Bluelight

Thread: 4-methylaminorex (4-MAR)

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Ive been lucky enough to smoke proper 4mar ice a couple of times around 8 or 9 years ago, the asians who i got it off call it shabu.

its a lot more euphoric than meth, it feels more to me like mdxx than meth tbh.

One of the most frustrating things in the world, is trying to explain to an ice head that the crystal meth they smoke isnt traditional ice, and they have no idea what 4methylaminorex is, some almost get defensive when trying to argue that meth is ice.

quite funny really
    Shabu is not 4-mar i know that for a fact, i have actually smoked shabu in asia

2. Collapse Details

shabu is what they call ice in asia, there is no cutters and it is pure methylamphetamine

3. Collapse Details

the first "shards" i smoked bak in 2001 was 4-mar , nothing has ever come close

4. Collapse Details

Deep, deep down the spiralling rabit hole >--/-O|=]
    Yeah isn't Shabu another name for high purity Methamphetamine in Asia?

damn this thread is making me wish I had some U4Euh :<

5. Collapse Details

The whole 'meth isn't ice' argument is absurd. It's just slang, slang is relative, if 99.9% of the population think ice means meth, then ice means meth. There's no official drug slang lexicon.

6. Collapse Details

Bluelight Crew
    The time i tried 4-mar it was never smoked, just swallowed And its nick/slang term was called Hawiian Ice ! Damn that was a fun few days

7. Collapse Details

^ I've heard Hawaiian Ice used as a name for a few things, like meth or a combo of meth and something else. I wonder what it originally referred to, Google doesn't turn up much.

8. Collapse Details

Australia & Asia Drug Discussion
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankinit View Post
    The whole 'meth isn't ice' argument is absurd. It's just slang, slang is relative, if 99.9% of the population think ice means meth, then ice means meth. There's no official drug slang lexicon.
    Thank you! Seriously I have always been baffled at these arguments of the "true ice" its a load of shit really. Neither drug has ownership over slang it depends on the situation what it means, obviously there is some potential to cause confusion. The fact is, I think if anyone had 4-MAR they would be referring to it as that and not trying to pan it off as 'ice' which the majority of people are going to assume is meth.

Call them both dog shit if you want, it makes no difference, they are what they are and neither dog shit or ice is an official name or anything.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Azron View Post
    Effects lasted a lot longer and nowhere near as bigger comedown. This bout' '01 it was Havent seen it or even touched meth for few years now which is good. The best part about it was the increased mental focus I had compared with meth. Meth makes me concentrate to hard on minor things, where as the 4mar can I say definately hightened my intelligence and speed whilst in working conditions.

Wont find on street tho
    4-methylaminorex is shorter acting than methamphetamine...

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    "It produces long-lasting effects, generally up to 16 hours in duration if taken orally and up to 12 hours if smoked or insufflated. Large doses have been reported anecdotally to last up to 36 hours."
    The first time I snorted methamphetamine, it lasted 24 hours and felt a bit like MDMA. I've heard of single insufflated doses keeping people awake 36-48 hours...

10. Collapse Details

4-methylaminorex is a long-lasting synthetic stimulant which is generally found in the form of either crystals or powder which are taken orally, smoked, or insufflated. It is often touted for its use as a work-drug, especially when writing or working on long projects. It is also noted for providing somewhat more euphoria (hence the slang name U4Euh) than other stimulants such as caffeine or amphetamine. 4-methylaminorex use has never been particularly widespread and the material is rarely seen on the street market.

Dose #
    A standard dose of 4-methylaminorex seems to run between 10 and 25 mg regardless of ingestion method (oral, insufflated or smoked). Ingestion method primarily affects the duration of the experience with smoking providing the shortest duration and oral the longest.
    Price #
    Price Summary Needed.
    Law #
    4-methylaminorex is illegal to possess and sell in the United States (schedule I). It was scheduled in the U.S. in 1987.
    Chemistry #
    Chemistry Summary Needed.
    Pharmacology #
    Pharmacology Summary Needed.
    Production #
    Production Summary Needed.
    History #
    4-methylaminorex was first synthesized by George Poos in the early 1960s and was studied for its appetite suppressant effects. It gained some popularity for recreational use during the early 1980s and was emergency scheduled in 1987.
    Terminology / Slang #
    The Substance:Ice; Euphoria; U4Euh; Intellex; 4-MAR; U4EA; EU4EA.
    The Experience:No common terms known.
    EFFECTS #
    Effects Summary Needed.
    Onset #
    Onset depends on the method of ingestion. Onset after oral use can take up to 2 hours. Onset after insufflation takes approximately 30 minutes, while effects from smoking take 1-2 minutes.
    Duration #
    There is some discrepancy in the reported duration of 4-methylaminorex. Traditionally it has been described as a "long-lasting" stimulant which reported effects lasting 14-16 hours after oral use. Others describe the primary effects as lasting 4-6 hours with noticeable lingering effects lasting another 12-24. Dose and method of ingestion will significantly effect duration.
    Link - Erowid

Hope that answers some peoples answers about it so that we can stop arguing about the effects of it...

11. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    i for one can't even see why this topic is relevant.. 4-mar is next to nonexistant in todays world, and unless the cooks get a bit smarter, since the precursors are probably more available now than before (consider pseudoephedrine and p2p are hard to come by).... well you're not likely to see it anymore

12. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=Coolio;8437438]4-methylaminorex is shorter acting than methamphetamine...

Meth's half life vs. 4mar's half life. Who cares anyways, people react different to different substances.

13. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    From what i understand 4MAR is alot more mentally hektik in comparison to meth, and also lasts alot longer so alot more people loop it on 4MAR

And 4MAR is WAY easier to make because precursors are easy to get ahold of.
    Last edited by Mitchy=); 05-06-2010 at 23:48. Reason: edit

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by slipknot1 View Post
    shabu is what they call ice in asia, there is no cutters and it is pure methylamphetamine
    Shabu used to be pure methamphetamine. The Japanese military had stockpiles of meth left over from the second world war and the street name for that was 'shabu'. The Japanese banned meth in 1951, but it's production only went underground.

Today 'shabu' aka 'ya ba' is increasingly a mixture of methamphetamine and caffeine, especially in Thailand, Indonesia and the Phillipines.

I'm sure you can still get near pure meth sold as shabu, but it is less and less common now days.

I definitely would not say that it's pure methamphetamine with 'no cutters'

Ya ba aka shabu

Methamphetamine

15. Collapse Details

yaba is the only place where they have caffeine and meth pills, the other places it is all crystal

16. Collapse Details

thailand with yaba is the only place they add caffeine and make it pill form

17. Collapse Details

^ I have been lead to believe it goes on in numerous other South East Asian countries as well, I have never been though so who knows...

18. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    one of my mates told me of doing yaba in thailand... pretty scary ordeal really... doing meth in a SEA country

19. Collapse Details

^ Fucking oath! I am wary of travelling such places, when sober I would have the good sense to stay away but get a few drinks in me and I make bad decisions. Pretty much would avoid all places that have a similar approach to "the drug scourge" as Thailand as I really wouldn't trust myself to behave if oppurtunities presented themselves.

20. Collapse Details

And 4MAR is WAY easier to make because precursors are easy to get ahold of.
    For some reason I highly doubt that. Why don't we see more 4-MAR then?

21. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by slipknot1 View Post
    thailand with yaba is the only place they add caffeine and make it pill form
    I have seen caffeine/meth combo's sold all over SE Asia and their are numerous articles on it's use/abuse in these countries.

Where do you get this information?

Most of Thailand's yaba used to come from Burma which also exported to many other SE Asian countries. It is far from localized to Thailand, but it is probably most common in Thailand.

This illegal drug combination is especially popular in Thailand, where it is imported from neighboring Burma, Laos and Cambodia
    Ya ba aka shabu
    Last edited by PsiloSubNaut; 11-06-2010 at 05:57.

22. Collapse Details

the late 90s i always heard ppl call crystal 'shabu' then through the media it suddenly started getting the nick 'ice'
    i do recall one time i had 4mar about 2003 and been smoking for quite awhile with a heavy user, & all it did was make me feel really relaxed and happy. all the other times i supposely had 4mar was simular effects. didnt think too much of it cos at the time i was taking abit of methamphetamines and preferrwed that
    Last edited by OND43X; 11-06-2010 at 07:14.

23. Collapse Details

the late 90s i always heard ppl call crystal 'shabu' then through the media it suddenly started getting the nick 'ice'
    i do recall one time i had 4mar about 2003 and been smoking for quite awhile with a heavy user, & all it did was make me feel really relaxed and happy. all the other times i supposely had 4mar was simular effects. didnt think too much of it cos at the time i was taking abit of methamphetamines and preferrwed that
    Wasn't it harsh to smoke in the pipe?

24. Collapse Details

i do recall one time i had 4mar about 2003 and been smoking for quite awhile with a heavy user, & all it did was make me feel really relaxed and happy. all the other times i supposely had 4mar was simular effects. didnt think too much of it cos at the time i was taking abit of methamphetamines and preferrwed th
    Did you still get fat clouds like you do on methamp?

25. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Blonde View Post
    ^ I've heard Hawaiian Ice used as a name for a few things, like meth or a combo of meth and something else. I wonder what it originally referred to, Google doesn't turn up much.
    I have a friend from Hawaii who was really into meth for a while.
    She asked me if I had ever heard of Hawaii Ice before, I said I hadn't. She told me that it was very pure methamphetamine that had generally been coloured blue, sometimes other colours like pink.

Wasn't 4mar though. She had never seen it there before.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast