Bluelight

Thread: Rights of methadone patients on clinics

1. Collapse Details
    Rights of methadone patients on clinics 
    Bluelighter
    Just wondering if any of you guys who have been on methadone clinics can explain to me how this works.........my friends tell me that you can not just get kicked off , but that if you are thrown off for breaking the clinic's rules, they have to medically detox you (meaning drop your dose every day until you are down to 0 )
    Now, my friends have said that the clinic they are on , you can fail many times for opiates , coke, etc, but if you fail too many times for benzos you can get kicked off..........or if you get caught selling a take home dose, or faking a urine you can get kicked off.........Does anyone know how most clinics work ? I am just worried because i got on a clinic that does not allow benzos but i have been on klonopin for a few months (i managed to get on dont ask how lol) anyway , they do random urines and i am wondering if they get me with a dirty for benzos, will they just tell me that as long as the level is lower next test that i am ok ? (because i must have a pretty high level of klonopin if ive been on 3 mg a day for a few months) if i could just stop it long enough to piss clean i would , but i cant get thru the withdrawal. The methadone is helping me , ive been on for 3 weeks and only did dope one time...........im up to 70 mg , they bring you up to 80 and stop.............But im nervous that if i cant get an OK from the clinic Dr to take my klonopin (which i doubt because they would probably want a release from my dr who gives it to me and he doesnt even know i had an opiate problem) what is going to happen ?

2. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    If you can't take benzos, then you can't take benzos. That's their rule, and they can make them how they see fit. They probably don't want people using both at the same time because of the risk for overdose.

They don't have to take or keep you as a patient if you're taking a med that is against their rules. IMO, I think it would be better to quit the benzos, especially if you're buying them off the street, in favor of staying with the methadone clinic.

3. Collapse Details

Jake. You've spent the past week trying to get around this dilemma. Why don't you try one of the 3 options you got:

- Tell your clonazepam doctor you go to a methadone clinic.
    - Tell the methadone clinic you're prescribed clonazepam.
    - Keep cheating the system until it catches up and you're forced to endure a combined opioid/benzo withdrawal.

Worst case scenario - you'll have to give up one or the other. Would you rather have a medically supervised detox, or a forced detox due to being discharged?

4. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Their clinic, their rules. That sounds trite but when you join their programme you agree to abide by the rules and how tolerant they are of you breaching those rules is going to vary from one place to the next.

That you've only been tested once since joining suggests that they're not going out of their way to catch people out, but their policy on dirty urines is something which should have been explained to you when you joined the programme. They may have a one strike rule or they may have stricter compliance measures (daily urines, no take aways, etc) if you test dirty.

Given that you're not willing to be open with the healthcare providers you currently have, it might be in your best interests to find a new doctor with whom you are willing to be totally honest and who can formulate a plan for getting you off opiates which takes into account your benzo use - but that's not going to work for you unless you're prepared to continue being honest with your physician about what's really happening with you and drugs.

5. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    yea gotcha

6. Collapse Details

I think you should probably tell them about it first. You know you're going to be tested and you know it's going to show up, so why not just get in there first and let them know the problem? They are there to help you, unless they are just complete assholes they should at least give you a second chance for your honesty. But if it shows up in the urine test without you saying anything first... that's gonna look bad for you, dude. Your choice.

7. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    If it is a private clinic (and nearly all of them all) they can do whatever they want.

They have policies you have to follow.

You more then likely signed off on these policies.

To know your individual clinics policies, you have to ask them. No one here is going to know.

Clinics are all different.

8. Collapse Details

^
    this is true.

what had been said is the best and most advice that can honestly be given.

i guess ill add that-
    seeing as how you just started the klonopin, this would be the best time to come off, and maybe start again later if you feel you need it.

be honest, maybe your doctor could refer you to a clinic/prescriber he already communicates with...