Bluelight

Thread: MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 4)

Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1343535960616263
Results 1,551 to 1,572 of 1572
  1. Collapse Details

Hello Everyone,

I just want to chime in. I have'nt been on this site for quite a while. This site used to be my lifeline. I was here literally 24/7. looking for cures and finding hope in the stories of people that have recovered. Now Im sure you all know that people recover. I was one of those who thought i would never get better. My recovery took roughly 4-5 years. Its hard to determine when full recovery happened because im sure as you all can tell its like chopping a tree and waiting for it to grow back again. which is actually a great analogy that I will come back to later.

Let me tell you quickly about my story. Early 2009 i was introduced to raving. I went hard on it! after my first night i took 2 pills the next day i took 2 more. this happened religiously almost every other week we would go to an event and roll, averaging 3-8 pills a night. some are back to back saturday and sunday. Fucking retarded I know. This was at the dying of the PLUR renaissance. rolling was magical. The environment was magical. New years eve on 2010 i decided i cant do it anymore. I was fucked. That was the beginning of a very long fucking journey.

I had it all. HPPD, DP/DR, Anhedonia, panic attacks, anxiety, deppression, and worst of all my mind was shit. I could not comprehend shit and reading became impossible. I couldnt have a conversation with anyone because my brain couldnt process wtf was going on. 1st year was hell. I was highly suicidal, i thought i fucked myself up for good and i kept telling myself "ok, im giving myself 3 weeks, 4 weeks , 2 months to get better." Slowly but surely the symptoms started to slowly fade. I think the panic attacks lasted for 6-8 months. Fucking shit. Tunnel vission year 1, HPPD year 1/2, Dp/Dr about year 3. I remember when it was only anhedonia/apathy was left. it was still a hard battle but i knew it was gonna go away.

Heres the thing. The synapses in your prefrontal cortex that does alot of the higher functions shriveled up due to the oxidation after rolling. You are in constant fight or flight mode (adrenaline fatigue). Those branches have been chopped and those branches are essential for a healthy brain function. looking back i wouldve done things differently i wouldve recovered faster. Am i the same person as from before the LTC. sadly no but as froo froo as it sounds LTC is actually something im really grateful that happened to me. It gave me massive understanding about the brain and a deeper understanding of depression.

Heres the cure. Ever heard the term the synapse that fires together wires together? Thats what you have to do. Your brain will heal, what you have to do is guide it to best direction. if you constantly worry, your brain is going to wire that way. Meditate, i wish i did this earlier. Mindfulness meditation will help you regain control of your thoughts. I had no control of my brain when this whole thing was happening and that was the one thing that really drove me insane. Work out, i worked out daily. Every fucking day! release endorphines and induces BDNF (neuroplasticity). omega 3's. multivitamins. healthy diet. Nothing else. The brain will heal guys. you can speed it up a little bit but make sure you guide it to who you want to be. If you constantly worry then those worry wires are gonna get stronger. Keep the endgame in mind and the middle part will work itself out.

Im sorry ya'll going though this, but keep on keeping on and one day you'll look back at this as a blessing as well.

feel free to email me if you need help raydelavin@gmail.com. this community has helped me tremendously and i prolly wont alive if i didnt find bluelight.

2. Collapse Details

That is a great recovery story my friend. Thank you for describing the details !

And yeh you are right. Neurons that fire together wire together....and if you don't use it, you will lose it. =P

Good luck for your future

3. Collapse Details

If you were to fall in love or something I think it would speed recovery x 10

4. Collapse Details

Did you have tinnitus to Ray?

5. Collapse Details

The tinnitus is pretty annoying -___- even more annoying than visual snow to me. With visual snow I can be like ok whatever hey I can still see everything fine and its not a huge hindrance at all. I feel like ive gotten used to it but it flares up when im more stressed. Even then its not a huge deal.

But tinnitus....its annoying bc I had also acclimated well to this such that I only noticed at night but somehow randomly a few days ago its been an obsession . I worry if I will at least get back to my baseline where I had habituated. Thats my main worry. Other than that id say im doing alright right now.

But the good thing is a lot of people (even tjose who didnt do drugs) have tinnitus and end up adjusting to it. I was certainly one of em until recently like a week ago.

Im still frustrated about it becoming 'aware' again but I know previously my strategy was mask it out, get on with my day, then soon enough id forget about it even without something to mask it.

Cotcha--any advice for this? Other than that im mentally feeling better but I don't want to let that tinnitus bullshit drag me down. I have anxiety about not thinking about the tinnitus lol. And the more I try to force it out the more its bothering me....
    Last edited by socrilus; 12-01-2017 at 02:28.

6. Collapse Details

Thank you very much for your post Yar0nin. I very much appreciate that you've posted your recovery! Nice to here you are better!!
    Regarding tinnitus, I don't actually mind it really, it sucks but I find it the least of my problems at the moment. Visual snow however, now that really pisses me off to the point of breakdown. It makes everything so dark and grim. Used to love dim lighted rooms as well. Anyone here reported a decrease in VS? I swear I've made a little progress, I remember it was so bad, the room looked awful when dark, there was no black it was just grey. Now it's defiantly black with hints of grey

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by HPPDOFF View Post
    Thank you very much for your post Yar0nin. I very much appreciate that you've posted your recovery! Nice to here you are better!!
    Regarding tinnitus, I don't actually mind it really, it sucks but I find it the least of my problems at the moment. Visual snow however, now that really pisses me off to the point of breakdown. It makes everything so dark and grim. Used to love dim lighted rooms as well. Anyone here reported a decrease in VS? I swear I've made a little progress, I remember it was so bad, the room looked awful when dark, there was no black it was just grey. Now it's defiantly black with hints of grey
    Thats interesting lol I find VS easier to deal with. But then again my VS is just the static aspect and the blue field phenomenon is enhanced. Both of those things I don't mind too much. Dark rooms the VS is the worst cause theres so much noise but ive accepted it. It doesn't interfere with my life.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by socrilus View Post
    Cotcha--any advice for this? Other than that im mentally feeling better but I don't want to let that tinnitus bullshit drag me down. I have anxiety about not thinking about the tinnitus lol. And the more I try to force it out the more its bothering me....
    Heh, don't think of a purple elephant.

Personally the tinnitus for me was pretty bothersome as I was obsessed with music and was very audio oriented, but what I've mainly noticed is that it gets louder if I listen for it while it gets quieter if I focus on other sensory genres, for example if I focus on letting my gaze relax into the back of my eyelids while paying attention to my hands and breathing.

As a caveat, I had had some tinnitus from noise induced hearing loss from before and I got it acutely regularly from loud music, jaw clenching on amphetamine/sleep deprivation, and then I also went on to work at a lumberyard with loud saws so its not like I only had experience with tinnitus from the LTC. That may have helped me a bit. That's probably analogous to an experienced psychedelic user getting HPPD vs. a drug na´ve person getting HPPD.

9. Collapse Details

Hey aDUBBS,

I never had tinnutis luckily

I did have Visual snow/hppd. That was a bitch. It was actually one of the first symptoms to go away. I would say 6-9 months till it was completely gone. Amidst all the bullshit I just realized that it wasnt there anymore.

Again just want to let you all know. Everything goes back to baseline.

10. Collapse Details

Anyone out there had tinnitus go away? I have it too. Not my worst symptoms and it's lower than it was. But, still annoying.

11. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by fnono33 View Post
    Anyone out there had tinnitus go away? I have it too. Not my worst symptoms and it's lower than it was. But, still annoying.
    I had tinnitus before my LTC due to moderate hearing loss in my right ear. It honestly goes away when you learn to ignore it. I only hear it when I'm actively thinking about it, otherwise I don't notice it. Just learn to accept it and in time you will no longer notice it.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by PillsAndKills View Post
    I had tinnitus before my LTC due to moderate hearing loss in my right ear. It honestly goes away when you learn to ignore it. I only hear it when I'm actively thinking about it, otherwise I don't notice it. Just learn to accept it and in time you will no longer notice it.
    Agreed--ive had the tinnitus for a while now in the LTC but I was ignoring it for the most part.

Then due to some stress I developed the OCD obsession with it and I can't stop myself from obsessing and checking for it. Its been a whole week with this debilitating obsession when I would otherwise feel ok (no depression, etc) if I didn't have the obsession. So that in itself makes me extremely pissed that I un-habituated to it literally in the span of a day or two from stress when I became hyperaware and its taking way longer to re habituate. Theres the typical rumination about having gotten my obsession about it in the first place. And ive been trying to "not think" about it and refocus my attention with CBT+mindfulness but that makes me keep thinking about it.

Idk how to get rid of my obsession really quickly. Of course it will probably resolve eventually but I get so anxious about when it will resolve. Its bad enough such that in fact when I notice im *not* obsessing about it I start obsessing about it. And the issue is it feels completely out of my control it just automatically happens. I really don't feel I have control over my mind when its doing this and I want my control back.

13. Collapse Details

During ww1 they used to just put patients to sleep for weeks at a time to cure ptsd. I wonder if that would work for us.

14. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I completely empathise with you obsessing over it. I was obsessing over every symptom I was getting for the first few months and my mind would race to all sorts of conclusions. Thats anxiety for you.

My advice would be to focus on treating your anxiety and understanding that you are fine. Then you will be able to learn to ignore tinnitus and/or any other symptoms you are getting. Thats what worked for me, it feels easy saying it now because I remember when I was in that obsessive thinking pattern and it fucking sucks. But it will improve in time I guarantee you that.

15. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    During ww1 they used to just put patients to sleep for weeks at a time to cure ptsd. I wonder if that would work for us.
    I don't thint that putting people into artificial sleep for weeks (which causes heavy distribution of neurotransmitter systems) is a good idea. Remember that Insulin coma therapy and lobotomy were also famous "curing" methods even into the 60s.
    Nowadays medical marijuana is common in the US for war veterans with PTSD, maybe someone here tried mild weed with low THC content for their symptoms?
    The most people here say that they make bad experiences with weed, but I think medical marijuana may be another thing than regular weed.
    I think at least it may could help coping the psychological symptoms? Anyone with experiences?

16. Collapse Details

I have constant tinnitus which is obviously worse when trying to go to sleep in a quiet room. I've found pink noise really helps. Search pink noise on youtube and there's a 10hr loop of it. I play this through my phone and leave it running all night on a low volume on the bedside table. It cancels out the crazy high frequencies of tinnitus which drive you insane.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by PillsAndKills View Post
    I completely empathise with you obsessing over it. I was obsessing over every symptom I was getting for the first few months and my mind would race to all sorts of conclusions. Thats anxiety for you.

My advice would be to focus on treating your anxiety and understanding that you are fine. Then you will be able to learn to ignore tinnitus and/or any other symptoms you are getting. Thats what worked for me, it feels easy saying it now because I remember when I was in that obsessive thinking pattern and it fucking sucks. But it will improve in time I guarantee you that.
    I mean I was ignoring them fine before so I'm not sure what happened and if the actual noise increased or whether my anxiety decided that it was time to latch onto this.

Anyways the Klonopin seems to help with the tinnitus but I don't know if this is because it reduces my anxiety or whether its because its reducing the noise directly or both.

And if Klonopin helps this is that a good sign that when my anxiety dissapates that ill get the same effect?

I'm hoping that its louder because of anxiety and not louder because it actually got worse for some reason cause at least the anxiety part of it is treatable but I don't want to rely on a benzo.

But im so scared of other stuff cause I don't want to make this or anything else like sex drive worse

18. Collapse Details

I wouldn't be surprised if this helps with HPPD, but I think weeks would be a bit too much. There are residual effects to general anesthesia that can last a couple days in multi-hour surgeries (this is especially noted to last weeks to months in the elderly), and the brain might rebound to some degree. But I think a 2-3 days of anesthesia would be interesting to try to let the brain reset.

The effect could be similar to taking a mood stabilizer like a sodium channel antagonist (lamotrigine caused a rapid remittance of HPPD in a patient for example).

19. Collapse Details

Guys,

So few sucess stories, I'm starting to get very unmotivated.
    WTH???
    I'm desperate!

20. Collapse Details

What are your symptoms?

21. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    @cotcha: Does the serotonin metabolism in the brain really turn to normal after 2-3 years? Because I realized when I take 5-HTP for a few days now my remained symptoms disappear fully, that's why I'm curious how long it takes until the serotonin metabolism normalizes.

22. Collapse Details

5-HTP affects more than just serotonin. I think it also has an impact on cortisol and dopamine levels. 5-HT 1A is one of the intersection points between serotonin and cortisol I think.

Also @cotcha

If you do poorly on SSRIs or 5-HTP is that due to the impact on dopamine or cortisol levels? Like if 5-HTP leads to a bad reaction could that be due to it lowering dopamine?

Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1343535960616263