PDA

View Full Version : (opioids) The Kratom (Mega)Thread v2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

intelligentmind
11-09-2012, 18:27
How come I can't find this stuff in the shops or do I go to the doctor for a script

jones-in_J
11-09-2012, 19:07
You get it off the internett, google it. Some smoke shops sell it but itll be overpriced and of poor quality more then likeely

i are spectre
11-09-2012, 20:37
ive noticed adding too much heat to the tea reduces effects significantly. boiling tea cut the effects down by a magnitude of about 4 to 8, for myself.

i really want to find a way to bring the intake mass down...

perhaps an extraction, but it would take lots of work...

podsnomo
13-09-2012, 16:04
Your best bet is to just take as much leaf as you need for your doses. If your doses have gotten up there as mine did, just suffer through taking how much ever you need. The alternative is extracts, and the consensus there is that extracts are bad news. They're ridiculously expensive, raise tolerance FAST, and put you on the track to spending tons of money on overpriced extracts to meet your tolerance requirements. Some vendors sell it already capped in capsule form and you could just take a bunch of caps, or you could invest in a machine to do it yourself. Either way, any of those alternatives are better than going with extracts. Extracts are bad fucking news man. I know, I went down that expensive road to super-high tolerance.

I have heard, and have tried it with mixed success, that a dose of 4-8mg of loperamide about an our before your kratom dose will plug up many of the opioid receptors in the gut and elsewhere, leaving the kratom to go to more useful happy places like in the brain. This wonked up my stomach a couple times though, so I just got my tolerance down by cutting my doses way back and suffering some WDs.

I've never heard of an extraction method that one can do at home, and I have no idea how the vendors or whoever makes the extracts available on the web.

Good luck. Let me know if I can be of help to you,
podsnomo

b4rd
13-09-2012, 19:50
best way to take kratom:

Go to your local GNC or Vitamin Shoppe , and buy capsules.

Pack the kratom (powder) into the capsules, and vuala , you have an easily intake-able pill form kratom (not the nasty sand like texture in your mouth and tongue)

Yes, i know you can buy capsules online, but you can save your self a lot of money if you buy bulk powder and capsule them yourselves.

silentcowboy
13-09-2012, 20:00
This is what I have. It can get time consuming but beats doing it 1 by 1. takes about 20 mins to do 50 caps, its definitely worth it
http://www.cap-m-quik.com/

50pillsInMyMouth
14-09-2012, 06:20
I heard capping it doesn't give you the same level of high vs tosh and wash..

Draind
14-09-2012, 06:26
hey, first post.
reading through here ive seen that nmda antagonist may work as a potentiator.
would a low oral dose of 3-meo-pcp synergize and boost the sedating/analgesic aspects of kratom?

FadedZombie
14-09-2012, 06:34
How come I can't find this stuff in the shops or do I go to the doctor for a script

Haha a kratom script. Maybe one day.

THCified
14-09-2012, 06:42
would a low oral dose of 3-meo-pcp synergize and boost the sedating/analgesic aspects of kratom?

Yes, it should. It synergizes very well with MXE btw!

Draind
14-09-2012, 07:38
awesome. i enjoyed kratom on its own but i also enjoy 3meopcp on its own, im glad to know they should play nicely together. tried mxe but once, maybe it was subpar quality, but it was alot of burn for not alotta fun.

podsnomo
14-09-2012, 14:51
I heard capping it doesn't give you the same level of high vs tosh and wash..

Capping shouldn't change anything as long as the same amount is taken. The caps break down in a matter of seconds. What would reduce the buzz is if all the caps were swallowed after a meal. Kratom needs to be taken on an empty stomach for best results. Taking it after a large meal may cause little or no effects to be felt, excep the ansence of WDs for those like me who are addicted to it.

Draind
14-09-2012, 18:17
a question about ingestion. i make fruit smoothies and add in protein powder, could i just replace my protien with kratom powder and enjoy in the same fashion? im not sure why this wouldnt work, im thinking everything stays cold, no heat or alcohol.

FadedZombie
15-09-2012, 00:08
Yea u could do that. I don't think any heat is necessary but to each their own.
I just ordered a 15x extract for the 1st time. I usually go with standard powder like Bali but I wanted a lil more kick this time.
My doses are usually 10-13 grams. How much extract would I need? Ppl say 1g is good but accounting for my tolerance how much should I take for my 1st time?

NeighborhoodThreat
15-09-2012, 00:14
There's a considerable amount of variation between batches of kratom (even from the same vendor...IME anyway) so its usually best to start low and then work your way up to a good spot. A lot of times the "extracts" aren't exactly as potent as they're advertised as being. Since you're usually doing 10-13 grams and you're working with 15x/"15x" extract I think 1 gram is a safe place to start. That way even if the extract is in fact 15x potency you'll still be around your usual dosage range.

Fresco
15-09-2012, 01:34
My advice is to stay away from kratom extracts altogether

FadedZombie
15-09-2012, 02:38
Thanks for the answer man I'll post back & let u kno how it goes

FadedZombie
15-09-2012, 02:41
Yea a lot of ppl say that & I don't plan on mAking it a habit but I just wanted more of a stronger body buzz than i get with regular powder

CaveJohnson
15-09-2012, 03:08
I never heard about this stuff before, weird! I've tried salvia and was not a fan, but this sounds more intriguing.

Draind
15-09-2012, 05:32
today is my second day using kratom and i have to say i thoroughly enjoy it. a couple grams of maeng da, RVI, SBG. im a fan of this stuff.

FadedZombie
16-09-2012, 03:42
Anybody ever broke down & bought it from a head shop even tho u kno it's an incredible rip off? Got 15g of 'captain kratom' @ my local head shop today cause my order won't b here til Monday. & I've been out since thursday :( so to avoid any k withdrawals (which ive never experienced but don't want to) I broke down & paid 30 muthafuckin dollars for 15g. Gotta say tho, captain k ain't bad. Usually I need about 12g to feel anything but only about 7g of captain had me right.

Kacer
16-09-2012, 03:47
I'm going to give it a try and was wondering where are you ordering your Kratom from?

jones-in_J
16-09-2012, 03:50
Anybody ever broke down & bought it from a head shop even tho u kno it's an incredible rip off? Got 15g of 'captain kratom' @ my local head shop today cause my order won't b here til Monday. & I've been out since thursday :( so to avoid any k withdrawals (which ive never experienced but don't want to) I broke down & paid 30 muthafuckin dollars for 15g. Gotta say tho, captain k ain't bad. Usually I need about 12g to feel anything but only about 7g of captain had me right.

Thats the only kind of kratom that they sell at any headshop in my area and its the only one that sells it and is like 45 mins away... i dont know what strain it is but i think someone here said its green thai? I didnt think it was very good at all though i much orefer the bali that ive been getting since then and its actually a little cheaper for 100 grams haha

I recently got a variety sample pack from that same vendor i get my bali from that i havent dug into yet... but its got 10 grams of Super Premium Bali; Super Green Malay; Ultimate Thai; Super Green Indo and Super Maeng Da-Genetically Grown... i normally take about 2-2.5 teaspoons of the bali i get from the same people (i dont weigh it just put it in the teaspooon and toss and wash).. but in terms of dosing the different strains does anyone have any suggestions? Like for any of them if theres one twice as stront should i take half the dosage of what i normally do for that strain or are they all about equal and i should always use the same quantity?

FadedZombie
16-09-2012, 04:16
@kacer great choice buddy. But as far as suppliers None of us here are allowed to openly discuss that. But if u MSG me ill reccomend a few good ones from my experience.
@jones-in J IME if it's a 'super' strain its about 1/3 stronger so say u take 10g u would only need about 6-7g maybe even 8 depending just how "super" it really is..

jones-in_J
16-09-2012, 08:40
@kacer great choice buddy. But as far as suppliers None of us here are allowed to openly discuss that. But if u MSG me ill reccomend a few good ones from my experience.
@jones-in J IME if it's a 'super' strain its about 1/3 stronger so say u take 10g u would only need about 6-7g maybe even 8 depending just how "super" it really is..

Every single product i order from them has the word super before it includkng the way bali i normally get sorry i dhould lf dsaod that

But ive heard maeng da for instance you omly need 1/3 or 2/3 as much?

Also im gonna be going thru heroin withdrawak starting tomotrow and normaly just take bali for that which helps a lot but not 100%... do Dude you think it would be a good idea tov putball the diff strains in capsules and take my normal dose weight-wise except mix all the diff strains and/or maybe not mixing all of them tho i may try it unless seone says its a real bad idea miximg 2+ at least?

RobotRipping
16-09-2012, 08:53
^i've done it before and it's safe. It works out better as you are likely getting a better spectrum of alkaloids, although i'm not sure on that but i know many kratom users make their own blends of different strains to get a unique result they enjoy. btw how well does kratom hold you from heroin withdrawal? and what are your regular doses of kratom for heroin withdrawal? do you feel anything from the kratom?

Fresco
16-09-2012, 18:01
^i've done it before and it's safe. It works out better as you are likely getting a better spectrum of alkaloids, although i'm not sure on that but i know many kratom users make their own blends of different strains to get a unique result they enjoy. btw how well does kratom hold you from heroin withdrawal? and what are your regular doses of kratom for heroin withdrawal? do you feel anything from the kratom?
I dont think it eliminates heroin WD completely, it just takes the edge off. Best way to quit any strong opiates (like H, fentanyl or oxy's) is to go like this:

Suboxone for 2 weeks>kratom for 2 weeks>kratom stem powder for 2 weeks

You should be able to get off opiates relatively painfree

THCified
16-09-2012, 19:17
Can someone get things like tingling hands/arms/legs and feet during withdrawal, or other feelings of discomfort, mostly in those parts of the body?

willy420wonka
16-09-2012, 23:47
Just aquired 20 "PEP Thai enhanced Kratom Capsules" It contains Thai Kratom powder and 25x Kratom Extract. Was wondering what would be the best suggested dose? Cause it doesn't say online. I want the best opiate feeling possible. Thanks!

Ho-Chi-Minh
17-09-2012, 02:19
Does kratam only work on the mu receptor? If so then it couldn't fully alleviate opiate withdrawal.

FadedZombie
17-09-2012, 04:07
Well I used it for hydro wd several times & tbh i didnt experience a single symptom. I just replaced my morning hydro w/ kratom. They both work on similar receptors in the brain. Similar enough to where your brain can't tell the difference. Oh & as far as mixing diff strains I love it. It actually works a whole lot better than just one strain by itself.

THCified
17-09-2012, 15:15
Can someone get things like tingling hands/arms/legs and feet during withdrawal, or other feelings of discomfort, mostly in those parts of the body?

Quoting myself...

higherconciousness
17-09-2012, 15:48
THCified - Yes, those are common symptoms of opiate/kratom WD. I get tingling in my extremities every time, along with all the other traditional WD symptoms (temp. fluctuation, aches, flu like symptoms ect...)

higherconciousness
17-09-2012, 16:03
I've really screwed myself over with this plant. Started taking it to get off of a two year suboxone script and it truly was a gift in terms of a tool for detox. Problem was I never stopped taking it. Two years later I find myself ingesting 30+ g a day on top of using illicit opiates. My tolerance to opiates in general has evolved into a beast. Now, I wake up around 4 every morning in agonizing pain, clenching every muscle in my body. Getting out of bed takes an enormous amount effort, especially knowing that the 15 gs Im about to gag down will do all but anything for my WD. Anybody else where I'm at? Some support would go a long way. Thanks my little blue family.

Fresco
17-09-2012, 17:22
I've really screwed myself over with this plant. Started taking it to get off of a two year suboxone script and it truly was a gift in terms of a tool for detox. Problem was I never stopped taking it. Two years later I find myself ingesting 30+ g a day on top of using illicit opiates. My tolerance to opiates in general has evolved into a beast. Now, I wake up around 4 every morning in agonizing pain, clenching every muscle in my body. Getting out of bed takes an enormous amount effort, especially knowing that the 15 gs Im about to gag down will do all but anything for my WD. Anybody else where I'm at? Some support would go a long way. Thanks my little blue family
Dont mix opiates with kratom. You set yourself up for seizures that way.

Try to get off the opiate pills by just taking loperamide and kratom first 14 days. Then stick to kratom only. Also look into buying kratom stem powder because it can reset kratom tolerance and also get you off kratom whenever you want without WD's.

Kratom stem powder wont get you high btw. It just works against WD's

silentcowboy
17-09-2012, 19:15
^ I didnt know mixing kratom and opiates raises the chance of a seizure, do you have a link to an article or anything?

Fresco
17-09-2012, 19:48
^ I didnt know mixing kratom and opiates raises the chance of a seizure, do you have a link to an article or anything?
Yeah, myself. I had a seizure last year mixing codeine with kratom.

I drank a lot of vodka night before though, maybe that had something to do with it??

jones-in_J
17-09-2012, 20:06
Weird, I've never had problems mixing them. I know mixing tramadol with a lot of stuff causong seizures never heard that woth kratom tho.

Fresco
17-09-2012, 20:10
It was a mild seizure, I suddenly got very dizzy, room started to spin and I passed out.

Kinda scary though

Fresco
17-09-2012, 20:12
Opiates can lower the body's seizure threshold: http://www.livestrong.com/article/131365-opiate-abuse-effects/

Seizures

Opiates can lower the body's seizure threshold. That means that they place people taking them at risk for having a seizure. That is especially true with abuse of the more potent opiates, such as heroin. Higher doses also raise the risk of seizures

THCified
17-09-2012, 21:16
THCified - Yes, those are common symptoms of opiate/kratom WD. I get tingling in my extremities every time, along with all the other traditional WD symptoms (temp. fluctuation, aches, flu like symptoms ect...)

Thanks a lot for your reply :) Well, then i know what i experience is WD... Took some time for me to realize that i'm deeper into opioids as expected.

Haven't taken them every day (Kratom, Tramadol, Odt and Tilidin) but on a very regular basis...

I'll starting detox/wd tomorrow then. How long does is take approx. until these symptoms go away completely. It's very annoying!

Try to get off the opiate pills by just taking loperamide and kratom first 14 days.

Why mixing with Loperamide?

THCified
17-09-2012, 21:17
Double Post...sry

Fresco
18-09-2012, 00:35
Why mixing with Loperamide?
I find loperamide helps the kratom in eliminating WD's

FadedZombie
18-09-2012, 07:25
So I tried 15x 4 the 1st time today & I gotta say.. Pretty weak. I was expecting so much more. More like an illicit opiate. I usually take around 12g of powder & 2g of 15x didn't do shit.. I'm Gona try 4g tmrw I guess. Here's a question I don't think I'm Gona get an answer for, does anybody have experience w/ tramadol & kratom together? There's not alot about this on the Internet so I was hopin my fellow blue lighters could help me out.

ErgicMergic
18-09-2012, 12:23
^ I would recommend staying from extracts, as they are far too expensive, even if you get them from good online vendors. And yes, Kratom and tramadol are a nice mix, but I would not eat any stimulating variety of Kratom while on anything more than 150mg of tram. Also, while on more than 8-10g of Kratom, if you dose more than once a day, then don't take any tramadol.

My preferred dosage when mixing the two was no more than 75-100mg of tram and 4-6g of good quality Kratom. Taken all at once, you get to enjoy the Kratom high, whose yomhimbe-like effects synergize with the NRI and SRA effects of tramadol, and, just as the opioid portions (mitragynine, 7-OHM) of the Kratom high start to wind down at the 3 hour mark, the converted O-Desmethyltramadol (for which tramadol acts as prodrug for, when used an as opioid) being converted from the tramadol starts reaching high enough levels to ensure no drop off in high or pain relief.

Be very careful mixing the two, and please take my dosage suggestions seriously, as I have plenty of experience with the two. In fact, they're my two favorite opioids/opiates. Just know that tramadol already lowers the seizure threshold with its 5-HT releasing and NRI effects, and Kratom also adds to the stimulant effect, further lowering the seizure threshold. Add on top of all this, that O-Desmethyltramadol and Kratom have opioid activity, and the seizure threshold is yet again lowered. Delta opioid agonists, like mitragynine (found in Kratom) or bupe, also lower seizure thresholds...

So, not as dangerous as mixing CNS stimulants with tramadol, and safe when both used in moderation, but it's definitely risky when you overdo both. If you found that you took too much tramadol one day (more than 200mg+), I would stay far, far away from Kratom.

FadedZombie
19-09-2012, 02:53
^ I would recommend staying from extracts, as they are far too expensive, even if you get them from good online vendors. And yes, Kratom and tramadol are a nice mix, but I would not eat any stimulating variety of Kratom while on anything more than 150mg of tram. Also, while on more than 8-10g of Kratom, if you dose more than once a day, then don't take any tramadol.

My preferred dosage when mixing the two was no more than 75-100mg of tram and 4-6g of good quality Kratom. Taken all at once, you get to enjoy the Kratom high, whose yomhimbe-like effects synergize with the NRI and SRA effects of tramadol, and, just as the opioid portions (mitragynine, 7-OHM) of the Kratom high start to wind down at the 3 hour mark, the converted O-Desmethyltramadol (for which tramadol acts as prodrug for, when used an as opioid) being converted from the tramadol starts reaching high enough levels to ensure no drop off in high or pain relief.

Be very careful mixing the two, and please take my dosage suggestions seriously, as I have plenty of experience with the two. In fact, they're my two favorite opioids/opiates. Just know that tramadol already lowers the seizure threshold with its 5-HT releasing and NRI effects, and Kratom also adds to the stimulant effect, further lowering the seizure threshold. Add on top of all this, that O-Desmethyltramadol and Kratom have opioid activity, and the seizure threshold is yet again lowered. Delta opioid agonists, like mitragynine (found in Kratom) or bupe, also lower seizure thresholds...

So, not as dangerous as mixing CNS stimulants with tramadol, and safe when both used in moderation, but it's definitely risky when you overdo both. If you found that you took too much tramadol one day (more than 200mg+), I would stay far, far away from Kratom.

Once again ErgicMergic; great fucking answer. Exactly what I was looking for. But I usually take around 10-11g, anything less & I don't feel it. & my kratom is like medium quality. Not great, but not bad. So what would u recommend giving those circumstances?

Hamachi
19-09-2012, 18:48
Boil the tea in a thermos overnight. The tea turn into a dark cot and IMO more potent.

FadedZombie
20-09-2012, 00:24
Yeaaa tried 4g of this 15x extract.. Big waste of money. Don't recommend extracts just stick to plain ol regular kratom.

Ho-Chi-Minh
20-09-2012, 01:04
wow opiates overall lower the seizure threshold?

I thought that was just with Tramadol

Coraline
20-09-2012, 12:53
Best to my knowledge as I reviewed a few opiates in my drug book.

Opiates do not have a warning for seizures.

Tramadol does because it works on neurotransmitters and some opiate recieptors.