PDA

View Full Version : (opioids) Advice on shooting Roxy (30mg) for first time?

The Rasta
08-06-2012, 17:10
I've never put a needle in my arm before, but it seems in my town that is the pill of choice. I'm planning on letting an experienced friend hit me with it. The only problem I have is: How much water should I put in the spoon with the pill? Also, once the drug is liquified in the spoon, do you just throw in the filter and shoot up everything in the spoon? Or do you add more water with the drug in the rig? Sorry if this was kinda confusing I'm just trying to not fuck myself up=D

LilbabiC
08-06-2012, 17:46
My best advice would be to just swallow the pill. Injecting pills can lead to some serious complications no matter how careful you are in filtering.

Cloudy
08-06-2012, 17:55
The oral bioavaliability of oxycodone is really high as well as most IV users of oxycodone report hardly any rush, nothing like what is seen with heroin or hydromorphone. The high will also be shorter than if you orally consumed it. Considering the risks of IVing a pill, and I'd imagine you don't have a mircon filter, it is rather dumb to do. Pills are terrible things to put into your veins as even if you filter using a cotton, you are still injecting a lot of binders/fillers which should be avoided. If you want to IV pills (or IV anything for that matter) a micron filter is a must. You can find them pretty cheaply online so why risk doing it with out a micron filter if you choose to go the IV route. I imagine you are (or I hope you are) planning on using new needles, which is a harm reduction move, so why not keep that attitude and make sure you have the other proper materials needed to minimize the risks involved.

Also, why are you planning on moving up to IVing? Its a very slippery slope to start IVing drugs, and hard to move back to other routes of administration. Even the act of IVing itself can be very addiction for users.

Injections megathread (bluelight thread) (http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/602800-Injection-IV-Complications-and-Info-MEGATHREAD-amp-FAQ-III-I-Vant-To-Suck-Your-Blood?p=10188168#post10188168)

Safer Injection Guide (external link) (http://harm.live.radicaldesigns.org/article.php?id=212)

Injecting Oxycodone (bluelight thread) (http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/363176-IV-ing-OC)

The Rasta
08-06-2012, 18:02
I basically know how to do it without causing any major harm. I've watched my friends do the whole process countless times, I've just never paid attention to how much water is supposed to be in the rig with the already finished pill/water solution (if any at all)

Cloudy
08-06-2012, 18:03
If they are injecting without a micron filter then they aren't injecting safely. A micron filter takes out the left over binder and fillers still in solution after you filter with a cotton and also gets rid of the bacteria that may be in the water. Heating it doesn't get rid of bacteria like people think (heating the soln is rather dumb as it allows more binder and filler to remain in the solution after you filter it with a cotton).

The Rasta
08-06-2012, 18:05
Most of them use pieces of a cig filter or a cotton ball, but they were explaining to me how they've always done it and they haven't ever gotten cotton fever from it.

Cloudy
08-06-2012, 18:11
Cotton fever isn't the only risk. Think about what all is in that pill, not just 30mg of oxycodone. It weighs easily 200+mg with 30mg of it being oxycodone, that is a lot of shit that needs to be filtered out. A cotton as well as cig filter doesn't have very fine of a filter so a lot of the particles will still manage to get through either one of those filters, so you will be injecting a bunch of crap along with the 30mg of oxy. the bioavalability of oxycodone is high enough where IVing doesn't have any noticeable benefits. You are just putting yourself at more risk for a shorter come up that doesn't produce much of a rush. This is how you destroy you veins and put yourself at risk for more serious health problems. You shouldn't choose to engage in activities just because other individuals do so. Stepping up to IVing is a serious decision. A poor decision at that. If you choose to proceed you should atleast to it with the least amount of risks. Also micron filters are decently cheap for a pack of them and can be found easily online. They are a lot cheaper than a hospital bill,

The Rasta
08-06-2012, 18:18
Ahh I gotcha. So if I were to snort it instead, it would produce the same "high" as IV? Everyone I've asked says that you'll only get high by snorting them about 5 times before you need the needle to feel it.

