Bluelight

Thread: where to pick up clean needles?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

getpinz.com is mad quick.. theneedlebeast.com you can pay with wu..

turnaround time on both is like max of 3 days..

if you go to needlebeast tell em i sent you he's a cool guy..

2. Collapse Details

find a needle exchange, its the only good option for a daily i.v. user

3. Collapse Details

this site has detailed info on syringe laws state-by-state. http://www.temple.edu/lawschool/phrhcs/otc.htm
    Most that they have listed say you can buy a 10-pack without a prescription
    According to this site:

Clearly legal (22) AK, CA, CT*, HI*, IL*, IN*, LA*, ME*, MN*, MT*, NH*, NM*,NY*, OH*, OR, PR, RI*, SC*, TN*, WV*, WA*, WI

Reasonable claim to legality (22) AL*, AR, AZ, CO, FL, ID, IA, KY, MD*, MI, MO, MS, NE, NV*, NC, ND, OK, SD, TX, UT, VA*, WY

Clearly illegal (9) DE, DC, GA, KS, MA, NJ, PA, VT, VI

* denotes sale clearly legal or has a reasonable claim to legality in pharmacy only

i live in CO ("reasonable to claim legality") so i'm guessing OTC sales aren't technically allowed. but there's pharmacies around here that sell a whole box (100 ct) to ANYONE and i mean anyone, i've been to a walgreens 24-hr pharmacy at 3 in the morning with eyes like saucers strung out as hell and bought a box with no questions asked. most states have laws that they HAVE to sell you needles as a harm reduction measure, and if you find the law and print it out they will sell you needles unless the pharmacist has a moral issue with it or something, it's like that law about the "morning after pill" maybe. go in looking nice and clean i doubt you will have any problems.

4. Collapse Details

I live in NM so where can I go to buy a syringe, what store has them in stock? walgreens?

5. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    In NY/CT/CA I could always get them at the pharmacy. In AZ they wouldn't sell them at any of the pharms, so I had to turn to the needle exchange. Here in FL I haven't fucked with anything requiring a needle (yet) .

6. Collapse Details

anything in VA i havent heard of any Needle exchanges. i usually have to have one of my friends with clean arms to go in cvs there strict here in VA

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bigphade

hey when they send you the needles what kinda package does it come in lik does the box say needlebeast on it ?

8. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I always write on paper what I need and tell the pharmacist that my grandma is here from out of town and she stayed longer than expected and ran out of syringes and hand them the paper like I have no clue about needles. I have used that story in OH, IN, and SC and I have never been turned down.

9. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    three words... "Clean Needle Act" ... look it up you'll find you o have rights.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by *whitegirl*
    I always write on paper what I need and tell the pharmacist that my grandma is here from out of town and she stayed longer than expected and ran out of syringes and hand them the paper like I have no clue about needles. I have used that story in OH, IN, and SC and I have never been turned down.
    hey what exactly do you write on the paper? just the syringe type?

11. Collapse Details

I am aware of pharmacies that will ask you to furnish an ID ( referred to as a Diabetic Card), but in the post about a syring being a 'right to life item', I do not see how a store can legally implement this as a policy. Almost every veternarians exam room (In his particular state) I've taken a pet to has had a drawer of unlocked, sterile syringes though. Most major cities will also offer needle exchange NQA as long as you can bring in a capped syringe. I realize that this provides you no useful info, if you are unable to find a dirty capped syringe, but I'm sure anyone who really tries can probably find a dirty syringe. Obviously try not to poke yourself with it before you exchange.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by absent minded
    lol, behind the counter at pharmacy. ask for 1/2 inch, 1cc 30 guage needles. for your insulin.

yeah some pharmacies will tell me "only by perscription"
    so jut go next door to the next pharmacy and find which one will sell them to u and which wont
    This is exactly correct. Go for independent pharmacies, not chains, and ask for 'em like you buy 'em all the time.

Here's what I say: "I'd like 10 B&D Ultra-Fine 28's, please"

If they ask for a prescription I say they're for my dad who's visiting, and I'll just send him up later, then move on. But once you find a place you should be fine.

13. Collapse Details

Needles and syringes for prescription? What the fuck?!

The US is surely the leading country in harm reduction.

At least Poland doesn't suck when it comes to this. You can take away a bag of syringes and needles from the pharmacy and they're dirt-cheap.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rebo
    I am aware of pharmacies that will ask you to furnish an ID ( referred to as a Diabetic Card), but in the post about a syring being a 'right to life item', I do not see how a store can legally implement this as a policy. Almost every veternarians exam room (In his particular state) I've taken a pet to has had a drawer of unlocked, sterile syringes though. Most major cities will also offer needle exchange NQA as long as you can bring in a capped syringe. I realize that this provides you no useful info, if you are unable to find a dirty capped syringe, but I'm sure anyone who really tries can probably find a dirty syringe. Obviously try not to poke yourself with it before you exchange.

insulin and the tools to administer it can not be denied to a person who needs them you just tell them that you need it now and you will go to the doc to get a new script they have to give it to you a diabetic can die without there meds

basicly all you need to do is lie tell them that you are from out of town and lost your luggage with your meds and your syringes they will most likely give you a ten pack and some insulin you need to know what kind of insulin and what size needles if you want 100 unit syringes you should tell them that you take more than 50 units per dose

some places will still not want to give you what you want but if that happens just move on you will find a pharmacy that will

i work for a needle exchange and we give them out no questions asked

15. Collapse Details

-JB420: Do you provide the sterispoons, swabs & citric acid (the last one is for base diamorphine, or number 3 smoking heroin as it's known in the UK)?

-Stargazer: could you find a link for the clean needle act? If I end up in the US (possible) and working at an exchange (likely) then I need to learn all this stuff. Thanks for the help!

16. Collapse Details

Yeahh scoring needles for me seems to be more dependent on what pharmacy you go to, here in tx that means either CVS or Walgreens generally.

Cvs sometimes sells to me (but never to my friends, because I don't look like a heroin junkie)
    Walgreens ALMOST alwayys sells to me, except after 10pm, they have a policy not to sell needles after 10pm apparently without a prescription.. total bs.. but whatever..

and lastly and prolly more important than anything else is the actual pharmacist... If the pharmacist doesn't like the way you look, you're not getting any needles. Kindly step aside and drive down the street till you hit the next pharmacy and try again. The pharmacist has absolute authority regarding sale of needles, at least in Tx.

17. Collapse Details

Weed
    Quote Originally Posted by wardf246
    hey when they send you the needles what kinda package does it come in lik does the box say needlebeast on it ?

theedlebeest is good,but getpinz is much better.credit or debid 2 days to the house.and they alk kind of goodies ther the enen take mo's for payment and 2days later ya get em ,check out the site start shoping,and llmk what you think.

18. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzywuzzy123
    hey what exactly do you write on the paper? just the syringe type?
    yep!

19. Collapse Details
    you can buy them from online canadian pharmacies

20. Collapse Details

besides (NJ, NJ, PA and MD (i think the last is MD)) the four states that don't have needle exchange, you can get clean needs at needle exchanges as other people said.

another option is online. one site you can get nice 29 guage 100u insulin syringes 25 of them for like $8 + shipping/handling, comes out to maybe $12-13? so fifty cents a pop, not too bad.

another option is your local chain pharmacy. people are allowed to purchase packs of ten i believe. cvs, walgreens, duane reade, wal-mart (if you actually shop at that place or worse get your meds from them)

NJ is the only state (i think) that doesn't allow needle exchange (or are in the process of doing it) and doesn't allow people without an Rx to buy needles. By far the worst state to live in if you want easy, safe, reliable access to safe gear. Every other state out of the four allow non-prescription purchases of syringes (i believe). the other 46 sensible, progressive, intelligent (can look and comprehend statistics) states have needle exchanges and you can get OTC syringes (i think the 46 states have both exchange and non-Rx syringe access). strange New York is one of the states without needle exchange (yet..i think they're working on that too). NY is pretty liberal when it comes to drugs (decrim. cannabis, etc. besides the coke/crack laws rockerfeller BS laws)

21. Collapse Details

ok so i now live in wyoming. i didnt see wyoming on the list as for sure legal. has anyone here purchased syringes here? ill llok good and clean and ill know the needle size and illl just ask for ten, but are tehy going to ask me what i use them for? and im just curious, is it legal to by them otc in wyoming? i jsut hate getting fucked with.

22. Collapse Details

klowns dont shoot anymore!!!! you're on suboxone, and shooting that is pointless, shooting most benzos is a horrible idea, shooting pills is a bad idea to begin with, shooting coke is horrible and you end up poking 15 holes in your arm/veins within an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by bigphade

you should edit the post and say for people who live in states where its legal... just me 2 cents, not that it matters that much, but it is sourcing and in some places it is illegal to buy needles online and have them shipped to a state without needle exchange places or non-prescription syringe access.

23. Collapse Details

well i wasnt planning on shooting subetex OR pills. i was plannign on shootin Rivotril and midazolam ampules...

24. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by klowns
    well i wasnt planning on shooting subetex OR pills. i was plannign on shootin Rivotril and midazolam ampules...

safer, much safer.... but still posses some dangers, fucking up veins, hitting nerves/arteries...be safe!

rivotril = klonopin? didnt know they made amps of that

25. Collapse Details

i didnt either!!!! until the other day. oh god i even saw the pics of them. they are roche brand. holy fuck. supposedly the feel amazing, infact this one person told me rivotril ampules are as good as iv heroin. i dont doubt it,.......
    but yeah i really should be careful about shoooting anything. i am to much of an addict, i have to be careful. thanks for caring man!
    peace

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast