Bluelight

Thread: plugging mscontin (morphine sulfate) what is the bioavailability?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    i have 200mgs but the process is the same 
    Quote Originally Posted by SickleCellKid View Post
    hope this is not considered off topic but HOW what is the exact method for successfully plugging Ms Contin? Can some one pls refer me or post it pls as i'm new here

what is the best plugging method for mscontin 100mgs or more
    First get a oral syringe a spoon and a small cup or tupperware. Wash the coating off the pill and crush/smash the pill the best you can heat the water in the microwave so it is as hot as a cup of coffee.put the crushed pill in the spoon and draw up enough water in the oral syringe to. Soak the pill and add a little more so its like a soup. Slowly heat the spoon holding the flame about 4-6 inches below. Doing this helps the pill disolve better since there is wax in the pill,once the liquid is hot enough stir it with the tip of the oral syringe and draw the solution up.(if there is residue left add a little more water so you can get it all use lube and lay on your stomach and insert the oral syringe all the way,slam down on the plunger and continue to lay one your stomach for about 20 minutes....make sure to wash your hands afterwards lol

2. Collapse Details

putting heat to the morphine wont fuck it up? also the generics i get do not seem to have any coating on the balls. i usually just chew up the tiny ball they taste horrible but its better than just eating the cap. Ive been thinking about plugging these, i wont IV them because everyone says extended release morphine's the worst thing to shoot. Snorting seems to just be a waste, so i prolly will give the plug method a try

3. Collapse Details

Acquired 2 x 200 mg Morphine Ms Contin. After 10 years of H, and 3 months of Subutex, took one of those 200 mg orally last night. No real high for me, but slept well and a lot. Never plugged any drug before in my 15 years of Drug use and abuse But since i have 1 pill left, and my Subutex prescription will be filled later today, the ass man is jumping up and down in my head now! Hehe

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by enoughorangejuice? View Post
    hello all,
    i read in the bioavailability thread that morphine oral has around a ~30% BA and rectal is around the same. in my experience with liquid morphine i can say that rectally taking liquid morphine is at least twice as strong as oral. i just started getting mscontin pills and plugging them is not as good as plugging liquid morphine for whatever reason but it is still much better than taking them orally. does anyone know the true BA for rectal morphine? i'd have to guess its around 50-60% if not higher. you get a rush and a much stronger high than snorting or taking morphine orally. anyone have similar experiences?

BA:

oral ~30%
    rectal ~60%
    insuffilated ~25%
    IV/IM ~100%

that is the BA chart i'd guess is the most accurate. i dont think plugging is only 5% higher BA than oral.
    http://www.springerlink.com/content/l03k476447pw2m74/

this article has ranges frpm 12 - 61 % with a means of 30%.

i definitely feel a lot out of rectal morphine, much more than oral. or is that some kind of euphemism for the homosexual in me?

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Been&Done View Post
    Acquired 2 x 200 mg Morphine Ms Contin. After 10 years of H, and 3 months of Subutex, took one of those 200 mg orally last night. No real high for me, but slept well and a lot. Never plugged any drug before in my 15 years of Drug use and abuse But since i have 1 pill left, and my Subutex prescription will be filled later today, the ass man is jumping up and down in my head now! Hehe
    I'm not a homosexual, but a few months ago an old hook came acrossed a fat temporary stash of hydromorphs and I for one definately plugged them and it was worth it, almost scary even, as I hadn't nodded that hard in a long time.

6. Collapse Details

I didn't do it at the end!! Too many years of using mouth and nose for all kinds of drugs made me reluctant to put some pill in my ass hole. Maybe some day, maybe never, we'll see
    So, you did really nod? hmm...interesting

7. Collapse Details

Ya, insanely hard too. It literally felt like I IV'd dilaudid, but it came on in 15-20 minutes instead of instantly, which isn't that much of a wait at all, just plan ahead.

I have an over the counter pill cutter/crusher-grinder and a 3ml needleless syringe though. I'd rather just rail pills (and ONLY if the drugs have terrible oral bioavail) and never make a habit over that now either...this way (if I wanted) I could alternate between oral, snorting, slamming and plugging (fuck smoking). I see it as harm reduction to give my body more ways of (marginally safe and correct) intake, as far as site rotation goes.

8. Collapse Details

How in the world could oral BA be higher than snorted BA? come one now wtf guys

9. Collapse Details

I skipped all the posts besides the OP.

I plugged morphine sulphate (not the continuous release) a couple years back... only did it twice.

The person that told me how to do it said the dose will be equal to what you would normally inject. So I plugged around 20-30mg and it seriously worked better than any other way I have ever taken morphine (I have never shot anything so thats why I'm saying that). Plugging is awesome. It works so well.

Can you do it with diacetylmorphine? How well would that work out...

Bottom line is, plugging is a very effective way to do a lot of different drugs. Don't know the exact number of the BA for it though, for morphine that is. I would assume its just one google page away though and not hard to find the BA of morphine sulfate. I'm lazy as hell... hope my two cents helped a little bit

10. Collapse Details

There must be a mistake in the BA!

Snorted HAS to be stronger than oral.....oral (like with heroin) is one of the weakest if not THE weakest!

My morphine experience is limited but I have snorted it on 2 occasions and got high with around 60mg-90mg and nodding with 120mg-150mg.

I tried plugging around 30mg-40mg today, I guess it worked but i still think its on par with snorting.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by muie View Post

Snorted HAS to be stronger than oral.....oral (like with heroin) is one of the weakest if not THE weakest!

My morphine experience is limited but I have snorted it on 2 occasions and got high with around 60mg-90mg and nodding with 120mg-150mg.

I tried plugging around 30mg-40mg today, I guess it worked but i still think its on par with snorting.
    I would say milligram for milligram, plugging is more than just on par with snorting. Much more.... pharmacologically, (spelling.?) as well as physically speaking.

I know your experiences with it made you say its on par with snorting it... and to each his or her own... you know? I just know MG for MG plugging it is more potent, much more... you should only need 15-30mg (NO tolerance I mean) as opposed to snorting it and using 60-120+ milligrams...

You know what I mean? Maybe I am wrong but I don't think so on this one this time... someone from drugs plaza forums (deadhead) gave me all the info on plugging Morphine Sulfate. Deadhead knows his shit....

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by muie View Post

Do you have some links to studies that back up this statement?
    All the studies I've seen indicate that oral has a higher BA than nasal in the case of morphine.
    Also note that you mentioned your experience is limited.
    My experience on the other hand is not quite so limited & I would agree that oral has a higher BA than nasal.
    Though I'd like to note that my subjective experiences mean little to nothing; as do yours.
    As subjective experiences do not dictate scientific facts.
    So regardless of our differing experiences with morphine the fact of the matter is that quality controlled studies indicate a higher oral than nasal BA.
    Just thought I'd throw that out there.
    As it seems you didn't quite get the point when it was explained to you in your thread that was closed.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by IndustrialStrength View Post
    Do you have some links to studies that back up this statement?
    All the studies I've seen indicate that oral has a higher BA than nasal in the case of morphine.
    Also note that you mentioned your experience is limited.
    My experience on the other hand is not quite so limited & I would agree that oral has a higher BA than nasal.
    Though I'd like to note that my subjective experiences mean little to nothing; as do yours.
    As subjective experiences do not dictate scientific facts.
    So regardless of our differing experiences with morphine the fact of the matter is that quality controlled studies indicate a higher oral than nasal BA.
    Just thought I'd throw that out there.
    As it seems you didn't quite get the point when it was explained to you in your thread that was closed.

BA for oral administration is roughly 25%... that is for morphine sulfate. I guess what I just read nasal is only 10% roughly... (that was just for "morphine." I searched quickly... I didn't look at specifics for the sulfate salt of morphine...

I'm telling you IV or plugging it would be the best bet without a doubt. BA wise...

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by benzoheadplus44 View Post
    BA for oral administration is roughly 25%... that is for morphine sulfate. I guess what I just read nasal is only 10% roughly... (that was just for "morphine." I searched quickly... I didn't look at specifics for the sulfate salt of morphine...

I'm telling you IV or plugging it would be the best bet without a doubt. BA wise...
    Agreed.

15. Collapse Details

I can only provide anecdotal evidence but for me IR (Intrarectal = Plugged) is definitely the way to go with morphine. I get prescribed MST Continus 30mg and Sevredol 10mg IR and I usually grind up 3 x 30mg and 3 x 10mg and plug them with 3ml of water and within half an hour I am feeling the effects and within an hour I am nodding.

I find that crushing MST Continus does not entirely negate the sustained-release effect, however. MST Continus is a NAPP UK brand which I believe to be very similar to MS Contin that my American counterparts use.

Back in the day I used to be able to feel Sevredol IR orally! But tolerance has plenty stolen that away from me. I never use morphine orally as it's such a waste. Plugging is definitely the way to go with morphine pills.

I found a study that found the mean rectal bioavailability of morphine was 31% but I believe it is higher than that in my experience.

Study: Absorption and bioavailability of rectally administered morphine in women
    D. Westerling, S. Lindahl, K. -E. Andersson and A. Andersson
    EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
    Volume 23, Number 1, 59-64, DOI: 10.1007/BF01061378

16. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    I have been reading all of these threads on morphine sulfate, and the general consensus seems to be that plugging is close to the bio availability of IV (more like IM). I have very little experience with morphine, other than with poppy seeds/pods. I have acquired one MS 100 (imprinted E65 and a couple oral syringes. I have a small tolerance, and right now, 30 mg of hydrocodone or about 25 mg of oxycodone (both orally) are good recreational doses for me. How much of the MS 100 would be about equivalent (or maybe a tad stronger) than those doses when plugging? I am thinking about using either 1/3 of the pill (about 33 mg) or just using half (50 mg) to ensure a golden high. Would 1/3 of the pill suffice for me based on my tolerance? Thanks.

17. Collapse Details

^how'd it go?

I have a moderate H tolerance and plan on plugging a full 100mg pill tomorrow... took about 60mg orally today and didn't feel anything

18. Collapse Details

has anyone tried a morphine nasal spray type solution? Would be interested to see if the BA is greater than insufflated morphine, and also where it sits in relation to other ROA's.

19. Collapse Details

Wow this thread has a lot of missing concepts. Here we go...

Morphine undergoes extensive first pass metabolism when ingested orally and result in a B.A. of only about 30%. The morphine molecule is too non-polar to efficiently pass through epitheal cell membranes in the nose and rectum to get into the blood stream resulting in B.A.s of about 30% and 20% respectively. Lowering the pH in the rectum or adding chitosan to the nasal preparation both aid in increasing the permeability of the cell membranes and can greatly increase transfer.

The subjective effects of a drug however, are not solely based on its bioavailability. When taken nasally or rectally, despite the low bioavailability the peak concentration of the drug and time to peak concentration (rush or come-up) can be remarkably faster resulting in a greater high.

The attached graph illustrates this point and I hope answers everyones' questions.

p.s.
    Note that bioavailability and really any statistic based on the effect of drugs on a person are comprised of averages which contain outliers. The first time trying a new drug or a drug by a new route of administration it is worthwhile to be cautious.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picture.jpeg 
Views:	1147 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	9852  

20. Collapse Details

I'm confused (no surprise) if the extended release matrix system whatever is so bulletproof then how can even plugging a ms contin make any difference. If the morphine is bonded with the matrix on a molecular level then what difference does it make what way you ingest/ deliver it into your system. Please explain.

21. Collapse Details

See all these posts about the extended release meds are so old that they're not referring to the latest modifications of the time release actions on these medications, right?

22. Collapse Details

Man IDK..

I have been 30mg purps. I ate like 90mgs +20 hydro and felt pretty good, 1mg kpim, noddin, nothing like opana ir anything special. I Do get sick on these though.. typical with opiates

I tried 45 mgs rectal. Warm water mixed with crushed pills and alot of water. I guess it was feeling like 90mgs. Maybe got too sick, yaked all day. Also 1 mg of kpin. Dont think id feel a thing without it.

Anyways does someone have any advice thats been plugging these HTnaks

23. Collapse Details

Also my tolerance is 4-5mg of opana nasally, and abiut 3x10mg percocet oxy's IR oral , how many mg of plugged moph. sulf should that be.. Thats seems a legit harm reduction question i think.. and the the best way to prep, i plugged the 45 today my report is abovr=
    Last edited by blazelate; 25-02-2012 at 07:22.

24. Collapse Details

Other Drugs

السلام عليكم Release my Mind... From your Grip.. Poison, poisooonn! Invading, invaaading! Reveal my Soul.
    I'd start with plugging 100mg then redosing in 50mg increments to work your way up to where you wanna be.

best way to prep: let the morphine (unless it's an IR) soak the ground up morphine pill overnight in a tiny amount of water, then in the morning plug the water. Let the time release do it's thing if it's like my Mallis, at least 8 hours of soaking.

25. Collapse Details

hm yes i will try letting the entire pill just sit and dissolve overnight, like i do with those new OP oxy's (but i drink that).

Ill try letting it dissolves cause i was plugged 50mg's yesterday and still didn't feel much, even with .5 kpin and .5 xanax on top of that.. Im afraid I'm messing it up bu cursing it or not letting it sit long enough? I used hot water, too.

Going to try 70 next ime. Like i said i have a ~30mg oxy tolerance.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast