Bluelight

Thread: New Powerful Painkiller Has Drug Abuse Experts Worried

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    how can hydrocodone be the 2nd most abused drug in the united states? in North east TN we get subs if blues are unavailable

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Lolufarted View Post
    this new Power Pill(Zohydro).
    I thought the FDA killed it.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 23536 View Post
    I thought the FDA killed it.
    as of right now they are trying to keep it from dispatch to the public but nope not yet, hasn't been officially denied.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaHD View Post
    how can hydrocodone be the 2nd most abused drug in the united states? in North east TN we get subs if blues are unavailable
    think of it this way, when you get introduced to opiods you usually start out with Hydro and after much and much abuse you move up to the Oxy-Tree.

5. Collapse Details

Bluelight Crew paranoid android's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolufarted View Post
    think of it this way, when you get introduced to opiods you usually start out with Hydro and after much and much abuse you move up to the Oxy-Tree.
    Hydrocodone is only prescribed for coughs in Canada and that's pretty rare but it is hydrocodone only pills and syrup usually but some rare brands have anti-histamines and decongestants in them. So usually the opiate you take first that here that's stronger then codeine is oxycodone unless you get a doctor that still prescribes Demerol. Methadone is a really popular street drug in some of the more seedier places here so often kids jump right to that. So pretty much you go to a strong opiate right away as noone bothers abusing codeine here unless they are dopesick. I didn't really run into any trouble until i started shooting those oh so lovely name brand dilaudid 4mg's. Over 3 years later and i can slam 54mg's of hydromorphone ffs. Route of administration definitely plays a part. Usually people here don't really start worrying about you till your slamming dillys or morphine everyday.

I do love the stuff but sometimes i wish i had just stuck to eating morphine and oxys and stayed away from dilaudid altogether.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by villian View Post
    After a while, opiates stop working, forcing users to take stronger doses or to try slightly different chemicals.
    Hmmmm... I wonder what a solution to that could be?

7. Collapse Details

Thank god, now I won’t have to CWE dozens to purify the hydrocodone to freebase them...

8. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    New Hampshire(currently) Baltimore/New York
    I honestly thunk it doesny matter what else in this world "comes out"...cuz we gona find what we want anyway.hydrocodone coming out as a drug without acetaminophen I think is a great idea..it gets rid of the liver killing properties of Tylenol.plus why worry about "zohydrocodone".when there's a tin of opiates without Tylenol in them...and u think if a seasoned opiate user is gona haul ads to get to a dealer with these,think again.your bound to go what's gona hit harder or last longer or more sout out ..a combo if the two....dats my 2 cents

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ~NaStYNaI~ View Post
    I honestly thunk it doesny matter what else in this world "comes out"...cuz we gona find what we want anyway.hydrocodone coming out as a drug without acetaminophen I think is a great idea..it gets rid of the liver killing properties of Tylenol.plus why worry about "zohydrocodone".when there's a tin of opiates without Tylenol in them...and u think if a seasoned opiate user is gona haul ads to get to a dealer with these,think again.your bound to go what's gona hit harder or last longer or more sout out ..a combo if the two....dats my 2 cents
    Do you purposely type this bad?

10. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dysphoric View Post
    Do you purposely type this bad?
    Huh eboyping. Go figure, anyway narconon just pumps you full of mega-doses of vitamins and sweats the opies out of you. he are ran by the c o s ala l ron hubbard so it only goes downhill from there,fast. They manage to kill several peeps a year it seems. Mostly from lack of medical care.
    If you drink their kool=ade, they'll own your ass lock stock, and barrel.

11. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    You get what you can get, if there were no roxicodone/blues and you had the choice of crappy suboxone or pure hydrocodone pills, I think the decision would be easy and it'd be the hydros.

12. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I just wanted to note, regarding the original post, that most drug abuse experts are useless and ignorant to any real ways to curb drug abuse.

13. Collapse Details

Isnt pure hydro cII? Why not get oxy or any otheer stroner cII mmeds? Or am i missing something?

14. Collapse Details

hydros are a waste of time, the only difference is now thre a little safer

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by glitter_kiss View Post
    hydros are a waste of time, the only difference is now thre a little safer
    A lot safer and easier to abuse...

Two wins to cancel out many losses...

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 'medicine cabinet' View Post
    Isnt pure hydro cII? Why not get oxy or any otheer stroner cII mmeds? Or am i missing something?
    I personally like hydrocodone better than oxycodone (with out including tolerance and lack of high dose pills) recreationally and medically (if the right dose is used of course), and I know I'm not alone on this especially on BL. Hydrocodone is like a less sedating, shorter acting oxymorphone.

Before my tolerance required my dosages of hydrocodone to be at minimum 120mg (if not closer to 180mg) hydrocodone blew oxycodone out of the water.

17. Collapse Details

i like how people are getting mad. if you dont like hydro then why would it affect you? it will lower the price of heroin and oxy because more kids will be turning to hydrocodone.

i personally don't like any opiates besides heroin/morphine, hydromorphone, and buprenorphine, but i wouldn't be mad if i got some oxy or hydrocodone. shit i will even entertain the thought of buying some codeine even if i dont feel shit from it. when you are in withdrawals, you will take ANY opiate lol...

18. Collapse Details

Dissapointing article.

It's not a new drug just a new formulation of an old drug with a reasonable safety profile in the sense that it's not hepatoxic when unpaired with NSAIDS.

Sensationalist nonsense I came in here expecting some monster thebaine derivative or something.

19. Collapse Details

Yeah I lived in kingsport for a time. Shit is ridiculous up there now. Hardly anything and for way too much.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Thou View Post
    Dissapointing article.

It's not a new drug just a new formulation of an old drug with a reasonable safety profile in the sense that it's not hepatoxic when unpaired with NSAIDS.
    Just a minor point: APAP is not really an NSAID. I don't really know which of its proposed mechanisms of action is correct, but I do know that Wikipedia says this:

It is not considered an NSAID because it does not exhibit significant anti-inflammatory activity (it is a weak COX inhibitor).
    Interesting medicine in its own right, but it should never have been added to pills that people consume by the dozen!

21. Collapse Details

^I think APAP exerts it's analgesic action through conversion into AM-404 which in turn mediates analgesia through cannabinoid receptors.

These "abuse experts" in the article however seems to base their oppinion on fear and not facts.

22. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    From what I have heard, Zohydro was shot down by the FDA and is no longer going to be manufactured. lol However, if there are findings saying other pharmaceutical companies are still working on it, I'd love to see them.

23. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MoreFeens4Morphine View Post
    From what I have heard, Zohydro was shot down by the FDA and is no longer going to be manufactured. lol However, if there are findings saying other pharmaceutical companies are still working on it, I'd love to see them.
    The FDA has yet to reject it. They're supposed to issue a decision some time in the next month.

24. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 23536 View Post
    The FDA has yet to reject it. They're supposed to issue a decision some time in the next month.
    It was approved a few months ago...and without the stipulation that it contain tamper/abuse resistance features.

Here's the link: http://www.fda.gov/newsevents/newsro.../ucm372287.htm Sorry if this has been posted, I did a cursory check and didn't find it elsewhere.

Also, issues surrounding this: http://www.medpagetoday.com/PublicHe...AGeneral/43374
    Last edited by nickattacked; 22-01-2014 at 16:50. Reason: format

25. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazz hands View Post
    How does hydrocodone fare as an IV drug? I wonder if anyone has experience with it through the IV route as it has only been available in compounded meds AFAIK.
    you can not IV hydrocodone, the histamine reaction will kill you. same as codiene. it just wont be beneficial to your health

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast