I have tried a number of administration routes over my relatively brief affair with this substance and for some reason I find that almost no matter the route, there is no rush, it always peaks at around 50 minutes to 1 hour after intake.
Here are my experiences:
1. oral - pill uncrushed / empty stomach: slow onset peak at around 1 hour.
2. oral - pill quartered / empty stomach: slow onset peak at around 1 hour.
3. oral - pill crushed and finely powdered, then dissolved in 20ml hot water and shaken for 5 minutes / empty stomach: slow onset peak at around 50 minutes.
4. nasal - pill crushed into fine powder and insufflated. Horribly bitter drip (not like an enjoyable coke or heroin drip. Unpleasant ammount of powder. Nothing special, the onset was very slightly more rapid than oral administration and I could tell that more of the drug was absorbed than usual but the peak still occurred at around 50 minutes.
5. plugged - pill crushed and finely powdered, then dissolved in 5ml hot water and shaken for 10 minutes: This is the only route I found to have somewhat of a rush, the onset was very rapid but still peaked at 50 minutes.
6. IV - yes I actually did use a micron filter and this was nothing to write home about either. The onset was rapid but I would not say it was much of a rush and definitely not worth the trouble and danger of shooting a pill. peak at 40 minutes or so.
So what is the deal with this near 1 hour minimum wait to peak? Is it better or worse with any other brands? What about crushing the XR beads? Is it all the same?