Bluelight

Synthetic Cannabinoids Study

Thread: Pet Peeves v. u mad?

Page 2 of 83 FirstFirst 123456122252 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 2055
  1. Collapse Details
     
    #26
    Bluelight Crew Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    6,944
    ^ One of the biggest rules of YouTube (IMO at least) is to never read the comments. Ever. It's just not worth it.

    I've gotten soft lately, haven't been peeving much. The big one remains motorists who, inadvertently or otherwise, try to kill me while I'm on my bike. Nearly being killed because some ignorant tank-driving suburbanite decides that their need to turn right, right fucking now, while I'm going straight through an intersection, trumps my need to keep breathing/maintaining use of my body below the chin... yeah, I guess that's a peeve.
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #27
    when on any kind of social thing (IM, IRC, tinychat, etc.) and someone says goodbye and leaves before anyone else can say bye. kinda silly, but it's a peeve
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #28
    Bluelighter Keaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    P.S. 118
    Posts
    15,987
    I cant stand when people pull around other cars at the gas station. That sort of impatience bugs me to no end.
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #29
    Bluelight Crew addictivepersona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Buffalove
    Posts
    4,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Assphace View Post
    when on any kind of social thing (IM, IRC, tinychat, etc.) and someone says goodbye and leaves before anyone else can say bye. kinda silly, but it's a peeve
    Would you rather they just left / signed off? Sometimes there isn't time to say more than "Gotta go!" before you have to leave.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    The big one remains motorists who, inadvertently or otherwise, try to kill me while I'm on my bike. Nearly being killed because some ignorant tank-driving suburbanite decides that their need to turn right, right fucking now, while I'm going straight through an intersection, trumps my need to keep breathing/maintaining use of my body below the chin... yeah, I guess that's a peeve.
    Yeahhh... Or the people who don't use their blinker at all, so you're going straight as they are and then decide to turn. Though I guess that's kind of the same situation. At least you or I haven't been hit yet (though I was hit by a car pulling out of a drive thru... hit and run for the record ): I know someone who recently got hit. She's okay thankfully, minus some bumps and bruises--But her bike needs new rims, unfortunately.
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #30
    Bluelight Crew Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    6,944
    I'm actually considering getting a helmet cam, so that I could, at the very least, easily get license plate numbers-- if not actual evidence of reckless driving. It's not the way to foster a friendly cyclist/motorist relationship, but I'd rather that then wind up being hit.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #31
    Bluelight Crew addictivepersona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Buffalove
    Posts
    4,313
    That's a good idea, Dave, esp. if you're ever hit and it's a hit and run. Though hopefully that never happens!

    My current peeve is things breaking from not being used for years and suddenly being used. Then people blaming you for being "too rough with it."
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #32
    Bluelighter Keaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    P.S. 118
    Posts
    15,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I'm actually considering getting a helmet cam, so that I could, at the very least, easily get license plate numbers-- if not actual evidence of reckless driving. It's not the way to foster a friendly cyclist/motorist relationship, but I'd rather that then wind up being hit.
    I run those guys over all the time. You get combo points if you knock them into each other.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #33
    one of my latest peeves is that my bf NEVER puts the toilet seat back down. i know its fucking dumb, but i have casually asked him nicely more than a few times to stop doing that. also, he has completely lost any sort of manners towards me. i like a gentleman, i think its pretty f'in awesome when a man will open a door for me, tell me i look good, serve me my food first (he pretty much just serves himself then starts eating and ignores me), do little nice things for me like i do for him, etc. ugh. i try to make hints by doing all of these things for him on a daily basis but i guess he just doesnt even notice?

    so tl;dr... lack of gentlemanly manners!!
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #34
    Bluelighter cutecute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    cave
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighter View Post
    one of my latest peeves is that my bf NEVER puts the toilet seat back down. i know its fucking dumb, but i have casually asked him nicely more than a few times to stop doing that. also, he has completely lost any sort of manners towards me. i like a gentleman, i think its pretty f'in awesome when a man will open a door for me, tell me i look good, serve me my food first (he pretty much just serves himself then starts eating and ignores me), do little nice things for me like i do for him, etc. ugh. i try to make hints by doing all of these things for him on a daily basis but i guess he just doesnt even notice?

    so tl;dr... lack of gentlemanly manners!!
    good thing you did the test drive living with him to see if he was a piece of shit/a selfish child.

    he is.

    so dump his ass! congrats your life isn't ruined and you don't have to pay for a divorce.
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #35
    lol! we dont even live together! but we do spend a lot of time at each others places. ugh it sucks dude cuz im so torn right now.
    Reply With Quote
     

  11. Collapse Details
     
    #36
    Bluelighter cutecute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    cave
    Posts
    320
    i've been in a similar situation and it's true that you shouldn't try to change someone. especially by attempting to accelerate their maturation to an adult. never works, especially if you stay with them while you're trying to do this which gives them no incentive whatsoever to change.
    Reply With Quote
     

  12. Collapse Details
     
    #37
    Bluelighter dropthatpickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    upstairs
    Posts
    292
    Middle finger
    [QUOTE=voxmystic;9694367]Unless it's a kickass new rc, or human flesh, I give a crap not! I find it particularly irritating when they post a picture of their plate. Posting lyrics to songs they didn't write is also pretty damn lame. The food is definitely the worst, though.[/QU That's hilarious. Ew. I freak out on drivers who turn left in front of me when I'm walking and have the right of way. Seriously.!?
    Reply With Quote
     

  13. Collapse Details
     
    #38
    Bluelight Crew
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    on a cloud in a rainbow :D
    Posts
    7,190
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighter View Post
    one of my latest peeves is that my bf NEVER puts the toilet seat back down. i know its fucking dumb, but i have casually asked him nicely more than a few times to stop doing that. also, he has completely lost any sort of manners towards me. i like a gentleman, i think its pretty f'in awesome when a man will open a door for me, tell me i look good, serve me my food first (he pretty much just serves himself then starts eating and ignores me), do little nice things for me like i do for him, etc. ugh. i try to make hints by doing all of these things for him on a daily basis but i guess he just doesnt even notice?

    so tl;dr... lack of gentlemanly manners!!
    Sounds like he's got you right trained!
    Reply With Quote
     

  14. Collapse Details
     
    #39
    Bluelight Crew michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    up on the hill where they do do the boogie
    Posts
    20,207
    people who don't mind their own freaking business.
    Reply With Quote
     

  15. Collapse Details
     
    #40
    Bluelight Crew Damien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    714, CA, USA
    Posts
    16,054
    It annoys me when after having left my gum in my hot car the paper won't come off the gum completely.
    Reply With Quote
     

  16. Collapse Details
     
    #41
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    In the Zone
    Posts
    576
    Awful drivers plus the lack of a missile launcher on my vehicle.
    I too am a grammar nazi...

    The pharmacy being out of something. I mean seriously....ALL of the pharmacies in town were out of generic 30 mg Adderall IR last week, had all of the other dosages, but not that.
    Reply With Quote
     

  17. Collapse Details
     
    #42
    Bluelight Crew Asclepius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    4,065
    Trained Monkey's who work in Mobile- Phone Franchise's- If I ask you a question about the device, just tell me straight, don't go back over all the Jargon you learnt on training day- You are not being recorded and your Boss is not around; so just give me, in plain and simple English, the answer to what I requested Goddamnit!!!
    Reply With Quote
     

  18. Collapse Details
     
    #43
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighter View Post
    one of my latest peeves is that my bf NEVER puts the toilet seat back down. i know its fucking dumb, but i have casually asked him nicely more than a few times to stop doing that.
    I'm kinda weird about little things like that so you're not alone, fwiw.

    Also, it annoys me when people don't acknowledge me whenever I open the door for them. No need for a "thanks", just a simple nod, or hell, a look in my direction would suffice. I'm not the doorman, pal.
    Reply With Quote
     

  19. Collapse Details
     
    #44
    Bluelighter Keaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    P.S. 118
    Posts
    15,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    I'm kinda weird about little things like that so you're not alone, fwiw.

    Also, it annoys me when people don't acknowledge me whenever I open the door for them. No need for a "thanks", just a simple nod, or hell, a look in my direction would suffice. I'm not the doorman.
    I work in the hospitality industry, and yea, this pretty much annoys the fuck outta me too.
    Reply With Quote
     

  20. Collapse Details
     
    #45
    Bluelight Crew AmorRoark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    way over yonder in the minor key
    Posts
    21,620
    ^ Agreed. I very, very rarely come across someone who does not thank me for doing them this service. Likewise, it is rare that someone doesn't hold the door open for me when I'm close enough (and of course I thank them). Ah, Midwestern America.
    Reply With Quote
     

  21. Collapse Details
     
    #46
    Bluelighter Thou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Seeking Attonement
    Posts
    10,826
    Talking
    "Have you ever noticed that anyone driving slower than you is an IDIOT...




    And anyone driving faster than you is a MANIAC?!"




    It's a wonder we get anywhere at all with all the idiots and maniacs floating around!




    I know certainly nobody is driving at MY speed...
    Reply With Quote
     

  22. Collapse Details
     
    #47
    Bluelighter SinisterMuffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lost in the stars.
    Posts
    635
    I'm not even a waitress anymore, but when people don't tip at least 15% for good service at a decent restaurant (meals normally cost upwards of $20 per person) it really kills me. It should be common courtesy!

    Also, when people spell "y'all" as "ya'll." NO! Nononononono! It is YOU + ALL - OU. Contractions! That's elementary English. ><
    Reply With Quote
     

  23. Collapse Details
     
    #48
    Bluelighter voxmystic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Last Frontier
    Posts
    923
    WHY couldn't I have been born just a few hundred miles further south where they speak, read, and write a phonetically consistent freakin' language??!! English sucks butt! There is NO justification for putting our children through this torture! My (very bright in all other areas) little girl is struggling with reading. I'm beginning to suspect she may be mildly dyslexic. This stupid fucking illogical, inconsistent, shite language doesn't help her one tiny bit!

    I wonder if there is any sort of movement out there in favor of keeping the spoken language as is, but reassigning spelling so that it makes some damn sense, e.g. "was" to "wuz"? If not, I wonder how I can start one?
    Reply With Quote
     

  24. Collapse Details
     
    #49
    Bluelight Crew Kenickie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    House of Gaunt
    Posts
    13,893
    i hate it when i have to edit song/artist/whatever info on iTunes. what the fuck iTunes.

    eta: ESPECIALLY when it's a hip hop mixtape which iTunes doesn't understand that there are a million features, no, i know you can't find album art for it because it's a mixtape from a fucking GAS STATION just calm your tits iTunes and let me enter it all by hand.
    Last edited by Kenickie; 10-06-2011 at 21:10.
    Reply With Quote
     

  25. Collapse Details
     
    #50
    Bluelighter SinisterMuffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lost in the stars.
    Posts
    635
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenickie View Post
    i hate it when i have to edit song/artist/whatever info on iTunes. what the fuck iTunes.

    eta: ESPECIALLY when it's a hip hop mixtape which iTunes doesn't understand that there are a million features, no, i know you can't find album art for it because it's a mixtape from a fucking GAS STATION just calm your tits iTunes and let me enter it all by hand.
    This. iTunes is so annoying to me... Yet I still use it for some reason. -_-


    Also, I can't stand parents who don't watch their children/let their children do whatever the heck they want while out in public. And on the subject of parents, I also hate when parents smoke around their kids/babies. Bothers the crap out of me...
    Reply With Quote
     

Page 2 of 83 FirstFirst 123456122252 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •