Bluelight

Thread: 4-methylaminorex (4-MAR)

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

It's true tho this chemical is controlled very well and people get prosecuted just as bad as other drugs

2. Collapse Details

Australia & Asia Drug Discussion
    I am yet to try this stuff, would love to but I don't see it being likely in the current situation.

I have read reports of it being better than meth, I have never had it so for all I know it could be, but I have used a reasonable number of stimulants, some of which people talk up as better than meth but not one of them has really come close to meth for me in terms of euphoria. Because of that, I am inclined to believe that methamphetamine is the ultimate stimulant for me personally. I would love to be proven wrong with something even better however.

3. Collapse Details

i reckon meth would be for sure otherwise people overseas would try hard to synthesis this if it was better than meth

4. Collapse Details

Deep, deep down the spiralling rabit hole >--/-O|=]
    4-MAR is a little different from your usual stimulant.

I wouldn't go as far as to say it is similar to MDMA, but the euphoria and selse of well being it gives you can only really be second to MDMA (as far as my experiences go). If I had to explain it in as little words as possible I would call it "slightly stimulating meth with a 'flaoty' MDMA-like euphoria".

Anyone else who's has it feel free to elaborate

I'm not a meth fan personally (but I am a massive MDMA man ) and I found this drug more enjoyable than meth. Much more cruisy, less forced.

I think the lack of supply has a lot to do with the length of 4-MAR. I can't think of too many people who are happy with a stimulant that lasts ~16 hours. I can't commend on addiction/redosing personally because I've only ever had it in single doses, but others on the net mention a much lesser urge to redose compared to Meth.
    Last edited by Sameria; 28-05-2010 at 15:50.

5. Collapse Details

It was all over Brisbane in the early 000's.
    Had it quite a few times, preferred it to the crystal meth that was being sold as ice at the time.
    I found it really euphoric, and the focus from it is second to none... as Sameria stated, it's not as pushy as meth, but it goes for a really long time.
    Found it to feel similar to methylphenidate for some reason, but I do have ADHD.

Never smoked or snorted it, only injected it.

6. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    slipknot1: you have NO idea... People don't divert these drugs... they're imported by the ambitious in small quantities, then sold on to small circles... imported from asia, if you actually have any knowledge of how the drug imports game works, you'd know this. You'd know theres rarely any reason for an EUD to be accepted with psychotropic illegal substances, without first having the research assessed, and with most illicit substances, theres not much point researching them further, at least here in aus, to further our knowledge for human use - especially in chemicals that are VERY RARELY USED.

7. Collapse Details

forgot to add that I also got moments of profound insight from it during the experiences....which coupled by the euphoria, were almost overwhelming

8. Collapse Details

4-MAR is schedule 9 in the SUSDP so possession of it would be illegal in any state.

It is also on the prohibited import list for the TGA.

So it is very much illegal in its own right. It is actually quite easy to synthesise from PPA although it requires a very dangerous chemical. I am surprised it is not more widely available in places where PPA is available.

9. Collapse Details

I heard of it being around earlier this year, didn't see it for myself though.

10. Collapse Details

It definately is the shit...

11. Collapse Details

How would one tell the difference between 4-MAR and meth if you were just buying it from the street? Does it burn differently or have a different taste etc?

12. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    4-MAR is schedule 9 in the SUSDP so possession of it would be illegal in any state.

It is also on the prohibited import list for the TGA.

So it is very much illegal in its own right. It is actually quite easy to synthesise from PPA although it requires a very dangerous chemical. I am surprised it is not more widely available in places where PPA is available.
    When i mentioned the list of prohibited imports, i had just scanned through the TGAs list, i made note that "aminorex" was listed, but 4-MAR was not. I also made the assumption that obviously as it is an analogue of aminorex, it would be therefore covered under the analogues act.

mushi mushi:
    I noted that 4-MAR had a distinctly more chemical taste when vapourized. Where as meth has a sort of, how would i put it, taffy type taste, sweet.

The only real way to check is to test the substance with a marquis reagent, and note the reaction, Orange for meth, clear with bubbles for 4-MAR.

13. Collapse Details

sorry mribis you seem to actually know alot about this and tried it my aplogies. I think what mush also wanted to know was yes the smell but how did it actually smoke in the pipe?

14. Collapse Details

MrIbis: the prohibited import that I looked at, which was posted on one of the other recent threads, had 4-MAR listed. So who knows what is correct.

15. Collapse Details

^ I think it is VERY safe to say 4-MAR is a prohibited import whether it explicitly states that on the prohibited import list or not dude.

16. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Yeah i just ran through the list on the TGAs site the other day.

It's definately a prohibited import in some respect, i was just clearing up the confusion.. and yeah its S9 in the SUSDP

17. Collapse Details

Bluelight Crew
    I tried 4 MAR about 20 years ago with some friends and found it to be one of the most enjoyable chems i had ever tried, and thus stayed away from it And as for the euphoria.. well my mate was ready to have sex with a bar stool but knew it would be frowned apon lol.

18. Collapse Details

are you sure this is the real ice and the good ice? because all the experiences on erowid seem to say this is very harsh when smoked... so it makes me think the people who believed this to be quality shard.. maybe it actually was lol.. because apparently 4-mar is very harsh in the pipe... correct me if im wrong but expriences say so.

19. Collapse Details

are you sure this is the real ice
    It was the original ice, no doubt about it. iirc the termed was hatched during the Reagan administration's early phase of their War on Drugs policy. I believe one of the captions used was something like "Ice....deadlier than crack cocaine".

20. Collapse Details

i know but seriously guys are you sure you people have tried it? because nobody has ever mentioned how it burned and if it had big clouds like ice or if it was harsh to smoke.. i dont mean to offend you guys but are you sure you guys were smoking 4mar

21. Collapse Details

^ Not everyone who claims to have tried it says they smoked it. There probably one or two people that are mistaken but if multiple board members put their hands up and say they have tried it i am going to guess the majority have. If anyone was to obtain such a rare compound AND be likely to recognise what it was or be familiar with it then a bluelighter probably has better odds than your average joe.

22. Collapse Details

yeah that is why i am seeking to find any bluelighter who has smoked it that could describe how it was, because i do remember smoking something and it really made me want to study

23. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by mushi mushi 88 View Post
    How would one tell the difference between 4-MAR and meth if you were just buying it from the street? Does it burn differently or have a different taste etc?
    Effects lasted a lot longer and nowhere near as bigger comedown. This bout' '01 it was Havent seen it or even touched meth for few years now which is good. The best part about it was the increased mental focus I had compared with meth. Meth makes me concentrate to hard on minor things, where as the 4mar can I say definately hightened my intelligence and speed whilst in working conditions.

Wont find on street tho

24. Collapse Details

Ive been lucky enough to smoke proper 4mar ice a couple of times around 8 or 9 years ago, the asians who i got it off call it shabu.

its a lot more euphoric than meth, it feels more to me like mdxx than meth tbh.

One of the most frustrating things in the world, is trying to explain to an ice head that the crystal meth they smoke isnt traditional ice, and they have no idea what 4methylaminorex is, some almost get defensive when trying to argue that meth is ice.

quite funny really

25. Collapse Details

^ Really though, who cares if meth is "traditional ice"? The fact is right now, 99% of the time someone says ice they are referring to meth, I don't dispute whether 4-MAR had the name first, I wouldn't really know for a fact either way to be honest.

Who cares if 10 or 20 years ago it was the "real" ice anyway, it isn't now. I really don't see the point in arguing over slang, it is like trying to argue if dope is weed or heroin, really it depends who you are talking to.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast