Bluelight

Thread: need advice coming off xanax

1. Collapse Details
    need advice coming off xanax 
    Unhappy
    I've only been on the kind of short term say 2 months so I understand people who have been on them for years would suffer much more..I've wiped out my contact's so I cant order them as I don't get them from docs but I'm struggling now day 1 I usually take say at least 5-8 daily they are only the Upjohn 1mgs so no bars I'm just wondering how I can cope as life has all of a sudden got extremely boring. Thanks guys

2. Collapse Details

Basic Drug Discussion
    Homeless & Anonymous
    I wanted to clarify- your average dosage is 5 to 8 mg xanax every day? I would be more worried about withdrawals and getting sick than being bored. You could try gabapentin to help with possible seizures and good for cravings.

3. Collapse Details

thanks for the advice I will go book an appointment asap and give them ago, much appreciated T.Calderone

4. Collapse Details

Basic Drug Discussion
    Homeless & Anonymous
    I hope you don't get withdrawals too bad and gabapentin is good to have around just in case. Take care!

5. Collapse Details

Basic Drug Discussion
    ^I'd expect something between mild discomfort or more moderate dysphoria, anxiety etc. but two months isn't enough time to turn you into a Benzodiazepine dependence horror story like the one's I'm sure you've heard about. I'm worried about your compulsive patterns of usage though. They would seem to indicate that you have a strong preference for Benzodiazepines as recreational drugs. This doesn't come from a place of judgment. None of us here want you to get involved in that hell.

Alcohol/Benzodiazepines/Barbiturates or sedative/hypnotic drugs for short tend to produce the most damaging, long-lasting and most difficult to recover from complications, both physically (especially the former) and psychologically.

You would do yourself a favor by picking up a different habit. 5mg -8mg Alprazolam (Xanax) daily is quite a large dose for someone with no previous tolerance.

6. Collapse Details

thank you Keif`Richards i understand. I have had many habits in the past i.e. coke diazepam weed etc. and every time i get on something i take it too far and get hooked without realising, I have had my prescription upped from 4 solpadol 30/500 to 8 per day so I'm now trying my hardest to focus on some form of hobby to help take my mind off things.. i really appreciate the advice guys cheers.