Bluelight

Thread: opiate rash?

1. Collapse Details
    opiate rash? 
    well it's not really a rash, but when i have a day of hard opiates (usually hydromorph or heroin,) the following day these white spots appear on my shoulder that look like my skin is actually peeling/dying/drying up. it's kinda gross. i'd imagine it has something to do with dehydration but i drink tons of water so idk what's up.

2. Collapse Details

Honestly that just sounds like dry skin, I have had a similar problem in the past.

However you can never be too safe, get it checked out by you Dr. at your next check-up or bring it up if it isn't present at the time.

3. Collapse Details

Yeah, that doesn't sound right man. By 'opiate rash' I thought you meant the red rash that appears around the injection site after a shot of good dope. I can't explain your listed symptoms in relation to opiates, though - and, what's more, I wouldn't trust anyone on the internet to make a diagnosis for you. That's certainly not what BL is here for... but if it *always* and *only* follows administration of opiates, you can correlate the two with a reasonable degree of certainty and do some research online using the keywords "opiate" (and/or "opioid") and "rash" or "skin/peeling" before deciding to pay for a doctor's visit.

For what it's worth, I've never heard of this happening as a result of using opiates.

~ vaya

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Vaya View Post
    Yeah, that doesn't sound right man. By 'opiate rash' I thought you meant the red rash that appears around the injection site after a shot of good dope. I can't explain your listed symptoms in relation to opiates, though - and, what's more, I wouldn't trust anyone on the internet to make a diagnosis for you. That's certainly not what BL is here for... but if it *always* and *only* follows administration of opiates, you can correlate the two with a reasonable degree of certainty and do some research online using the keywords "opiate" (and/or "opioid") and "rash" or "skin/peeling" before deciding to pay for a doctor's visit.

For what it's worth, I've never heard of this happening as a result of using opiates.

~ vaya
    I would follow this^^ advice.