Bluelight

Thread: (Loperamide/96 mgs) Experienced: YES, I'm high.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Concerning lops neurotoxicicity unlike MPTP or haloperidol which bring about parkinsonian conditions with lop there are no adverse cns effects mostly due to lops PGP substrate properties that prevent it from not(entirely) crossing the BBB. Lops safety margin as compared to mptp or haloperidol despite its neurotoxic pyridinium products can be assumed to be as a result of therapeutic use being restricted to a few days. Anyone imo using it recreationally should consider this before trying.

2. Collapse Details

well i ate a box today (42 pill x 2mg) for pod withdrawl and it certainly helps WD but no euphoria. and its fuckin spacey like dxm kinda. i got zonked out for several hours after it kicked in and had FUCKING crazy dreams. Very vivid and very real. strange stuff for sure

3. Collapse Details

If I were to try this I would also take a laxative in order to compensate for the loperamide.
    ^ NEVER take laxitives unless the doctor orders it. Eat more fiber. I am as serious as a heart attack.

4. Collapse Details

Hey just for shits an giggles I took a bottle of 96 pills...swallowed about 10 at a time so it was quick. And 30 minutes later I am on an opiate high...no doubt about that...ha ha.

Hope it lasts for a while.

5. Collapse Details

Shadowmeister
    Senior Moderator
    Psychedelic Drugs
    Trip Reports
    Philosophy and Spirituality
    The Dark Side
    It will... all day most likely.

6. Collapse Details

Watching the parade with pinpoint eyes, full of smouldering anger...
    It is true in my experience that there seems to be a 'threshold' amount of loperamide, after which passed, the drug becomes very potent. Before this threshold it has virtually no effects at all other than some very mild sedation. Perhaps there is a level after which it exceeds the amount of pgp's in the brain. I know this because once I took 10 packs, felt nothing at all and was rather pissed off. Took 4 more packs and couldn't stay awake. Go figure

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Beenhead View Post
    ^ NEVER take laxitives unless the doctor orders it. Eat more fiber. I am as serious as a heart attack.
    Whats the basis behind this post..

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by chuchu View Post
    Concerning lops neurotoxicicity unlike MPTP or haloperidol which bring about parkinsonian conditions with lop there are no adverse cns effects mostly due to lops PGP substrate properties that prevent it from not(entirely) crossing the BBB. Lops safety margin as compared to mptp or haloperidol despite its neurotoxic pyridinium products can be assumed to be as a result of therapeutic use being restricted to a few days. Anyone imo using it recreationally should consider this before trying.
    Could you please explain this a bit more. I'm kind of worried.

9. Collapse Details

Just seems weird that a harm reduction site would allow posts advocating 50-100 times the medical dose of something.

I guess most of us drug addicts have lines in the sand that they just will not cross. For some it's heroin, for others it's the needle.

For me, it's massive amounts of imodium.

10. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I was in w/d yesterday and loperamide really helped. I even got in a really good mood for awhile. Only had to take like 12mg. Granted, not like percs or vicks- but undeniably it worked!!! Furthermore, I slept through the night. That's unheard of when im in wd. That shit is a life saver. I'm trying to stop daily 40mg use of percs/vicks. I know that's not alot but it still sucks when you skip a day. Lope fucking helps and there is no question in my mind about it!!

11. Collapse Details

Hey just for shits an giggles I took a bottle of 96 pills...swallowed about 10 at a time so it was quick. And 30 minutes later I am on an opiate high...no doubt about that...ha ha.

Hope it lasts for a while.
    It only lasted about 45 minutes, but it was a good 45 minutes.

It will... all day most likely.
    Not quite all day, but I have spent 17€ on worse highs

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Binge Artist View Post
    I guess most of us drug addicts have lines in the sand that they just will not cross. For some it's heroin, for others it's the needle.

hahahahaha a man of principles

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Binge Artist View Post
    Just seems weird that a harm reduction site would allow posts advocating 50-100 times the medical dose of something.

I share similar opinion. The amounts being suggested for recreational use are not in the spirit of harm reduction. Much so when Lop is classified together with haloperidol and mptp in terms of comparable neurotoxicicty.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by chuchu View Post
    I share similar opinion. The amounts being suggested for recreational use are not in the spirit of harm reduction. Much so when Lop is classified together with haloperidol and mptp in terms of comparable neurotoxicicty.
    No one here has got parkinson-like symptoms from using it, so I doubt this is true

15. Collapse Details

this is stupid

end of story :P

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by nguboi View Post
    Why is it dumb to take a inactive in the brain opiate? Isn't it dumb than to take thousands of poppy seeds and make a tea of them? Aren't poppy seeds only used on bagels?
    It isn't dumb to take any opiate for whatever reason you need it for.

It isn't dumb to wash the morphine/codeine/trace alkaloids off of the poppy seeds, as they were once in a poppy pod (of the P. somniferum varietY), which was once filled with yummy white opiate soup. The seeds are covered in a small amount of good material and if you wash a decent amount of them, you can get off.

Poppy seeds aren't only used on bagels. They are also used to get high and plant other poppies to get high even more. Oh, and they are liked by flower lovers as well.

17. Collapse Details

This thread needs to die.

18. Collapse Details

Ok regarding loperamide use for WD'ing, it seems everyone here has like a 40mg oxy habit and the lop seems to help them but im doing 240mg in one dose, is it likely any dose of immodium will help my WD's?

19. Collapse Details

^ IME coming off 300-400mg a day immodium just helped with the shits. I would get benzos, if you can't do less potent opiates to at least help the first few days. Actually if you aren't being drug tested defanitly get benzos so you can at least get a couple of hours of sleep. Hope you feel better soon man.
    Last edited by Too many doses; 26-02-2009 at 07:04. Reason: Spelling

20. Collapse Details

Shadowmeister
    Senior Moderator
    Psychedelic Drugs
    Trip Reports
    Philosophy and Spirituality
    The Dark Side
    Why does this thread need to die? It's useful to some people. And why is it so hard for people to believe that it can help with withdrawal and/or get you high? Are you saying that everyone who's had it work is lying or experiencing placebo? Placebo of alleviating withdrawal is quite unlikely.

Come on, give it a rest. If you think the thread needs to die or that it's "stupid, end of story", then don't post.

21. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by the_ketaman View Post
    Ok regarding loperamide use for WD'ing, it seems everyone here has like a 40mg oxy habit and the lop seems to help them but im doing 240mg in one dose, is it likely any dose of immodium will help my WD's?
    actually ya, i came off of a 210mg habit if you want to call it that, talking like 12 immodiums and than just when i needed to. I would use benzo's if i could unless just some tylenol,sleep meds, and some muscle relaxers. If you want to come off you can, you just have to have an occupied mind. good luck man

22. Collapse Details

I wish I paid attention in Chemistry =[

23. Collapse Details
    Did 96 mgs of imodium.... want to die now 
    Thumbs down
    I read this thread a few days ago, and became pretty intriged about the idea, so I decided to try it.

This morning at 0945, I took 48 2 mg imodium pills (96 mgs)

About 1130, started getting really tired, fell asleep for about 2 hours. Woke up feeling okay, but drowsy. No euphoria, no body buzz, nothing.

At about 1400, started getting a MASSIVE fucking headache, the top of my head feels like its going to explode, and my stomach is killing me. I feel like total, complete shit. My eyes hurt when I look to the side (odd, don't know a reason why that would be)

And I'm also drowsy. No opiate-like feelings at all (I have a high opiate tolerance), god, i wish I hadn't tried this!!!!

Just wanted to add that to the thread. I know, like with DXM, some people have good experiences to stuff, while others have awful ones. Before anyone else tries this though, consider running the risk of feeling like I do right now!

(this sucks... i was really hoping for at least a mild high...)

24. Collapse Details

I've commented before on the efficacy of loperamide, but I feel inclined to speak about it again.

I've been in withdrawals for the past 3 or 4 days as a result of overindulgence in poppy pod tea. The WD's really sneak up on me with this stuff, with the first few days being bearable but then the 4th day being unexpectedly hellish sometimes.

This was one of those days. I went to work in WD with the intention of just struggling through the day as best I could. Now, I have pain issues to begin with and walking can be somewhat painful, but usually not extremely distressing. Today it was awful, I had to keep sitting down and was basically a piece of shit at work.

As it turns out I work in a supermarket and we sell loperamide HCL 48 capsules for 1.70 or so (really cheap actually) so I finally caved in and bought some with the hopes of feeling better. I took 12 pills, 24mg and proceeded to return to work. Within about an hour, I was feeling slightly better. Within 2 hours I was feeling considerably better, and then finally my withdrawal syndrome was interrupted completely aside from the occasional yawn.

Loperamide has to be punching through the Blood Brain Barrier somewhat if it can relieve the withdrawals. An odd phenomenon that I've noticed is that it takes me about 3 to 4 hours to feel full effect from it. It's a lifesaver though, that's for sure. I felt like a normal person today.

25. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    So anyways, i have been going through slight heroin w/d's and wound up finding this thread which has left me rather intrigued.

I have a bottle of Equate loperamide tablets and just ingested 50mg. I will report back with details!

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast