Bluelight

Thread: tips for track marks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    I'm on the wrong side of a binge and I need help 
    I'm a very stupid (yet fragile) person.

I just went on a 48 hour IV ritalin binge. My arms are a complete fucking messing from hitting and missing so many shots.

Let's just assume I don't get a blood disease and die or an abscess, roughly how long til I can start wearing short sleeve shits again roughly?

Awful drug. It is so short acting you can't do anything after a shot except start prepping your next.

On the plus side this was the first binge that I used micron filters. Hopefully that means some of my missed shots will be more forgiving.

Thanks for reading. I'm sure a few of you have looked at your arms/face/body/person still asleep in your bed & questioned some of your life choice.

2. Collapse Details

do you get all of you ritalin from preteens?

3. Collapse Details

Australia & Asia Drug Discussion
    We already got a couple threads addressing a similar topic. I don't think anyone can tell you exactly how long track marks will take to heal, it probably depends on many factors like how many shots you did, if you rotate sites, how often you shoot, what guage you use and also individual healing times would vary without even taking all that stuff into account.

Merged.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by i date preteens View Post
    Let's just assume I don't get a blood disease and die or an abscess, roughly how long til I can start wearing short sleeve shits again roughly?
    get some eleuphrat lotion (talk to dr or chemist).

Shit is amazing. will clear up wounds within 12-24 hours. Within 3 days of use marks are almost invisible. If you don't have that try some aloe vera from the garden or lather on paw paw lotion you can get for $2 at aldis

In the meantime by some foundation. covers track marks up extremely well.

And your unlikely get an abscess if your been using clean equipment & water and your injecting intravenously. Abscesses are more likely to form when you IM a dirty shot or miss really (really) badly with a dirty shot when IV'ing as opposed to missing by spearing.

The difference with a missed IV and IM shot is with a speared/missed IV shot you feel your substance within 1-2 mins (as opposed to seconds with a properly IV). With a IM its a good 5-15 depending where you inject.

see an abscess forms when the injected solution doesn't get absorbed properly, sits in your body, growing bacteria. a missed IV shot gets absorbed and is unlikely (unless dirty as fuck) to cause issues.

5. Collapse Details

Thanks guys. I hope I don't get scars from this binge. I already have super faint marks in the crooks of my elbows but nobody but an experienced IV user would know what they are from.

6. Collapse Details

Hello new to this site I have pretty bad tracks around my hand and kind of on my hands and need then to go away asap. Have you tried tea tree oil? I actually have some of that on hand. I'm wondering if aloe vera will help or if a first aid cream (I have one called certrimide) will help. The thing is I don't know if applying them right after I hit is helping or making things worse? I try to apply pressure after and use fresh pins I don't know how else I can get these red marks to heal faster! I have noo viens in my arms anymore so Ivery resorted to around the hands which is the worst. If anyone has any tips about good spots to try it would really appreciate the knowledge. I'm female so suggesting the penis area does not apply. Any tips or tricks I would love to hear from you!

7. Collapse Details

Ah I am looking for similar advice but fault of a different substance. Anyways I am wondering if anyone has ever tried putting tea bags on track marks? I have tea tree oil but don't know if that could cause infection if it gets into the wound? Any experience with this or any advice at all would be helpful thanks

8. Collapse Details

Honestly why the hell would anyone start IVing drugs. Takes addiction to a whole new level.

IMO harm reduction should always involve dissuading someone from trying IV

9. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Non-Electronic Music Discussion
    You're entitled to your opinion, but that's not what harm reduction is about.

We don't judge, we just accept that people are going to do what they are going to do and try to minimise harm within that.

IV drug users need various harm reduction measures because they are generally vulnerable members of society who engage in high-risk drug taking activities.
    ✺✹✺✹BLUA✺✹✺✹

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by spacejunk View Post
    You're entitled to your opinion, but that's not what harm reduction is about.

We don't judge, we just accept that people are going to do what they are going to do and try to minimise harm within that.

IV drug users need various harm reduction measures because they are generally vulnerable members of society who engage in high-risk drug taking activities.
    That's true but thorough education about the ramifications of exactly what they are about to do may in fact change what they are gonna do. Not always, maybe not even a lot, but for some people it will.

11. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Non-Electronic Music Discussion
    There is plenty of horrifying stuff on bluelight to dissuade people from injecting, whether it is people reporting abscesses or other other complications from IVing (some bluelight members have lost limbs from IV drug use - others have lost their lives).

Basically, the reality of IV drug use is frightening - and education serves both to keep injecting drug users safe(r), as well as educating others about the risk.
    In that sense, the drug education people get through bluelight serves to do both.

Unlike anti-drug propaganda, realistic drug education doesn't try to scare people to influence them, and in the case of IVing street drugs, you really don't need to try to put frightening information across - the reality is scary enough as it is - plus, when the information is presented without an obvious anti-drug use agenda, it has a great deal more credibility than abstinence-focused drug "education"
    ✺✹✺✹BLUA✺✹✺✹

12. Collapse Details

Yeah true fair enough then ^^ just as long as we always try and persuade young naive kids who might be thinking about injecting to NOT do so

13. Collapse Details

Dude, I've always had a bit of phobia of needles, but apparently a lot of people did before they tried shooting up. I never really knew much about IV, but my time on Bluelight has taught me a lot about the complications and difficulties that can come of it and I can honestly say that if someone offered me my favourite drug intraveinously - I'd pass.

For those who do it though, there's no reason they can't be doing it as safely as possible with the right information - they can hear all the deterrents virtually anywhere else.

And yeah, when it's people asking about hard drugs and needles for the first time, people usually do try to give them information so that they might reconsider.

14. Collapse Details

The shift to injection almost always seems to come from desperation. I've known a few odd individuals who've just dived straight into it (most of them seemed drawn to the "junkie glamour" aspect, and had spent too much time watching documentaries about Kurt Cobain and reading Scar Tissue), but for the most part, stepping up to IV use isn't a decision made lightly, it's something that people do when their tolerance climbs to the point that any other ROA is just too inefficient. I know that if cost had ceased to be a factor, I would have gladly stopped with all the stress and mess of needles and gone back to another more simple ROA.

15. Collapse Details

IV drug use is weird, though, in that a lot of people seem to find enjoyment/satisfaction in the "ritual" of injection drug use.

see also: IV buprenorphine.

Personally speaking, I first tried IV drug use because my dealer convinced me too...at first I declined but eventually gave in after he offered to give me drugs from his own personal stash for my 1st shot. A very thinly-disguised attempt to get me "really hooked" on dope so he could make more money off me (in my case it didn't really work, but I've known other people who he's convinced to shoot up for the first time and have gone on to go down the proverbial shitter)

16. Collapse Details

^ Hah, I thought that only happened in government sponsored drug awareness ads

But yeah there's definitely that connection the brain forges between the process of injecting and the sense of pleasure/reward from administering the drug. I personally never found it overwhelming, but it did lead me to doing some stupid things once or twice, like injecting suboxone and inducing precipitated withdrawal, or injecting K/MXE even though my tolerance really didn't call for it (although of course it was more cost efficient).

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Offerings View Post
    IV drug use is weird, though, in that a lot of people seem to find enjoyment/satisfaction in the "ritual" of injection drug use.

Personally speaking, I first tried IV drug use because my dealer convinced me too...at first I declined but eventually gave in after he offered to give me drugs from his own personal stash for my 1st shot. A very thinly-disguised attempt to get me "really hooked" on dope so he could make more money off me (in my case it didn't really work, but I've known other people who he's convinced to shoot up for the first time and have gone on to go down the proverbial shitter)
    This is the myth of injecting.

I find that i'm equally drawn to snorting, plugging and parachuting my drugs as I am with IV'ing. Look at the huge ritual of pot smokers and bongs. The tens of thousands of years of rituals surrounding the drinking of alcohol, the complex rituals, songs and fixation. All drugs that are addictive, some more so then others.

The lure of injecting drugs is no more or less then others.

The reason why you perceive it to be worse is because of the nature of addiction. Addiction is about pain. The alleviating pain that we're born with (due to complex exposure of stress hormones causing malfunctions in our immune system) and pain caused by physical and emotional abuse (again affecting our immune system). The vast majority of opiate IV addicts have a history of abuse and the odd rare few that don't will find that their mother was exposed to extreme stress during and soon after giving birth.

Ultimately "junkies" are people who are in a world of pain and who's pain is literally only relieved by the most effective pain killer.

It is not a high we are experiencing. It is the giddy relief and release of experiencing life without pain. And that pain is so ever present, that it changes us, how we perceive and act. Which in turn leads to poor decision making, more stress which equals more pain.

And i'm not talking about emotional pain. I'm talking about physical pain, especially physiological issues like anxiety and depression. But also stomach problems, joint and muscle issues and a host of other problems that are small, niggling and annoying but often never described or talked about by addicts or the medical community.

What doctor is going to start a research program investigating why some from aches and pains? It took me over 30 years before I even realised that it wasn't normal to have daily/hourly panic attacks.

So yeah when I see that needle my brain see instant relief. But you too would if you were in this much pain.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123