Bluelight

Thread: What could be wrong with my health physically?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Cannabis Discussion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibult View Post
    rarerran, in all seriousness, if this is as uncomfortable as you make it seem you should get a doctor to check you out. Preferably a private physician but even a walk-in clinic would be better than nothing (in most places.)
    or a CT scan, it's possible there's a benign tumour and it's being aggravated by the effects of the THC.

i hate to be that guy who says CANCER to everything like WebMD but if it IS cancer an early diagnosis is better.

then there's the Risperidone. that is some heavy shit to be taking on the regular, wouldn't be surprised if this is a side-effect of prolonged usage.

2. Collapse Details

Ex-Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by thujone View Post
    or a CT scan, it's possible there's a benign tumour and it's being aggravated by the effects of the THC.

i hate to be that guy who says CANCER to everything like WebMD but if it IS cancer an early diagnosis is better.

then there's the Risperidone. that is some heavy shit to be taking on the regular, wouldn't be surprised if this is a side-effect of prolonged usage.
    I would be inclined to say that if it were cancer, weed would act as a painkiller to mask symptoms. Usually, when a painkiller causes headaches, it's because it affects a system outside the skull, like the heart or the intestines. For example opioids are known to cause rebound headaches, because they decrease intestinal transit causing constipation. This doesn't match well with the fact that the pressure increased abruptly. If a mass was responsible for the pressure, the pressure could only increase if the mass increases, so for the pressure to increase abruptly, the mass also has to increase abruptly which is impossible. Also, by the time you feel a pressure, severe neurological symptoms would appear.

3. Collapse Details

You shouldn't be worried about radiation from one scan, leads me to think it might be psychosomatic. It could be anything don't listen to people on the internet go to a doctor.

4. Collapse Details

Ex-Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by noone1 View Post
    You shouldn't be worried about radiation from one scan, leads me to think it might be psychosomatic. It could be anything don't listen to people on the internet go to a doctor.
    By listen, you mean obey? To listen is one thing and to obey is another. No one is asking for the OP to obey, but we do want the OP to listen and use critical thinking. Did the OP give you any reason, in this topic, to believe that he/she is lacking judgement, so that you feel the need to judge in her place? I think the OP has good judgement.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ksa View Post
    By listen, you mean obey? To listen is one thing and to obey is another. No one is asking for the OP to obey, but we do want the OP to listen and use critical thinking. Did the OP give you any reason, in this topic, to believe that he/she is lacking judgement, so that you feel the need to judge in her place? I think the OP has good judgement.
    We don't have all of OPs information, health history nor do we have access to the machines that can rule out life threatening health problems. I also doubt anyone here has the education and experience of a medical doctor, anyone can look up information and apply it but without the real world experience it is worthless. I would not put my health in the hands of the internet and random strangers, I mean you could but such a person is a fool in my opinion.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by noone1 View Post
    We don't have all of OPs information, health history nor do we have access to the machines that can rule out life threatening health problems. I also doubt anyone here has the education and experience of a medical doctor, anyone can look up information and apply it but without the real world experience it is worthless. I would not put my health in the hands of the internet and random strangers, I mean you could but such a person is a fool in my opinion.
    A lot of us agree with you. I think that, to some extent, Ksa does too.... he just seems to be skeptical of doctors in general (just an inferred assumption, Ksa, not trying to judge) and would prefer others to be capable enough to think as completely as possible through their problem before seeking professional help. It's not a bad way to go about things, but the average internet users these days aren't very good at figuring shit out when they've got medical websites telling them they've either got cancer of the toe with a 89% chance or sinusitis with a 37% chance.

I could be wrong but I think that's what's going on here. I, for one, thought a finding a doctor would be best early on in this thread, but that's admittedly because I'm an anxiety-stricken, stressed out sum bitch who tends to think in worst-case scenarios despite how unlikely they may seem... and plus, I've always thought erring on the side of caution was best when it comes to your head (and several other body parts too, actually.)

Still on the fence about the whole judgement thing, though, for what it's worth.

