Bluelight

Thread: Xanax Overdose with Liquor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Xanax Overdose with Liquor 
    Question
    Ok. I have read past posts on the difficulty of overdosing on JUST Xanax. But a friend of mine just recieved around 80, 1 mg tabs (800 mg's total) from a faithul internet supplier. He was wondering about simply mixing them up in a shake (vanilla) and drinking it quickly.
    Based on the posts that I could find, I told him that he'd simply sleep for awhile (perhaps days, even) and awaken a bit hungry, dazed, confused, and not remembering a damn thing. He has no job, lives alone, thus no one would really miss him for that long.
    So, he mentions that he may first drink a pint of Jack Daniels, then chase it with the shake. I know, a nasty, weird flavor concoction.
    My question is, if he does mix the two, is he guaranteed a pleasant, long nocturnal experience, an unpleasant, long nocturnal experience, or a coma, quickly progressing to death?
    I really need to counsel this guy.
    Please give any input you may have.

2. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Wink
    Are you planning to cash in on the life-insurance you bought on his name????

3. Collapse Details

Bluelight Crew
    So, how much Xanax is he going to take? Details... This sounds interestingly weird and scary...
    You might want to keep close tabs on this guy, since he doesn't know much. Why not just tell him not to do it at all.
    I'm sorry if I misread your post, but it reads as if he going to do a VERY dangerous amount of Xanax, along with alcohol...
    [ 25 July 2002: Message edited by: Dr_Rolls_MD[MA] ]

4. Collapse Details

Ok so you mean 80mg? What on earth would be the point of this. God, I've seen people nod into oblivion from 8mg. Is your friend just self destructive, crying for help, or a moron?
    Combined with alcohol, it is actully quite easy to die with benzos. The proof is in the fact that many have accidentally died with a FAR LESSER dose than 80mg xanax, combined with alcohol.
    Your friend would probably die, but if he was lucky enough to live, he'd probably be more than a little sleepy.

5. Collapse Details

I would try to seach for the LD50 for alprozolam and see if you could find it. I have no clue what it is, but Search google and look for as much info as you can so you can offer some solid reasons why 80 mgs of xanax is not a great idea.
    Damn...I'm dumbfounded as to why anyone would want to do that. Really, I'm blown away.
    But definately intervene, with help from people that know this kid. Best of luck.

6. Collapse Details

This is interesting. What's the point? That's my only question. Not sarcastically either, honestly wondering what the point is. Is there a goal for this or anything?

7. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Taken from www.rxlist.com regarding the LD50:
    The acute oral LD50 in rats is 331-2171 mg/kg. Other experiments in animals have indicated that cardiopulmonary collapse can occur following massive intravenous doses of alprazolam (over 195 mg/kg; 975 times the maximum recommended daily human dose of 10 mg/day). Animals could be resuscitated with positive mechanical ventilation and the intravenous infusion of norepinephrine bitartrate.
    So is this friend planning on taking them all? If this is the case, what is he trying to accomplish, seems kinda stupid because if he does manage to wake back up, he isn't going to remember anything from the time he was passed out. He will just find out that he wasted 80mg of xanax if he ever wakes up.

8. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Just sounds like a stupid fucking way to waste a night, drugs, alcohol and probably a life to me.
    Have you asked him what the hell the point is?

9. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Bump
    I suggest you increase your life insurance policy on him befor he gets on. This way your sure to cash in on his death. Afterall he will die if he takes what you posted...

10. Collapse Details

anyone who even comes up with that idea in the first place probably should go ahead and do it.

11. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    Wink
    I've taken a Xanax alcohol combo before and in my opinion its great. However make sure he only takes a around .25 mg to .5 mg of Xanax with the alcohol......any more than that might be extrememly dangerous.

12. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Angry
    If you love this guy, or even care about him REMOTELY, you should persuade him to not do what he's about to do. Either that or make sure he gives you the name of the Internet site he ordered from...BEFORE he engages in this concoction.
    [ 26 July 2002: Message edited by: End_User ]

13. Collapse Details

Bluelight Crew
    I think it's a bad idea for a high dosage of either.
    While benzo's do have a much higher threshold that must be consumed to throw somebody into a coma then a sedative/hypnotic does, mixing alcohol with a benzo will potentiate the sedative/hypnotic's ability to overdose the person at a lower threshold.
    First, I'd be worried about stopped breathing.
    Last edited by nasaltr0n; 30-06-2010 at 15:48.

14. Collapse Details

somewhere in the center of florida...hmm what city is in the center??
    Earth
    I've seen something like this first hand. Do not mix xanax with alcohol unless you can control the urge to drink more or take more pills... just my .02

15. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Angry
    this is just fukin stupid..... 80mg's of xanax plus X amount of alcohol will kill you. PERIOD.
    if he's lookin for a buzz just tell him to take like 10 mgs of the xanax.
    that's just insane. i take 3 mgs of xanax and i'm noddin out.
    BENZOS AND ALCOHOL IS ALSO N E V E R A G O O D I D E A ! ! ! !

16. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    It depends on his tolerance, but 80mg of Xanax is going to mess you up regardless. I have a decent tolerance to Xanax myself. I can take 7mg and drink a 12 pack of beer and be in "a nice place", but I've never gone over 8mg, and even that's quite a bit for most people. Does your friend have a tolerance built up to benzo's already? When I first started taking Xanax, I would take 2-3 mg and be pretty messed up. At this point 4mg is a good dose to relax me enough to fall asleep. He's gotta be suicidal if he plans on dosing 80mg plus a pint of Jack Daniels.

17. Collapse Details

Peace
    Thanks all. He's going to do it. I've called. He doesn't answer. I'm a fool. He's a fool...I hope he lives....

18. Collapse Details

link us to the article detailing his death when it happens, please.

19. Collapse Details

I imagine 80mg of xanax without alcohol would probably leave you in a coma or asleep for days...
    Wow... some people really dont think

20. Collapse Details

Peace
    This is just fucking stupid! What dies he hope to accomplish!? I mean honestly, stuff like this pisses me off cause' it's this type of irresponsible bullshit that could be avoided.
    I'm sorry but this pisses me off and I think your friend deserves to wake up in a hospital barely hanging onto his life support.

21. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    It sounds to me like the guy is trying to kill himself, and this seems like a fairly painless way to do it.

22. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    if he has a death wish, that might be the way to go.....other than that, i would recommend just eating 2mg and being done with it - also, 80x1mg pills equals 80mg
    [ 27 July 2002: Message edited by: pimpsta ]

23. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Capsule
    This person is a massive fucking idiot. We will probably see him in this year's edition of the Darwin Awards. I hate stupid motherfuckers like this. People like this give responsible drug users a bad name. Like the dumbshits that take 15 E pills and they turn out to be PMA so they die and then their mom gets on Opra crying and everyone says how bad E is and that it can kill you. No, its not the drugs fault. You should not eat 15 pills. Anyone that fucking stupid deserves to die.
    Unless he is trying to kill himself, or at best sleep for a couple days. If thats the case, he is right on.

24. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    this guy sounds like he want to comitt suicide(sp?) 80mg of xanax alone could kill him but it could just make him real sick...but the alcohol is gonna fuck him up to some extent...why dont he just kill himself with drugs the fast way he sould just go get him about 10 oxycontin 80mg crush them suck them up in a huge shot and b4 he puts it in drink a 5th of hard liquor and then pump the shit in his vain.

25. Collapse Details

Red face
    Well Januaryfriend.......What happened...?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast