Bluelight

Thread: Police score big in Mexican meth bust

1. Collapse Details
    Police score big in Mexican meth bust 
    Police score big in Mexican meth bust
    Cops seize 351 pounds, arrest 4 men in raids.Stash shows how Atlanta is a throughway for the East Coast drug trade.

By Marcus K. Garner

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Thursday, May 14, 2009

The federal Drug Enforcement Administration seized 351 pounds of crystal methamphetamine from two Gwinnett County homes, authorities announced Wednesday.

The bust, made earlier this week, had a wholesale value of about $6 million, said DEA special agent in charge Rodney Benson.

“This is the largest seizure of methamphetamine east of the Mississippi [River],” Benson said Wednesday at a news conference in downtown Atlanta.

Benson showed dozens of two-pound plastic bags filled with the crystal he said “rots the body from the inside out,” along with an undisclosed amount of cash.

Authorities said DEA agents also seized a kilogram of cocaine and an unspecified amount of acetone, a highly flammable chemical used to purify methamphetamine and crystallize the drug, making it stronger.

“We suspect this meth will be [in the] 80- to 90-percent purity range,” Benson said.

DEA agents and police from Atlanta’s High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area task force raided two Duluth homes late Sunday and early Monday, he said. Four men, all Mexican natives, were arrested at 4238 Buckingham Place and 2695 Cambridge Park Drive.

“This is typical of what we’re seeing with the Mexican [drug] cartels,” Benson said. “They want to blend in to regular neighborhoods. It appears no neighbors knew what was going on.”

Jose Rafael Lopez-Jimenez, 34; Gerardo Antonio Urena-Esquivel, 35; Luis Naranjo-Leon, 23; and Hugo Flores Rios, 29, were charged with felony trafficking. They are being held without bond in Gwinnett County jail.

Benson said Mexican drug cartels, chief among them the Gulf Cartel and the Sinaloa cartel, have targeted metro Atlanta as a throughway for moving drugs to markets on the Eastern seaboard.

Though officials have ruled out any connection between this bust and a quadruple shooting Monday down the street from the Buckingham Place home, that investigation continues, Benson said.

Source

--------------------------------

that's a lot of crank

2. Collapse Details

Jesus, the sad thing is the meth users they were selling to are still getting tweak just as much as before.

3. Collapse Details

This was just seizure mind you.. they found no lab. so this could just be a set back for someone.

4. Collapse Details

That is a LARGE seizure of meth. Interesting they had acetone for recrystalization.

5. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    It appears no neighbors knew what was going on.
    LMAO yeah right. It seems like there is a record breaking meth bust in mexico every couple of months now.

6. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    ^^^
    This is in Gwinnett County Atlanta, not Mexico. The people arrested were Mexican but the meth trade routes run all throughout Georgia; and employ individuals of all persuasions.

7. Collapse Details

"it rots the body from the inside out"

who wants to bet one of the officers children takes ADD meds.

8. Collapse Details

Words
    Quote Originally Posted by toastedpanda View Post

I bet $9. Ridiculous.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Swerz View Post
    along with an undisclosed amount of cash.
    Wonder how much of this "Undisclosed" amount the DEA took for themselves >_>..

10. Collapse Details

I always figure a percentage of busts is stolen and redistributed back into the area. Whether it's for profit of it or to prevent eradication of the areas drugs.

Not good when the addicts all need a fix and if all the drugs were gone, what would the DEA do?

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by smackem View Post
    That is a LARGE seizure of meth. Interesting they had acetone for recrystalization.
    I think they had acetone to wash their own personal cocaine supply. 351 pounds of meth, 1 pound of coke? I think they were blowin lines of llello while cuttin up their blocks of ice.

12. Collapse Details

they should have let us know if it was clear or what. Also, that'd be a fun week and a half.

13. Collapse Details

god damn I wish I was one of those guys. just imagine sitting on 351 pounds of meth whilst working your way through a pound of coke. o_o

you'd be coming down all the way through prison.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by toastedpanda View Post

I'd agree with you that if the officer even does have a child, theres a chance. To even remotley compare pure crank to maybe a 30mg XR Adderall is fucking ridiculous. Meth will eventually, over a prolonged period of time wreck havoc on the body. Depending on your ROA it can be worse for some people than with others.

So please, think before you post.

THATS A LOT OF CRANK!! I'm sure someone is pissed/dead.