Bluelight

• The Wiki Forum Is Now Officially Closed

The Wiki Forum Is Now Officially Closed
    The BL wiki started with good intentions, but ultimately people stopped contributing and the forum became a conduit for spam and basic drug questions. As such, it is now closed.

Should we ever find volunteers who have the ambition, time and knowledge to make a concerted effort to continue it, then perhaps it will be given another chance.

Thanks on behalf of everyone to the people who contributed so much quality content. If you ever see viable means to revive it, then I suggest you get in touch.

Also, big thanks to CFC for his dummy 'the wiki forum is now closed' thread here, which kept all the spammers out when it actually wasn't really closed at all.

Both the wiki forum and presumably the actual wiki itself will eventually be archived.

If anybody has anything to add, please comment below.

As an alternative wiki, I personally recommend

PsychonautWiki

It's very comprehensive and really shows what a huge undertaking this was always going to be.

Cheers again people.

-Tranced
    Comments 6 Comments
      CFC -
      Praise the lawd!

Yeah, sad, but it would have been a massive undertaking in itself, on top of everything else BL tries to do. Plus there are some great resources already, as you point out.
      JK25 -
      Bluelight is THE go-to place for personal/professional information regarding any fucking substance out there. Do I even dare to say beter than Erowid? Even some academic research journals and studies I have gone to for specific information emitted what I needed and Bluelight came to the rescue. First hand experience from a fellow user surpasses any study done on control subjects, in my opinion anyway.

Thank you for calming my nerves on numerous occasions where I just ingested something only to find contra-indications later on Wikipedia but then people herein report EXACTLY what would be the effects and side-effects that put my mind to ease.

Long story short, Bluelight members know their shit. Properly at that.
      LucidSDreamr -
      i didn't realize this was happening in the first place. i think bluelight has more drug knowledge (albiet more unorganized ) than erowid.
      SouthernBelle18 -
      Can someone explain to me how to make a post? Im new here and haveing a lil trouble posting and all.
      Dropdown 710 -
      this really sucks, this was the most reliable site for information about any medication controlled or non controlled. I hope that this is not a permanent closure! Hell Bluelight get so much traffic I wouldn't care if they started doing a good bit of advertising on the pages, or even playing ad commercials like youtube before you view each thread, or everyone send a dollar or 50 cents, that would be enough to keep em up
      Tranced -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dropdown 710 View Post
      this really sucks, this was the most reliable site for information about any medication controlled or non controlled. I hope that this is not a permanent closure! Hell Bluelight get so much traffic I wouldn't care if they started doing a good bit of advertising on the pages, or even playing ad commercials like youtube before you view each thread, or everyone send a dollar or 50 cents, that would be enough to keep em up
      Hmm, I really don't think we're on the same page here. The bluelight wiki sub-forum is closed, it can still be viewed here, you just can't post and nobody had started new threads in about 3-5 years.

The bluelight wiki itself can be viewed here, as it always could be. Click all pages on the left and you will see. The last contribution to the wiki was to the alcohol page in 2014, and the wiki is very far from finished.

It is clear that the project has naturally discontinued, but anybody who wants to organise a party to take on the behemoth task of completing it can feel free... but it would be a huge undertaking and I haven't seen any offers since things dwindled.

PsychonautWiki is nothing to do with bluelight, but it is a great resource and mostly complete, hence my directing people to there. It continues to exist, and is not the same as the BL wiki.