Bluelight

Thread: (Loperamide/96 mgs) Experienced: YES, I'm high.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

atleast you'll never have to buy toilet paper again

2. Collapse Details

(A)_ I read those articles and there is no evidence of anything severely toxic other than 1 case report of an infant who had severe opiate-like toxic reaction. This reaction was easily reversed by an opiate blocker so methadone may also work in this regard.
    (B)_ There is certainly nothing indicating any kind of toxicity that is similar to or on par with MPTP other than the fact of the way it crosses the BBB in some.
    (C)_ Any kind of opiate constipation is nothing compared to the levels of diarrhea that most laxatives can produce so stop saying he's not gonna shit again, the joke is old and it's not that serious.

If there is any mention of SPECIFIC toxicity anywhere else post that, you cant go off a single report of an infant who's biochemistry is quite different than adults. BTW that article mentions that loperamide was tested upto 8mg/kg day with no ill effect, which is well over the dose malfunkshun took.
    Last edited by (zonk); 30-09-2008 at 14:54.

3. Collapse Details

^ I agree. There's probably only a 1 in 50 chance that someone who takes loperamide to get high will take enough to become a 20 year old parkinsons zombie.

4. Collapse Details

Have you tried Tylenol PM?

Snowbear

5. Collapse Details

yeah, it makes my legs jump around like a motherfucker when i try to sleep

6. Collapse Details

Okay, I have used loperamide with effect before. I used to use it to potentiate kratom when I still had a very low opiate tolerance.

Basically, my introduction into the world of opiates was kratom, and I would never use more than 4 tablespoons of material once a day. When I would become tolerant to the effects, I would take a brief break.

On a few occasions, I had become tolerant and wanted to find a way to get high without increasing my dose of kratom. On 2 or 3 occasions, I took about 24mg of loperamide, along with my kratom. In the beginning it would seem mostly like a generic kratom buzz. The difference was in the duration.

Kratom is an EXTREMELY short acting opiate, 3 - 4 hours of being high IME. When I took the loperamide, I was sedated for at least 8 hours, 4 hours longer than kratom should last. I felt very heavy, got the frog in my throat opiate effect (although that is probably a peripheral effect) but I could say with certainty that at least SOME of the loperamide had to get through the BBB. I experienced mild opiate euphoria. I've no reason to lie, and neither does Malfunkshun.

7. Collapse Details

No, I have no reason to lie, and anyway, why would I lie just to subject myself to constant ridicule on these boards? This is the second loperamide thread I've made, and the first one got closed because of various asshats who's only motivation was to spam up the place because they thought the idea of getting high on loperamide was ridiculous.

I didn't make this thread to start up another silly debate. The only reason I posted this thread is because it fucking needed to be here. That's what trip reports are for, describing your experiences on drugs. Believe me or go to hell, I don't care. Now it's here and it'll be relegated to the depths of the boards eventually.

8. Collapse Details

these flamers are clearly ignorant, petty and probably don't have much of a life because they are directing so much of their energy at dissing someone for taking a drug that is actually been used quite frequently in the research circles as an opiate(central+peripheral)+Ca2blocker. I don't know if people who post about loperamide in opiophile/somniforum have to deal with all this ridiculousness but damn, it's not like the guy was doing something dumb like huffing paint fumes or something, he's taking a real drug and if there's anyone here who clearly feels like he is a lesser person because of that then maybe you should no longer post here at bluelight as your malicious responses are not welcome here.
    ^ I agree. There's probably only a 1 in 50 chance that someone who takes loperamide to get high will take enough to become a 20 year old parkinsons zombie.
    I'll say it again, loperamide does cross the BBB and when it does it does nothing to effect dopamine receptor and neither does it's metabolites, so nobody has to worry about parkinsonism unless someone for no good reason decided they want to home synth loperamide that may have unknown contaminants which immodium and such clearly doesn't have

9. Collapse Details

Ok.. I"m picking some of this stuff up. I always believe a high from it was possible at high doses. I think at high doses, some of it possibly manages to find a way pat the BBB. I guess it just as safe a an opiod because of the constipation, i mean opiates do that to us anyway so why not use Immodium lol.

Next time I'm in w/d i will have this on hand. Thanks for the great report. I think I'll go with liquid though because i have swallowing all those pills..

Hey OP if you do it again, please give is another report and if anyone else does it please add your report. And this should be made the official Immodium thread!!!

Rpg

10. Collapse Details

ive used it for w/d's several times, its a lifesaver. no need to take as much as the OP did for that reason, unless you want to try it. but i need usually between 16-32mg's to keep my body well, then if i cant get any benzo's i take like 100mg's or so of dxm, for the head, not great, but i get through ok and am fuctionable.

11. Collapse Details

great report!

12. Collapse Details

Yes about all this constipation bickering, if you take a high of enough dose of any opiate your GI is going to stop moving completely.

If you take high doses of loperamide, it will only do the same thing. I've taken higher doses of loperamide and experienced moderate constipation.

Then I got addicted to pods and went on 4 day stretches without taking a shit. I'd say the pods actually clogged me up more!

13. Collapse Details

Loperaminde along with Cereport, which increases permeability of the BBB, has been shown to produce clear analgesic effects.

I also have heard p-glycoprotein inhibitors get it across the BBB more effectively.

The other option is delivery of loperamide with polysorbate-80 coated nanoparticles.

In reply to the constipation comments; Massive doses of oxycodone have prevented me from going for a couple weeks, by which time I was so worried about the pain and blood I pushed it another 4 weeks (6 weeks total) before I lost voluntary control and had to go; several times now. I won't mention specific doses lest I get accused of dick sizing again.

14. Collapse Details

I've used loperamide when starting sertraline for its anti-diarrheal effect. Sertraline happens to be a p-glycoprotein inhibitor, and its metabolite has an even higher affinity for p-gp. I don't know if that was the reason, but I DO remember suddenly feeling a very mild codeine-like buzz from about 30mg. I was not expecting to experience anything other than shitting less, so it was slightly cool.
    Last edited by Frank Lucas; 02-10-2008 at 05:47.

15. Collapse Details

I used to use loperamide in combination with euphoric benzodiazepines when I was detoxing from Heroin and other Opiates/Opioids. Why anyone would try to get high from it, I do not understand. Just buy a Darvocet because if anything at all, that's all you might get from ingesting 60 pills of loperamide.

My advice is to stay clear of those type of drugs anyway. I am a recovering addict, and Opiate addiction is no joke. When you find yourself eating loperamide to keep yourself out of the bathroom for a couple hours, you'll be sorry you ever attempted to get high from it.

16. Collapse Details

First off, thanks for the 'non-hostile' posts for the most part. I was really surprised when I read through this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper methysticum
    Why anyone would try to get high from it, I do not understand. Just buy a Darvocet because if anything at all, that's all you might get from ingesting 60 pills of loperamide.
    Sigh. People can be so thick headed. Did you not read my trip report at all? How do you, personally, know for a fact that ingesting 60 pills of loperamide MIGHT get you as high as one Darvocet? You say that as if it were an established fact. I have said many times that it IS possible to get a GOOD buzz with it. I've taken Darvocet, and it's nothing like that. I really don't give a flip if you believe me, but it is just amazing to hear people talk like you when they have no basis. It's pulling information out of your ass, is what it is.

My advice is to stay clear of those type of drugs anyway. I am a recovering addict, and Opiate addiction is no joke. When you find yourself eating loperamide to keep yourself out of the bathroom for a couple hours, you'll be sorry you ever attempted to get high from it.
    Sound advice. If by 'those type of drugs' you mean opiates and opioids. And that's what loperamide is for, keeping you out of the bathroom for a couple of hours. However, how do you know I or anyone else will be sorry that they/we ever attempted to get high on it, JUST because it's loperamide? More talking with your butt. Loperamide is an opiod and you can get addicted to it just like any other opioid. I'm sorry I ever got high on anything because addiction isn't a walk in the park.

NOW. I can't really comment on the articles about toxicity, and It seems like they were isolated and restricted to infants. I couldn't find any other references to loperamide toxicity, and there are no warnings on the labels, so I'm going to discount 'loperamide toxicity' as a real danger to be concerned about unless or until somebody finds some real research on it.

With that said, the only real concern I have with it (other than the obvious, that it's an addictive opioid) is that there might be something toxic in the fillers when taken at high doses. Does anyone have any information about that?
    Last edited by malfunkshun; 03-10-2008 at 21:40.

17. Collapse Details

European & African Drug Discussion
    Quote Originally Posted by malfunkshun
    However, how do you know I or anyone else will be sorry that they/we ever attempted to get high on it, JUST because it's loperamide?
    From the way I read it, he was just suggesting that messing with opiates is a bad idea full stop. Loperamide or otherwise. I think you'll find that many ex-addicts are upset when they see people using opiates and it's kinda understandable.

I have no reason to disbelieve your experience as I've the only time I've taken loperamide was when I was in detox to stop me shitting myself every five minutes. I don't think Piper was saying you're not getting a buzz from the stuff so much as suggesting that there are "better" opiates and that they all have the capacity to fuck you over.

At least that's how I saw it .

18. Collapse Details

Saying that you MIGHT catch a buzz equaling that of a Darvocet from 60 loperamide pills is pretty specific if you ask me.

19. Collapse Details

Well, personally, I doubt that I will try it, but I believe you. At the very least this thread has convinced me to get some loperamide for the next time I have w/d.

20. Collapse Details

I wonder how long loperamide has been out compared to dxm, and i'm wondering how long dxm was out before people started getting high off it.
    Maybe someone should give me a good "talking to" for eating so many robo gels. Perhaps I'll never be able to cough again

21. Collapse Details

I want to point out the topic of those articles on the last page was concerning Opiate like toxicity in infants, (depressed breathing, convulsions, overdose symptoms). Not Neurotoxicity studies. Seeing as how the BBB in humans works fairly well in animals, I believe if enough Loperimide got in to the brain at once or in enough high doses over a period, it could cause symptoms similar to those seen in the animal studies.

The question is not, does Loperimide cause opiate like effects, because that is a yes. The question is, is it worth it, considering the availability of other opioids, to risk problems for a legally available opiate?
    Last edited by Beenhead; 05-10-2008 at 03:34.

22. Collapse Details

European & African Drug Discussion
    Quote Originally Posted by malfunkshun
    Saying that you MIGHT catch a buzz equaling that of a Darvocet from 60 loperamide pills is pretty specific if you ask me.
    Yes - that you might get a buzz from loperamide but why not just use a "real" opiate? That's how I read it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by beenhead
    The question is not, does Loperimide cause opiate like effects, because that is a yes. The question is, is it worth it, considering the availability of other opioids, to risk problems for a legally available opiate?
    Kind of like that.

But, hey - whatever floats your boat. Have fun .

23. Collapse Details

Well, I realize my reply came off to you in a negative manner, but that was not my intent. I am sorry if I offended you, but "Shambles" hit it right on target. A recovering Heroin addict does not typically take posts like this very well. It just irritates me. That's my opinion, but you know the sayings about opinions. Lets just say you have your's and I have mine.

24. Collapse Details

I bet you shit iron pellets and sparks fly out of your ass from all that Lopermide.

25. Collapse Details

If Hydrocodone, or Dilaudid acted only on the mu receptors in the intestine and not in the brain, Im sure it too would be used as a anti diarrhea agent

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast