Bluelight

Thread: Kratom - First time - Another Kratom Success

1. Collapse Details
    Kratom - First time - Another Kratom Success 
    After reading the few successful reports on Kratom over the past couple weeks, I decided to try it myself.

I ordered 4g of resin extract and 6g of premium powdered leaf. I weighed out 3g of the resin extract on my scale, and I melted it down in a tea. I added some lemon juice and sugar for flavor, and though the tea was somewhat bitter, there was something about the taste that I actually enjoyed.

Well, after about 10 minutes I started to feel the onset of "something." It was undefined at this point, but it was definitely something. Another five minutes went by, and I started to feel some slight psychological and physical stimulation. I could definitely notice the Indole type structure in it. It was almost like the alert of a mushroom high or something, though there was nothing psychedelic or hallucinogenic about it.

At about the 20-25 minute mark, I was starting to feel euphoria, both psychological and physical. The physical was felt in my stomach and my chest at first and eventually spread throughout my entire body. The first effects were a mixture of stimulation and sedation, though after about 30 minutes, I felt an Opiate type high very similar to that of Hydrocodone, as others have mentioned, for about a few hours. It got reasonably intense at times, and there was definitely something really social about it. I would say it was comparable to around 20-25mgs of Hydrocodone, but I am very sensitive to the effects of Opiates/Opioids, though I can also handle alot.

As time went on, the euphoria left my body and was felt more in my head for a while. I am still under the influence of it now, and I still feel really good. This is a very worthwhile substance that I will definitely be repeating. So far I have not experienced any negative side effects, but if I do, I will report about it later, and I will also post about how I feel tomorrow.

In conclusion for now, I will say that this is not inferior to Opium or Poppy tea. I mean, I think there would be negative side effects at higher doses (anxiety, nausea, and vomiting), but I find the feeling extremely enjoyable and recreational.

substancecode_Kratom
    substancecode_Ethnobotanical
    substancecode_MitragyanSpeciosa
    substancecode_opiate
    substancecode_opioid
    categorycode_recreation
    categorycode_solo
    categorycode_indoors
    categorycode_positive
    explevel_firsttime
    Last edited by Beenhead; 22-03-2008 at 01:30.

2. Collapse Details

I'm glad to hear you had a good time with the kratom. It's becoming one of my favorite recreational substances. I was really surprised when I first took it that it was as strong as it is.

One thing everyone should watch out for (esp. on higher doses) is that this stuff depresses your breathing. Be extra careful not to take any other things that might depress your breathing as well. On 10g of kratom tea I can feel myself starting to "forget to breath" for a few seconds occasionally.

3. Collapse Details

Yeah, I did notice the depressed breathing, but I am very accustomed to Opiates/Opioids, so I am used to it. I have been so intoxicated from OxyContin before that I couldn't fall asleep. I kept waking up because I wasn't breathing. ..Kind of scared the crap out of me. As for the day after effects, I just woke up, and I feel fine. I don't have any nausea, depression, weakness, etc.. I can tell that I had taken something yesterday though.

4. Collapse Details

hmmm does it work the same way as opiates or what? Opiates make me sick and dysphoric as hell, But I can pick up 20:1 kratom extract on my next order. Im wondering if it will make me ill like opiates do.

5. Collapse Details

It does bind to the same receptor sites as Opiates do, but it also has some other qualities as well. If Opiates make you feel sick, there is a good chance that this will as well. It even makes you itch like Opiates.

6. Collapse Details

Interesting, have you tried combining it with some Cannabis for a nice shmoke?

7. Collapse Details

I don't think Kratom would work well with the smoking method. However, smoking Cannabis after drinking Kratom tea would probably be orgasmic.

8. Collapse Details

^Indeed. I would love to read a report about that combination. The herbal combinations have always been interesting to me.

9. Collapse Details

Try mixing Kratom resin or powder with Blue Lotus 10x resin.. Then smoke some Cannabis. That would be powerfully euphoric.

10. Collapse Details

my brother and I have been doing kratom for the past 3 weeks. i haven't had any adverse reactions to it, but my brother is suffering from jaundice, which might be liver disease. his color is a pale yellow all the time, he is weak, nauseous, and pees dark brown liquid. he says that the kratom has done this to him. he's very concerned that he has done damage to his liver, as he has been a heavy drinker in the past, so his liver has already been put through a workout.

so a word of warning... i'm not sure about the kratom/liver disease connection, but my brother is definitely ill, and he was ok before he started doing kratom. i'm very worried about him, he has been ill for about a week, but he seems to be slowly improving. just know that there is a very possible danger that liver damage could result from extended heavy kratom use.

11. Collapse Details

Bluelight Crew Morninggloryseed's Avatar
    Originally posted by Piper methysticum
    I don't think Kratom would work well with the smoking method. However, smoking Cannabis after drinking Kratom tea would probably be orgasmic.
    It doesn't. At least with the resin extracts offered; I was never able to get past that uncomfortable stimulating plateau that occurs in sub-narcotic dosages. Obviously, smoking the leaf would produce even less. I guess, a purified alkaloidal extract might work. Hmmm, perhaps I shall try that myself.

12. Collapse Details

Originally posted by Chummp
    ^Indeed. I would love to read a report about that combination. The herbal combinations have always been interesting to me.
    I've tried that about 4 or 5 times so far. Since there aren't any reports on that combination, I'll write up a report next time. It's REALLY nice.

13. Collapse Details

i mixed kratom tea with 15X blue lotus extract (very oily stuff). made me feel ill. i was really hoping for an ultra euphoria

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by malfunkshun
    my brother and I have been doing kratom for the past 3 weeks. i haven't had any adverse reactions to it, but my brother is suffering from jaundice, which might be liver disease. his color is a pale yellow all the time, he is weak, nauseous, and pees dark brown liquid. he says that the kratom has done this to him. he's very concerned that he has done damage to his liver, as he has been a heavy drinker in the past, so his liver has already been put through a workout.

so a word of warning... i'm not sure about the kratom/liver disease connection, but my brother is definitely ill, and he was ok before he started doing kratom. i'm very worried about him, he has been ill for about a week, but he seems to be slowly improving. just know that there is a very possible danger that liver damage could result from extended heavy kratom use.

bringing up a post from the past,

but i was very intrested in the liver issues you raise with this post,
    what was the outcome for your brother ? was there any diagnosis made ?
    any follow up on this would be appreciated.