Bluelight

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • BHO

20 29.85%
  • Bubble

17 25.37%
  • Distillate

3 4.48%
  • Rosin

9 13.43%
  • Kief

18 26.87%

Thread: Hash Poll

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

^ The closest on the poll to that would be kief. This thread has me thinking of all the different hashes out there, though. The poll could be more comprehensive and include things like Moroccan hash, finger hash, CO2 and PHO. I'm sure there are a couple other ones I haven't thought of either.

2. Collapse Details

Bluelight Crew
    ^yeah, I didn't think of those either. Finger hash, CO2, and PHO could definitely be added. Then another "Dry Sift" category that would cover charas and any imported hash, as well as the super high end Sift in certain U.S. states.

3. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Cannabis Discussion
    Film & Television
    Most of the hash I've had I've made myself, I just smoked some from an old grinder wash using isopropyl alcohol and I'm pretty roasted.

I love hash because I can smoke it in an indoor space, and it produces so little smoke or smell that it can't be smelled outside a door. It's even better than a vape for incognito stuff

I also find that it stays incredibly potent for years. I have some 3 year old hash I've smoked recently and it hasn't noticeably degraded!

What would y'all say the easiest way to produce hash from purchased bud would be for simple personal use? I prefer hash but can usually only find bud. I make presses of the stuff I get out of my grinder wash, and I've just used kief on it's own from time to time of course. I'm thinking maybe I could get a kief box and just get a press for it or heat it in wax paper.

4. Collapse Details

^ If you end up pressing/heating it, don't use actual wax paper. Use parchment paper instead.

5. Collapse Details

bho all day long.

dab dab a roo!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Fug View Post
    Whatever Moroccan Polm would be on that list?

I'm in the UK, the only hash I've seen here has been imported from Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Nepal, Lebanon, Morocco etc I've never come across home made BHO or Bubble or all this other fancy stuff!
    Seriously? Dabbing and BHO and shatter have become so popular in the states that alot of people dont even bother with weed anymore...I have a vape pen hat I can hit in public and unless you are super close, no one is the wiser.

7. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    My favorite is 99.97% pure thc-a crystals. Add terpines to it voilla potent shit

8. Collapse Details

Pillreports.com

Where do u get thc crystals?

9. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    They are not thc crystals. It's thca don't ask me how they do it but it around for $100 a gram. Thca is crystalline in its pure form no acetate was used to crystalize it. It's very new and unless your in Cali good luck finding it.
    And of course you know I can't discuss sources here bro.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bigazznugz View Post
    My favorite is 99.97% pure thc-a crystals. Add terpines to it voilla potent shit
    why thc-a?

people go through the effort to decarb....

11. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Why not? I'm dabbing anyway.
    Or vaping it so that not much effort.
    Heat is going to be applied regardless. The taste is clean and unless you add terpines to it you can really get caught off guard because the taste is different.
    I like high tech shit and this is a very potent product

12. Collapse Details

The pure crystals have been made in for awhile now for clinical trial purposes.

They have been using CO2 to extract from the plant and then they use a form of segmentation chromatography to isolate the THC-A to get close to 100%.

The store in Cali is just trying to market off of it, which I guess is working but just know that you are paying 5 times more for a 15% increase in potency.

13. Collapse Details

Pillreports.com

Thc Crystal plz. NE1?

14. Collapse Details

U mean the company he's probably getting it from? probably guilded extracts.

there are many companies selling to clinical/research places however they are not seen as one of the approved ones

15. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Yes guilds extacts is the only place I know that makes thc-a crystals.

16. Collapse Details

^ That's what I figured. Still though, at that price it seems more like a novelty to me.

Synthetic THC such as Marinol has been on the market for a while, but from what I understand it's actually MORE expensive to make the synthetic THC (as well as THCA, CBD, CBDA, CBG and CBGA) than it is to do it directly from the plant. I won't bother naming companies selling to clinical/research trials however that is public information. From what I understand, we haven't started doing actual clinical trials on THC-A yet, only THC as it relates to diseases and pain.

17. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Most definitely a novelty but still very nice.
    Other than that my other favorite way is a good bowl or bon, with a good indica strain and a good sativa or haze strain. I like making salads. I dress this salad with kief (dry sift is always preferred)
    And if I got it then a nice couple drops of melted rosin or shatter on top. Smoke it with hemo wick and blast the fuck off!

18. Collapse Details

I had to choose Bubble, cuz my new favorite wasn't really on the list... It's like a kief, kinda, as dry-sifting is part of the process. I friggin love it tho, it's decarboxylated keif basically... But it looks like chunks of chocolate fudge when it's done, but with a consistency of like a really hard bar of soap... Sooo good. All the present THC-A gets decarb'd into TCH and long cure and decarb also "degrades" the active THC into CBN... And, if it's made with a good strain, like mine was, you will have your CBD also...

I've bought all the different types of extracts at the clubs, solvents, non-solvents, rosins, nug-runs, etc. And, I prefer this method to anything out there. Cuz I'm not a money grubbing douche bag, I'll show you the vids that gave me the inspiration. Note, that a double boiler and pyrex were used, as opposed to the heat sources in the videos... Cleaner and super controlled heat and uber effective.

The original:
    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ry=afghan+hash

MrNiceGuy420's version/response:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNRLoKfmFZE

Enjoy, thank me later...hahaha, .
    Last edited by CBDizzle; 15-07-2016 at 01:35. Reason: spelling

19. Collapse Details
    Non full melty bubble problemos 
    Weed
    This was supposed to be in response to the mod who said that it is hard to get full melt ice/bubble hash... I just screwed up and hit "post quick reply", sorry, my baaad.

Anyway, here it what I've may be the reason:

This is mainly because people beat their herb too hard... I was first taught to use a cake mixer! Ha! Then, I switched to a big wooden spoon, but still whipped and beat it hard, being told that you must form a layer of foamy bubbles on the surface before letting that round sit. This is how most of it gets too much plant matter in it. Also, not having the right humidity and, of course, cold ambient temperature as well. But also what is super important is the need to only give it a few gentle stirs, don't beat it up and let the ice do most the work for you!
    Last edited by CBDizzle; 31-07-2016 at 01:01. Reason: I had to add the italic intro (to make sense...)

20. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    BHO simply because in my area butane extracted concentrates are always the most potent (90%+ THC content often) and the "best bang for your buck" in comparison to the others listed. Good butane oil dabbed off a rig with a quality nail has a distinctively thick yet at the same time smooth hit and taste that no other cannabis product can come close to imo.

21. Collapse Details

BHO is the way to go, makes the best (and more importantly strongest) wax whether shatter or crumble. FYI take crumble and put it in wax paper then squash it good and it becomes shatter, or let it start melting just a little and put in freezer for a few and itll turn into shatter to.
    More importantly is how you smoke wax. The nail is the most important thing you wanna go with a nice electric one or titanium, ceramic is overrated and way too easy to overheat and crack if you pull several dabs at a time like I do. Same with glass it gets too hot and is too weak for people who pull a lot of dabs. The better the rig the better the hit but as long as you get one with good air flow and that doesnt have too small a mouth hole you're good to go.
    As for dab sticks you want glass or titanium. People who use butter knives or screwdrivers are retarded they're smoking little bits of metal/metal fumes whether or not they think they are i'm about to graduate with a chemistry degree i know my stuff. They might think its harmless but its doing damage and by the time you start having symptoms your airways are fucked. Glass or titanium should be your only dab stick options, titanium is strong enough of a metal to resist the nails heat even if you get it glowing. Getting a nice electric or titanium nail, and a nice rig will save you money in the long run. Vaporizers if good ones are also great.
    Last edited by Norge-4-2-0; 01-08-2016 at 14:24.

22. Collapse Details

My favorite form of hash is BHO in the form of stable shatter, due to its ready availability, low price, and extremely high quality, purchased from medical dispensaries in CA.

23. Collapse Details

I like morrocan hash, or any other type of "classic" hashish, far more than modern concentrates, the concentrates are missing something that buds & hash have, missing the "warmth"

24. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by CBDizzle View Post
    This was supposed to be in response to the mod who said that it is hard to get full melt ice/bubble hash... I just screwed up and hit "post quick reply", sorry, my baaad.

Anyway, here it what I've may be the reason:

This is mainly because people beat their herb too hard... I was first taught to use a cake mixer! Ha! Then, I switched to a big wooden spoon, but still whipped and beat it hard, being told that you must form a layer of foamy bubbles on the surface before letting that round sit. This is how most of it gets too much plant matter in it. Also, not having the right humidity and, of course, cold ambient temperature as well. But also what is super important is the need to only give it a few gentle stirs, don't beat it up and let the ice do most the work for you!
    This has definitely been my experience making hash as well. The first few times I got really nice full melt bubble, but after seeing how low the yield was I tried stirring a lot harder and longer to improve it, which ended up with a much lower quality product (and not that much increase in yield anyway). I think you just have to accept that to get the super nice melty stuff, you're not gonna get a very large yield. I just get what I can and then throw the trim into some boiling water with butter to get the rest of the cannabinoids out.

25. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Cannabis Discussion
    Film & Television
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfucked View Post
    Seriously? Dabbing and BHO and shatter have become so popular in the states that alot of people dont even bother with weed anymore...I have a vape pen hat I can hit in public and unless you are super close, no one is the wiser.
    I have a vape pen for oil now too, it's simply amazing. Coolest thing I've ever owned, can use it anywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by ramajamsam View Post
    I like morrocan hash, or any other type of "classic" hashish, far more than modern concentrates, the concentrates are missing something that buds & hash have, missing the "warmth"
    I pretty much agree with this. I don't know why plain hash isn't as common anymore.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast