Bluelight

Thread: Phenibut - 10 Years Experience - A Comprehensive Long-Term Synopsis and Usage Guide

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Honestly had zero withdrawal symptoms after about a month of daily use at about 2 grams a day. At least no symptoms during a 4 day break, at which point I dosed again. Haven't gone back to using it daily though.

2. Collapse Details

I never really enjoyed this stuff all that much. Mostly it just made me feel somewhat groggy and off feeling.

Recently I tried dosing higher in order to see what everyone was talking about. I tried about 1.6 grams (i posted about it a ways up in this thread). I did enjoy it but not really enough where I desired to use again.

I have been tapering from long term high dosage Tianeptine. My doses are getting low so I feel constantly on the edge of opiate withdrawal most of the day. Sleeping is difficult.

I tried taking 750mg of phenibut yesterday and again today. I didn't get high but I noticed I am much more comfortable despite tapering Tianeptine. I'm not achey, depressed, anxious etc. I slept much better.

I think I am in trouble. Im gonna have to try really hard not to trade one addiction for another.

3. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Trip Reports
    Philosophy and Spirituality
    The Dark Side
    You should just not do it every day, but every other day or less often. Then you get some days of relief, but you don't develop a physical addiction to phenibut. You're not experiencing full-blown withdrawals right, just discomfort, slight withdrawals?

4. Collapse Details

Yea only slight withdrawals as I'm doing a long drawn out taper and am finally getting down to really low doses.

I realise I shouldnt use everyday but I also realise I'm an addict... Hopefully I can resist but the relief I felt yesterday and today was really nice... Atleast I am able to recognize it as a problem before it becomes one. Now it's just a matter of making sure it doesn't become (another) one.

5. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Trip Reports
    The Dark Side
    Yep, that's the key. IMO, phenibut is a lot easier to control than opiates (I was an opiate addict for 10 years). Phenibut is much less compulsive, I think partly due to the length of time it takes to come on, and partly because it's more of a background effects type of drug. However, it is really easy to want to do daily because it is so nice. My advice is to make a schedule and stick to it, just don't let yourself veer from the schedule. In my experience, every other day is manageable, you can have some slight rebound anxiety for a couple of days if you stop that pattern after you've been doing it for a while but it's absolutely nothing even remotely close to opiate withdrawals.

6. Collapse Details

Current Events and Politics
    Enjoyed reading this thread. Got 50 grams or so but didnt have effects to excite me enough to buy more. I was probably taking too much. Ill have to revisit it perhaps.

On the subject, neurontin is a great relaxant,enhances opiates, or ease the body when in opiate wd.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by morninggloryseed View Post
    Enjoyed reading this thread. Got 50 grams or so but didnt have effects to excite me enough to buy more. I was probably taking too much. Ill have to revisit it perhaps.

On the subject, neurontin is a great relaxant,enhances opiates, or ease the body when in opiate wd.
    If you don't mind me asking, how much were you taking? I ask since you say you were probably taking too much. Usually people complain of feeling sick or dizzy when they dose past a certain amount.

8. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Trip Reports
    The Dark Side
    Neurontin is alright but phenibut is far better, IMO. Just gotta dose it right, as this report tries to emphasize.

9. Collapse Details

Agree 100% ^^^ I do feel one must have some self control if planning on using phenibut. Because it builds tolerance (I mean most substances do - especially ones that mess with GABAb or GABAa) I personally haven't experienced withdrawal on phenibut. When I take it, it's usually for motivation to get things done - since it gives me energy. The crazy things it seems like it last 24 hours or more. For example if I take about 1.5–2 grams on a Monday at 11am. I get tons done at my house, for work - I'm like super productive. Yet I can take a Xanax before bed and the Xanax knocks me out. But I wake up in the morning with the same motivation. But it's start wearing off about noonish. But I am still pretty productive. By Tuesday evening my body has slight pains especially in my legs, probably due to all the moving i did the prior day. Then by Wednesday morning I feel fine again. I usually only try to take phenibut when I need that extra push to get me going. Especially this time of year when it's colder.

Gabapentin doesn't really do much for me.

10. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Trip Reports
    The Dark Side
    Yeah phenibut lasts a good 24 hours I'd say, though the peak is around hours 6 to 12 for me. I get the leg pains only when I take a bit too much. I can hit this perfect point where I get the full euphoria and no leg pains, but sometimes that dose doesn't quite fully get me there so I usually go for a bit over and then I tend to get very slight leg pains in the later part of the effects. If I take solidly too much the leg pains are pretty intense and there is no euphoria, just fatigue and a strange listless feeling. The difference between slightly too much (where the effects are still great) and "solidly" too much can be as little as 250mg, 500mg can make a big difference. Which is why I recommend the slow working up of dose to find your optimal dose that I describe in my report.

I've been taking it quite a bit recently due to lots of social stuff for Christmas and recovery from variou stimulants (due to some situations around Christmas). Gotta taper it down a bit. It takes a while to produce withdrawal but it certainly can. I'm at the stage now where for a couple of days, if I don't take it, I feel pretty flat and low, and nervous socially. Not a big deal but also not where I want to be. I've been doing 2 days in a row and one day off, or every other day, kinda alternating, for a couple weeks. Took it today since I didn't yesterday, and might tomorrow because I am going to meet a bunch of my girlfriend's childhood family friends and stuff and I don't want to feel antisocial. And I'd really like to on NYE but I'm going to spend that with my friends and 3 days in a row is just a bad idea when I'm already skirting the edge, so I'm not going to. Gonna see how I feel tomorrow, I maybe I just won't take it, might be fine since I skipped a day yesterday.

Overall it's a pretty forgiving drug but it's easy to slip into a bit too frequent use, since the effects are so positive, helpful and benign. Also pretty easy to get back out though, compared to many other things.

11. Collapse Details

It's wonderous!!

12. Collapse Details

It's okay. The music enhancing effects are underrated especially since you have to go out of your way to listen to music for it to work.

It's a very useful drug for getting off other drugs like alcohol or opiates.

13. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Trip Reports
    The Dark Side
    Quote Originally Posted by noone1 View Post
    The music enhancing effects are underrated especially since you have to go out of your way to listen to music for it to work.
    I don't understand this statement at all... how hard is it to turn on some music?? Anyway for me the main benefit is in playing music or doing any art really... it puts me in "the flow" so hard.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Xorkoth View Post
    I don't understand this statement at all... how hard is it to turn on some music?? Anyway for me the main benefit is in playing music or doing any art really... it puts me in "the flow" so hard.
    Not hard at all I was trying to convey how subtle phenibut is that's all. I forget I'm even using phenibut a lot of the time. Then I put my mp3 player on and I remember how awesome it is for music. Sometimes it doesn't feel like you are using anything at all where as I use a drug I expect certain things.

15. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Trip Reports
    The Dark Side
    Ah yeah, very true. That's what I like about it. I feel sober but just augmented in a way where I tend to get really into things, I tend to be in a great mood, I tend to want to socialize I lot more and more easily, and I feel confident in myself. It's not like a high really, it's like an augmentation of sobriety. And I like that sort of thing.

16. Collapse Details

I suffer from social phobia and I can't believe how effective phenibut is at totally killing it. wow, why is this drug being ignored on so many levels. Probably because it's Russian. I'm glad it's remaining in the shadows.

17. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Very informative and helpful post, thanks Xorkoth.
    I am a musician, or at least one of the people who hang around with musicians, you know drummers and your description of it's ability to enhance playing/listening to music is what really got me interested in this substance.

I am in the very early stages of experimenting with it and am following your recommendations regarding doseage.

One thing I have read about during my research on phenibut that you did not address is whether or not the ph level of the stomach has an effect on phenibut.
    I observed that you dose first thing after waking up so obviously you dose on an empty stomach however I am wondering about your opinion regarding after doseing.

I have read that for phenibut to have a full effect it must be dosed on an empty stomach and that an acidic environment helps even further.

As I mentioned I am literally only just starting out with this stuff but had a reaction recently that may support the theory of acidity/alkalinity having an effect.

My first dose was 500mg on an empty stomach and I did not eat for around 4 hours after dosing and I got a great effect, everything your article lead me to expect.

Second dose one week later at 750mg taken on an empty stomach started well, I could feel it coming on just like the first time, however at around two and a half hours after dosing I drank a large smoothie made on soy milk which as I have since found out is around 7 on the ph scale, after drinking this my experience abruptly trailed of to the point that I started to feel the opposite of what I got the first time, I actually started to feel quite anxious and short tempered and lost all motivation to play music.

As I write this I am on my third experience, I went back to 500mg but this time as well as making sure I had an empty stomach I consumed a coke with my dose which is obviously a very acidic beverage.

I am currently three hours into this experience and it is going very well once again, I am about to start playing my drums and can't wait to do so.

Perhaps I am reading to much into it, however it was an extremely noticeable effect and the only thing that seems to explain my reaction was the change in the ph of my stomach.

Once again thanks for the great write up.

18. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    So I am confident I have answered my own question but it would still be good to hear the opinion of someone more experienced with phenibut.

I have read a lot regarding how the ph level of the stomach at the time of dosing can have a profound effect on phenibut absorbsion.

After my experience which I referred to in my previous post I have dosed at 750mg again today and again consumed my dose with a coke and have taken no food after dosing for several hours and am enjoying a great experience once again.
    Definitely seems like it is important to dose on an empty stomach and not to consume anything that will raise the ph of the stomach to soon after dosing, at least this seems to be the case for me.
    Last edited by vision conquest; 24-02-2017 at 08:09. Reason: spelling mistake

19. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Trip Reports
    The Dark Side
    Interesting. I usually take the bulk of my dose in the morning shortly after waking up, and I end up eating breakfast 1-2 hours after I take it. Then I take the rest of my dose in the early afternoon. So I guess it coincides with not having any or much food in the stomach. I get very consistent effects from it so I guess that supports your belief.

20. Collapse Details

Thanks for posting this - I was just looking for a decent overview for a friend earlier today!

21. Collapse Details

Sounds like phenibut has many of the same effects as GHB. Claude Rifat always said that sociabalising drugs (like GHB) are the true anti-depressants. It also seems to have the same small window between ideal effects and overdose, complicated by the supposedly near-instantaneous development of tolerance.

Have you ever tried using it rectally to reduce the speed of onset? Of course, you have to pH buffer it. I tried it once, using sodium bicarbonate to raise the pH. It worked well, but it took me so long to get the pH right for that one dose that it wasn't worth the trouble, and it still burned a little bit. I guess it would be possible to buffer the whole batch and dose volumetrically, but I never bothered.

I'm pretty much impervious to anxiety--almost to a fault--so phenibut hasn't really done much for me except as a sleep aid. For that, I use it occasionally in doses of 80 to ~140mg, but the slow onset makes it pretty useless unless I'm anticipating having difficulty sleeping hours in advance (such as when I've taken an phenethylamine psychedelic.) It's nice in that it produces easy, restful, natural-feeling sleep (even better than GHB) for a full night, and I don't get next day drowsiness. I think I tried it at 200 or 250mg once (edit: actually I checked, it was 655mg), and it cause a bit of nausea and next day drowsiness which eventually crested into a feeling of beatific hypomania on the comedown. I was surprised to have such strong effects from such a small dose, and the nausea and fog have provided me with the little impetus I've needed to steer clear of recreational doses of it.

I'm glad to have this info, as I have a friend suffering from -severe- acute anxiety, but is unwilling to use benzos after seeing their destructive effects on his old friends. He's trying the whole holistic shebang, but it might be good to have something for the next day or two. Unfortunately, it seems that while phenibut is spectacularly effective for social anxiety, I don't hear much that suggests it's good for generalised anxiety.
    Last edited by Pfafffed; 25-02-2017 at 16:46.

22. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Trip Reports
    The Dark Side
    I used to use it rectally. Problem is it burns. I have settled on oral as the best ROA.

That's cool you get effects at such a small dose... I wouldn't even feel 80-140mg... I don't think I ever would have.

I'd say phenibut is great for anxiety in general. It doesn't mask like a benzo, it's more like it makes you feel like everything is good. Probably the best anti-anxiety thing I've taken, but it takes quite a while to work and it doesn't shut off any thought processses, it just makes you feel good. I don't suffer from any sort of clinical anxiety either so it may be that it's not good for that, I really couldn't say.

But yeah, hypomania is exactly how I'd describe the effects.

23. Collapse Details

Honestly, I wouldn't say that I get effects at 80-140mg, just that it's (often) therapeutically active for me at this low dose. Two hours after taking it, I find myself able to sleep, but I wake up the next day with no effects.

I checked my notes, and I was wrong about the dosage I took to get noticeable sociabalising effects - that turned out to be 655mg. So I'm overall still pretty sensitive, but that's more in line with other people's experiences.

24. Collapse Details

Yes, small doses (~100mg) help me both fall asleep and stay asleep without producing much in the way of any other noticeable effects. When I dose for sleep, I make sure to take it about three hours before bedtime.

I've noticed with recreational doses I sleep very well that night (obviously) as well as the next night too as maybe there are still some tiny lingering effects. Then on the third night I find it noticeably more difficult to fall asleep... Like some kind of rebound insomnia.

25. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Trip Reports
    The Dark Side
    Yeah recreational doses make me very sleepy at night when I lay down. Though if I don't lay down and close my eyes I don't get sleepy, unless I take too much in which case staying away is very difficult.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast