Bluelight

Thread: How long after using heroin can you take suboxone safely without p/w?

1. Collapse Details
    How long after using heroin can you take suboxone safely without p/w? 
    Heart
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows how long you should wait after using heroin before you can safely take a suboxone pill without going into precipitated withdrawal? Once I only waited about 36 hours after shooting heroin, I had missed the vein when I used that heroin and I went into precipitated withdrawal when I took the suboxone (i assume it took the heroin extra long to get out of my system since i missed the vein when i look back now)

Anyway I am only snorting the heroin now, but I am wondering how long should I wait before taking suboxone to 100 percent definitely not withdrawal and be safe and sure that everything will be okay?

Does anyone have any experience or know how long?

Thank you

2. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Support
    It varies from person to person, and as you learned the hard way you are on the longer end of the spectrum.

Snorthing heroin actually keeps it in your system longer than IV, so you will have to wait longer than last time. How long does it take for your withdrawals to get bad? The general rule is to wait until your withdrawals are getting bad.

3. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    As Tommyboy said, you really want to wait until you are somewhat uncomfortably withdrawing to make sure you avoid the precipitated withdrawl.

With me and using Heroin, 18 hours was the absolute earliest I would induce Subutext. Once you do it too soon you are stuck in PWD for 48-72 hours and as someone who has had this happen to them even in an inpatient detox, you do not want ANY part of it. It is absolute fucking hell.

Good luck

4. Collapse Details

As mentioned- wait until you are in moderate to severe withdrawals (there is a chart for when to take suboxone/subutex... google it if you want to take a look).

Also, generally wait at least 18 hours, 24 if you can. Then, it IS completely subjective. There are many variables involved. Just wait til you are so miserable you can't take it anymore. Then take a small amount-depends on ROA. Check out the suboxone megathread for more great info!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyboy View Post
    It varies from person to person, and as you learned the hard way you are on the longer end of the spectrum.

Snorthing heroin actually keeps it in your system longer than IV, so you will have to wait longer than last time. How long does it take for your withdrawals to get bad? The general rule is to wait until your withdrawals are getting bad.
    I understand IV'ing keep it in your system longer, but the first time I IV-ed and I missed the vein and when you get a heroin blister I read that it slowly absorbs into your body over 24 hours, so you must wait 24 hours on top of that.

So a missed shot that absorbs slowly actually keeps it in your body longer than snorting I hear. So that's why I don't think I have to wait longer than last time.

6. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Support
    ^ I read the part where you said you may have missed part of the shot, but I don't think that it gets absorbed that slowly when you miss. Subcutaneous injection (skin popping) and IM shots take 3-5 minutes for the onset compared to 10-30 seconds with IV.

7. Collapse Details

You could have searched this on google, man. This has been talked about a million times.

Anyway, it's different for everyone. How long someone has been consistently using, their tolerance, and their metabolism, all play a part in factoring in how long one has to wait in order to begin bupe. The average wait time for most people is around 12-15 hours. Basically, it's just when you feel sick—genuinely sick, not mentally hyping it up and tripping yourself out. Some people don't start to feel withdrawals from heroin for a full 24 hours.. in which case, dosing before then would bring about PWD's. Others, like me.. feel sick a lot earlier. For me, 12 hours after my last dose of heroin and I would be safe to take the suboxone. But I didn't count the hours.. you need to base it off how you feel and use the time as just a guide.

8. Collapse Details

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/6...=suboxone+mega

in anyone of those threads listed in that link, this question has been answered countless times