Bluelight

Synthetic Cannabinoids Study

Thread: utopia 2 (thanks giving eve - November 26) NYC - by illusion productions!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    utopia 2 (thanks giving eve - November 26) NYC - by illusion productions!!!! 
    Lightbulb
    Illusion Productions presents.....

UTOPIA 2

Thanksgiving Eve
    Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Because of the overwhelming response and support we received from our first Utopia, we decided to make it an annual tradition of Illusion Productions; to host a series of these shows. Be prepared for a large four room venue with a rooftop patio and ten projection screens, along with the nationally acclaimed Phazon sound system. Come join us on this special night and celebrate the rejuvenation of our scene.

GEORGE ACOSTA
    (Unknown World Management, Miami)

Trance. Whether you like your trance melodic and uplifting, or hard and fast, trance by any definition is here to stay. From the warehouse parties of the late 80's to car commericials in 2001, trance has become part of the new millennium, part of our lifestyle. All because of artists like George Acosta. Every time George puts a needle on a record, he proves that 'trance', whatever the label, has changed, evolved, become a lifestyle, a culture as well it should. With over 15 years of experience as a DJ & Producer, he has helped change and evolve trance from an underground movement to massive festival experiences throughout the world. George Acosta is America's most unique DJ and has been a major force in shaping the sound of trance worldwild. We proudly bring this legend to share Thanksgiving Eve with us, in the heart of Manhattan, for an exclusive three hour performance.

Nostrum
    (Time Unlimited, Germany)

Nostrum began his production career with smooth ambient and break-beat, until developing his own individual style. His music is now classified as melodic hard trance. Don't miss this rare opportunity to catch a master at work! You will not be disappointed.

Micro
    (Caffeine, NY)

With over thirteen years behind the turntables, Micro's ability to whip dance floors into a frenzy and superb sense of groove made him a dance music sensation. There is no easy way to sum up a dancemusic phenomenon such as New York's DJ Micro. Be prepared for a two hour set as this acclaimed DJ, producer and label founder once described URB as the "techno maestro" never fails to conjure an ecstatic night of pumping progressive sounds on the dance floor.

D:Fuse
    (People 2 System Recordings, Toronto)

With an on-going DJ residency at the legendary Release in San Francisco, a busy touring schedule in the US, as well as headlining sports in the UK, D:FUSE is a legendary progressive dance music producer.

Skylab2000
    (Los Angeles)

Acid breaks, funy beats and hard driving trance has gained him an international recognition as one of the best live acts in the history of electronic music. Be prepared for the ultimate LIVE PA experience.

Dieselboy with MC J Messinian
    (Planet of the Drums, Philadelphia)

Dieselboy, dubbed one of "America's finest" drum and bass artists, has become the most popular jungle DJ in America. Be prepared as this talent will be performing for a mega three hour set!

AK1200
    (Planet Of The Drums, Orlando)

America's original jungle pioneer has been pushing the sound since the music's initial incarnation as hardcore breakbeat.

Freaky Flow with MC Flipside
    (Moonshine, Toronto)

We are proud to bring these two drum and bass icons from Canada for this special evening.

X-Dream
    (Topaz Records, NYC)

With over seveteen years behind the turntables, X-Dream is regarded as one of the East Coast's finest Trance DJs.

Johnny Fame
    (Illusion Productions, NYC)

Fame has established himself as one of NYC's most in demand house DJ/Producers.

Also featuring the Illusion Production artists....
    PRIME
    prime has been on a never ending mission to educate the masses with his fresh hard funky uk hard house sound, with perfect cuts and amazing tricks prime has prooved himself time and time again to be a great addition to any party.
    QUEST
    quests burning passion for techno and deep trance has set him apart from other djs. his focus and determination are unparaled and hes sure to set our dance floor on fire once more. watch out for this quickly rising star

ECHOSTAR
    the illusions techno wizard returns once more to the wheels of steel to warm up the crowd with his dirty techno funk .

And our local favorites....
    DECIBEL FLEKX
    EXODUS
    CRAIG HARRIS
    HAVOK
    JOE JACK
    SOMA
    NRGIZER
    DEFINITION
    GOODFELLA
    WIT?
    HEATHCLIFF
    MISSINTERPRETED
    MASSACRE
    IAN DOLLARS$$
    DJ CER
    CANNADA
    CANDY KID
    RICHIE NEALE
    GALVATRON
    SOUL ASSASSIN
    SUPERTERRIFIC
    J-SINZ
    KURT J
    K-WEST

For additional information:
    E-Mail: UTOPIA973@AOL.COM
    Infoline: 212-946-5857

Event at:
    Club Shelter
    20 W 39th Street
    New York, NY

Ages/Price:
    16+ to enter, 21+ to drink
    Must have valid photo ID to enter
    $37 in advance at ticket outlets & www.spinfoil.com
    You can avoid ticket surcharges and e-mail us directly
    to use paypal or credit cards.

More details to follow......we are looking for artists to decorate!

[edited - Please read the GUIDELINES for the forum before posting. "-- All thread topics should follow the format of including the *name*, *date*, and *location* (at least the city and venue also if possible) of the event. NO exceptions!" I edited your topic to include that. You also need to include the time, which neither your post, website, or spinfoil page have. Thanks.
    Last edited by dj prime nyc; 06-10-2003 at 06:32.

2. Collapse Details

hmmm how did I miss this?? I mean it is a NY party and NY parties are my favorites. However its far away from happening, but I'm definitely going to consider it.

3. Collapse Details

niiiiiiiiiice lineup. as long as i'm in ny that night, i'll seriously consider going to this.

4. Collapse Details
    wow 
    Talking
    cool we worked hard on this one

5. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    funny, i was just saying the other night that i've always missed george acosta spinning.
    alright, well, we'll see what the deal is with the money and all that by the time tickets go on sale.
    this sounds kinda hot guys...anyone else considering? (you know yall are really the majority of the reason that i try and come out. )

-jen

6. Collapse Details

WHOOOO looky at that line up
    I will be in town and I will be attending this party. Jen you HAVE TO COME. Now it's a priority since i'll be there

7. Collapse Details

Thumbs up
    I will definitely be there. And will likely cream myself during a select set or two.

Hmm...nice ass, Eddie.

8. Collapse Details

from the guidelines
    -- Personal Attacks... there's no place for them. Period. If you have an issue with a moderator of this forum, contact them privately, NOT through posting here. These types of posts WILL BE edited/deleted.
    Last edited by chrissie; 12-10-2003 at 05:34.

9. Collapse Details

Heart
    jen's there? eddie's there? erik's there? i'm so there!!!

hey erik, get your eyes off that ass!

10. Collapse Details

Star
    hmmm

Decent lineup, I have Thanksgiving and the day after that off of work already anyway, haven't been to NYC in a loooooooooong time...I'm thinking about it. In fact, the last time I saw George Acosta spin was also the last time I partied in NYC.

That is, if I can find someone to go with (and provided that someone isn't a SPAZ with directions like I am)

11. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    wooooo... now how can i say no!! ~~~~>> i will be there!!

12. Collapse Details

I just might be there too. I mean the lineup is SOO very nice in all areas. And I even recognize and know some of the local favorites. Its definitely an exciting switch-up from the typical NY djs at parties I've been checking out.
    Oh boy the lineup is so teasing/tempting me to come out there that I'll proberly be there to check-it-out

$37 though , we'll see

13. Collapse Details
    hey 
    hey i know price is a little cheeky

but this is what our ticket can cost at the least with out us loosing out

buuuuuuuut

if u email me u can buy ur tickets through pay pal and save on those horrid ticket service charge things!

i mean i think thats cool no??

djritalin718@aol.com
    or
    XXXprimeXXX@aol.com

and ur name and how many tickets u want and i will reply

also
    put in the subject! :::regarding tickets!

coool?

14. Collapse Details

I love the line up but I HATE Shelter. Why Shelter? That place gets crowded so quickly and has really poor ventilation. *sigh* I'll still probably be there...

15. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Weed
    haha, when someone told me about this party it drew a complete blank in my head. now i come to find that i've posted about it. freaky shit.
    this sounds rad people. eddie, you're on dude, i didn't know you were coming over this way! so yes, i will definatly be there.
    i cant wait already!!! halloween begins my countdown.

-jen

16. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Originally posted by Doozer
    I love the line up but I HATE Shelter. Why Shelter? That place gets crowded so quickly and has really poor ventilation. *sigh* I'll still probably be there...
    damn!! you really just got me thinkin girl... this venue does really suck!! there isnt even a main room.... just little rooms on top of each other... well, like she said, yeah i will probably be there

oh and jen... if i am there you better f*ckin be there!!

17. Collapse Details

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the first Utopia venue across the street from the Key? I hope I'm not mixing up parties, but last year the floor of the main room was so shakey I thought the dancers were going to bring it crashing down on top of the floor underneath them. At least this is avoidable at Shelter...mildly better construction.

Ah well...can't wait to go with you Brooklyn!!

18. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    oh and jen... if i am there you better f*ckin be there!!
    you got that backwards hon, if i'm IM there i expect you to be also. wouldn't be right any other way.

Yea, the shelter venue pretty much sucked from what i remember of it. but i also remember having an awesome time with my peoples, and smokin a couple of fatties on the roof. i'm down for a repeat performance, that is if the roof dosn't collapse before we get up there.

-jen

19. Collapse Details

^^^WELL...Jen...you just don't have a choice....because I had a good time at Starscape (the whole damn trip) and we are going to need a reunion. You are coming!

~Amy~

20. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Weed
    the [i]whole[i] damn trip huh? haha! too funny. (i miss yall's too)

i will be there.

-jen

21. Collapse Details

awesome lineup, this seems like a definite happening for me and my crew, especially dieselboy being there... i have to represent philly w00t... and i missed micro last time he was down here (at vibrance 2.0) and i so miss him from the old space days so i think we are attending this one.

much

22. Collapse Details
    Re: hey 
    Originally posted by dj prime nyc
    hey i know price is a little cheeky

but this is what our ticket can cost at the least with out us loosing out

buuuuuuuut

if u email me u can buy ur tickets through pay pal and save on those horrid ticket service charge things!

i mean i think thats cool no??

djritalin718@aol.com
    or
    XXXprimeXXX@aol.com

and ur name and how many tickets u want and i will reply

also
    put in the subject! :::regarding tickets!

coool?
    very cool of you to offer like that...

This party definitely has a sick lineup, but I have to agree about not being fond of Shelter... I've had good times at parties there, but only if I ignore where I am and just try to have fun, regardless. I would much prefer another venue, but hey, what are you going to do. Props for constructing this line-up for a party anywhere. See ya'll there.

-Alex

23. Collapse Details
    HOW BIG 
    Question
    aight, I need someone to give me some good-ass description of this venue. The Shelter is one of the very fewest venues I've never partied in since I'm in NY all the time.
    ANyway, I need details upon details and more details about the size & space. Is this place a sweatbox, is it fallen apart, how many bars, how many dancefloors/areas, and how big are the dancefloors, etc., etc.. Give me the works!! And also try to compare this venue with another venue, that way I can also get a picture in my mind as well. Like is it somewhat like the Roseland, Amazura, or the Key, setup

anyway THANKS so much because I'm REALLY down for the lineup and I really want to go, but I've have madd questions about the venue. I don't want to be cramped while trying to get my party-on

24. Collapse Details
    shelter 
    shelter is a four room venue in midtown manhattan

its 5 floors

a basement

a ground floor

a bar/lounge/coatcheck area

a main shelter dance floor

and a roof for smoking the cancer sticks

the bassment..... and the main floor are about the same size
    the bass ment is dark and dank and has a more than decent light set up
    and a stage
    is about the size off the small rink at the key and just inside area of the small rink
    not the surrounding areas of the rink it has a bar off to the side and two separate bathrooms
    the bassment is fitted with a quater of the super loud super clear phazon sound system from twilo and it does the room mad justice

the ground floor is the same size as the bassment and the main floor but is cut up into little lounge spaces thiers one to therear and one to the immediate left when u walk in thier is also a small bar to the right and rear left thier is a stage in this room so the dance floor is a bits smaller thier is a male bathroom on this floor this floor has another quarter of the phazon and parts of the old shelter main floor system

the coatcheck/lounge/21 and over alkie room...
    is the smallest room in the joint its about the size of amazuras top floor expecpt a bit more square and has a bar that will be serving alch. this room we will be brining in our own 16 thousand watt sound system that was used downstairs at the matrix so u can feel the bass in ur teeth when ur getting ur drink on
    outside of this room is coat check and a unisex bathroom which a security gaurd is always in

the main floor the power house and the shelter floor

has the largest dance floor area of all the floors and has a womens bathroom and a small moovable water station in the rear off the floor
    this has the biggest baddest system in the whole venue half off the original mighty phazon system from twilo and this shit kicks it has wooden dance floors and has a large coolant system in place to keep that shit cool and under control this floor also has the best lighting ig in the whole venue boasting over 70 lights all controlled manually from the dj booth we will also be adding visiual screens for visual meltdown

i tried to be as fair an honest with the sizes and so on so forth as possible if any one has any objections feel free to state ur oppinions

oh oh oh!!

thiers a roof for smoking with high walls so no one can fall off or nuffin its pretty cool

so there u go

25. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    yea the setup of shelter is pretty much..
    sweatbox over
    sweatbox over
    sweatbox over....

you get the point. the roof is pretty cool though.

hey sugafist. i've never met you before. you're probably like, "who is this bitch?" but you've seemed to have met alls of my peoples and i feel a little left out. i'm a lot cooler than brooklyn, i'll can say that much. but you'll have to see for yourself.

-jen

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast