Bluelight

Thread: Help - advice regarding tapering off heroin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Polo79 View Post
    I have been through wd before but I can't rembr how long it was to get thru it. I hav both Val's n a couple of xannies and also panadine forte. So my plan.. Starting tomorrow is to have abit of gear with some ice and see how long I can be not sick for, my aim is to go at least til 10pm at night and have a little bit of gear before bed. Then next day the same thing but with less gear n same amount of ice.
    Little bit of meth for mild-moderate short term withdrawal has always worked pretty good for me. Always would want benzos for the comedown though. Timing and dose are important...coming off heroin while unable to sleep on the tail end of a meth session would be horrible.

Wouldn't suggest regular ice usage while tapering. One small dose to get you over the 'bump' if the withdrawal isn't too severe could be helpful, but it could have a wise range of effects depending.

2. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I'm yet to try the Nbombe... I'll wait till I'm off subs.
    I'm sure there are some similarities with it and ibogaine. ( from a neurological perspective)
    I hope ... For my sake it has the same effect as it did on Mr Ibis.
    Peace.

3. Collapse Details

Sorry for not updating the situation. Well now it's time to go through wd, I have til after the new year to get clean and that is it. No more chances now... Basically do or die, my job is on the line and my relationship with my parents. I have stocked up on xannies and valiums to pop through. Just wondering if the time I have is enough to get clean.

4. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Good luck man! You will get through it. Get soup and easy prep meals. You will need it when you can keep food down. Also lots of powerade and maxalon.
    All the best

5. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Wow there is some hopeless advice in this thread, particularly that of which is telling you to try amphetamines to beat your cravings, don't do this. You'll only regret it hours later when you start hanging out 3x worse.

Secondly, half a gram a day is a pretty small habit, though i don't hazard any doubt that obviously given financial ease this would be much higher?

fwiw i'm the resident member around here who has successfully come off an 8ball a day heroin habit - i've not relapsed in the 12 months since.

I tried, pharmaco-therapy (bupe/methadone) and tapering down. Personally, tapering wasn't even an option until well, a few mates died, and eventually i could no longer afford to sustain such an addiction. Slowly over the course of about 9 months it weened down really to using 1-3 times a fortnight, or whenever i could afford it.

But if you want my advice, Psychedelics.

Ween yourself down to a decent level, then go out - and take a shitload of psychedelics with some good company - I can almost guarantee you'll come back feeling like you don't wanna do heroin again and actually feeling like you did about junkies when you were ignorant.

6. Collapse Details

The way I quit hydromorphone (extremely addictive more so than heroin for me) is that I smoked / vaped a shit load of buds / hash and some codeine if the WD's were getting bad. Its very easy to stop using weed after a while especially for someone who has managed to stop opiates. Id avoid benzos at all cost and would only use subs if I had no other option not methadone (for lots of bad reasons).

The problem is u will still have to come off it at a later stage. Like mentioned above the best way imo would be to taper ur dose down, find out how much opiates u need to keep the withdrawals at bay and work from there finding the absolute minimal dosage required then gradually reducing it down. Ive never really tried using psychs during quitting although it may indeed work well as most of them tend to last quite a long duration which will keep u occupied for a while and will distract u from thinking of ur next opiate fix.

Psychedelics and also buds (I still call it a psychedelic as to me it sure does cause OEV's along with CEV's). Most psychedelics allow u to see the world in a different perspective, gets u thinking about things u wouldnt normally and so forth. After it wears off it actually makes u feel like u did a long time ago. Refreshed, at peace with urself and a lot of times finding a solution to your problem/s. It can be a life saver if used correctly imo.

7. Collapse Details

Do you think its possible to be clean by tues? I have to return to work by then, my aim was to have ice but now maybe having buds instead to relax myself I am staying at a friends place but will def need to return home on Tuesday night

8. Collapse Details

Well if u dont use any til Tuesday then yes u can I know how hard it is to resist though :S Have the buds instead if can or u worried about being tested at work?

9. Collapse Details

No there is no drug testing at my work. I am just sick of this running my life

10. Collapse Details

Have u thought about opiate maintenance? Or going cold turkey? Warm turkey perhaps? (Although I dont really suggest this). Its really hard as you have not stated what opiates u have been using, the duration and at what doses. Its a catch 22 situation I know. U need incredible will power but it can be done.

Which state are u? There are a few hotlines u can call to get some advice even counselling. U just keep going in circles around and around if u just leave it the way it is. Just remember that itll only get worse if u dont do anything about it now. I know its possible, anyone can do it. I have managed to quit a bad oxy and hydromorphone habit before so it is possible. I have a number of mates who have managed to kick the habit. Is there anyone u can talk to regarding ur problems?

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sustanon
    Its really hard as you have not stated what opiates u have been using, the duration and at what doses.
    He has given all those details. The thread is 3 pages long. He's also said he doesn't want to go back on bupe again.

Good luck Polo. This thread contains a lot of useful information, I recommend having a look at it -> The OD Opioid Withdrawal Megathread and FAQ.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by GrailKing View Post
    Also lots of powerade and maxalon.
    Ahahaha these are my favourites!

13. Collapse Details

My new years resolution was to quit using heroin. Im on day 2 today. Trying to stay strong but the WD's are getting worse. I picked up some anti anxiety otc pills from the chemist and some cold n flu tabs. The chills and sweats are the worst. Argh.

14. Collapse Details

^ that's awesome man. Keep it up.

15. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Australia & Asia Drug Discussion
    Non-Electronic Music Discussion
    is this the same sustanon that has posted in the MDxx thread in the last day or two about his 'pure molly' and new year's party times?
    i dunno man - i wish you the best and all, but something there doesn't seem entirely consistent to me. are you referring to withdrawing from habitual opiate use altogether, or heroin specifically? i'm a little confused...
    ✺✹✺✹BLUA✺✹✺✹

16. Collapse Details

Ex-Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sustanon View Post
    My new years resolution was to quit using heroin. Im on day 2 today. Trying to stay strong but the WD's are getting worse. I picked up some anti anxiety otc pills from the chemist and some cold n flu tabs. The chills and sweats are the worst. Argh.
    look into utilising imodium, just threw the acute stage; it's an opiate that doesn't pass the bbb but binds in the gut. great for RLS, cramps, diarrhea. but it sounds like you're almost past the worst, another day or two before things smooth out a little.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by spacejunk View Post
    is this the same sustanon that has posted in the MDxx thread in the last day or two about his 'pure molly' and new year's party times?
    i dunno man - i wish you the best and all, but something there doesn't seem entirely consistent to me. are you referring to withdrawing from habitual opiate use altogether, or heroin specifically? i'm a little confused...
    Withdrawing from heroin mainly. Have been using codeine + DXM + smack. Ive stopped the smack and working on the codeine. Its just crap that no matter what drug u use apart from opiates u still feel the withdrawals and sometimes even more pronounced especially when ur sobering up. Runny noise, having the runs, headaches, hot cold flushes and feeling very anxious over nothing is the worst.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tentram View Post
    look into utilising imodium, just threw the acute stage; it's an opiate that doesn't pass the bbb but binds in the gut. great for RLS, cramps, diarrhea. but it sounds like you're almost past the worst, another day or two before things smooth out a little.

Thanks for the tips. I havnt actually gotten around to getting Imodium although I dont have of the above mentioned symptoms apart from the runs, Im on day 3 atm and for me day 3 is usually the worst. The worst part is these hot n cold flushes. I really hate it over anything else. Still using codeine so thats helping somewhat. Hopefully by the end of the week itll all be over Since ive been on holidays Ive been binging without thinking of the consequences. Its just too good stuff to use daily:S

19. Collapse Details

Ex-Bluelighter
    i guess because i IV wd's will usually be fully present within 24hr's so by day 3-4 the worst is over and i start to get a few hours sleep throughout the night and quick 10-15min naps throughout the day.

try it out, it's like otc methadone. it is habit forming which is why i recommend only using it temporarily through the acute phase. it's unlikely you'll get hooked on it.

if it's mainly codeine you're withdrawing from you shouldn't really be feeling too much worse than you are now.

20. Collapse Details

Sustanon I would imagine that by day 4 you will start to feel better, like tentram said, you will still be withdrawing but by day 3 you should reach the peak of WD effects. I remember when I have withdrawn in the past, the relief I felt waking up on day four and feeling a bit better.

21. Collapse Details

I usually rack the smack and most times I do it on Sunday and by Tuesday/wednesday it gets worse and really hanging for a dose. Although the WD symtoms have died down still feeling heaps of anxiety. Any of u guys get that? Also im not sure but Wednesday is my opiate days after Sunday and few hours before I would dose the WD symptoms get a lot worse right before I dose. Weird. Also appetite has decreased dramatically :S

22. Collapse Details

Ex-Bluelighter
    of course, you're still withdrawing so you're going to be more susceptible to anxieties. just relax naturally as much as possible. maybe even try a few otc herbs of your choice. i find drinking chamomile and green tea help relax me - i try to avoid coffee as much as possible apart from maybe a morning one to help get me kick-started. take nice long showers/baths as well with epsom salts; it helps relax you and can ease any cramping/muscle tension.

23. Collapse Details

My attempt failed at my friends place so I have taken the rest of this week off work to wd. How are you going sustanon? I really have no more options now so I have to get clean no matter what.... It's beautiful outside and heaps of mad ass chicks walking around, I don't want to be chasing gear and rather chicks. That's why I'm dying to be clean.

24. Collapse Details

Day 10 and feeling awesome, WDs all gone. Anxiety is gone too nearly, although ive been having a lot of codeine, dxm and rikodeine. That combo is awesome Hated feeling so crap off smack. Hang in there bud, u can do it! I usually sign n date a piece of paper with the reason of why im quitting. So far it works. Its like a contract. If u have stuff leftover throw it out or give it away etc or seal the stuff with tape and writer that contract with reason, sign n forget about it forever.

25. Collapse Details

Nice one sus. I'm back on pst again, I'm trying to lay of smack as much as I can with certain exceptions like maybe paydays or weekends, I haven't decided yet. The first two days of getting back on seeds after a nice run on smack sucks but you get used to it pretty quick and start enjoying the pst high again. I find I just need to find things to keep me occupied so I'm not idle and thinking of gettin high. Having a new job helps, I've been getting back into skateboarding again which has been really helpful but I fucked my knee up on the weekend. You know that spot in your knee that like a funny bone but it's not funny at all when you smack it? I smashed it really hard on Saturday and almost spewed from the pain, Jesus.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast