Bluelight

Thread: Rough Draft - Reasons Why Trump is Unfit to Be POTUS

1. Collapse Details
    Rough Draft - Reasons Why Trump is Unfit to Be POTUS 
    This thread is intended to be an exhaustive list, with contributions from other Bluelight members, of all the reasons why Donald John Trump is fundamentally unfit to be president of the United States. The potential for material is enormous given the fact that Mr. Trump has been prominent in the public eye for decades, has been talking before thinking well before his bid for the presidency, and continues to put his foot in his mouth every time he opens it. The present state of affairs is further sustained by the public nature of social media and his new position - a simple subscription to Mr. Trump's Twitter feed provides a wellspring of daily source material with no indication of any imminent tempering now that he is president. What this lack of modesty and self awareness says about the proverbial "asylum" and who it is being run by is perhaps beyond the scope of this thread, and there is always the possibility that come January 20th the inmates will sober up a little bit and pull back on the reins, but that remains to be seen. In the meantime it seems that the closer we veer to becoming the society illustrated in the movie Idiocracy and the more some of our citizens thunderously applaud him for behavior that could barely be deemed appropriate for a wrestling actor or a 12-year old bully, the more Mr. Trump feels encouraged to contribute; if it wasn't all such a comic tragedy, I'd almost be thankful for the privilege of witnessing it unfold.

Without going into futile arguments of who loves their country more, I think we can all agree, whatever our political position or personal convictions, that having someone who is deranged, contemptible, or criminal hold the highest executive office in a modern republic is at minimum a major embarrassment, and even potentially a permanent disaster, and certainly not something to be desired by any means. It is also safe to posit that the more we care for something the less we want to risk it being corrupted or destroyed, whether it is our life, a possession, a loved one, or our country. Whether or not Mr. Trump is unfit is up to each American to decide, but I encourage the reader to tell me, if the material below applied to anyone else, if you would allow them to so much as mow your lawn, much less govern your country?

I invite monkeys members who support Mr. Trump, if they are so inclined, to start a counter thread arguing the opposite position, and to also correct any factual errors that may be published within this thread. That having been said, all of these examples are publicly known and documented and therefore beyond scrutiny as to whether or not they actually happened, and in most cases there has been exhaustive media coverage and even corroboration (usually in the form of clumsy justifications) from Mr. Trump himself on them; the only matter in question is how much doublethink one has to do to rationalize supporting and not denouncing a person who does and says these things, much less surrendering their government to his whims.

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊

#1). At a November 2015 rally in South Carolina, Mr. Trump mocked the demeanor of a physically handicapped New York Times reporter in a manner reminiscent of a schoolyard bully antagonizing a special needs student, going so far as mimicking the hand-to-chest myoclonic gesture and vocal stutter of the reporter. Trump claimed that the reporter was trying to back off statements that he had made 14 years prior, where in reality the disabled reporter was simply trying to force out the words "I don't remember" through a debilitating case of arthrogryposis; perhaps because he has written thousands of articles and really didn't remember that one obscure sentence from an article written a decade and a half prior, and especially given the fact that Mr. Trump was embellishing it wildly. Later on in an attempt to justify his actions, the president-elect claimed to have never met Kovaleski and therefore "couldn't even know if he was disabled anyways"; this was a risky gambit since it is publicly documented that Kovaleski and Trump had done dozens of 1 on 1 interviews in his office in the previous three decades. The lack of tact evident in using this shameful miming act as a way to ingratiate himself with his supporters (and then lying about it in such a flimsy and untenable way) not only speaks volumes about Mr. Trump's mental state, but also that of anyone who excuses him for doing it.

#2). Falsely claiming that "thousands and thousands of people were cheering the fall of the Twin Towers" in Jersey City on September 11th on numerous occasions. This also doubles as the contextual background for example #1, as Mr. Trump had desperately mined a single line from Kovaleski's 2001 article to support his claim, which made a brief mention in a single sentence that law enforcement had detained and questioned an unreported number of people who had "reportedly been holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops" from which the WTC wreckage could be seen. Any sane person not prone to torch-and-pitchfork hysteria would conclude that this was merely passing mention of a related event and an attempt by the author to be comprehensive; furthermore that the motives of the alleged revelers could have been anything from just having a fucking party on their rooftop to curiosity, and that the FBI was just doing their due diligence. But it takes someone like Donald Trump to exhume that single sentence from a 14-year old article and inflate it to the point of absurdity, all to promote a falsitude for ends that at least my mind can only try to fathom. He claims he "saw it on television and read it on the internet". Strange that none of us have seen the news clip of thousands of people on Jersey rooftops partying to the WTC wreck. But Donald, god bless his Neanderthal heart, triples down on it publicly, and even accuses anyone debunking his factually bankrupt crap as being "PC" like he did on the Snuffalufagus interview (Stephanopoulos).

#3). Suggesting "a total and complete shut-down of Muslims entering the United States" which is patently unconstitutional because the Legislature is explicitly forbidden to make laws regarding religion; previous administrations have and can, by power of the various Immigration and Nationality Acts or the executive power, barred individuals immigrating from specific countries for specific temporary periods and for good reason; but for a candidate to even suggest a blanket ban based on religion alone, "until our country's representatives can figure out what the hell is going on" (according to his own words, which could easily mean forever), is egregious and betrays a complete lack of understanding of American civic values, the law, and common decency. This kind of rhetoric is strictly meant to whip up bigotry and turn scared and angry people into lynch mobs.

#4). Encouraged his supporters to engage in violence against protesters at a January 2016 rally in Iowa, stating "if you see someone getting ready to throw a tomato [at me], knock the crap out of 'em would you, seriously [sic]", going on to say "I promise you, I will pay for the legal fees, I promise..." This was a few days after someone had actually thrown a tomato at him at another rally. Numerous, well documented instances of violence have taken place at Trump rallies, originating both from Trump supporters and protesters alike. The question is, when in recent history has a candidate inspired so much violence among the citizenry, and when has a candidate actually verbally issued what could be construed as carte blanche to his supporters to do it? Perhaps most telling is whether he has, or will, pay the legal fees of those of his supporters who have gotten into trouble at his rallies to date - the answer is NO.

#5). Despite constantly professing to care about American jobs being shipped overseas and illegal immigrants "herking herr huuuurbs" [taking our jobs], Mr. Trump has indirectly hired numerous illegal immigrants in his various domestic enterprises, and furthermore has manufactured products, such as his eponymous clothing line, overseas in sweatshops in direct contradiction to his campaign rhetoric. Apologists will familiarize themselves with a term known as command responsibility - no, just because he did not PERSONALLY hire them does not excuse him for being a hypocrite. Any thinking person imbued with an attention span greater than that of a parakeet would clearly understand that he doesn't actually give a fuck about American jobs. At the minimum, this knocks a major pillar out from under the claim by many supporters that they are not in fact supporting him because they're raging bigots and he's feeding their hate, but that they support him because he's going to bring jobs back and usher in a Second Renaissance in America (good luck with that).

#6). The "grab 'em by the pussy" video from September 2005, which was discovered in October 2016. In that leaked Access Hollywood footage, the now president-elect engages in a casual, candid and completely cringeworthy conversation with the sycophantic Billy Bush while either completely oblivious to or uncaring about the fact that the mic may be on, describing in detail his true-life exploits in every wholesome American pastime from marital (I misspelled it as "martial" the first go around, lol) infidelity to sexual assault, before proceeding to bumble his way through a tour bus door and culminating in an exceedingly awkward meet-and-grope with the patient and professional actress Arianne Zucker that you have to see and hear for the full effect. Now I'll admit, I've said things close to this before (but to be frank I'm not so creative as to have come up with anything approaching the twistedness of "you gotta grab 'em by the pussy" - I think the best I've come up with is "you gotta stick it all in at once"), and just about everyone has engaged in volumes of "locker room talk" (which Mr. Trump described it as while dementedly inserting a qualifier into an otherwise perfectly good apology after the video went public), and frankly I probably wouldn't be friends with anyone who hasn't. But there is a time and place for everything, and I can't help but question what Mr. Trump will do or say within earshot of actual public servants and diplomats when on state visits. The first citizen of the republic has clearly shown that he doesn't have the discretion not to blurt out obscenities in a potentially public and recorded atmosphere. That makes his discretion suspect in general, and that could be dangerous in a myriad of ways.

#7). The whole creepy business with his hands, which is a textbook example of the president-elect's rampant personality disorder. It was brought to popular attention after Senator Marco Rubio sophomorically commented that Trump had small hands "and you know what that means", referring to his penis, which prompted then-candidate Trump to use the opening minutes of the March 3, 2016 Republican Presidential Debate to defend his hand size, stating "Look at these hands. Are they small hands?", and following that up with "And he referred to my hands, if they are small then that means something else must be small. I guarantee you there is no problem. I guarantee." Although Mr. Trump is setting new records for unprecedented faux pas', for a presidential candidate to discuss his penis size during a televised debate is a first and certainly not soon to be outdone. I'm not a big "but the children" type of guy but people's kids and grandmothers were watching; nevertheless the insincerely moralistic Republicans who support him don't disown him for it, even though we all know they and even many Democrats would have politically lynched Obama if he had done the same. Most importantly, for someone to lack the self awareness and control to the point that they are pathologically compelled to defend themselves when attacked in this way is suggestive of very deep insecurities. Numerous psychologists and psychiatrists have stated that Mr. Trump likely suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder. The matter gets even more twisted with the revelation that Graydon Carter, the journalist that coined the phrase "short-fingered vulgarian" in reference to Trump way back in 1988, has been for the past three decades receiving correspondence from Mr. Trump containing photos of himself, in each of which he "...has circled his hand in gold sharpie in a valiant effort to highlight the length of his fingers." What the fuck? You seriously cannot make this shit up.

Mods - this is a work in progress. I plan on moving it to CE&P when I think it's ready. In the meantime feel free to suggest any formatting improvements, etc.
    Last edited by Phil.McKeer; 10-01-2017 at 14:20.