Cloudy
08-06-2012, 18:24
Snorting has a lower Bioavaliability than oral or IV. IV has 100% bioavaliability, oral has a bioavaliability of ~87%, and snorting has a bioavalability of ~50-60%. Also with snorting you are going to have a lot shorter duration than orally taking them. Its not like hydromorphone or oxymorphone where the bioavaliability of oral is soooo much lower than IV or nasal that taking them orally is stupid. Taking oxycodone orally is the smart thing to do. You will get a 4-5 hour high rather than a 2-3 hour high if you choose to take them orally.

Misfit Chick
08-06-2012, 18:30
Did anyone actually answer your question?? the ammount of water does not really matter....if its only one pill , you can use 40 to 70 ccs..or as much as you like. ive ben using iv drugs 20 years, and here your best bet, use bottled water if you can, use a brand new needle, use cig filter over cotton balls/qtip.. you do not need to heat. some say the least ammount of water you use, the better the rush...who knows, i never could tell either way..BUT I WILL WARN YOU....USING IV IS JUST AS ADDICTING AS THE DRUG, I AM JUST AS ADDICTED TO USING THE NEEDLE, AS I AM OPIATES....I ADVISE NOT DOING THIS , AS YOU WILL FALL IN LOVE WITH THE INTENCE HIGH, AND IN A FEW YEARS FROM NOW, YOU WILL PROBABLY BE A NEEDLE JUNKIE LIKE MYSELF, MOST PEOPLE SAY HEY CAN JUST "DO IT" AND NOT GET ADDICTED TO THIS SHIT.....BULLSHIT...ONE IN A HUNDRED. BE SAFE MY FRIEND GOOD LUCK.

Misfit Chick
08-06-2012, 18:39
Cotton fever is not from the filter, it is from bacteria growing on the filter/spoon, after you have shot up, and the water sits on the cotton/spoon, the growth of bacteria can start as early as 4 hours....its from trying to pull the second "hit" from the spoon after t has sat for hours, or days....so if you try to pull a second hit, i would add the water and put the lighter to it....lets face it, not everyone out here in druggie land is ordering micron filters off the net and waiting to do there shit..

Misfit Chick
08-06-2012, 18:53
Yes, snorting produces the same high...however, snorting is less intence, and lasts much longer, while iv produces a warm fuzzy rush that you will fall in love with, and a shorter lasting high...for me, snorting 4 to 6 hours, while iv would be 3 to 4 hours...i cant tell you what to do, your gonna do what you want regaurdless of what anyone says here, im just honest, i love love love what i do, but it has ruined my life, iv drug use has a price, its like selling your soul to the devil...if you beilieve in that.....i wont talk mubo jumbo with you, that you wont understand...i just tell you how it is from the heart.

Cloudy
08-06-2012, 18:56
^There is the edit button for a reason, please don't double post. Thanks :)

The Rasta
09-06-2012, 17:24
Thank you for the advice! I tried snorting a 15 for the first time yesterday.best thing I have EVER felt in my life. 5 hours later, I was getting a 30mg lol. Im still indecisive about shooting it though. I can't really bring myself to stoop that low for one high. I'm prolly gonna end up doing it one day though:/

Mr.Scagnattie
09-06-2012, 17:55
Aside from the inherent dangers of injecting pills that aren't filtered properly, the high from IV oxycodone is really bland. It's something that has been talked about on this forum a lot. There is no rush, just instant onset, which is a big difference...and it doesn't last very long. People assume that IV'ing, no matter what drug we're talking about, is going to be the end all be all best way to do it—the most intense way. That's not true though. Some drugs really are just pointless to IV and oxy is one of them. I'm telling you man, you won't get this magnificent rush and breathtaking high from oxy, if that is what you're imagining. It's pretty lame to be honest. Just take it orally. Don't force yourself to IV something just for the sake of it..

if its only one pill , you can use 40 to 70 ccs..

Oh, and I hope you meant 40-70 units... as 40-70 cc's is a ton of liquid.. An entire syringe is 1cc, provided it's not the 1/2 cc kind..

RedRum OG
09-06-2012, 22:05
IME shooting oxy is a waste. Weaker high and much much shorter lasting. However if you have a tolerance 30mg probably won't do much eaten.

How much water really doesn't matter, just enough so that the pill completely dissolves Without heat!

tricomb
09-06-2012, 23:02
Just pop them orally, there's no point to IV oxycodone. Read the links Cloudy provided.

It has an oral onset of about 15-20 mins, if you can't wait that long to feel great then definitely don't start abusing oxycodone.

chase_in_56ace
10-06-2012, 00:13
Lol IvIng roxies DOES produce a rush. wtf r u ppl smoking. Iving blues is amazing I do it every day. For the RUSH. the immiediate onset of the high. Pisses me off so much wen u clowns say theres no rush compared to dilaudid. What the fuck? U kno hoe many ppl are addicgtdd to shooting these things?

Fire&Water
10-06-2012, 00:27
I cannot believe there is a new post, almost word for word why it is so much better to slam oxycodone, EVERY WEEK !...
It is NOT a rush ! LISTEN to the people that know what they are talking about !

Fire&Water
10-06-2012, 00:32
[QUOTE=The Rasta;10653033]I've never put a needle in my arm before, but it seems in my town that is the pill of choice. I'm planning on letting an experienced friend hit me with it. The only problem I have is: How much water should I put in the spoon with the pill? Also, once the drug is liquified in the spoon, do you just throw in the filter and shoot up everything in the spoon? Or do you add more water with the drug in the rig? Sorry if this was kinda confusing I'm just trying to not fuck myself up=D[/QUOTE

"Sorry if this is confusing I'm just trying not to fuck myself up"
This says it all...(why you should not try/start) ! please reconsider

Misfit Chick
10-06-2012, 07:35
Oh, and I hope you meant 40-70 units... as 40-70 cc's is a ton of liquid.. An entire syringe is 1cc, provided it's not the 1/2 cc kind..[/QUOTE]

yes yes...thank you for correction....units not cc...20 yrs of drug use=20 yrs drain bamage...

Cloudy
10-06-2012, 07:43
1cc is 1ml. 20ccs would be a shit ton of liquid

g0to
10-06-2012, 07:49
I second what everyone else said. Don't shoot a roxi just cause it feels like the right thing to do or next thing you know youll be shooting them all the time. Many people start shooting because its the only thing that will let them cost effectively stay maintained compared to oral, sniffing - dont be one of the people that jump from the deep end just because it seems like a fun thing to do. Not only that, but IVing a pill is horrendous for your veins. I IV'd mdma, ketamine, meth and still wouldnt shoot a pill. If you must shoot it then take proper harm reduction measures and use a micron filter. Cotton will not take out all of the non-solubles. Also, NEVER heat the solution, stir it for longer if you must (most shooters will stir for a very short time before heating, let it rest for a few minutes and stir again a few times, should get most dissolvables into soln). Stay safe..!

Tommyboy
10-06-2012, 08:02
I basically know how to do it without causing any major harm. I've watched my friends do the whole process countless times, I've just never paid attention to how much water is supposed to be in the rig with the already finished pill/water solution (if any at all)

Most people do not use safe IV practices, so dont think that watching 'friends' IV will teach you how to do it safely.

Lol IvIng roxies DOES produce a rush. wtf r u ppl smoking. Iving blues is amazing I do it every day. For the RUSH. the immiediate onset of the high. Pisses me off so much wen u clowns say theres no rush compared to dilaudid. What the fuck? U kno hoe many ppl are addicgtdd to shooting these things?

Immediate onset is not the same thing as the rush, with respect to IV opiates. There is a completely different feeling for 20 seconds or so after IVing most opiates, which is certainly not just the come up being faster. Most people do not experience a rush from oxycodone, although some say they have. Oxycodone is one of the only opioids that I have heard of people switching back to the oral ROA after IVing it. It doesn't last as long when you IV it, and since it's dangerous to IV and most people don't get a rush from it, the risks outweigh the benefits, which is why even some hardcore addicts just eat them.

Crankinit
10-06-2012, 09:07
Even ignoring the rush/no rush argument, IVing oxy will give you much better value for money, especially if you have a tolerance. When I swapped to injecting I was having to eat 200mg to get a decent high going, once I shot up I would shoot only 100mg and get a better high than what I was getting from eating 200mg. The duration is slightly shorter (30 - 60 minutes) but if you do the math it's still much more bang for buck.

That said, I absolutely wouldn't do it without a micron filter, the damage you can do to your body is immense and not worth it.

tricomb
10-06-2012, 11:44
Most people do not use safe IV practices, so dont think that watching 'friends' IV will teach you how to do it safely.

Immediate onset is not the same thing as the rush, with respect to IV opiates. There is a completely different feeling for 20 seconds or so after IVing most opiates, which is certainly not just the come up being faster. Most people do not experience a rush from oxycodone, although some say they have. Oxycodone is one of the only opioids that I have heard of people switching back to the oral ROA after IVing it. It doesn't last as long when you IV it, and since it's dangerous to IV and most people don't get a rush from it, the risks outweigh the benefits, which is why even some hardcore addicts just eat them.

Thanks, I feel like we cover this on a nearly daily basis.... And then there's posts like the following which are anti-HR and not completely logical...

Even ignoring the rush/no rush argument, IVing oxy will give you much better value for money, especially if you have a tolerance. When I swapped to injecting I was having to eat 200mg to get a decent high going, once I shot up I would shoot only 100mg and get a better high than what I was getting from eating 200mg. The duration is slightly shorter (30 - 60 minutes) but if you do the math it's still much more bang for buck.

That said, I absolutely wouldn't do it without a micron filter, the damage you can do to your body is immense and not worth it.

It's not a better value for money, tolerance or not. As you said, it's substantially shorter which makes you usually want more and more, and MOST people who actually IV oxycodones don't micron filter. I swear all my friends who are all season veteran IV-users, they all laugh so hard when they hear about kids banging oxy, just like we bust up when I hear about kids smoking oxy.

Even these guys who have been using for years/decades, they slam oxymorphone, hydromorphone, morphine, and heroin, they all take their oxy's orally.... That really should be saying something...

Plus, I'll be the one to say that there is no rush associated with oxycodone, as Tommyboy explained, there is a difference between near instantenous onset, and rush. Several examples, hydromorphone, oxymorphone, morphine these drugs produce a legit rush.

I've even experienced rushes with morphine and hydromorphone when taken large doses rectally, and oxymorphone can gives me a rushing sensation when I snort it, despite it's slower onset. Heroin give me a damn good rush when I smoke it, but it takes skill to get the technique down as most people don't know how to properly chase.

Another poor example, is how some people inject benzodiazepines. I've injected many benzodiazepines with the proper solvent, be it H20 for midazolam, loprazolam, flurazepam, or PEG for alprazolam, triazolam, and the other common ones. Just because I injected them, didn't mean I got better effects, it's not at all worth the effort, going through micron filtration, the whole injection process makes me nauseous even to think about now because I've been clean from IV drug abuse for over 2.5 years now. Plus, yeah, the only difference is immediate onset, which is why the best way to take benzodiazepines for most rapid onset and for longer-lasting effects, steady effects is sublingually.

With oxycodone, it's pretty much the same logic being applied, but the ROA that makes the most sense with the most reward and least risk of complications is orally.

Znegative
10-06-2012, 12:27
Tricomb put this perfectly.. Ive tried to IV oxycodone multiple times, (4 to be exact), each time, hoping, praying that it would be a worthwhile experience. Each time I regretted it-no rush, short duration (like crack without the rush), and you're left with the thought "damn, I just wasted a drug with an 80% oral BA to satisfy my needle fever". If you want a comparison, IV oxycodone is to IV Oxymorphone, what IV Dextroamphetamine is to IV cocaine... it's actually a WASTE!

thizFreckles
10-06-2012, 18:10
Thank you for the advice! I tried snorting a 15 for the first time yesterday.best thing I have EVER felt in my life. 5 hours later, I was getting a 30mg lol. Im still indecisive about shooting it though. I can't really bring myself to stoop that low for one high. I'm prolly gonna end up doing it one day though:/

This. You said it yourself already. If you are having second doubts, definitely do not do it. If you were satisfied with sniffing it (which it seems like you really were) then I would just stick with that for now.

Everyone is different and experiences things differently so where some say there is a rush, some say there isn't. I think that people who say there is a rush with IV oxy haven't experienced a rush from IV heroin or dilaudid.

Also, a good way to get a 'satisfying' feeling (not comparable to an IV 'rush' feeling, but a way to get a good buzz if you like the insufflatuon ROA) is to orally take a roxi (mg depending on your tolerance) & then 20-30 min later snort a roxi (mg also depending on tolerance). Bec you are already feeling good from the oral, the quickness of onset from snorting it will produce a nice effect. Kind of like a "sniffing rush" for lack of a better explanation.

<3

chase_in_56ace
10-06-2012, 20:20
I have shot dilaudid plenty of times Iving oxycodone produces a better rush, for me personally. I put 3 in the spoonand rip that bitch. Powerful kimmiediate overwhelmingly orgasmic and noddy effects that last for hours. Lol, no one would evr say after an oxy shot "damn I just wasted a pill w such a high oral Ba" its the other way around

Tommyboy
11-06-2012, 06:04
I have shot dilaudid plenty of times Iving oxycodone produces a better rush, for me personally. I put 3 in the spoonand rip that bitch. Powerful kimmiediate overwhelmingly orgasmic and noddy effects that last for hours. Lol, no one would evr say after an oxy shot "damn I just wasted a pill w such a high oral Ba" its the other way around

I didn't say it right after the oxy shot, but I did 30 minutes later when the high was wearing off, compared to it taking another hour to wear off when I would eat it. I guess that you are one of the few lucky (or unlucky, depending on how you look at it) people that gets a rush from IVing oxy. I would just get high quicker from doing it, with no immediate tingling, pulsating feeling taking over my body, which I get from other IV opiate rushes.

Everything is subjective, although there will be a majority that feel one way or another from certain drugs. The majority of people dont get a rush from IV oxycodone, but I hear like 1/12 people saying they do get a weak rush from it, and like 1/50 people say they actually get a really good rush from it.

The Rasta
11-06-2012, 18:37
Hmm that's kind of odd. In my town there are probably 20 people that are addicted to these roxy 30s. They say shooting them is the best feeling you will ever have, etc. It seems to be a popular addiction in my city. Hell when I snorted it, it gave me a rush I have never felt and I felt amazingly warm and tingly all over.

annahj
12-06-2012, 02:40
Ok There is no regular Dilaudid around here where I live. The main doctor that prescribes them got into some kind of trouble so he is having to take the people off of so many Dilaudid. My Friend gets 16mg Hydromorphone. We have been trying to figure out how to shoot them. They have that inside that is described in another discussion. It is half white and the other half is like grayish/black. Can someone help me by telling me what I need to do to bang them. The best way possible anyway.

annahj
12-06-2012, 02:43
I dont get a rush like I would when I shoot Dilaudid. But I can feel it hit me instantly and It is an awesome feeling.

Tommyboy
12-06-2012, 02:51
Ok There is no regular Dilaudid around here where I live. The main doctor that prescribes them got into some kind of trouble so he is having to take the people off of so many Dilaudid. My Friend gets 16mg Hydromorphone. We have been trying to figure out how to shoot them. They have that inside that is described in another discussion. It is half white and the other half is like grayish/black. Can someone help me by telling me what I need to do to bang them. The best way possible anyway.

Search for the info or start a new thread on it. This way this thread can stay on topic.

annahj
12-06-2012, 05:32
I don't know how to do that. I have been coming to this website for at least a year and a half but I just now signed up and got a username. Today was actually my first post. Can you let me know how. And will someone respond to that for me you know cause I am new and don't know anyone on here yet. Thank you though. I will try to figure it out.