Bluelight

Thread: Air duster

1. Collapse Details
    Air duster 
    First i wanna say i have never and will never put this shit in my lungs. But i know people who do. My question is how much worse is this for a person then other drugs? H. Meth. etc. I always figured it was worse then most shit. Seein people talk to walls and people who are not there then drool all over themselves doesnt look fun.

2. Collapse Details

I did it once...wish I hadn't given into the pressure.

3. Collapse Details

huffing air duster is extremely harmful. seriously, everytime you do it you're risking your life. i rate inhalants(except nitrous which is actually not that harmful) as the stupidist, most dangerous way of getting high.

4. Collapse Details

I think the immediate risks of inhaling gas duster (it's not "air"; it contains chlorofluorocarbons) are greater than those of using heroin, methamphetamine, etc. These include sudden cardiac failure, arrhythmia, and possible damage to other internal organs. I also wouldn't be surprised if peripheral or CNS nerve damage could occur.

Nitrous oxide is a much, much safer (albeit less easily accessible) alternative, and probably a lot more fun too, though I can't speak from experience since I will never use other inhalants.

5. Collapse Details

I have been offered it so many times and i always tell um to shove it. My friends totaled out a car driving and doin it. My friend Paige was foamin from the mouth and went to the ER. It just doesnt sound fun. Is it true that you have a 75% of dying everytime you do it?

6. Collapse Details

I don't know if that exact percentage is correct, but the chances of dying from huffing gas duster seem to be high since chlorofluorocarbons are so hard on the heart.

7. Collapse Details

^ikkyu is right on in his posts.

While the 75% number is probably BS, abuse of volatile solvents is associated with sudden death, even in otherwise healthy young people. These substances interfere with the heart's rhythm, and can even cause it to stop altogether. There is no way to predict if this will happen. Aside from the risk of sudden death, volatile inhalants have been implicated with damage to other organs including the brain, lungs, kidneys and liver, and there is also the risks posed by frostbite, suffocation and injury due to accidents. Volatile inhalants seem much more risky than pretty much any other class of drugs, and they feel pretty awful anyway.

btw, the propellant in "duster" is usually 1,1-difluoroethane or 1,1,1-trifluoroethane.

8. Collapse Details

75 % chance of dieing is nonsense. Which doesn't mean huffing duster isn't retarded.

9. Collapse Details

air duster....... I've done it before. a coupe time actually but all out of stupid circumstances... I think it's really stupid..but the high is pretty intense......probably because of all the fucked up shit it's doing to your body

10. Collapse Details

That horrible headachey disoriented feeling you get when workign too closely with duster... you mean to say people do that to themselves ON PURPOSE!?

(i have, out of curiosity, inhaled a small amount of duster to confirm that it's that same nasty feeling). Very nasty feeling, it feels unhealthy, and i'm quite certain it is. Solvent abuse in general is a Bad Thing. High risk, shitty high, lasting sideffects. Unlike good drugs, which mainly effect a small selection of specific receptors, solvents (including duster) are not very selective, and make a mess everywhere.

Oh, and i've never seen 1,1,1-trifluroethane. 1,1,1,2-tetrafluroethane is pretty common - though it looks like the trifluroethane would be best as a duster, as it's got a lower boiling point (and hence probably higher vapor pressure, so you can get a stronger blast of gas out of it). I'd rather like some 1,1,1-trifluroethane duster, as the 1,1,1,2-tetrafluroethane ones get weak too quickly when they're not totally full (due to the contents being chilled through evaporative cooling -> lower vapor pressure). Once they're under half full, i can't get through a thorough laptop cleaning w/out a pause while the can warms back up. Yes, my laptop requires frequent dusting. My appartment is dusty, and it's an acer laptop so it overheats if it gets clogged up even a little.
    Last edited by TheAzo; 01-12-2010 at 05:26.

11. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    Solvents are bad shit! The last time I did it a double glazing salesman knocked, I chased him right down the road with no top or shoes on!
    I already have fucking double glazing!

12. Collapse Details

I don't have much hard evidence, other then the ingredients being extremely harmful for the body. However, I do have an anecdote. A chick from my hs died the first time she used it; that was sufficient enough discouragement to keep that shit away from my insides.