Mr b's method works best for SWIM, simple and effective
The best answer would be to go and buy some coffee filters (they're hardly expensive), and make sure you dampen them before you filter so the water just drains though.
For comparison a teaspoon (measuring type not silverware) is 5ml. A shot-glass is roughly 50ml.
My advice as an amateur (happy to be corrected, and yes, I am not repeating the basics);
1. Be patient or you'll become one
2. Buy a thermometer
3. Look into lab grade filters
4. Personally, I don't crush tabs, I let them sit for a while and caps melt just fine
5. One small cube of ice to 100-150ml water for a standard 12 pack of 15's (I actually got a 24 pack of 15mgs OTC today, score!, didn't know they were available)
6. Cool in fridge, not freezer. Patience..............................
7. Check temp <5degs before pouring into glass with an appropriate filter
8. Place glass with filter back into fridge and wait. I believe extraction at room temp will change the chemistry and release the A-PAP back into the mix, just my observation (anyone?)
9. Yes this takes a while, but it will save your life long term.
Crankinit is correct, the shirt is absorbing the water (and hence the drugs!). If you're only doing 4 pills, you shouldn't need to do an extraction as long as you're not doing this every day or two. If you have a "work shirt" (aka dress shirt, what you wear to work or with a suit - most things with long sleeves) available, that is a million times better for filtering than a T-shirt. Basically anything with as thick a weave as possible - by this I mean the fibres are close together... if you pull a T-shirt hard and look closely, you can see gaps between the fabric clearly. If you do this on a work shirt, the gaps are hardly apparent. As people have said also, coffee filters are available from everywhere (coffee/tea aisle in supermarkets) for very cheap. Lab grade filters are a bit overkill, but certainly work the best in terms of apap reduction (but take much much longer to filter).
Whatever you use, WET IT! Before filtering that is. This stops it absorbing the water with the hydrocodone in. Soak it well then give it a fair squeeze so it's just "wet" and not dripping. Put your solution in and leave it to filter, then once it's stopped dripping (15 mins-ish?), do the following:
If you used a T-shirt: squeeze gently and slowly to get the remainder of the water out, being EXTREMELY careful not to let the sludge come through the large holes in the shirt. This is why T-shirts suck for filters, and I can't imagine you having an easy time doing this. However, if you're only using 4 pills you have nothing to worry about, and removing only a small amount of apap from the end product is fine. Once the main bulk of liquid is through, wipe off the gunk (apap) from the shirt and squeeze the shirt hard to get any water absorbed by the fabric out. Done.
If you used a work shirt: Squeeze hard to get the remainder of the water out, the tight fabric will hold the sludge back so no worries about it coming through the shirt. Done.
Your end product will still be quite milky using this method, and if you're doing a lot of pills you should squeeze the shirt into a coffee filter instead of straight into the end product. However, with 4-6 pills you don't need to worry about coffee filters.
I cut a piece of cloth out of a new pair of boxers and used that as a filter. (I compared it to one of my dress shirts and the weave and material was nearly exactly the same, I just dont want to use one of my 2 dress shirts haha.) I think it worked really well. I used 4 pills and the solution i was left with contained pretty much just as much water as I had in the beginning but i think almost all of the apap got filtered out. It had a foggy color and i didnt see any white crushed up apap. The only thing that didnt seem quite right (i may be wrong) was as i poured my solution through the filter (the water went through first before the undissolved apap sitting at the bottom of the container) it went straight through the piece of cloth without slowing down, which i guess is ok since it was just mostly water and dissolved hydrocodone, then once the crushed up apap hit the cloth the small amount of water that was left didnt pass through. (im guessing the apap clogged up the cloth.) Other than that i think it all worked out fine. Thanks for the help everyone. Any suggestions for improving my cwe?
I always used a paper towel is that not good? I don't have any filters right now and its night. When I filter the solution there is still a bunch of sludge in the cup left that wont get out is that normal?
the water should be pretty clear, thats all.
I've read that ibuprofen is practically insoluble in water, so does the temperature make any difference? I recently dissolved 24 Nurofen Plus (307.2mg codeine phosphate, 4800mg ibuprofen) in about half a pint of room temperate water; a lot of white sludge was left in the filter, and though the vast majority of the ibuprofen was clearly removed the liquid was still considerably white and the bitter taste of codeine was masked. Granted, the filter was two sheets of toilet roll on a kitchen sieve.
In relation, I would recommend crushing said tablets before placing in water. It took an hour of violent stirring to get the little bastards to dissolve.
Mate, I hate them Ibo's and reckon they're eventual death sentence.
Some bloke tried to filter them, but gave up cause there were better options.
I got some 12.8/500 Solpadeine Max (codeine)
I want to make enough for two cups for me and my friend. Going for about 130mg codeine each, how much water should I mix with the pills?
EDIT: I'm reading 5ml of water per tab, so 20 tabs = 100ml?
Last edited by jblz; 21-06-2010 at 20:09.
^ Sounds good, honestly you could probably go to 200ml though I have to use that much water due to my tolerance right now though I am detoxing from booze and codeine not fun.
Thanks guy, glad I could help out, no SWIMing though, Pool's Closed due to AIDS and thetans.Originally Posted by Don42
Ok, I realise that the topic of codeine cwe has clearly been discussed in great detail. So much so, that I doubt I can add anything new to the subject.
However, purely in the interests of bluelight forum participation, I thought I'd post my method...
I regularly use this method, it works, and I'm not dead. So I must be doing something right.
What you need..
Two dessert spoons.
Unbleached coffee filters.
Half a brain.
What you do..
1. Go to Sainsbury's. Go to the pharmacist and ask for a box of co-codamol. They cost 98p for 30 tablets. (8/500)
2. Work out how many pills you want to use.
For a noob, the starting dose can be anything in the 60 - 90mg mark.
example: if you crush up 8 pills, you'll end up with about 64mg codeine.
In my opinion though, its best to just use the whole lot. Then you can take a drink from your brew a little at a time and see how things go.
3. Put one of the pills on the spoon. Crush it to a powder by squeezing the other spoon down on top of it. - repeat this for how many pills you're using.
4. Put some cold water in one of the glasses. A general rule of thumb is to allow 50mls water per 10 tablets.
5. Put the crushed pills into the water. Stir the mixture. Keep stirring. Stir some more. Then stir again.
6. Cut a manageable section out from the tshirt. The shirt needs to be of a tight weave. (Hold it up to the light, if you can easily see through it, it's too thin.) Soak it with cold water, then squeeze the water out so it's left damp to the touch.
Pour the mixture through the shirt into the other glass. Hold it in place with your hand, rubber band, whatever.. Wait until the flow of liquid has slowed right down to a steady drip, then gather up the shirt and squeeze all the liquid out.
Open up the shirt. ...all that gunk in there is the paracetamol and other crap from the pill. All the stuff that your liver won't miss. Throw this out.
7. Take out two of the coffee filters, and put one inside the other. Sprinkle them with cold water so that they are damp, but not saturated. This is to stop the brew creeping up the filter when you pour it through.
8. Put the filters inside the glass that is now empty (after having rinsed it clean), and Slowly, pour in the brew. Be careful at this point, it's very easy to tear the filters when they are wet.
9. Sit back and wait. It shouldn't take long, and the liquid that collects in the glass will be almost pure codeine. It may appear everso slightly milky, but this is nothing to worry about. Hold it up to the light. - if you can see through it, - its fine. If it's still very cloudy, then filter it again.
10. Drink and nod. - it'll taste really bitter, so have something to hand to chase it down with. You get used to the taste after a while though.
Anyways, that's my two penneth worth. Take it or leave it. Lol.
Last edited by jamez; 24-06-2010 at 03:09. Reason: sp
When pouring it all into my filter there was alot of very thick sludge at the bottom, I left the majority of that in the jug there assuming its pretty much just APAP and took the liquid - am I supposed to put ALL that thick shit in with it aswell?
If you've done the crush/dissolve stage properly, then yes, chances are that the sludge is almost all APAP.. ..but it doesn't hurt to filter it anyway. Every drop counts. And if you didn't get much of an effect, then i'd suggest that maybe you lost codeine during the process. ....probably the most important part of the whole cwe process is to make sure your filters have been properly soaked before hand. This way the brew will flow though it, instead of being absorbed into the filter.
well I think I will try this with some oxycodone 10/325 mg generics for percocets!
be nice to get rid of the 325 mg and just get the 10 mg of opiate out of each tab!
very informative thankyou!
thank you this was very helpful! I am going to try this with some 10/325 mg oxycodone! be nice to get just the 10mg of good stuff without all the crud!
course I would rather just score some good h but one does what one has to do to keep feelin good