Bluelight

Synthetic Cannabinoids Study

Thread: Six Simple Rules... To MDMA

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

That's why I listed there area number of factors to consider. To be honest 100lbs is a bit light, I know you're only 16 but dosage recommendations can't apply to an "outlier" like you, especially considering your experience with drugs in general.

I'll amend the OP in a bit. I need nearly 300mg to get where I want to be (200+100) but for some people that is excessive.

2. Collapse Details

Yeah, I know, I'm tiny (no body fat). But shit, I need WAY more of a dose than that. Around double haha.... honestly I think the whole MG/KG thing is a bit skewed. Body weight isn't SUPER important when it comes to dosing drugs.
    It is a little skewed agreed. I guess a lot of it is because MDMA is hitting the brain first followed by body. How the body mass / weight comes into play is no exact science.

In regards to a sticky on the topic however, I think airing on the side of caution is probably best as the average user likely to read this and take stuff in might well be a newbie.

I never knew you were that small. Wow learn something new everyday. Good to hear you

I'll amend the OP in a bit. I need nearly 300mg to get where I want to be (200+100) but for some people that is excessive.
    Op looks good strutter I think the ammendment is slightly better

I will have another look through and make any other suggestions if needed

3. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by futura2012 View Post
    My personal opinion I think from a 100% HR perspective then the Shulgin quote 1.5mG per kilo with no redose is about spot on.
    Gonna have to call bollocks on that I'm afraid. 1.5mg/kg would make my 'perfect' dose about 90mg. 90mg would be fairly underwhelming, my favourite dose is between 130-150mg.

4. Collapse Details

Sitting on a crystal throne in a castle made of LSD
    Quote Originally Posted by StrutterGear View Post
    That's why I listed there area number of factors to consider. To be honest 100lbs is a bit light, I know you're only 16 but dosage recommendations can't apply to an "outlier" like you, especially considering your experience with drugs in general.

Oh for sure hahahaha, I am by no means the average user. Still though, I see dosing as a VERY personal thing that can't be simply boiled down to an equation lol..... for some 120mg is too high of a dose, but for most that would be a waste of MDMA because they would feel almost nothing haha..

I think people really need to find what works for THEM. A newb should drop a good 100mg even for his first roll, then he should be able to see just about how much more he should have for the next time

You write this all by yourself though Strutt? If so, massive props must be given

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Folley View Post
    Oh for sure hahahaha, I am by no means the average user. Still though, I see dosing as a VERY personal thing that can't be simply boiled down to an equation lol..... for some 120mg is too high of a dose, but for most that would be a waste of MDMA because they would feel almost nothing haha..

I think people really need to find what works for THEM. A newb should drop a good 100mg even for his first roll, then he should be able to see just about how much more he should have for the next time

You write this all by yourself though Strutt? If so, massive props must be given
    Aye, the thing with dosing is that it decreases exponentially relative to weight, so people who are thinner will end up getting told to take doses often too low.

It's just a rough guide really, no one person is the same like you said. Just gives a rough guide.

Thanks very much mate. Indeed I did, but as you can see many a contribution has been given since it's publication that I have added.
    Last edited by StrutterGear; 05-01-2013 at 01:39.

6. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Director of Communications
    consider adding a note on terms & slang?

e.g.

mdma is 3,4-methylenedioxy-n-methylamphetamine, an empathogenic drug of the phenethylamine and amphetamine drug classes.

molly is commonly used to describe mdma specifically in powder, or crushed crystal, form. other drugs are sold in powder form as 'molly'.

ecstasy is commonly used to describe mdma specifically in pill form. other drugs are sold in pill form as 'ecstacy'.

thoughts?

alasdair

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by alasdairm View Post
    consider adding a note on terms & slang?

e.g.

mdma is 3,4-methylenedioxy-n-methylamphetamine, an empathogenic drug of the phenethylamine and amphetamine drug classes.

molly is commonly used to describe mdma specifically in powder, or crushed crystal, form. other drugs are sold in powder form as 'molly'.

ecstasy is commonly used to describe mdma specifically in pill form. other drugs are sold in pill form as 'ecstacy'.

thoughts?

alasdair
    After reading another one of those threads (I think you posted in) I couldn't agree more. I can't understand how people "don't get it". Will amend soon, doing coursework at the moment.

8. Collapse Details

My personal opinion I think from a 100% HR perspective then the Shulgin quote 1.5mG per kilo with no redose is about spot on.
    Gonna have to call bollocks on that I'm afraid. 1.5mg/kg would make my 'perfect' dose about 90mg. 90mg would be fairly underwhelming, my favourite dose is between 130-150mg.
    I wouldnt say its not bollocks. Favourite dose vs correct HR dose might be something a little different.

I would say debatable might be a better word. The main point here is what do you advise for the sticky as I would suspect the majority reading this for guidance would likely be newbies. In terms of HR (less) to a point is good.

However I understand there is a fine line between a safe vs shit buzz.

90mG I would not describe as a low dose more average but again very debatable

The 100mg - 120mg seems to be the general agreement for a first timer dose but again for some this might be a little too much. Perhaps the 1.5/kg should be advised for first time newbie dosing?

thoughts?
    I would say this is a good call also.

Oh dear I bet you wished you never did this sticky now Strutter and endless stream of updates

9. Collapse Details

Wrong thread

10. Collapse Details

The weight to dose ratio is only a guide... 100mg dose for a first timer is spot on with a 50mg redose. A few mg over if your a bit bigger.

11. Collapse Details

Super great thread!! I send this to any friend who is thinking of getting into mdma

12. Collapse Details

i agree that the dosage to wieght scale is kinda messed up. i weigh about 155 and i need at least 150mg to feel it but 200mg is more like it.

13. Collapse Details

Really informative thread.
    Wanted to know more about MDMA, thanks!

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by thizzlemonster86 View Post
    i agree that the dosage to wieght scale is kinda messed up. i weigh about 155 and i need at least 150mg to feel it but 200mg is more like it.
    That's down to tolerance and personal experience then, you weigh about a three quarters of me and take the same dose?

15. Collapse Details

Ive used mdma probably around 15-16 times.

Ive experienced what i'd say is probably the most intense euphoria that leveled out all my suffering and shit life and made me feel a lot better,
    However

i have also experienced comedowns which arent very nice if you have issues with depression/the past in your mind for life.

But!

It is important that i tell yous that, when i use mdma responsibly,
    waiting 5 months and dosing only 92mg (i still buzzed for 3 and a half hours, and another half hour more)
    I suffered no comedown after, i left that rave positive and stayed positive all week and beyond after because i was so glad with myself, that i'd went to a rave, followed what knowledge i know and suffered no consequences, unlike other times where i haven't waited as long and dosed a bit higher (150mg).

Call me a wuss or whatever go ahead but i don't care.
    Everyone is different and everyone has been through different shit in their lives, not everyones neurochemistry is on the same levels.
    But i did find the high dose mdma gave me a day or 2 of bad depression in the past, not something i think i'd want to go through.

So the bottom line is,
    If you want to experience mdma, but not damage your life IF you may be susceptible to these after effects, then please do read up and use MDMA responsibly.

This forums is more and more equipped with knowledge each year, excellent i say

16. Collapse Details

The thing about MDMA dosing is that it varies so much. Great advise for unknown pills would be starting with low dose just to be sure. Under 100mg should do the trick, tho it varies a lot.

17. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    great thread for anyone unsure about mdma! however i am quite experienced with mdma and similar drugs. i dont do them often anymore but obvs like to roll here and there.

Im curious about the relationship with SSRI's as i have been on them for the past cpl weeks. tonight before reading this thread i was at a friends and took an RC (not sure exactly what it was, but supposed to be an analog of mda) and am currently flying pretty good. I havnt taken my ssri in a cpl days (waiting to get paid so i can refill)
    so maybe thats why i am still experiencing such strong effects? also very curious as to how mixing mdma and ssris can be fatal? is this an actual chemical overload or some kind of cross reaction? or is that more just about the come down possibly being that hard on someone already suffering from depression?

18. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    also was my birthday last week and ended up doing a substantial amount of cocaine (a rare occurance these day, non the less i was just under a week into taking the ssri) with no side effects, so im assuming theres not a problem with that drug.

but was planning on refilling my script later today after i get some sleep, if its a chemical reaction should i wait an extra day or two to start taking my meds agian?

19. Collapse Details

MAIO and MDMA is fatal not SSRI.

20. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    shit misread sry

21. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by StrutterGear View Post
    MAIO and MDMA is fatal not SSRI.
    It's not OFTEN fatal, but there can be a serious reaction between the two.

the risk of Serotonin Syndrome is increased from SSRIs alone, adding MDMA to that and the risk is SIGNIFICANTLY increased.

The main interaction of the two is that the SSRI inhibits the re-uptake of serotonin, and MDMA releases serotonin in large amounts. This keeps that serotonin from entering the proper receptors, and it just floats around the synapse without causing any good feelings.

The two almost entirely cancel each other out, so I would DEFINITELY not take MDMA while on SSRIs. Hell, I wouldn't go on SSRIs to begin with. They have been shown to be as effective as placebos in mild to moderate depression

22. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Folley View Post
    It's not OFTEN fatal, but there can be a serious reaction between the two.

the risk of Serotonin Syndrome is increased from SSRIs alone, adding MDMA to that and the risk is SIGNIFICANTLY increased.

The main interaction of the two is that the SSRI inhibits the re-uptake of serotonin, and MDMA releases serotonin in large amounts. This keeps that serotonin from entering the proper receptors, and it just floats around the synapse without causing any good feelings.

The two almost entirely cancel each other out, so I would DEFINITELY not take MDMA while on SSRIs. Hell, I wouldn't go on SSRIs to begin with. They have been shown to be as effective as placebos in mild to moderate depression
    Thats what it says in the OP, it can be fatal.

23. Collapse Details

^ Sorry, that wasn't to you. It was to BCbakin just so he knew actual interaction that is going on there

24. Collapse Details

keep it up peeps

25. Collapse Details

dosage is very important the first time i took it was at a tiesto show in DC i took .4 of MDMA (moonrocks is what they said it was)... needless to say it was way way way too much for me for about two hours i was scared out of my mind, but then it smoothed out and i was having the best night of my life..and i thought to myself..wow i had no idea it was possible to feel so good on this planet haha. definitely a life changing realization for me.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast