on your dependency and other factors. I was just perscribed 10mg dexedrine can I get the sapsules or are they for XR?

K'd-OUT-in-AZ
27-12-2010, 00:41
The rehab facility I went to was a three month program but most are 7 months or longer depending on your dependency and other factors. I was just perscribed 10mg dexedrine can I get the sapsules or are they for XR?

EDIT: You said you went to a 30 day rehab, I was arguing they didn't exist but if you actually stayed I believe you but I don't believe that inpatient rehab woud keep somebody for 7 months, over half a year to get clean. Regardless of your habit. Maybe if it includes outpatient than I can believe that.

Cohesion
27-12-2010, 00:46
I feel Adderall producses mild MDMA effects.

Hi

No

:\

K'd-OUT-in-AZ
27-12-2010, 01:07
Hi

No

:\

Good response. Adderall has no effects whatsoever like MDMA except the stimulation and energy but the euphoria doesn't touch that of MDMA.

BananasAndOranges
27-12-2010, 02:22
dexedrine makes the music hyped and ampd sorta like ice (Kind=_=Of).

Adderall is just what everyone likes unless they are allergic to fucking gay Lamps yes I said their homosexual asshole pills, alright. They are actually ok, I mean they Were nice pills a few Years back, and even better A few more years back. So was Dexedrine though +_+ lol okaaaay yall%)

opiatekrzy
28-12-2010, 01:15
IMO i feel there are some similiarities

opiatekrzy
28-12-2010, 01:19
yeah here in NY they throw u into a residential rehab program for 3-6 months usually, then a halfway house for up to 18 months, evn if ur clean, so u can learn to "live sober" its such bullshit my counselor is fucking up my medicine regimine and calling my DR's up, already got me off the benzos and addy, but i guess i have to maneuveur around the tests, the DRs are confused why he dooing this to me, in 2004 he got me off of methadone that my primary RXED me until i was on suboxone, yes a bottle of methadone, no clinuic, my counselor called my former doctor, immediately cut me off of methadone and went cold turket, relapsed, and violatedd probation by curing my dope sickness and sent upstate for 39 months.he wants me off of suboxone but my sub doc is fighting for me not to...yes my counselor wa talking about long term INPATient 3-6months, crooked NY

MMMMKAY?!
21-01-2011, 06:27
I felt no difference between adderall and DextroAMP. I got prescribed it for a short wile because the phycatrist at County said "There basically the same thing"

MMMMKAY?!
21-01-2011, 06:33
I didnt notice much of a difference : o