Bluelight

Thread: hydrocodone and kratom

1. Collapse Details
    hydrocodone and kratom 
    I have extensive experience with both of these substances. Kratom has been a life saver for me since I quit opiates a year ago. I have used hydrocodone maybe 3 times in the last 6 months. That's the extent of my opioid abuse. My normal dose used to be 30 mg to get me where I wanted.
    my kratom dosages differ depending on what strain/batch.
    I am in possession of 1 7.5 mg Vicodin. I was wondering if taking this with my normal dose of red vein kratom would cause any more effects? I Toss and wash my kratom.
    Also should I take the Vicodin before or after the kratom?

2. Collapse Details

I was just thinking the same thing! I haven't used Hydro in months, used to use 60-80mg/day for 7 months, but I've just been prescribed some, so I'm thinking if I should use it with the Kratom, my opioid of choice.

From what I've read, most say they potentiate eachother if you plan them out well, which means that they peak at the same time. Hydro peaks in about an hour. Kratom, 45min - 1.5 hr depending on the type of leaf, how finely it's ground, etc.

Others say that the antagonists in Kratom occupy opioid receptors, and the hydro is wasted.

In my opinion, you've stayed away from hydro for so long, why not just stay away completely. I mean, you can bust in half and take it with your K, but even 7.5mg with some K can give you a tease of true opiate euphoria again, and before you know it you're chasing the high, strung out on hydro.

What I was thinking was cutting my Norco 10mg in to 4 pieces, and mixing 2.5mg-5mg crushed with a little bit of K, I just want a little boost, I don't want to feel the hydro at all. Or maybe I should take my own advice?
    Last edited by ErgicMergic; 22-12-2011 at 11:37.

3. Collapse Details

I to was wondering the same thing, but instead of adding hydrocodone to the mix i'd end up adding methadone. Not to sure if i'd be able to feel both or the methadone is to strong for me to notice any of the kratom effects. Since kratom isnt a central nervous system depressant then i wont have any problems mixing the two.

4. Collapse Details

Used to have good results mixing 15% Kratom Extract with Poppy Tea.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by D's View Post
    I to was wondering the same thing, but instead of adding hydrocodone to the mix i'd end up adding methadone. Not to sure if i'd be able to feel both or the methadone is to strong for me to notice any of the kratom effects. Since kratom isnt a central nervous system depressant then i wont have any problems mixing the two.
    Kratom certainly does have CNS depressant effects.

Anyway, you should be fine mixing Kratom and hydrocodone, and in a low dose it should boost it well enough without 'over-riding' it so to speak. Of course going overboard with either is going be a bad idea, but if you take it slow and keep it low I don't see why you would have any serious issues.