Bluelight

Thread: Hungry while on meth

1. Collapse Details
    Hungry while on meth 
    Star
    Is that normal? I snort it and a few hours later my stomach is growling! But I feel the effects, still super hyper and motivated doing school work. Lol. It's 9am and I didn't even sleep yet. I probably should soon though. -o-

2. Collapse Details

Even though the drugs, you can still read your body..

3. Collapse Details

Wait until your smoking entire grams just to keep the buzz going, and you barely remember what food even was. :P

4. Collapse Details

Yes, this can be common when using amphetamines. I personally experience similar reactions when I use d-amphetamine. I never used methamphetamine, but I would imagine since they are pretty similar the effect I get would be relevant. I believe it is most likely because amphetamine tend to speed up your body, including metabolism and you digestive tract. This is why often times amphetamines make me go to the bathroom numerous times. Also the sped up metabolism causes you to feel hungry. Even though you may not feel like eating, the stomach growls are do to your body simply being sped up due to stimulant use.

I would highly recommend trying to stay hydrated, and well nourished during bouts of meth/amphetamine usage. This will allow you to have a much more enjoyable experience and not have to worry about the nagging feeling in yoru stomach from being hungry.

It isn't anything to worry about, but surely is a common experience with people I know.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BrokedownPalace View Post
    It isn't anything to worry about, but surely is a common experience with people I know.
    Same here. I know a few people who when on cocaine or d-amp, will get hungry and eat just as they would normally. I can't do this, stimulants wreck my appetite, but now I'm starting to think this is more common that I previously thought. Can't relate to any meth experience, however, but hungry/eating on a stimulant in general.

6. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    I'd say its a good thing that you have any hunger at all while on methamphetamine.

Even with d-amphetamine, my sense of hunger is completely destroyed, like the other posters. I would come down, not having really ate anything for 12 hours, and feel that much worse.

You need to eat either way, be glad your body still knows this while you're on a powerful stimulant.

7. Collapse Details

After using any kind of amp regularly I get super hungry. Probably a metabolism thing.

8. Collapse Details

lucky you! I definitely wouldn't be complaining.
    I 'can' eat while on it and try to, but its quite a chore

9. Collapse Details

yes i get the speed munchies

i tend to eat a lot more than usual on meth

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Gormur View Post
    yes i get the speed munchies

i tend to eat a lot more than usual on meth
    Meth KILLS my appetite but when i get on a "good" "meth schedule" where i do some early in the morning then by night I am coming down and feeling the hunger creeping in I cook a bunch of food and eat a bunch of food at night then by the next morning shoot a nice shot or take a few big rips off the bubble. But usually I get a few grams or something and I dont sleep for the first 2-4 days before my body builds a little tolerance and i can start sleeping n stuff

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty_Diamonds View Post
    Is that normal? I snort it and a few hours later my stomach is growling! But I feel the effects, still super hyper and motivated doing school work. Lol. It's 9am and I didn't even sleep yet. I probably should soon though. -o-
    I don't think it's common but you're lucky your body works like this. I've never used meth but with other stimulants (MDMA, MDPV, amphetamine, and methylphenidate), I end up getting an empty feeling in my stomach that I know is supposed to be hunger but food is a pain to get down. It's annoying because I know my body needs food, but actually eating the food is quite difficult.

12. Collapse Details

It likely has something to do with individual metabolism. I have a fast metabolism which seems to go into overdrive on stims..... can eat till my heart's content and never feel full

13. Collapse Details

Good to know guys! Thank you!! =]

14. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I have two things to add!
    -First, this started happening to me a 2-3 months after I started.

-Two, are you sure you're not thirsty? Meth is infamous for dehydrating, when you're
    Dehydrated, your body will sometimes read it as your hungry. Try drinking more water, that is if you're not already. Don't stop eating though!
    Eating is good. =)

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mr-Tambourine-Man View Post
    After using any kind of amp regularly I get super hungry. Probably a metabolism thing.
    so it does speed up your metabolism?
    im always hungry after the amp has worn off.

16. Collapse Details

Everytime I do meth my appetite is gone! Shit your a lucky guy.

17. Collapse Details

I wished with all my heart that we could just...leave this world behind. Rise like two angels in the night and magically...disappear.
    I have gotten hungry on meth in the past, it's not abnormal. You should still eat on the drug for best effects.

18. Collapse Details

I get hungry! Everyone will look at me like i'm crazy because i'll be hitting the pipe while chowin' down on a burger between hits. It mostly happens in the evening if I hadn't eaten breakfast that morning. I don't mind it much, I mean obviously my body trying to inform me of something, plus I find the high to generally be better on a full stomach. This way I get way less headaches, dizzy spells, and feeling faint.