Bluelight

Thread: Your Oxycodone and Hydroxyzine??

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Collapse Details
    Your Oxycodone and Hydroxyzine?? 
    #1
    Could not find the answer by searching. Please help.

    Regarding opioids, I have only ever taken Percocet 5/325, just one pill at a time. Never nauseous from that. (I've taken other drugs though). Haven't taken the Percocet in a year.

    So I have NO tolerance. I want to take six or eight Percocets (5/325) and some Hydroxyzine. I weigh 100 kg. How much Hydroxyzine would be good? Will the Hydroxyzine really add anything to this? Does this level and combination sound safe? I have some Promethazine here, do I need that also? How long will this last?

    Thanks much.

    HYDROXYZINE IS PERFECT.

    Hydroxyzine added to oxycodone:

    1. Antihistamine for itch.

    2. Analgesic in its own right to add to analgesia of the oxy.

    3. Reduces nausea.

    4. Potentiates oxycodone (makes it stronger in your system).

    The only questions are how much hydroxyzine to use for a given dose of oxycodone, and whether the safe maximum level of oxycodone should be reduced if hydroxyzine is added.

    I've looked around a lot. Anyone know?
    Last edited by NeighborhoodThreat; 01-02-2013 at 22:20. Reason: merged posts
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    Bluelighter synthetix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    God's original prototype, too weird to live, too rare to die.
    Posts
    2,651
    Hydroxyzine or any anti histamine full stop will add to the nod of the opiate however won't potentiate the opiate. It will make it a dirtier high and increase your CNS depression. Considering you haven't used oxy in a year, 6-8 tablets is a bit risky. I highly recommend you lower your dose to 4 tablets or pushing it 5, giving 25mg of oxy which is plenty for an opiate naive individual. By adding the hydro you'll be potentiating the depressive effects too.
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    Thanks a lot for the reply. Yeah from my reading certainly 25mg of oxy alone carries no overdose risk for opiate naive (nausea not withstanding). I had no nausea from 5mg. I just didnt know if hydroxyzine would greatly lower the safe dosage.


    So 25mg oxy and 50mg hydroxyzine seems safe to you, yeah? should I also add promethazine or something else? (I have no other RX stuff). Thanks again.

    I've seen multiple sources (many on here.. potentiation mega thread for example) saying that hydroxyzine potentiates oxycodone. Couldnt tell if you were saying that not true? Once again I really appreciate your replies and info. Have a good night.
    Last edited by NeighborhoodThreat; 01-02-2013 at 22:21. Reason: merged posts, please use the edit function instead of double posting
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    Bluelighter laCster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    $toned
    Posts
    6,553
    Dude there is a huge post about a couple threads down in bdd. Literally...
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    Bluelighter 'medicine cabinet''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    6,431
    yea both phenegren and hydroxyzine will potentiate it but why even bother? you have no opiate tolerance. i woudnt even take more than 4 percocets. trust me on this one.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #6
    Temporary Ban
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    i went to god just to see.
    Posts
    6,994
    4. Potentiates oxycodone (makes it stronger in your system).
    that's actually incorrect; false information. many people get confused with this.

    being a first generation anti-histamine it has sedative properties so when combined with another down, oxycodone in this case, it will increase the sedation - giving you the illusion it potentiaties it. it will also help eliminate any histamine release, relieving the itching that comes as a result of histamine. it's not a true "potentiator" such as, say, tagament. just thought i would clear that up.

    start with one pill, 25mg. if it is not sufficient then take another making 50mg and to not exceed that dose. there should be no reason to take anymore otherwise it may start to produce delirium which is associated with most first generation anti-histamines higher than therapeutic doses.

    seeing as though you have no opiate tolerance i would hold off using it unless you experience itching or nausea at uncomfortable levels.
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    Bluelighter Swimmingdancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Republic of Bluelight
    Posts
    5,376
    Quote Originally Posted by synthetix View Post
    Hydroxyzine or any anti histamine full stop will add to the nod of the opiate however won't potentiate the opiate. It will make it a dirtier high and increase your CNS depression. Considering you haven't used oxy in a year, 6-8 tablets is a bit risky. I highly recommend you lower your dose to 4 tablets or pushing it 5, giving 25mg of oxy which is plenty for an opiate naive individual. By adding the hydro you'll be potentiating the depressive effects too.
    I'm confused, this sounds like a contradiction? I'm pretty sure anti-histamines can potentiate opioids. Certain antihistamines are widely used for that purpose.

    Honestly I would start with less oxy and not even bother with the hydroxyzine, for someone with no tolerance to opioids.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    Bluelighter synthetix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    God's original prototype, too weird to live, too rare to die.
    Posts
    2,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Swimmingdancer View Post
    I'm confused, this sounds like a contradiction? I'm pretty sure anti-histamines can potentiate opioids. Certain antihistamines are widely used for that purpose.

    Honestly I would start with less oxy and not even bother with the hydroxyzine, for someone with no tolerance to opioids.
    you're potentiating the sediation and respiratory depression, not the euphoric qualities of the opiate. it's a common misconception that anti-histamines add euphoria to a dose of opiates. it's actually very far from the case, as promethazine was actually put in codeine cough syrup to deter abuse as in high doses it causes dissasoiative effects, dysphoria and even hallucinations of a nasty kind, promethazine that is administered at the same time as codeine also lessens the amount of codeine to morphine produced. overall it's just a horrible nasty thing thrown in to deter abuse, and promote the anti-tissutive effects of codeine rather than the euphoric qualities.

    anti-histamines are used to stop the itching only. not potentiate the high or analgesia.
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    Bluelighter Swimmingdancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Republic of Bluelight
    Posts
    5,376
    Quote Originally Posted by synthetix View Post
    you're potentiating the sediation and respiratory depression, not the euphoric qualities of the opiate. it's a common misconception that anti-histamines add euphoria to a dose of opiates. it's actually very far from the case, as promethazine was actually put in codeine cough syrup to deter abuse as in high doses it causes dissasoiative effects, dysphoria and even hallucinations of a nasty kind, promethazine that is administered at the same time as codeine also lessens the amount of codeine to morphine produced. overall it's just a horrible nasty thing thrown in to deter abuse, and promote the anti-tissutive effects of codeine rather than the euphoric qualities.

    anti-histamines are used to stop the itching only. not potentiate the high or analgesia.
    Oh I see what you were getting at. However, many antihistamines can affect liver enzymes that metabolize certain opioids, for example most classic antihistamines inhibit CYP2D6, and that inhibition could decrease the effects of codeine, tramadol and hydrocodone, and increase and or lengthen the effects of oxycodone, methadone and probably some other opioids that I'm forgetting (I know some people use it with heroin too for example). Basically it would lessen/slow the elimination of the latter category, causing higher blood levels. I haven't really noticed significant effects myself, but other people on this forum swear they notice a substantial difference - perhaps it depends on the person. Antihistamines definitely are used to potentiate recreational, analgesic and sedative effects of some opioids. Of course the side effects of many antihistamines would outweigh any benefits if too much is taken.
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #10
    Bluelighter synthetix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    God's original prototype, too weird to live, too rare to die.
    Posts
    2,651
    I agree to some extent that they can potentiate oxycodone, although the anti-histamine properties outweight the benefits you obtain from the enzyme inhibition. If you're looking for a good potentiator that doesn't effect the high in a dirty way, you should look into grapefruit juice (really and honestly that stuff is the SHIT) and milk thistle. Both of those impacted my oxycodone high's very significantly boosting the euphoric qualities of it. Grapefruit juice actually was a little overwhelming as I believe it caused me to produce a lot more oxymorphone than usual, and I was nodding in and out of consciousness a lot, something I never experience with oxycodone.
    Reply With Quote
     

  11. Collapse Details
     
    #11
    Administrator bronson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NE USA
    Posts
    5,142
    I would say from personal experience skip the antihistamine and start at 20mg of oxycodone maximum. If you insist on adding the antihistamine to the mix I would lower the max starting dose for the oxy to 15mg.

    When you are not tolerant to opiates, less is more. No need to build addiction any faster than it already will.

    ~BLUA~ || [ Weekly Photography Contest: Expression || Vote Here ] || ~?s PM me~
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •