Bluelight

Thread: Pet Peeves v. u mad?

Page 1 of 83 12345112151 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Pet Peeves v. u mad? 
    Angry
    this thread is for pet peeves (aka minor complaints) for the purpose of discussion. as it is written in the *UPDATED July 2010* Second Opinion Forum Guidelines absolutely no long-winded ranting or venting will be tolerated. we want tight, succinctly written peeves. and as always, please be kind!

Last edited by Kenickie; 30-05-2011 at 16:29.

2. Collapse Details

Bluelight Crew addictivepersona's Avatar
    I dislike when mods close threads because they reached 1000+ and don't post the link to the new one. :P

3. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Director of Communications
    i think the english language is a beautiful thing so i hate to see poor spelling, grammar, punctuation and usage.

on top of the obvious errors people make (e.g. they're , there, their) it's always shocking to see how many people don't know how to use an apostrophe. even more bizarre, i'll see people write something like "the mods on this site are nazi's - they close posts all the time."

i can understand that some people just have no idea what an apostrophe is for but how could anybody think - incorrectly - that "nazi's" needs an apostrophe but then use "mods" and "posts" correctly?

alasdair

4. Collapse Details

I'm the same way with grammar. The language is one of the few things us humans have yet to destroy, at least officially. We'll see in ten years when authors will get away with using "txtspeak" in published works. I'm guilty of the occasional slip-up now and then, but for the most part I put the extra time and effort into assuring all of my words are spelled correctly. Cassadaga spelling champ 7 weeks running.

People who think that there's nothing better than owning a pit bull.

We get it. You're a fucking badass. Nothing original about you.

Move along.

5. Collapse Details

up on the hill where they do do the boogie
    this heat is making some of my garden wilt. i'm not sure that all of my plants (which had been doing great) will survive.

6. Collapse Details

You were right. My compulsion to bitch overrode my distaste for searching out the new thread, so here goes: It quite annoys me when people on Facebook post what they're eating. Unless it's a kickass new rc, or human flesh, I give a crap not! I find it particularly irritating when they post a picture of their plate. Posting lyrics to songs they didn't write is also pretty damn lame. The food is definitely the worst, though.

7. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by voxmystic View Post
    Unless it's a kickass new rc, or human flesh, I give a crap not!
    that's awesome.

alasdair

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by alasdairm View Post
    i think the english language is a beautiful thing so i hate to see poor spelling, grammar, punctuation and usage.

on top of the obvious errors people make (e.g. they're , there, their) it's always shocking to see how many people don't know how to use an apostrophe. even more bizarre, i'll see people write something like "the mods on this site are nazi's - they close posts all the time."

i can understand that some people just have no idea what an apostrophe is for but how could anybody think - incorrectly - that "nazi's" needs an apostrophe but then use "mods" and "posts" correctly?

alasdair
    Your lack of capitals makes my dick hard.

9. Collapse Details

Administrator
    it's called hypocrisy

i think it looks better.

alasdair

10. Collapse Details

I Object. Capitals Are An Essential Part Of The Language.

11. Collapse Details

meh, capitals

and punctuation

12. Collapse Details

i think it looks better.
    i concur.

pet peeve, let's see... when people don't take responsibility for their own happiness or base their self-worth on the sympathy they receive from others. i'm here for anyone that wants to talk that's going through a tough time but if complaining about the injustices you've been dealt is all you're willing to do, i can only take so much!

13. Collapse Details

alasdair
    I agree! On here, while I find it irksome (I guess I just don't get the logic some people apply to using apostrophes when the word is a plural. I have to stop myself from replying with *to use your example* "nazi's what?" ). What really grinds my gears is when I see it on store signs - mango's, tomato's, Friday's. For example:

An example of perfectly acceptable graffiti:

My peeve today is Melbourne drivers. I know i'm generalising here, however it seems to be common practice to continue driving through an intersection even when they can see that in doing so, they'll block it, subsequently causing the other flow of traffic to stop. I can't begin to explain how annoying this is, and makes me rage out in the car. I haven't experienced this in Brisbane so much, or Sydney, but down here, bloody hell.

14. Collapse Details

Bluelight Crew
    People chewing super loudly with their mouth open. Chomp slursh chomp blurhsgh chomp.

Its not the mouth open so much as the huge fucking horse teeth wet noises.

15. Collapse Details

up on the hill where they do do the boogie
    i bought a kindle book earlier via the web. i went to check to see if i had a gift card balance left and then had to log in...but i didn't have to log in to actually buy something? fuck that.

16. Collapse Details

chronic mispronouncers, lazy texters, and dirty plates left on the counter next to the dishwasher.

17. Collapse Details

People who tell me to call them back in half an hour and then a) do not answer or b) answer and tell me to call them back in half an hour again.

Either fucking make good on your word, b) tell me the actual time you need before I call back or c) tell me to call you tomorrow.

18. Collapse Details

The sound of people cracking their bones is really jarring to me....especially when people crack their necks or their spines....I always feel like they're one wrong move from accidentally killing themselves. But mainly, the sound itself is just really unsettling to me.

19. Collapse Details

It's bugging me that the name Nike isn't in the title somewhere.
    /peeving

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by sarcophagus.heels View Post
    The sound of people cracking their bones is really jarring to me....especially when people crack their necks or their spines....I always feel like they're one wrong move from accidentally killing themselves. But mainly, the sound itself is just really unsettling to me.
    Oh man, this post just gave me the urge to crack my knuckles. Even the sheer reminder of it (for example, seeing someone else crack their knuckles) makes me want to do it.

21. Collapse Details

facebook tiffs! not with my actual friends, but the fights you get in with some girl you had anatomy with in high school, who you haven't spoken to in five years, and one of her twat friends makes a sexist racist comment to you with your true blood (white) avatar thinking you find it hilarious, then you spend half an hour reaming them, and then random anatomy five years ago classmate just deletes you, instead of her twat of a friend.

22. Collapse Details

dirty ears.

some people literally have blackheads (in the ear, how does that happen?) and ear wax sculptures that you can see when casually sitting next to them and minding your own fucking business. gag.dry heave.

23. Collapse Details

Bluelight Crew addictivepersona's Avatar
    People who write/say "my" in front of things that really don't need a personal pronoun. "I took my Paxil this morning" for example--Doesn't "I took Paxil this morning" suffice? I mean, unless you have a friend who has a bottle and you want to specify that you took some from your bottle and not theirs.

24. Collapse Details

I know this has been said by others in past peeves thread but I have to say it again. When people you know come up to you in the gym and talk to you for 20+ minutes while you're actually working out... especially when they're talking about shit that's stressing you out (here it's grades and moving). What the fuck? I come here to get away from my thoughts and actually work out. Stop standing next to my machine and bothering me with your chatter. If you want to talk to me in length talk to me elsewhere.

25. Collapse Details

i fucking hate dickheads who comment on youtube vids things like "thumbs up if mariƩ digby sent you here! "

i want to beat them so bad , it's runied youtube to an extent imho.

Page 1 of 83 12345112151 ... LastLast