Bluelight

Thread: generic vs brand name vicodin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    generic vs brand name vicodin 
    I just got a script for vics and seeing as there is such a difference in price when it comes to generic vs name brand I need to know if the name brand price difference is really justified in terms of strength and effectiveness?I guess what i'm asking is will i be disappointed if i go with generic or are the basically very comparable.thanks

2. Collapse Details

You're just paying for the name. The generics are just as strong.

3. Collapse Details

^They are not original manufuter pills but contain same dosage are as same strong like GenericMind said. Generics are much cheeper so I should be happy about getting pay'ed less than brand.

4. Collapse Details

IME brand name isn't worth it when it comes to hydro/apap and oxy/apap.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phrozen
    IME brand name isn't worth it when it comes to hydro/apap and oxy/apap.
    Agreed. My personal favorites or the WAtson Pharmaceuticals 10mgs/325....The big yellow ones

6. Collapse Details

All I know is watson is as good as generic brand. Mallinckrodt is another really common generic maker, and I swear no matter how many I take of that brand I feel nothing. Sooo I dunno. IMO there can be a difference.

7. Collapse Details

i once had zoloft andd generic sertraline and the only difference was that one had a smooth finished coating on the pill and the generic didnt, it melted in your mouth and was chalky.

8. Collapse Details

I don't notice a difference between generics and name brands. Especially for hydrocodone, the only advantage of specific brands is that there are certain ones that contain less acetaminophen than the others do.
    I'd just go for the generics, save some money and get the same amount of stuff.
    However I have friends that swear that the name brand ones work better, they say they break down easier because of the shape and binders/fillers. But I think thats mostly personal opinion, based on experience not fact.

9. Collapse Details

I like the watson's and mallinkrodt's (SP?) better then the name brand. How much are the name brand ones without insurance?

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Zubi420
    i once had zoloft andd generic sertraline and the only difference was that one had a smooth finished coating on the pill and the generic didnt, it melted in your mouth and was chalky.
    Whether its generic or not does matter with certain things; Oxycontin, Duragesic, and Dilaudid comes to mind right now.

But, for the apap formulations and for benzodiazepines, I've never noticed a difference.

11. Collapse Details

the only difference is: do you wanna pay $5 or $30 for copay? (get generics)

^^ Phrozen, i agree with that: with some meds generic vs brand name makes a difference. For example (i dont do anymore for years now, i have had some profound experiences with dissociatives but i stick to acid, mda and 2c-x and certain psilocin analogs for psychedelic experiences) my friend really likes dxm even with access to X and L (some people just LOVE dxm) and usually drinks robo brand name... but one time he tried the pathmark generic brand, of course at tripping doses, and was FRIED FOR A WEEK, he now cant look at a bottle of Pathatussin lol. However for OC's i notice no difference between the purdue Oxycontin 80s and the watson ABG 80s... ive compared the two many times becuz for some reason when i buy oc's from my connect i get a mix of brand name and abg's. However the teva's gel up and must be crushed up COMPLETELY into a fine powder (still, when its completely crushed it seems the same).

Theres also definitely a difference with *some* benzos... with alprazolam it doesnt seem to matter, but with clonazepam klonopin and rovitril (rovitril being better than klonopin imo) feel more efficient than the teva brand names, and qualitest seems to be the same as teva but with vicodin there never seems to be any difference.

Also, isnt the doc supposed to decide? ("write "daw" in the box <dispense as written is my guess on that acronym)
    Last edited by FractalStructure; 08-08-2007 at 20:13.

12. Collapse Details

thanks guys,i'm gonna go ahead and save me some money...now i can buy some beer

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by PARooolller
    Agreed. My personal favorites or the WAtson Pharmaceuticals 10mgs/325....The big yellow ones
    I thought the 10 mg Watson pills were purple/blue. At least, they were about 5 years ago. I thought the yellow ones were 7.5 mg Norcos.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by malfunkshun
    I thought the 10 mg Watson pills were purple/blue. At least, they were about 5 years ago. I thought the yellow ones were 7.5 mg Norcos.

Do a search on pill ID

15. Collapse Details

Yellow watsons are the best hydros ive seen. 10/325. Norcos.

16. Collapse Details

I have had both the generics and brand name many times and I dont notice a difference in them at all.

17. Collapse Details

my doctor actually scripted me darvocet, but he was like i gave you generic vicodin. i was just like umm ok. its not really though right? you wouldnt consider darvocets to be generic vicodin. like am i crazy?!

18. Collapse Details

No darvocets aren't generic vicodin. maybe i should be doing your Dr.'s job for him instead.

19. Collapse Details

Planetary body completing its rotation every 831,364.09053 seconds
    the only difference seems to be how much apap they put in their pills

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by malfunkshun

The 10/325 percs from watson are yellow.

EDIT: Actually I'm wrong. I can't think of what brand they are.

21. Collapse Details

not exactly a vicodin generic, but a few weeks ago i ran across a few new generic type of percocet, called Magnacet. It contains 10mg oxycodone and 400mg acetaminophen. They are relatively small and almost round, not long and bulky like most.
    I only had 3 of them, so I took them all at once. Didn't really feel anything, so I took more of some other stuff I had. But my tolerance is a bit higher than 30mg so thats not really a fair description of that generic. I'm sure I would have enjoyed them much more if I had 5 of them.

22. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuoso
    The 10/325 percs from watson are yellow.

EDIT: Actually I'm wrong. I can't think of what brand they are.
    Norco

23. Collapse Details

vicodin, norco, or lorcet i doesnt matter theyre all hydro formulations... what matters is opioid/apap content

24. Collapse Details

I like MAGNACET

25. Collapse Details

I really like generic vicodin better, besides the cost, it also made me alot less sleepy than regular vicodin, so I could actually enjoy it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast