Bluelight

Thread: Pet Peeves v. u mad?

Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 326272787980818283 LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2055
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by socko View Post
    hahah. I used to do this to an x-gf because she was trying to make me sit on the ring to pee.

2. Collapse Details

Current Events and Politics
    Shielding off the weakening beams of salvation shining upon the mournful gloom of Earth
    That one makes me mad, especially at checkout counters. The other day, an old lady who was being rung up held up a long line by telling her life story to the clerk.
    I hate the inverse of that I guess. Where I usually get petrol there's this chick that works there and just rattles on and on about occurrences in the very recent past that are totally incomprehensible and utterly meaningless to me, yet she does it even if there is a line of people. I've been walking out the fucking door and she is still telling me something. I get that she is being friendly and is probably bored shitless, but it actually feels totally impersonal and I am very very rarely up for making small talk with a stranger at 7.30am. Just let me pay for my fuel and go.

Another guy that works at this place gets really offended when he suggests you buy something else and you refuse. He acts like you have told him to go fuck himself. Again, he's just doing his job and making an effort, but please don't be surprised when I choose not to spend money on something simply because you think I should.

Shit, I'm turning into a total grumpy asshole.

3. Collapse Details

-my over-use of hyphens and poor grammar when posting on bluelight.

-people who hold irrational and paranoid assumptions against me.

4. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    People who insist upon adding an "s" to the word "mine" when denoting possession. As in "that's mines!" It's like nails on a chalkboard.

On the same note, having someone constantly make an "mm hm" noise the entire time someone is making a presentation. I kid you not...after every sentence of a 45 minute presentation. This was a work related seminar, and a co-worker and I were about to choke the offending party...I think only knowing someone else felt exactly the same way as I did made me refrain ....

5. Collapse Details

^I went on a date with somebody who was doing the "mmm hmmm." It upset me so much I jumped off the train at a random stop 10 km from home.

6. Collapse Details

Speaking. I have an accent. I can't open my mouth in this state without comments, stupid jokes, people quizzing me. I want to pay for groceries not be interrogated by a Wal-Mart check out person. I hate it. I might stop speaking.

7. Collapse Details

^ Your written English is fine, I don't know why you'd have any troubles face-to-face? What is your ethnicity if you don't mind sharing?

~~~

Being micromanaged at work. Like, I wish my boss would just tell me my bloody job function, and leave me to my own devices to figure out how to do that, rather than prescribing a particular routine (telling me to do X for the first hour, Y for the second, forcing me to take my break at exactly 10:00 A.M., etc.).

Can also apply to schools / professors micromanaging my studies.

8. Collapse Details

My spoken English is also fine, I just sound strongly unamerican. People are overly curious which becomes rude. I literally cannot open my mouth without being asked where I'm from, why I'm in this country/state...as nauseum. I'm white French. It's beyond irritating and reduces me to tears. I just want to be left alone, not interrogated.

9. Collapse Details

^nice username.

10. Collapse Details

Thanks hydro! Nice avatar, freaked me out when I realized she was actually blinking..

Seriously, if anyone talks to a polite but accented female, please don't ask why, where, how, and get her to say various words for your entertainment. I seriously am considering going mute. I don't care if they think in sound nice, I just want to be unharrassed!

11. Collapse Details

When I'm on youtube and click on a video and then quickly notice another video that looks more interesting. Hit the back button and it isn't there anymore. It happens every time and it's really annoys the crap out of me.

12. Collapse Details

Do they ever ask you to say something like "a sheet of paper" or "sheet?" It' s not nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by I.miss.you.phoria View Post
    My spoken English is also fine, I just sound strongly unamerican. People are overly curious which becomes rude. I literally cannot open my mouth without being asked where I'm from, why I'm in this country/state...as nauseum. I'm white French. It's beyond irritating and reduces me to tears. I just want to be left alone, not interrogated.

13. Collapse Details

My breakfast is straight out the medicine cabinet
    Quote Originally Posted by sarcophagus.heels View Post
    The sound of people cracking their bones is really jarring to me....especially when people crack their necks or their spines....I always feel like they're one wrong move from accidentally killing themselves. But mainly, the sound itself is just really unsettling to me.
    Yes, this makes me cringe as well!

14. Collapse Details

European and African Drug Discussion
    Life Advice & Visual Arts
    Eeep I crack my neck all the time

15. Collapse Details

I don't like people saying "retire" to mean "go to sleep."

16. Collapse Details

Shielding off the weakening beams of salvation shining upon the mournful gloom of Earth
    I hate when people say "bless you" after sneezing. A, I'm not communicating, there is no need to 'reply' to me and, B, my soul is not going to exit my nostrils. I don't really require any reaction to my nasal cavity clearing itself.

17. Collapse Details

Slow Walkers! Or people that occupy the center of the grocery store Isle when they see someone they know.

If you had that much to say you'd stay in better contact. Say hi and move it along....

Okay, my pp turned into a rant. I have no regrets!

18. Collapse Details

^ I hate people who don't leave room for walkers on escalators. Even worse, they act all annoyed, or just simply don't take the hint and move aside, when I walk right up to them and indicate that I want to get past. Life if way too short to stand on escalators.

19. Collapse Details

^^right^^

Imo escalators are to make walking up stairs faster!

20. Collapse Details

Really hate the single text message spread over fucking five!! Just send one or call you prick.

21. Collapse Details

People who sit like pricks in public places. They lean all over the place, move around, put their feet up, spread their legs too far, sit too close or face you when they should be the bar.

22. Collapse Details

I was thinking about a sunset when it happened. Maybe that's the problem.

23. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Director of Communications
    ...face you when they should be the bar.
    what does "be the bar" mean?

alasdair

24. Collapse Details

It sounds very Zen

I think he meant 'facing' the bar.

I hate people that stand and wait for you to finish a phonecall. Rude as fuck. I stare back.
    Last edited by swilow; 21-01-2017 at 03:15. Reason: added hate

25. Collapse Details

People that whip out a thick envelope of coupons when they it's their turn to pay at the grocery store checkout...

" Wait a minute, don't you take double coupons on ******, the add said you take double coupons and the manager said last week blah, blah, blah"

Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 326272787980818283 LastLast