Bluelight

Thread: Codeine & CWE (aka cdub) Megathread: third time's the charm

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15253132333435
  1. Collapse Details

Australian Drug Discussion

I'm wondering if there might be a number of people regularly using codeine who might find themselves looking for a replacement once it goes script only. I've read the odd article in the news about a supposed hidden epidemic of (generally older, middle-aged) people becoming addicted to codeine containing pills.

Codeine might be at the lowest end of the scale in terms of opiate strength but it's still hard to break a habit. A possible and undesirable outcome could be people turning to stronger, illicitly purchased drugs (ie. heroin/fentanyl).

2. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Current Events and Politics
    Music Discussion
    Shielding off the weakening beams of salvation shining upon the mournful gloom of Earth
    ^That would be a horrible outcome. I think dependant peeps need to either speak to a doctor now akin to what zeph said or begin tapering.

That said, codeine withdrawal even from high doses is definitely manageable cold turkey but like all opiates it's not a load of laughs. Some pot, immodium and something sleepy are key.

I've been thru it many times so if anyone out there needs advice, please PM me.

3. Collapse Details

Its perfectly reasonable to use codeine when you need to, I use it as I get a lot of back pain and it helps with flu etc.

Im worried people will accidently overdose on paracetamol as a result of mot being able to just pick up a packet of codeine.

There isnt a replacement. This is the stupid thing about going hard core against it.

You just need to tell your gp before the change and unfortunately get a script.

Its one of the most stupid things ever. Thing is if you are sick and can soldier on with codral then people go to work. If you need to get a script may as well get a med certificate and not bother going.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15253132333435