Bluelight

Thread: GOOD trance...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Thumbs up
    but these people who look, dont realise what's going on between my ears, in my head.
    i can see the world with my eyes and at the same time, it doesnt intrude upon me because i have my music playing. i look at people going about their business, walking from point to point, getting on with their lives, people looking at me, and they dont realise they are actors in my private music video, my life
    you said it!!!
    When I walk to school, or ride the bus, I always wear my headphones. It sets my rhythm for the day. It's amazing how I can turn my days around with a simple few minutes of music. I love to sit and watch others and create a scenario of their actions based on whats pumping in my ears.
    It also enables me to create my own private world even when surrounded by others going about their own business.
    I love this thread!!! Long live Good Trance...
    Thanks again Hydra for the first thread I actually check at least once a day for another interesting POV...
    Last edited by PsychoKitten; 04-01-2004 at 10:11.

2. Collapse Details

i so need a portable cd player and headphones for when i have to bus to school next semester...but i try to not be anti-social, and when i walk around i make it my goal to meet at least one new person everyday (uf has a big campus)...
    but im def gettin a player next semester to chill with on those shitty bus-rides!
    ~hydra

3. Collapse Details

When I'm wearing headphones in public...and watching public situations....it's like the world becomes a virtual visual....the world moves in rhythm to the music even though it doesn't try....
    it's an interesting and amusing experience...
    just another wonderful aspect of emotion based music that creates an atmosphere of positivity in mind and spirit...

4. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Smile
    HYDRA, in regards to your original message:
    I give you much respect and thanks for putting into words the feeling that I have had for years now, ever since discovering this incredible artform called trance. It has turned my love for music and dance into an obsession. I have seen no image more inspiring than the unity and ecstacy brought on by this music exploding over a mass of people. I believe that trance artists are the Mozarts of the modern day. My largest aspiration in life is to one day touch the souls of others as I have been touched through this music.
    [ 03 April 2002: Message edited by: Ex:L ]

5. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    i just read all three pages of this thread and i have to say thanks to hydra for starting this up. just glad to know that im not the only one that loves music that [email protected]!!!!
    THANK YOU MAN!!!!!

6. Collapse Details

Unhappy
    tonight, thinking about all the traumas and problems in my life as they happen before, right now, and in the future, it dawned on me.
    music is the one consistent element in my life.
    it is the one thing i can depend on, it has never failed me the way people do.
    ever since i discovered it, it has been the one dependable companion on this journey, the one thing i can trust because everthing else changes but the moment i hear the music, the moment it gets parsed by my brain and i define my interpretation of what i hear, takes on the identity i project onto it, it becomes mine, it becomes me.
    im feeling particularly fucked right now, because certain events keep recurring and i am weary and tired, i fight the good fight, i try even though i dont know why, all for memories and a hope. a single tenous thread holding me up and my mind is fraying right now.
    but there is the music still.
    and hence this post, i would like to take a moment of your time reading this, and thank god (figuratively speaking ofcos) for the music.
    amen.

7. Collapse Details

Thumbs up
    I didn't really find a spiritual relationship with Dance until Trance came onto the scene 91/92....From then onwards Listening to all others styles just doesn't do it for me like Trance does....Once 93/94 came around I was taken to a higher plane by a new sound. GOA....This is truly a magical music Genre one that reaches deep into your soul.....Please if you haven't heard any true GOA sounds..Hope down to your local CD store & grab a CD...Your mind,body and soul will be thanking you forever......
    BCR

8. Collapse Details

GOA....This is truly a magical music Genre one that reaches deep into your soul.....Please if you haven't heard any true GOA sounds..Hope down to your local CD store & grab a CD...Your mind,body and soul will be thanking you forever......
    BCR
    I couldn't agree more. Gotta love that swirling wall of psychedelia! If you think normal oakenwanker trance is uplifting and spiritual, take some acid and pop Hallucinogen or Infected Mushroom in your stereo. Actually, you don't even need the hallucinogens…psychedelic trance can induce a psychedelic state in its own right.
    ---5HT-2
    Last edited by PsychoKitten; 04-01-2004 at 10:12.

9. Collapse Details

oh gosh this thread is probably the best one i've ever seen. reading about your experiences and feelings about music made me feel so much closer to you all (even though i dont really know you!)
    i can so relate to everything you guys said... it actually moved me so much that i got teary eyes.
    music is the most incredible thing for me.
    i listen to music whenever i can.. it makes me feel so good! i always tell people that it's my drug of choice. it produces euphoria like nothing else and i am certainly addicted to it because i depend on it to get through the day and if i dont listen to it i feel like i'm missing something.
    when i started listening to electronic music, my life slowly transformed. it totally changed me as a person, and my whole attitude toward life in general. (i'm definitely much more positive now)
    i love that uplifting, euphoric feeling from listening to good music. it's like the different notes and beats are dancing throughout my body, and energizing me. and it makes me so incredibly happy and i wish everyone could feel the same way i do. it's like i just want to hug the world and show everyone that there is such a great happiness to live for. there is so much hate and sorrow out there and i really think that music can make a big difference because its healing effects can go a long way.
    i'm so glad that there are so many people like you out there who love and appreciate music so much! i totally know the feeling you get when u're listening to music in public and everything just turns peaceful and beautiful...
    music is the best way for me to find order among the chaos of everyday life. it totally stabilizes me when i need more energy, or i need to calm down. i can experience every kind of emotion through music. it's so wonderful!!!
    ooh and i'm soo happy we can relate!!
    thank you!!!

10. Collapse Details

Needle
    No, thank you for your thoughts. Im happy to see this topic still lives.
    I know what you mean about a day without music. I don't know how it would go.
    Recently, I've had my DL suspended, so to get to work, unfortunately I have to depend on rides from various coworkers, most of who do not share my tastes at all. So, I just sneak my little CDwalkman, lag behind, and walk into work a few minutes later pumped up and ready to go.
    It definitely serves as my energy source.
    Its almost unbelievable, and not many can dig that. But again, it is so nice to know that others feel this too.

11. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Smile
    I love you guys man!

12. Collapse Details

Bump

13. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I'm delighted to know that a good trance record jerks a tear to someone else's eye too. Underground dance music used to be a part of my life and now it is my life. I feel like I can't have an educated conversation with members of the outside world sometimes b/c I rarely keep up with current events. People will ask me, "did you see that movie... and I'll retort with "did you hear that record..." DJing has totally consumed me to the point where I often only sleep 2 hours a night and then awaken to the sound of reality... the prelude to a fun filled day at Bank of America. I sport my baggy pants with pride on casual Friday to ensure everyone that responsible party kids do exist. I have somehow gotten off topic but the entirety of this post was inspired by one word... trance. Can any of you relate to this or am I truly a beat freak?

14. Collapse Details

Peace
    Originally posted by Jody:
    I feel like I can't have an educated conversation with members of the outside world sometimes b/c I rarely keep up with current events. People will ask me, "did you see that movie... and I'll retort with "did you hear that record..." ... I have somehow gotten off topic but the entirety of this post was inspired by one word... trance. Can any of you relate to this or am I truly a beat freak?
    Trust me, everything you said is felt by all of us in this thread. Especially me! I keep coming back to it, it is uplifting just to read all of the posts. I am a beat freak, music is so important to me. Be a proud beat freak, cause we all relate.
    Last edited by PsychoKitten; 04-01-2004 at 10:13.

15. Collapse Details

damn, my stoned words have touched so many...maybe i should start smoking again!?
    naw not yet, after april!
    ~hydra

16. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Peace
    I lovwe Trancs also, hey you sould check out, Oakenfold Tranceport and any of BT, and Oakenfold Cream fields. I just love Oakenfold. I show him once.
    Peace-Michelle

17. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    certainly a classic thread. this is really what is all about.

18. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    i really enjoyed reading through this thread. very interesting to hear that people feel the same way i do about music.

19. Collapse Details

I've had an interest in trance-type music for some time now, and just last night I decided to stop at the Wiz and pick up a few CDs. One of them was "Best of Trance: Volume 1." I cannot recall any CD from my purchases past that amazed/fascinated me as much as this one did. (No doubt the descriptions etc. of what feelings, emotions, and general effect trance can have on one's mind, and state of being, were described much better throughout the posts in this thread...which I'm glad I stumbled upon BTW...I don't normally visit Bluelight's music forum.)
    Anyway as being somewhat new to this genre of music I now ask for recommendations for trance CDs I can purchase. You guys/girls seem to know your stuff...now that I have my proverbial foot in the door, where should I go from here...?
    -Ryan

20. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Heart
    You know, I tried to avoid posting on this thread by the shear amount of cheese (ala hydra )
    Well, I figure I'd give in so here goes...
    Like most of you, music is my life. Music is why I wake in the morning, its why I go to work, its why I want to make a better person of myself. I love all music, with trance being my favorite genre. And the reason I love dance music so much.
    I can remember when I despised dance music. The constant beating repulsed me, as I favored music such as hip hop and r&b (well, mostly R&B) to the cheesey pop music that which I was exposed. Little did I know.
    Anyway, I was reading a magazine known as XY, and in it I found an advertisment for Timo Mass, music for the masses. I went on to napster and listened to some of the songs on the cd and decided I liked it. This was my intro into the lyricless world of electronic music. I wasn't hooked yet, but definately thirsty for more.
    A few months pass, and my friend who I work with asks me if I want to go to a rave in NY. I didn't have anything else to do so I said yes. When I went to the club, there was nothing BUT trance music. I was definately put into a different world. (and i hadn't even done any drugs...as I was drug free back then...oh the days). I danced my ass off with my friend when I asked her what kind of music this was. "Is this techno?" I asked. She replied that it was trance.
    Trance.
    That word stuck in my head. A while after the rave (like a few months), I went to the CD store to see if I could buy any trance music. I had no idea what to look for. I barely even knew what a DJ was. So, I picked up a CD that was on sale "Tranzworld all stars". I'm sure you all know what it is. To tell you the truth, the cover art is what persuaded me to buy it.
    Immediately, I put the CD in my car stereo. Everything was good, I like the music comming out of the speakers, and then a break came. I didn't know what a break was, but the music went silent and all of a sudden this sound came. If you've heard of Talla 2xlc's world in my eyes sonic gate remix then you know what i'm talking about.
    My head tightened up, I got all kindsa jittery. And I was happy, happy like "i'm on E" happy. I thought I was rolling for a whole minute while the break played...I was in love.
    Now, I hardly ever listen to pop music...only trance, or other dance music. And now I want to share this music with everyone I can, by spinning the music that captivates me so much.
    Do you smell cheese?

21. Collapse Details

|
    |
    |
    pop music is infinetly cheesier than trance

22. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Ninja
    Ok, maybe I've missed it, but in this whole thread about good trance, why has no-one mentioned Platipus!
    IMHO the Platipus crew are the producers of the best trance music i've ever heard, from their older and more analog sounding compilations (including work from Union Jack and Art of Trance), to newer stuff by Chab and Viola... Widescreen and Platipus Seven are awesome progressive trance compilations...
    I don't know what I'd do without trance, and not a day goes past that I don't listen to at least one track on some Platipus CD...
    Also, for a track that takes you on a journey, try Dancing with Kadafi by Infected Mushroom... It progresses through different styles, as if taking us through the different influences they've had, and culminates in a truly wonderful melody which makes me feel as if they are thanking us for something, perhaps thanking us for accompanying them on their journey, or for making that journey possible through our support, or just thanking whatever higher power they believe in for allowing them to do what they so obviously love...

23. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Today is your day Ryan. I have a killer trance cd recommendation list for you. These are the cds that changed my entire perception of what music is. I have since broadened my horizons but I never forget how I got here.
    Paul Oakenfold - Tranceport (wait till you hear this!)
    Cream Anthems 2000 (the very best trance anthems cd on the planet)
    Kimball Collins - ICU Session 1 (This was my first trance cd. It was glued to my hip for months)
    Sasha & Digweed - Expeditions ( one of the very best deep progressive trance cds)
    DJ Micro - Micro Tech Mix 2000 (hard/epic progressive trance)
    That should keep you busy. Let me know what you like the best and I'll recommend more cds from that sub genre. Enjoy!
    Jody

24. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    yaaaay, what an awsome thread, i agree hydra escp. on tha trance tip, man no matter what kind of day im having i can pop in Sandra collins - cream, or rank 1- such is life (marco v remix) or just anything uplifting and everything else kind of gets drowned out, it is wonderful that something so simple as music can change your outlook so drastically, much props on tha thread and keep it positive kidz
    Static

25. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    there's nothing like taking drugs and listening to one of those dance compilations!!
    it really makes you feel gud!
    but when i come down, boy do i need to listen to rock music!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast