Bluelight

Thread: I'm Prescribed Adderall; Have Questions..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I'm Prescribed Adderall; Have Questions.. 
    Bluelighter
    I'm now prescribed 120mg of Adderall a day (IR, 30mg). My psychiatrist (sp?) says that I'm taking a normal dose, but my family doc says anything over 20mg a day is dangerous. I personally don't think my family doc is right b/c thats not his main profession.

My question is...Is this dose an irregular dose? as in, too high of a dose? I've begun to worry that this doc is giving me too much of the AD. anyone have input? thanks

2. Collapse Details

Thats a normal dose for people who need that dose.
    generally you start at 20mg or whatever....see how it works.. adjust from there.

No harm in that amount, but no harm in seing if you can function fine with less.

3. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    thanks. mainly curious b/c the largest mg of adderall is 30, that i've seen. any other input will be greatly appreciated

4. Collapse Details

Hmmm, ok. i just re-read your post.

I'm heavily medicated with dextroamphetamine as we speak ;p
    .....was coming down from it earlier and obviously misread lol. my bad.

Your prescribed 120mg per day, thats 4, 30mg tablets a day.

Yes, that is above normal doseage. So you have obviously been on adderall for a long time, and this is what doses have been increaced to? or what.

60mg a day, is the highest recognized amount of adderall per day.. that a doctor would prescribe.

Assuming you actually take the full 120mg per day, you would be pretty tweaked out and messed up.....after a few months.

I have been on 50-100mg of dextroamphetamine for quick awhile now....
    its not normal doses... its a harsh amount.

I first read this as 30mg per day, which is a normal typical amount prescribed heh.

How long have you been on 120mg a day?

5. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    i've been on 120mg a day for two months now...to me, it seems very high, and everytime i go back to the doc's office, he insists on upping the dose. that was my concern; either its safe and the doc knows what hes doing, or hes getting kickbacks from the pharmaceutical company...who knows???

but like i said:
    family doc: insists 20mg/day
    other doc: insists 120mg/day or more

6. Collapse Details

yeah 120mg a day is nonsense, but the doctor would at least give you reason for upping the dose.
    I don't know about a doctor doing that to profit, due to the fact that prescription would be considered a "Rare case" or for special reasons.
    Doc basically has there job on the line giving you a questionable dose per day.

(i know, my dr. is always getting paranoid asking me if the pharmacy ever asks questions about my questionably large doseage).

So it doesn't make much sense.

Your family doctor, all resources you find online, and the companies that make adderall itself.... all have a standard guideline for doses.

ADHD 5mg-40mg a day....higher doses in rare instances.
    narcolepsy 10mg-60mg a day , higher doses in rare instances.

Maybe your doc wants you to be spliting them in half ;p

7. Collapse Details

yah, 120mg a day is a very high dose. I'm on 25mg XR a day and it works pretty well, and I'm a football player and weigh much more than the average person anyway.

The good news is that tolerance being what it is, you will adjust to that dose in about a week, and it won't be as "intense" as it probably currently is.

8. Collapse Details

how do you eat? how do you sleep?!?

9. Collapse Details

Shit, 120mg a day!

If I took that much, day after day, I'd be painfully thin and most probably be well on the way to a gastric ulcer.

The amphetamine I get isn't prescribed (it's illict manufactured stuff, which I recrystallize to get pure product), but I would only get up to 120mg/day if I had a weekend amphetamine binge, and that would only be for a couple of days.

Also, if you're on that dose, you must be continually sweating during the summer

10. Collapse Details

Somewhere between Eden and North Utopia. Somewhere beneath the astral plain
    120mg of dextroamphetamine/amphetamine (Adderall) is an awful high dose. I didn't know that doctor would prescribe such a dose. From the PDR, it states that the daily dose should not exceed 60mg. Obviouslly some doctors ignore this and will prescribe a dose a little higher if they believe that it is really needed. Either way, the dose that you are on is high but if your doctor feels the need to have you on such a dose than that is up to you and him.

11. Collapse Details

perkedout, I'd get a second(or even third) opinion on this. Start looking around for another doctor, just to get a second opinion, it can't hurt.

And just out of curiosity, do you feel too tweaked to even function during the day? because at that dose I sure would...

12. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    the person that asked how I eat....very rarely. Most cats would love for a doc to give them that much, but I'm not looking for that, especially it being an amphetimine.

i've built a tolerance for them; therefore i take 45-60mg in the morning, and another dose just like that in the evening.

Note: This may be a special case, but b/c I have a UNREAL social anxiety disorder, i'm also prescribed 6mg of xanax a day. personally, i think the aderall is making the anxiety disorder worse.

Basically, I'm at a standstill. Do i keep ingesting pill after pill; or do i try to slowly lower my dose?

i can't believe i've gotten such a good response from you guys....thanks

13. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Originally posted by K'dOUTinAZ
    120mg of dextroamphetamine/amphetamine (Adderall) is an awful high dose. I didn't know that doctor would prescribe such a dose. From the PDR, it states that the daily dose should not exceed 60mg. Obviouslly some doctors ignore this and will prescribe a dose a little higher if they believe that it is really needed. Either way, the dose that you are on is high but if your doctor feels the need to have you on such a dose than that is up to you and him.

in my area, i've heard of people being prescribed up to 270mg of AD per day...thats not just rumors, thats from doctors who wrote the scripts

14. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Originally posted by perkedout
    the person that asked how I eat....very rarely.

Note: This may be a special case, but b/c I have a UNREAL social anxiety disorder, i'm also prescribed 6mg of xanax a day. personally, i think the aderall is making the anxiety disorder worse.

Basically, I'm at a standstill.

Quack,quack,quack

Listen to Dr. McBudstoke...

I also have anxiety disorder, and take xanax. I tried Adderall at umm 10mg XR, and noticed right away the appetite loss, jitteryness, bad comedown..and I could not sleep even 16 hrs after taking it..

I switched to Dexedrine ( 5mg tabs, 3-4 times /day) after a week and immediately noticed differences. Appetite was back, smooth comedown and best of all, SLEEP. Obviously the xanax helps in that respect..

Try to get switched to Dexedrine (brandname)....tell the doc you can't eat/sleep/ feel jittery, and that you read up on Dex on ADD forums..

Not sure of the equivalent dose (50-75% )? Someone correct me on this..

15. Collapse Details

Originally posted by perkedout
    the person that asked how I eat....very rarely. Most cats would love for a doc to give them that much, but I'm not looking for that, especially it being an amphetimine.

i've built a tolerance for them; therefore i take 45-60mg in the morning, and another dose just like that in the evening.

Basically, I'm at a standstill. Do i keep ingesting pill after pill; or do i try to slowly lower my dose?

i can't believe i've gotten such a good response from you guys....thanks

Well, i'm in the same situation almost basically....
    it just depends on what exactly your trying to achieve.

Amphetamines increace social anxiety like crazy.
    I have always had social anxiety as it is, but after 2 years of taking 50-100mg of dextroamphetamine daily.......i'm basically a mute.

The amphetamines at these dosage is the key to anxiety and being massively anti-social.

On days that i go out, i only take a couple dexedrine....very low dose...
    mixed with xanax + alcohol. it completely whips out the social anxiety.

If i wasn't prescribed 360 of these evil mofos a month, i wouldn't even think about taking adderall or dexedrine. doses over 100mg a day just destroys ya

Just cut your dose in half, 25mg then 25mg. you probably enjoy it and become social.

16. Collapse Details

That dosage isn't just "high", it's both unreal and ILLEGAL. Combine that with 6mg of Xanax/day and you have a very good case for a multi-million dollar lawsuit on your hands. That is the most ridiculous dosage I have ever heard of...period. You will get psychosis in a few months at that dosage I'm sure and see what I'm talking about. Adderall isn't made to be given at those doses, especially in tablet form, which is why they prescribe Desoxyn and Dexedrine. I've seen kids who get 60mg/day of XR and are literally crazy. The Xanax is the only reason you're not. I bet you feel awesome everyday (I sure as hell would on that combo...for two or three days), but your doctor is really fucking you over in the near future and the long run. Qutting these two drugs at those extreme doses (6mg of Xanax is extreme alone, 120mg of Adderall is INSANE...combined I can't describe the idiocy) will become impossible, probably already is.

Don't say anything to your doctor, call a good lawyer, and sue the living shit out of him and fuck his stupid ass over for the rest of his life. Assuming, of course, you're not scamming him. Having a medical degree and title doesn't make people smarter or better than you, it just creates a dumbass with "MD" after their name and puts a prescription pad in their hand.

17. Collapse Details

120mg a day is a very heavy ammount even for hobby recreational use.

A few weeks with 120mg a day can be pretty bad for your health an might lead to dependency.
    I would suggest that you take only the ammount u need to get a nice high and save the exess of pills in a dry cold place.

After a few months thanks to your prescription ull have a bunch of leftover pills from all the boxes u bought.
    Go easy on amphetamine man...even if u have a tollerance....120mg sounds bad for a daily use.
    120mg 1-2 days a week is perfectly safe.

I suggest you to save the exess pills in a cold dry place and take only the sufficent ammount to make ur days brighter.
    In not too much time u'll have a sweet amount of aderalll that u can abuse on weekends or parties..... u can also trip with a friend or 2 during special occasions.
    other advantage is that even when ur prescription is over, u'll have still a big number of pills to have fun with.

have fun, be safe!

18. Collapse Details

When you have that many pills and you're used to taking them, it's not possible to just "put them away in a cold dry place"and save them for later. I know from experience, and that was *just* 55mg a day of Dexedrine, still an extreme amount itself. Also, you can't "trip" off of Adderall. 120mg a day will definately lead to dependency, there's is no question about it. Especially combined with the Xanax. Think about it, you're getting 3600mg or 3.6 GRAMS of amphetamine/d-amphetamine a month. That's like your doctor just giving you an 8-ball of meth every month...completely ABSURD. It's also completely illegal and, although I hate malpractice lawsuits, a legitimate reason to file a lawsuit and reap a few hundred thousand dollars at the minimum...seriously. Either get a free jackpot or a terrible addiction that will become hell on earth. There are no ifs, ands, or maybes about it. It is hard to even put into words how stupid your doctor must be.

Give John Edwards a call, he's not very busy right now and will get you a nice settlement. Heh.

19. Collapse Details

Oke.....putting in them apart doesnt work.
    Hmmm....

Well....u can always send the pills to me!

Don't worry ill keep em away from yo sight and take really good care of them
    Trust me it's gonna be like they never existed...hehe..

20. Collapse Details

y not just take less? y do u need a doctor to tell u that

21. Collapse Details

That requires self-control, which is nonexistent when you have a huge amphetamine tolerance and a huge supply of really really low-priced, high quality amphetamine pills at all times. Combine that with Xanax and it's like being a kid in a candy store.

22. Collapse Details

Somewhere between Eden and North Utopia. Somewhere beneath the astral plain
    I want to correct an earlier statement that I said. The PDR states that 80mg of Adderall is usually the highest prescribed dose. Sorry.

23. Collapse Details

120mg. 120mg a day...HOLY SHIT. I just can't believe this, that is the most extreme dose I've read of ever being prescribed in the last 40 years. Hell, people in the 1960's still had to go to 3 or 4 doctors to get that many pills a month, and one guy gives you those and downers. Ask him for some Seconal while you're at it, the two potentiate eachother. Threaten the motherfucker with a lawsuit and tell him he'd better give you whatever the hell you want or else...He has broken the law, literally, and you can make him do whatever. That, and change your prescription to like 60mg/day of Dexedrine tablets and Spansules. Less side-effects means you'll get strung out less. Your biggest concern should be the Xanax, because that is a lot to take each day.

I'd take a break from the amphetamines by taking Xanax to quit. It makes quitting Adderall very easy. After that slowly titrate off your dose of Xanax down to about 1mg/day without starting Adderall back up. Cutting back the Xanax on Adderall will be impossible. Once you get to about 1mg/day (or have stopped taking Adderall for awhile, only taking Xanax) your tolerance should be pretty low, and you will also require less Xanax because of less anxiety from the Adderall.

24. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    thanks to all that have given input

i'm not a person that enjoys speed period. and trust me, if i wanted to get a higher dose, i could EASILY do it. like i had said earlier, everytime i go see him, he insists that i up my dose of adderall per day.

basically, when i have exta pills left over, i just set them aside, and out of view. i don't like taking adderall everyday, but now it seems i have to, to be able to get started each day. i personally am going to TRY to get off the shite...whether it takes me a month, or two years, i will definitely try to get off of it.

switching meds could be an option; i'll ask him next time I go.

please, if anyone has more input, this helps me out alot!

25. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Thumbs up
    excellent input jtmartin; thanks man

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast