Thread: HAPPY HOLIDAYS 2U DEC 7th 2002 by Columns of Knowledge

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Peace
    [quote]Originally posted by Funky4Breakz:
    *Does the turtle*
    lol.
    Mmmmmmm.. H-Foundation!
    Chris, while your here, is there ANYTHING that can be done about the soundsystem at the Asylum? It sux balls! Reinforcement perhaps?
    You can hear the highs and mids fine, but the low end is SERIOUSLY SERIOUSLY lacking. Seems like those huge bass bins are just there for decoration or something. lol The speakers to the rear of the main room are ALWAYS distorted or very low as well.
    Can something be done... at least for this party?
    -Teddy

2. Collapse Details

^ your just spoiled from our trip to club aria, i know, i know, we cant have it all. ::cries::

3. Collapse Details

Peace
    ^^^^
    Has nothing to do with that. lol
    I've pretty much felt this way about the asylum's system since the first time I've been to the place, which was "Whipped" last year.
    Funny how I can also go to a little whole in the wall place like Station 58 in New London... and find the place excellently appointed with decent JBLs and go to this place where these awesome parties attended by thousands are thrown.. with a less than stellar system.. I dunno, it's just one of my peeve's I guess.
    -Teddy

4. Collapse Details

evil party
    night of hell
    my first overnight in springfield other than at the asylum courtasy springfield piggie patrol.
    happythoughtshappythoughtshappythoughts
    straaange

5. Collapse Details

Peace
    Actually my priority in regards to sound right now is keeping the club open at this point, by this I mean, the club has been consistently losing money by having all nighters for some time. They are in the process of working on purchasing the back room and side room sound systems so as not to rent them anymore and this will eventually lead to better sound in the main floor as well. For now we will continue with the system that is in house. The budgets simply do not allow us to extend any further in this direction at this time, as much as we would like to. It disappoints me as well but unfortunately it is much harder to pull a crowd these days than it was 2-3 yrs ago. So it takes much longer to make these improvements.

6. Collapse Details

Wink
    well, heres some mild critism, don't take this personally, well, maybe this is for TRUE
    don't throw parties every 2 weeks, since it's the ONLY venue around here really, people will get sick of the place, which is why it's hard to fill the place consecutively every weekend
    we need to get a new venue somewhere else, then we can get more people coming in
    i know fitchburg is out of the question but hey, who knows

7. Collapse Details

Even if another venue is smaller(although I'm sure they could pack as many in as the asylum), it would be wonderfully refreshing to go to.
    I like my weeklies, but sometimes larger parties are more fun...at a different location.

8. Collapse Details

Star
    yea and get me to do your flyers [/shamelessselfpromotion]

9. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    ...kevin stealin my damn ideas... *stomps foot* i said it first!!
    ok... anyway... my insurance company sent me a new billing scheducle, and they've upped the cost of my insurance by $50 a month. since i wasn't exactly expecting this added expense, we'll see how things go.
    *sigh*

10. Collapse Details

Record
    Believe me when I say this... I would LOVE to try something somewhere new. We actually are awaiting the opening of a new club in CT sometime after New Yrs which may open a new door in CT for dancing. However I looked into 6 different venues in 2002 and came up empty. My time didn't allow for me to persue any others. If anyone has any leads on places where Columns of Knowledge should try and do a show please email me directly [email protected]
    Ltrz, Knowledge

11. Collapse Details

Mushroom
    I noticed steve said something about inflatable reindeer and shit like that...there is a Namco (the place that sells pool supplies) in North Haven that i saw that sells all sorts of Christmas shit...and those were there too. They were pretty big too.

12. Collapse Details

Bump
    Biizzzummp

13. Collapse Details

I noticed steve said something about inflatable reindeer and shit like that...there is a Namco (the place that sells pool supplies) in North Haven that i saw that sells all sorts of Christmas shit...and those were there too. They were pretty big too.
    they have a namco in orange/milford too.

14. Collapse Details

Lightbulb
    How much are these inflatable things? Best rate we've found so far is $40 apiece.

15. Collapse Details

Chris, did you try the christmas tree shop in milford?
    On a side note, I tried to buy todays man in norwalk, fucken place is HUGE would be perfet to throw a party. It has sat there for almost 2 years empty. You never know, they might be desperate for money. There is a parking lot across the street and what not.
    They just wanted waaaaay to much money for it, so the deal fell through, and then I lost my financing. Something to do with some planes crashing or something.

16. Collapse Details

Heart
    I've been listenin to a whole hell of a lot of JSmooth latley. Sayin I'm mad excited to see this cat live finally is an understatement.
    16 Days and counting.

17. Collapse Details

Smile
    How many days now??

18. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Peace
    10 more days!!! so what do ya'll think about this snow coming. who predicts that it will snow? it did last year, why not again? hopefully I don't have to drive.
    I would like to meet some blers. Is there a meetup? That would be cool. Peace,Jenni
    [ 26 November 2002: Message edited by: Jenni4YourThoughts ]

19. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    i'd just like to say one thing and no one take if offensively but you all complain about "the scene" and about "the venues" but what do you do to try and suport or make better "the scene" ? it's real easy to talk badly about the asylum being played out or whatever but yet what do you do to make anything better you could all e-mail Gil-T or Knowledge or post at their websights asking for changes of giving in put yet most of you (and not just refering to BLer's) just sit in your forums talking badly and possibly convincing others who would have a good time not to go. new speakers and better DJ's cost money. give input, help out, or some day you'll be sitting in your forum complaing about how there isn't anything to do; about how there is no parties. it dosen't take much effort to be a big help. You may not miss the asylum now but it would suck for everyone to lose it.
    -Scary

20. Collapse Details

ay, here we go with "the scene" thing. it aint dying. and i dont wanna hear anything about how its going mainstream shit. everything takes its own path and youre a moron if you like something because its mainstream or not, be youre own fucking person. the scene is what you make of it, what you put in, youll get out of it. theres hundreds of different dj's and styles, and hundreds of different parties and locals or weeklies whatever you wanna call them.
    sorry for my rant, i just woke up and saw the last 2 posts, im hungover, its thanksgiving, and i have to go see my boring ass family, so ill be a total bitch today

21. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Peace
    ohyeahohyeah. just one week away baby!!! woohoo!!! i can't wait. peace. so where is the meetup??

22. Collapse Details

23. Collapse Details

Will you and Strange permit me to enter with my Elmo backpack filled with 10 different varieties of rum? Or will they be confiscated at the door?

24. Collapse Details

;D

25. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Check out Mark Martini making his first COK appearance at his event. His mixes, tracks and info can be found at dUbcoast.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast