Bluelight

Thread: Contributing to the Bluelight Wiki

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details

Thanks, BL! Ima get on that now.... How very observent!!

2. Collapse Details

So I was talking with bronson today about parallel isms between the BL Wiki and the Ambassadot Program; specifically, we were talking about potential incentives for members who wish to be a contributive force on behalf of the a Wiki.

I know such members exist, and I'm confident that we can recruit more.

If you've got some spare time, please read the following article, as it expresses some of the thoughts I've been having with respect to actually making this concept actionable:

Encouraging Contributions to Online Communities with Personalization and Incentives

Specifically, I was thinking about developing some sort of customized title for especially prominent contributors; additionally, bronson made the sage suggestion that we might, in a sense, revamp the currently-complicated procedure by which people now have to make their informational contributions.

The idea we were rolling about was that those users we deem substantial contributors can apply for permissions to be given on the Wiki page itself, so that we can A.) Be sure that these specific users will be contributing material without having to post it in the Wiki forum first, get my approval, then have me go ahead and transcribe it into MediaWiki format and then post it to the Wiki itself, and B.) doing so will provide here users with a heightened sense of participation for their contribution instead of a small 'thanks to [insert name here]' at the end of the document.

I'm going to post this in MPC, too; I'd love to hear any body's thoughts, additions & extrapolations so that we can get this under way. The Wiki has essentially been defunct since tambourine-man shut down new user account registrations in lieu of the volume of spam we were getting on the site.

I'd love to see it up and running once more, and hope that other staff will join me in making this a reality!

~ Vaya

3. Collapse Details

^
    What's the Ambassadot Program?

I hope you guys work something out. It would be nice to be able to post directly on there.

EDIT: My thoughts on titles: if they're a prize, it might be good to let people pick their own, so long as they don't conflict with any other "ranks" like Administrator. Maybe they could be drawn in various colors like gold and silver, with each indicating a different level of contribution.
    Last edited by HCL; 21-04-2014 at 21:19.

4. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    From the little I have seen of the forum and the wiki (though the instant comment deals mainly with the wiki) the culture of control is strong. This bodes ill for a wiki project. The good intentions of the leadership will likely go for nought if control is not loosed.

One cannot even register as an editor!
    With all the great gadgets in the tool chest of mediawiki, surely you could at least be as open as, say, Conservapedia, fer chrissakes!

5. Collapse Details

4f-bf is illegal in the U.S. But wiki states otherwise. Im new to this forum, however, I'm quite knowledgeable in other regards. Considering its molecular structure, isn't it illegal without even considering the analogue act. please correct me if im wrong

6. Collapse Details

It's not specifically scheduled, though numerous other analogues of fentanyl are. We can't really consider the analogue act when talking about legality, as any recreational drug is potentially illegal under it, depending on the assessment of whatever judge in the according trial.

ebola

7. Collapse Details

dawdling between floors in flouncy dresses
    Hey guys and gals, I wasn't sure where to report this, but go to the Bluelight User Titles Page and check out where the link for Enlighten leads; I think that link needs an update.

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by satya View Post
    Hey guys and gals, I wasn't sure where to report this, but go to the Bluelight User Titles Page and check out where the link for Enlighten leads; I think that link needs an update.

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.
    I dunno, it was helpful in determining whether breast augmentation was right for me.

9. Collapse Details

Lol lolwhatzdrugs!

10. Collapse Details

Hey- I would like to make a wiki page on the following subjects and wanted to know if this was alright:
    -Hep C
    -The Use of Deep Veins, Brachial, Femoral (also would probably include Jugular though it's also accessible on the surface), and the dangers of their use DVT's etc, along with proper procedure. This would include several links, I know a lot of people at least two years back found this subject to be kind of controversial but my counter argument would be isn't this what bluelight and harm reduction are all about? People are going to engage in risky behavior so shouldn't they be educated on how to do these things the safest way possible, and shouldn't that information be accessible through bluelight? I understand some might say that putting that information out there is encouraging or might encourage some to start injecting into deep veins, but my counter argument is that while this may be true, people are going to do it anyway, it's the nature of a heroin addict to do so, and instead of learning safe technique from a respectable harm reduction organization, they're going to learn to do so from another user who probably doesn't care too much or doesn't know what they're doing, or if they do care and do know how to do it right, they might not know the risks of doing it. Obviously if the resulting thread was not satisfactory it wouldn't be published but I'd like the chance to try and tackle this topic, I'd include diagrams and most likely video links as well.

BTW the wiki is looking REALLY good compared to the last time I checked up on it.

11. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    The more I explore Bluelight, the more I know I'm in the right place.
    And I've only just found it.

12. Collapse Details

The Lounge
    I went to go check the Wiki links for blueght, and all i'm getting is a title and no content.

Can any one else confirm? See Wiki link at the top & BLUA in my sig
    http://wiki.bluelight.org/index.php/Main_Page

13. Collapse Details

Hi, I am new here, and have yet to find my way around the site....Therefore I will have to post here, hoping someone will pick upon it....A BIG HELLO TO YOU ALL.

14. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    Hello to you, I am new and have-no clue about how yo post and skin questions or just post. Ughhh u r not alone my friend.

15. Collapse Details

Ok, so a year after BP's post and things seem the same, and there isn't even a page for methamphetamine.

This is the sort of boring shit I'm good at, and I have ample free time. I'm happy to go in there and do stuff, as long as it will be used for something. So is there a current status on the Wiki? Is it dead or just dying or just gathering dust after some other site drama?

16. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Recovery Support
    No site drama, just a lack of hands (eyes, minds etc). We are in the process right now of trying to figure out what to do about it so good timing. I will send you a PM shortly!

17. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    How is there no opium wiki?

18. Collapse Details

Excuse me, wiener dog, you're on my turf over here. Herbavore's handle does not refer to her diet. She is quite carnivorous.

19. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    All the best women are.

I guess that was my way of offering to write it, since I'm feeling a distinct lack of appreciation for things I do at that "other" place...

20. Collapse Details

passive-aggresive encylopedic articulation of popaver somniferum?

There's no meth entry either. I believe the wiki is on total hold for the forseeable future.

21. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    Darn.

Passive aggressively reciting arcane facts about our drug of choice is the only means of venting frustration that some of us have.

22. Collapse Details

there are worse ways.

just start an FAQ thread, it'll get stickied, you become immortal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12