Bluelight

Thread: Amperage question

1. Collapse Details
    Amperage question 
    Hi, I would class myself as a beginner-intermediate when it comes to mods, tanks, batterys ect...

One thing I don't understand is how amperage effects wattage and battery life.

Why I am asking this is because I usually vape between 95-115w (mostly at 100w).
    I am using 30amp 2100mah Sony vtc4 18650 batterys, but I have lg hg2 3000mah 20 amp battery coming in the post, I ordered thinking that an extra 2700mah would be nice so I might not have to recharge my cells every 12 hours.

Sorry for rambling but my question is basically what is the difference (primarily due to amperage) between 3000mah 20amp and 2100 30 amp batterys?

For the record I vape an rx200 which uses 3 18650s, the Sony vtc4s give Me a total battery capacity of 6300mah, while the LG hg2s would give me 9000mah, but with 20amp instead of 30amp.

Thanks if anyone can help...
    Nolys

2. Collapse Details

The higher amp limit batteries are just going to make the device vape harder and quicker. With the new batteries you're getting you may end up finding that you want to turn the wattage up, but I would start where you normally do and see from there if you want to turn the watts/volts up.
    I've always been a fan of vtc4s.. but you'll likely find the LG batteries last longer. How long? Well that all depends on your habits.. you'll get more time out of them for sure, mainly because they're new though. Chances are you won't notice a difference. Vaping is a lot easier with these high wattage regulated devices vs back when a lot of people used mechanical mods(unregulated devices).. higher amps were more desirable than but still the more amps the merrier in providing safety and satisfaction.

3. Collapse Details

Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion
    It's important to remember that batteries are not 'ideal' power sources. It just so happens that as you draw more and more amperage from a battery, it's effective amp-hour rating will drop. The maximum amperage that you can draw from a battery is related to its internal resistance, so a higher amp rating means it can deliver more power with less heat generation as a side effect.

Normally the mA/h rating is calculated at a fairly low draw - the difference between a 2100 mA/h battery and a 3000 mA/h one will probably not be that much if you are drawing 20 amps from them - the math says 9 minutes of runtime for a 3 A/h battery, however in reality the performace will be much poorer.

Here's an excellent site which provides discharge curves and the like for a wide variety of 18650 batteries.
    Guidelines for OD ||| OD Standards ||| OD Directory Read Me First! ||| NPD Rules
    Please read the links above or PM me if I lock your post. Stay Safe. R.I.P. F28