7. Collapse Details

Ex-Bluelighter
    ^ It's important to distinguish medicine, the science and practice of the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease, from general education. As a quick example, a great psychiatrist by the name of Doctor Mailloux, denounces in a french radio show, how doctors prescribe Rivotril(clonazepam) to treat psychosis. He says:

Mailloux: Rivotril does nothing to treat psychosis. Rivotril is just alcohol in pills. Are we that dumb to believe that Rivotril, Xanax or Valium are able to improve psychosis?

Josee: But when we are talking about a family, living with a mentally ill relative, they don't know all that...they aren't doctors!

Mailloux: I do not practice medicine when I tell you this: Type it on google, type it on Google and you will see that Rivotril, what I told you about it will be explained in great detail, it treats anxiety...

Josee: But a doctor should know this.

Mailloux: A doctor should type it on google.

The conversation can be found here in french at minute 24:00 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41yN95xh0e0

On this site there is an epidemic of ignorance, where people cannot tell the difference between being ignorant and not being a doctor, or between being informed and practicing medicine. Doctor Mailloux stresses the fact that you don't have to be an idiot just because there are doctors. The practice of medicine is one thing, and having certain knowledge is another. There isn't a single member on this site that is practicing medicine. Not one. There are however, plenty of people who tell you to go see a doctor when you ask what a NSAID is, rather than listening to some random dude on a website tell you what a NSAID really is.

GOOGLE IT! I'll say it again:

GOOGLE!

8. Collapse Details

I'm not saying you should take 100% whatever a doctor says as gospel of course they can be wrong and you should educate yourself and ask questions and get second opinions. But you do not diagnose yourself even if you where a world renowned expert in the disease you have you do not treat yourself because of bias, the person who treats themselves has a fool for a doctor

9. Collapse Details

^ It's important to distinguish medicine, the science and practice of the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease, from general education. As a quick example, a great psychiatrist by the name of Doctor Mailloux, denounces in a french radio show, how doctors prescribe Rivotril(clonazepam) to treat psychosis. He says:

Mailloux: Rivotril does nothing to treat psychosis. Rivotril is just alcohol in pills. Are we that dumb to believe that Rivotril, Xanax or Valium are able to improve psychosis?

Josee: But when we are talking about a family, living with a mentally ill relative, they don't know all that...they aren't doctors!

Mailloux: I do not practice medicine when I tell you this: Type it on google, type it on Google and you will see that Rivotril, what I told you about it will be explained in great detail, it treats anxiety...

Josee: But a doctor should know this.

Mailloux: A doctor should type it on google.

The conversation can be found here in french at minute 24:00 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41yN95xh0e0

On this site there is an epidemic of ignorance, where people cannot tell the difference between being ignorant and not being a doctor, or between being informed and practicing medicine. Doctor Mailloux stresses the fact that you don't have to be an idiot just because there are doctors. The practice of medicine is one thing, and having certain knowledge is another. There isn't a single member on this site that is practicing medicine. Not one. There are however, plenty of people who tell you to go see a doctor when you ask what a NSAID is, rather than listening to some random dude on a website tell you what a NSAID really is.

GOOGLE IT! I'll say it again:

GOOGLE!

You overestimate the average person's objectivity.

All I'm saying is a typical person with a truthfully baffling health problem can go online and find information that points to how they're going to die in two weeks, and how they'll be okay but if it persists call a doctor two weeks from now, and how it's just stress, and how they want to get an EKG done to check out their heart, and how they PROBABLY have borderline personality disorder even though they just wanted to find out if that cough they had was serious-- and they'll be able to apply every single one of those possibilities to themselves and, depending on how their mental state is that day, they're going to jump to either the worst case scenario or the best case scenario and ignore all the extremely much more likely possibilities in between.

People tend not to be objective when the subject of concern is their own body.

The internet is awesome. It's fucking WONDERFUL, don't get me wrong-- but it also instills a false sense of omnipotence as people become over reliant on looking things up and care less about actually knowing things.

Doctors can (<--- keyword right there) be awesome, too-- fucking WONDERFUL even. I'll even go as far to agree with you that a person should be as informed as possible before seeking medical help, unless faced with a life-threatening emergency.

For what it's worth, nobody heard "NSAID" and said "Bro, idk, go see a doctor."

OP clams to have mysterious head issues and you're sitting here playing 21 questions pretending to be his doctor while advising him not to go see a doctor and google it instead.

Fuck how eloquently you can put a sentence together, they're something wrong with the way you think, bro. Maybe you think you're smarter than everybody, maybe you're unable to hold onto the concept that everybody thinks differently than you, maybe you distrust anything that's not behind a computer screen, or maybe you're just bad at giving medical advice.... because that's all you're doing here, giving advice, pulling possibilities out of your ass and then acting like we're lesser-than's because we don't treat Google like an all-knowing medical omnibus?

Google knows damn near everything, but it's up to the people using it to differentiate between truth and falsehoods. People are bad at that in times of stress. Medical emergencies are stressful times.

Put the shit together, man, the line of thinking isn't really that difficult to follow unless you're one of the people I'm referring to.... which would be a shame, because up until that last post you were beginning to convince me otherwise.

10. Collapse Details

Ex-Bluelighter
    ^ Forum Rules state: "BL is not a substitute for medical treatment in emergent situations." Everyone understood that and no-one can post without reading the rules. Stop spamming the topic.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ksa
    There isn't a single member on this site that is practicing medicine. Not one
    Huh?
    Don't let's feed the troll
    ✺✹✺✹BLUA✺✹✺✹

12. Collapse Details

^ Forum Rules state: "BL is not a substitute for medical treatment in emergent situations." Everyone understood that and no-one can post without reading the rules. Stop spamming the topic.
    I'll stay quiet when you stop spewing bullshit on the subject.

It's full-circle, really, all you have you do is break the cycle somewhere.

13. Collapse Details

fact: Whatever I have is made worse by THC. So that would rule out pretty much everything right? If I had a bad brain condition and I consumed THC then the THC if anything should mask the pain as someone above said not make it worse right?

Surely there must be some condition caused by too much THC in too short a time?

Unless the edible was contaminated by some chemical that's done something bad to my THC receptors?

It is interesting when this was triggered I actually did use a new edible from a different source. However a couple months later when my condition was made worse I was using an edible I was familiar with and had used before many times.

It's as if my THC receptors (CB1, CB2)/cannabinoid system has been damaged by THC overload or some bad chemical that affects the THC receptors adversely.

Is it possible for synthetic cannabinoids to exist in edibles as well as weed for smoking? Could my receptors have been damaged by some really dodgy synthetic cannabinoid?

For what it's worth, the discomfort is bearable and isn't getting worse as time goes on. Whether it's getting better or not as time goes on is hard to tell.

The doctor seemed confident it would go away on its own but I'm not convinced. How can she say that without knowing what's going on in my brain? Just because I pass a few physical tests doesn't mean my brain is fine.

14. Collapse Details

Surely there must be some condition caused by too much THC in too short a time?
    Acute cannabis toxicity results in difficulty with coordination, decreased muscle strength, decreased hand steadiness, postural hypotension, lethargy, decreased concentration, slowed reaction time, slurred speech, and conjunctival injection. Large doses of THC may produce confusion, amnesia, delusions, hallucinations, anxiety, and agitation, but most episodes remit rapidly. Long-term users may experience paranoia, panic disorder, fear, or dysphoria.

Quote Originally Posted by rarerran View Post
    Could my receptors have been damaged by some really dodgy synthetic cannabinoid?
    Make your own edibles if you think this is a possibility; get rid of it.

How can she say that...?
    Ask her.

15. Collapse Details

I still think this sounds like anxiety, especially if smoking weed makes it worse.

Yesterday I had a panic attack which made me feel a strong tingling numb sensation in both my hands. Anxiety can make you feel a lot of things

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bagseed View Post
    I still think this sounds like anxiety, especially if smoking weed makes it worse.

Yesterday I had a panic attack which made me feel a strong tingling numb sensation in both my hands. Anxiety can make you feel a lot of things

I know no one asked but that tingling sensation is how I know I'm having a panic attack, but for me it progresses to numbness and creeps up my arms and legs.

All thanks to hyperventilating without even realizing it.

17. Collapse Details

What I have is made worse by THC, which leads me to think I have damaged my CB1 receptors.

Is it possible to damage CB1 receptors by:
    1. Too much THC in too short a time
    2. Some sort of contaminant?

And I think it's worth noting the time my head sensation was first triggered I had consumed a cannabis edible from a new source I had never tried before.

Also strangely enough I can now only feel the sensation on the right hemisphere of my brain. The left part of my brain feels normal (ie I don't feel anything on that side). Wouldn't this suggest it is improving? The sensation I do feel feels like a cross between pressure (like the feeling you get in your ears when you are in a plane that descends) and a watery sensation as if the affected part of my brain is submerged in some sort of fluid.

18. Collapse Details

You seem like you constantly avoid those posts which suggest that the problem might be of psychological nature. Not saying that I know that for a fact, but it is quite common that people with anxiety look for a physiological cause of the weird sensations they experience.

THC and cannabinoids in cannabis have never been shown to be toxic or produce brain damage, and the possibility of some weird contaminant is basically fishing in the dark.

19. Collapse Details

I can assure you what I am feeling is physical. And the trigger was definitely a cannabis edible I consumed last July- a toffee that claimed to contain 60mg of THC. Although I was already very high (from an edible from a different source) when I consumed it

20. Collapse Details

How can you be sure?

21. Collapse Details

because it feels like the worst headache of my life. and it's always there no matter how I am feeling emotionally

I know what anxiety is and how anxiety feels like, and I have never had anything remotely like this at all before eating that edible ~6 months ago

22. Collapse Details

In you initial post, you describe it as "not painful". What is it now? Another time you state that using weed makes it worse.

I'll say it again, anxiety can make you feel a lot of weird things (some years ago, I regularly felt my cheeks go numb when having a panic attack), especially if you focus a lot on these feelings.

23. Collapse Details

Current Events and Politics
    Non-Electronic Music Discussion
    Shielding off the weakening beams of salvation shining upon the mournful gloom of Earth
    because it feels like the worst headache of my life. and it's always there no matter how I am feeling emotionally

I know what anxiety is and how anxiety feels like, and I have never had anything remotely like this at all before eating that edible ~6 months ago
    But anxiety is known to cause head pressure. Cannabis is NOT known for causing head pressure when you are not high on it. It is also not known to cause neurological damage as you describe it.

Given that cannabis does cause anxiety and anxiety can cause such odd sensations, we have a known correlation here. It doesn't make sense to try and find causation elsewhere.

If there is some damage caused by the cannabis, there is nothing much you can do except wait. There is certainly no medication for such an unknown condition. On the other hand, there is a massive amount you can do about anxiety, from medication (not advised) to dietary changes to lifestyle/behavioural/psychological modifications. I don't know, I would look into those things, it cannot hurt. Learning ways to combat anxiety is so beneficial; you will be surpised at how much consistent practise of brief meditation will benefit you in the long-term.

24. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by swilow View Post
    But anxiety is known to cause head pressure. Cannabis is NOT known for causing head pressure when you are not high on it. It is also not known to cause neurological damage as you describe it.

Given that cannabis does cause anxiety and anxiety can cause such odd sensations, we have a known correlation here. It doesn't make sense to try and find causation elsewhere.

If there is some damage caused by the cannabis, there is nothing much you can do except wait. There is certainly no medication for such an unknown condition. On the other hand, there is a massive amount you can do about anxiety, from medication (not advised) to dietary changes to lifestyle/behavioural/psychological modifications. I don't know, I would look into those things, it cannot hurt. Learning ways to combat anxiety is so beneficial; you will be surpised at how much consistent practise of brief meditation will benefit you in the long-term.

Anxiety's known to do a fuckton of weird shit to people, including causing strange head pressure.

lemme just leave this here for the second time in this thread.

25. Collapse Details

Well I ordered some kratom that should arrive any day now. Hopefully that should help with anxiety in the meantime while I wait out whatever this is

and yes I do have pretty bad anxiety to the point I have to do OCD-like rituals (both physical actions and thought processes)

For example, I know this sounds so weird I half expect not to be believed, but recently I keep doing this thing where I draw an arrow pointing to the left on a surface with my finger then I cluck my teeth on the left side of my mouth 3 times, then I think about what I could have done in the past differently that would have avoided me being where I am today. Almost as if I am trying to change the past mentally.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast