Bluelight

• Bluelight Census 2018

Global Drug Survey has partnered with Bluelight to create a sample of people who reported using Bluelight in the last 7 days.
    This report is based on the data from 1480 people who used Bluelight in the last 7 days and completed GDS up to and including questions about novel substance use.
    The survey was live in November-December 2017.

Summary of results:
    • Most Bluelighters (70% ) come from English-speaking countries (US, UK, Australia, Canada)
    • Bluelighters are typically young 'white' males (median age 20, 84% male, 88% 'White')
    • Over half of Bluelighters are currently studying (56% )
    • A quarter (24% ) have completed a university qualification
    • Half (51% ) report being in paid employment, including 28% that work full-time
    • 20% report their occupation as 'professional'
    • Almost half (45% ) report 'never' going clubbing
    • Lifetime drug use rates include 94% cannabis, 71% LSD and 68% MDMA
    • Lifetime use of prescription benzodiapines (64% ) and opioids (60% ) is significant
    • Lifetime rates of novel drug use are high, e.g. LSD analogues (21% ), novel benzos (21% )
    • Clearnet forums (such as Bluelight) are used extensively for harm reduction information
    • Almost all Bluelighterswho reported trying MDMA for the first time in the last 12 months used Bluelight to research MDMA beforehand

Limitations: the sample may not be representative of the Bluelight population and the results rely on accuracy of self-report.

Read/download the full report here: bluelightcensus2018.pdf

Thanks to all of the community members who took the time to complete this survey.
    Thanks also to Global Drug Survey for partnering with Bluelight in 2018.
    Comments 8 Comments
      Jjrod -
      Comment
      manofalldrugs -
      [FONT=comic sans ms]I have been using this website since I was 14 to find drug information. If I hadn't found this site I could have overdosed not knowing what milligrams of each substance to take. So I wanna give a big thank you to all of the members and creators..
      euphoricnod -
      Quote Originally Posted by manofalldrugs View Post
      [FONT=comic sans ms]I have been using this website since I was 14 to find drug information. If I hadn't found this site I could have overdosed not knowing what milligrams of each substance to take. So I wanna give a big thank you to all of the members and creators..
      I am more than sure that having Bluelight as a resource prevented me from overdosing or otherwise killing myself.
      ExperimentalQT -
      Thank you Bluelight for always helping in keeping me informed on what I am putting in my body...things would have been a lot dicier for me without this database.
      Fizzyhoow -
      I too have been using Bluelight since I was a kid and I'm immensely grateful for everyone providing essential information and keeping me safe during all these years
      Thomas29 -
      I have also used Bluelight since I was 15 and still do at Age 25 And it's still helping Me with My Pain Management to this Day as of recent use of the Forums.
      DrumTripper -
      +1 to above, I wish I had the resource back in the 80s-90s. Back then, there was little available, save for what you could scrounge at the libraries. I know you can’t see it, but right now I am raising a glass to Bluelight: cheers to you all!
      Cocolove011689 -
      Yeah Ive always used blue light anytime I was doing anything new since middle school still use it in my 20s