Bluelight

Thread: Post a piece of art that you are feelin/enjoyin today, and why?

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2232383940414243 LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1056
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterie View Post

idk if it would be a mindfuck or kinda cool to have a bedroom to look like this irl
    i'm not a huge fan of this kin of (conceptualish if not Conceptualist) stuff but this is actually pretty cool
    the polar opposite of ceci n'est un pipe! (just like this image, quantum-like, simultaneously true and false, but in opposite ways)

also reminiscent of the "beer" beer in Repo Man

Quote Originally Posted by absent minded View Post

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caravaggio

My favorite renaissance style artist. Caravaggio was a really interesting guy as well. Alot of controversy, alot of duels, killing, prostitutes, etc. even though he was an extremely popular artist regularly employed by churches. The podcast "History On Fire" did a 3 episode thing on his life and it was suuuper interesting.
    this (and Caravaggio) are favorites of mine too, though often on the dark side in subject-matter, but as an artist in general what he does with light and darkness (both literally and metaphorically) are amazing … Judith is not looking like a passive, innocent, virginal type, which she wasn't (she was widowed in war, then seduced and plyed with drink the commander of the forces that killed her husband) … the light and presentation of her face suggest some purity in her but she is so hardened to the task at hand, revenge ... the maid next to her just looks on … both of these women have been traumatized by war, in a climate of political instability (much like that part of the world today) … despite Judith's clothes, hair, attractive features, and ample bosom, there's not much of the feminine here at all … and Holofernes in agony contrasts with the two fairly expressionless women, inured perhaps to the violence in there world; gender-roles upturned by trauma and the brutality of internecine warfare … one thinks of today's Peshmerga Woman's Brigade, or the resistance of the Yazidi down to man, woman, and child; or even female suicide-bombers, women soldiers in the Zionist army, Jeanne d'Arc, all sorts of situations like ths

I don't know too much about the man (Caravaggio) though but do know he did have somewhat of a scandalous reputation. makes me want to look stuff up on him now. probably will turn into another 2 hour wiki wandering session lol

2. Collapse Details

I feel Chiara on a lot of days, but tonight I needed a good cry to vent some frustration. Her panels usually do it for me. But I particularly like this sketch right now because it's a question that's been heavy on my mind lately...

3. Collapse Details

im so fancy you already know from L.A. to tokyo
    sometimes i search for my fav book, cause that's wtf you do right ? also i love how what i envisioned this scene to look like was completely different.

http://tacticalneuralimplant.tumblr....thing-is-nasty

4. Collapse Details

Pieter Bruegel the Elder, Hunters in the Snow (1565), Oil on Panel 46.06 x 63.78cm, Kunsthistorisches Museum, Vienna

5. Collapse Details

^ i spent thousands of hours playing guild wars 2. ^ that instantly reminded me of one of the snowy maps. like the more i look at it, the more it looks like an mmo. tbh blazed af rn. i dig it.

this speaks to me.

http://www.cristinaburns.com/

6. Collapse Details

Pretty much all of the Rosetti (and pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood in general) paintings of women.

Dante Gabriel Rossetti (1866-68, 1872-73), Lady Lilith oil on canvas, 38.0 x 33.5 in

7. Collapse Details

beautiful, colours are so vibrant.

i found a new artist today, edmund dulac

strongly feeling his style, he does great illustration art for fairytales
    Last edited by Mysterie; 01-03-2017 at 19:25.

8. Collapse Details

^ Reminds me of Mucha.

SKL, we can agree on art if not much else. Love that Bruegel piece.

9. Collapse Details

awesome, mysterie.

love this pixel art http://vertibirdo.tumblr.com/

10. Collapse Details

nice find, i especially like the owl and the fox ones

11. Collapse Details

Star
    I fell in love with Andy Kehoe's work after seeing some of his resin paintings in an exhibition. Ended up buying a print, which 6 months on is still making me happy every day that I look at it

Cathedral of the Forest Deep:

12. Collapse Details

^^ I really like his stuff, too. I bought a print for my godson last year. Was actually going to choose that one you have but ended up going with this one:

13. Collapse Details

European and African Drug Discussion
    Life Advice & Visual Arts
    Shambles says that he loves them both and they'd look amazing side by side. I prefer the blue print. It's serene and tranquil. The red print, although to most might suggest a more autumnal feel, I see it as fire, a sense of danger and foreboding. They are both beautiful in their own rights but I'd much prefer the blue print to gaze upon daily.

14. Collapse Details

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sadie View Post
    Shambles says that he loves them both and they'd look amazing side by side. I prefer the blue print. It's serene and tranquil. The red print, although to most might suggest a more autumnal feel, I see it as fire, a sense of danger and foreboding. They are both beautiful in their own rights but I'd much prefer the blue print to gaze upon daily.
    Shambles is right, they would work wonderfully well next to each other.

I actually went to the shop to buy the Blue one but got captivated by the red, and figured the kid would prefer it. Not sure which he would have preferred but he loves the red one so all good.

16. Collapse Details

I discovered a book of Aubrey Beardsley's work at my Dad's in my early teens and loved the illustrations. As well as his style of drawing, a lot of the subject matter appealed to my dark, gothy, weird self. I also loved that I could look at 'rude' pictures like this as a 12/13ish year old & it was ok, because it was art!

My Dad gave me the book which I still have & look at occasionally.
    The front woman in the first picture is me when I've got a scowl on & I'm telling someone off

17. Collapse Details

Fell in love with this image (by Luke Cheuh) when mrs roar brought it to my attention a year or so ago, then at the end of last year she saw it and bought it for me:

Not sure what is is about it that makes me love it, but I do.

18. Collapse Details

European and African Drug Discussion
    Quote Originally Posted by quiet roar View Post
    Fell in love with this image (by Luke Cheuh) when mrs roar brought it to my attention a year or so ago, then at the end of last year she saw it and bought it for me:

Not sure what is is about it that makes me love it, but I do.
    So much want. Can't even put my finger on it but I'd love that in my life.

19. Collapse Details

Dopefey

Last edited by toothpastedog; 15-03-2017 at 05:56. Reason: Rx'd bbcode

20. Collapse Details

Sober Living
    Buspersons Holiday, your story and your experience remind me of my own adolescence in a way. And in any case, that is a cool story. I'm going to have to practice telling people off like that
    Last edited by toothpastedog; 15-03-2017 at 05:59.

21. Collapse Details

22. Collapse Details

banksy, probably the most gifted artist of our time. oh, and his art isn't for sale...

23. Collapse Details

The Lounge
    I love Banksy. The creations he does are so simple yet so poignant. Any banksy. We are a better world with him in it.

24. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I love Banksy. The creations he does are so simple yet so poignant. Any banksy. We are a better world with him in it.
    have you seen 'exit through the gift shop'? no, it's not about banksy, though he does appear and even gets off a line that nearly had me pissing myself. it's about how capitalism destroys art, picture andy warhol on a coke binge crashing through the fourth wall.....

25. Collapse Details

The Lounge
    Yeah Ive got a copy and a couple of books of his art work. I love him.

I dunno. I chatted on aim with the banksy who modded Dark side many years ago. So I dunno if it was really him officially but was told by other staff at the time it was him and he showed me photos of himself and his house and dogs and atuff.

If I had the privilege of talking with him then that is special and amazing.

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2232383940414243 LastLast