Bluelight

Thread: Help Understanding Miscodosing LSD/ Other?

Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. Collapse Details
    Help Understanding Miscodosing LSD/ Other? 
    #1
    Hello,

    I have been searching for a way to use a substance in order to withstand depression and negativity while still having as clear thinking as possible. Something akin to a natural runner's high or feeling of self satisfaction when you are working hard and accomplishing.

    I have heard that miscoding LSD can have a slight euphoric or comforting effect without any appreciable psychoactive distortion. Is this true? I do not medicate for my depression and try to use diet and exercise as well as vitamins to feel well, but I still find I cannot curb my tendencies to withdraw, procrastinate, hide, feel overwhelmed, feel unable to meet a challenge, etc. I believe that if I were able to make a slight modification to my physical and mental comfort, I would be able to achieve more, especially at work.

    Has this been anyone's experience? Do you find you must sacrifice some of you awareness, focus and memory for tasks by taking tiny doses, or have people found it to be a useful tool in this regard?

    If not, which substances have yielded a slight energy boost and mental/mood lift without making you unfocused or prone to distraction?

    *Decidedly not a 'What should I take thread', I am asking what substances this type of use describes so I may do further reading in the right direction.

    Thanks.
    -G.A
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    no sacrifice just aim for every 3rd day
    enjoy Peabody's thread link above, it's great work
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    Not sure why you would immediately jump to psychedelics though.

    I mean... if you aren't medicated *at all*, you might want to see an expert to get a script for an SSRI to improve your mood, and/or some Vyvanse to help with focus and motivation.
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodor View Post
    Not sure why you would immediately jump to psychedelics though.

    I mean... if you aren't medicated *at all*, you might want to see an expert to get a script for an SSRI to improve your mood, and/or some Vyvanse to help with focus and motivation.
    Thanks for making that point. Yes, I have a lot of reservations about trying to use psychedelics in this way. More than anything else, I am just extending the idea out there for something to consider at this point.

    I have a history of mental problems and the very last place I thought I'd turn was psychedelics. I mean, I don't have any history of drug use, really, much less abuse. Rarely drink alcohol, and that is a glass of wine with pasta once a month. Very careful about pills, too. Just generally very protective of myself with substances unless absolutely necessary, and definitely do not want to play around with my emotions or psyche because of my past history of problems. My psychedelic usage was the most unexpected and improbable thing, topped only by the even greater surprise of what happened when I had a few experiences: I actually have started healing and figuring ways out of my psychosis and trauma and depression! I have a long way to go and not relying on the substances to do the work, and I have had some upsetting and emotionally difficult experiences, too, but the main point is that I have felt some real marked improvement with some of my very serious mental problems for the first time in years. Trying not to go crazy with this and to manage expectations and to be responsible, but they seem to be making some healing connections in places I couldn't figure out how to remedy on my own.

    I have been on anti-depressants, anti-psychotics, anti-anxiety, and severe sleep disorder medication for a few years. Again, I am someone who hates taking medication and don't 'need' to be high. I could go the rest of my life without a drink or a drug and never miss it. I had been without progress or improvement for 2 years and asked the doctor to take me off of all medications as of last year, which we did, as I felt they were both ineffective, and unnoticeable to the extent that they could have been placebos (this were some seriously strong bentos amongst other things). So, having taken a few steps forward using psychedelics as a comfort and safe tool, I have noticed that they have done more for me than years of counselling, psychiatry and psychology have thus far. Psilocin definitely deserves as much study and research as we can throw at it as taxpayers. From war veterans to sexual abuse survivors, manic depressives, sadists...any number of people in distress need to be watched in a clinical environment. It deserves SO much respect from the medical community and seeing where it can be used is extremely noble work.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatArc View Post
    Thanks for making that point. Yes, I have a lot of reservations about trying to use psychedelics in this way. More than anything else, I am just extending the idea out there for something to consider at this point.

    I have a history of mental problems and the very last place I thought I'd turn was psychedelics. I mean, I don't have any history of drug use, really, much less abuse. Rarely drink alcohol, and that is a glass of wine with pasta once a month. Very careful about pills, too. Just generally very protective of myself with substances unless absolutely necessary, and definitely do not want to play around with my emotions or psyche because of my past history of problems. My psychedelic usage was the most unexpected and improbable thing, topped only by the even greater surprise of what happened when I had a few experiences: I actually have started healing and figuring ways out of my psychosis and trauma and depression! I have a long way to go and not relying on the substances to do the work, and I have had some upsetting and emotionally difficult experiences, too, but the main point is that I have felt some real marked improvement with some of my very serious mental problems for the first time in years. Trying not to go crazy with this and to manage expectations and to be responsible, but they seem to be making some healing connections in places I couldn't figure out how to remedy on my own.

    I have been on anti-depressants, anti-psychotics, anti-anxiety, and severe sleep disorder medication for a few years. Again, I am someone who hates taking medication and don't 'need' to be high. I could go the rest of my life without a drink or a drug and never miss it. I had been without progress or improvement for 2 years and asked the doctor to take me off of all medications as of last year, which we did, as I felt they were both ineffective, and unnoticeable to the extent that they could have been placebos (this were some seriously strong bentos amongst other things). So, having taken a few steps forward using psychedelics as a comfort and safe tool, I have noticed that they have done more for me than years of counselling, psychiatry and psychology have thus far. Psilocin definitely deserves as much study and research as we can throw at it as taxpayers. From war veterans to sexual abuse survivors, manic depressives, sadists...any number of people in distress need to be watched in a clinical environment. It deserves SO much respect from the medical community and seeing where it can be used is extremely noble work.
    Psychedelics have worked for me in treating depression, anxiety and particularly neuroses of mine. I can't say that psychedelics worked for me in microdosing, simply because I have wanted to try this method but haven't as of yet. The best experiences I had which offered the closest cure for my suffering and mental anguish (in the bucket loads no less) had been on high doses (anywhere between 250ug upwards). The lowest dose being 100ug and I was still mildly crossing the psychedelic frontier at times, but no where near a microdose.

    So I can say, psychedelics have been fundamental in changing my life for the better. I can vouch for their legitimacy as so can many many MANY millions of people who have taken it. The only difference here is, these people including myself probably didn't microdose it. From what I've read about it, the microdose is typically utilised for increased productivity at work or in your personal life, and not so much treatment of personal problems and/or mental health issues. Studies completed using LSD were all completed during the heights of research into its effects and consistent with most improvement when dosed at standard to high doses (100ug+).

    Apparently many professionals in Silicone Valley are microdosing both acid and mushrooms to boost their workday and to much success. Contrary to all this experimenting with microdosing, I think the biggest change comes with the cathartic impact that a psychedelic experience has, and at those doses (the microdose) the experience is not potent enough to be psychedelic and so, doesn't induce a state which can heal you through the experience. I could imagine increased mood would be a trait for microdosing though, a big benefit to anyone with depression, as would (as has been made evident by many who microdose) creativity and productivity. The question would be, in comparison to a psychedelic experience - what would the duration of the improvement be and how effective would it be in sustaining said improvement?

    For psychedelic experiences, per every experience, and being very honest here in terms of where I'm at in my personal life, it's taken from my first trip in January of 2015 until now in 2017 for me to need antidepressants after certain personal circumstances changed in my life. Only now am I needing antidepressants and witnessing turmoil incomparable except to experience prior to psychedelics (ie. Before I self medicated and healed) so I can personally say psychedelics were successful with me for a long period of time in comparison to most people who relapse onto antidepressants sometimes only months after. Again, I healed through psychedelic experiences and NOT microdosing. Just making that clear.

    In terms of your psychiatric conditions, the question is not whether you could take psychedelics based on your psychiatry history because sure, anyone can take psychedelics even people with psychiatric complaints. The question is whether maturely, as a responsible adult, based on evidence and common sense, it's about whether you would be willing to find out what happens. Many psychotic people take LSD and many do fine just as many do with depression and other symptoms of mental health issues. Many people with known conditions take acid and many of them heal more using psychedelics than they do with medication and/or therapy. That's why acid is so good in research and why it was used in the same instances before it was prohibited.

    Having said that, we have to be honest about your symptoms before we take any drug. The slightest hiccup could change things for the time being and not a positive way, if not change things for a long time, so it is a tough decision to make. Microdosing is therefore the safer option no matter what, so don't discount microdosing if discounting anything else to do with taking psychedelics. This is by far the safer option, hands down. It's wise to understand though, as you probably do, that psychedelic doses are more effective at treating core symptoms most people try to eliminate during a psychedelic trip, than lower doses. And this is something you would have to bare in mind as it's kinda like putting a dollar into a soda machine and only getting 50 cents of soda back in return. The other half is there if you need it, yet you wouldn't know it was there if you didn't go back and check whether they was more to give. It's just whether you actually do need the full experience or whether you are best not taking it at all, or as you said, in microdosing. It's a tough question to ask and, I don't have a straight answer.

    Do what makes you feel good. You seem to have a level head which is commendable considering your past history. You seem head strong which is great and exactly the sort of personality you need for healing experiences with psychedelics. I personally would take a normal dose and not a microdose, but this is just my opinion as I'm not you, so I wouldn't understand the entirety of your life and what works best for you.

    Either way, I offer you my best wishes and I hope if you do decide to microdose or take psychedelics in any manner, that you find the answers you are looking for
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    Bluelighter ShroomySatori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Iglooland
    Posts
    944
    Hey G.A, my experience with microdosing is that I typically have a lovely day and don't feel depressed (I don't medicate my depression either, just chronic pain and anxiety with meds. I feel like I should be happy, and antidepressants and antipsychotics have always had horrible side effects for me so I ended up on the addictive stuff. It sucks and I'm quitting because I take 4 times as many benzos as scripted (I'm just gonna have to talk to my doc about that because that is dangerous) but my opioid use is way down. I stopped heroin weeks ago and got back on percocet for my back pain as opposed to getting very high sniffing H. FUCK that shit, and benzos are next.

    I guess you could say macrodosing is what's doing it for me; the things you are looking for in psychedelics. I'm not recommending that by the way, just writing of my experiences and you should totally have a sober trip sitter on hand . It can be unpredictable - for example, I have so many issues in life and I can handle heavy doses more often easier than low doses like half a blotter vs 10, and I get superior afterglows too from higher doses (longer lasting). Sometimes I have panic attacks and will take an extra benzo, but I think it's so worth it to wait a couple years and take a heavy dose as opposed to microdosing, and I have micro dosed quarter blotter a lot with great effects. I found it challenging to keep up the desire to use it, and your tolerance will rise over time until you are taking like a whole hit to microdose.

    I'm just not recommending someone take ten hits of acid because sometimes people end up in the hospital thinking they are dying or freaking their friends out. The reason I took 1500 micrograms is because I am an opiate addict and the trip made me realize that I really need to address my benzo habit too. I have been bedridden for weeks due to heroin withdrawal, and this drug had me walk over 10 kilometres. It was phenomenal and remember considering that I wasn't expecting to have any fun at all. I've been severely depressed in H withdrawal for weeks and it has NOT been fun. Ever since this heavy dose it feels like things have totally changed for me. I feel like it's going to change my life in a really significant way.

    I would personally take a normal dose, followed by a moderately heavy dose about a month later, followed by a ten strip. That would surely change your life, give you a fair warning about the drug, and psychedelics are known to really help with depression. They are simply unpredictable. I'm not recommending that, just saying what I'd do if I could do it over again. I'd microdose a lot less, and take less normal shrooms and LSD doses before taking a 'heroic' dose as they are called. The best trips I have are the heaviest doses and the ones I don't plan to trip at all. Again I'm just not recommending this to anyone because before I got to this stage, I tripped at normal doses around 100 times and I know what bad trips are like. I hope you feel better soon : )
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    Thanks very much for everyone's input. Again, to reassure a moderator, it goes without saying that I am not soliciting 'should I take?' or 'what should I take?' responses. And I think it's apparent that those who've responded so far have made it clear that they are not suggesting me to take anything at all. They are offering their thoughts on my objective situation and helping me take into account considerations I might not have thought of on my own.

    I discussed the potential of using psilocybin or LSD as with my psychiatrist today, and (perhaps unsurprisingly), he looked at me as if I had suggested snorting metal cleaners as a potential course of treatment. Not sure whether or not psychedelic therapy had penetrated the culture of stigma and taboo of the medical profession, but I had at least expected that psychiatric professionals would have taken more of an open minded view of these substances, or at least been aware of some of the research being done. It is possible that the legal status of psychedelics demands he has a legal obligation to discourage that option, but you'd think that he would not be consequenced for engaging honestly in a factual discussion about psychedelics. It was hard to know if he genuinely considered these substances to have no legitimate medical application, or if he were simply being protective of his responsibilities regarding medical protocols and guidelines laid out in his scope of practice.

    I have expressed my reservations about taking benzos, except as a last resort, since I am highly concerned about dependency and abuse. He said that it was precisely because of my very serious aversion to taking anything unnecessarily that he feels comfortable in putting me on a short course of these drugs. I suppose that makes sense in a roundabout way. I am frustrated that I couldn't really get a medical opinion on why psilocybin or LSD might be a discouraging option, especially since I am not looking for him to simply reinforce my decision to try them, I am seeking his counsel to try and be well thought-out about every reason NOT to take them, so I might make the most informed decision I can.

    In any case. I am in no rush to do it, however there seem to be a few prevailing reasons why I am leaning towards trying this out.

    1.) I am in Canada and have access to 'legal' lab-produced RC LSD, test kits, MSDS documents, Spectro, and other safety/dosage documentation.
    2.) I have exhausted most standard medications without any appreciable effect over the course of years.
    3.) It could mean an end to taking what I regard as far more dangerous substances and only some of the most benign ones.
    4.) I have experienced very bad trips on very high doses of 4-AcO-DMT (60mg+) without apparent harm or emotional distress. In fact, I regard them as disagreeable and uncomfortable, yet also healthy learning experiences about how to use the substances and how not to. This is to say that I am mindful of the possibility of psychosis and harm, but also think I am maybe not particularly susceptible and vulnerable to lasting trauma from bad experiences.
    5.) The risk vs reward potential for using psychedelics would seem to be far more encouraging than taking these other prescription medications. There has been no net benefit with the 11 drugs we have tried to date, yet there have been some negatives and several more positives in my 12+ times using the 4-AcO-DMT.

    Some negatives I can think of:

    1.) Perhaps I only think I have experienced a very bad trip and have no frame of reference in the limited times I've used psychedelics? I could be over-confident, and maybe there are far worse experiences that I am not capable of handling without harm?
    2.) The nature of psychedelics makes them far less predictable than regular psychiatric medications(?).
    3.) Marginal, almost vanishingly small chance of legal trouble for using these drugs. (As I said, legal to possess, not consume in vivo at the moment in Canada. Hard to get busted unless caught in the act in my home for some reason.)
    4.) It is possible that even 2 years was too short a time to yield a positive result from the prescribed meds, and abandoning them as I have months ago, and trying psychedelics, I have cut myself off from what might actually be the best treatment. (I would not mix any drugs without direct consent and recommendation from the doctor. Psyches and any other medication simply do not mix for me. Seems like a recipe for harm.

    In any case, thanks again for your responses and letting me work it out a little with you all. Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I am so happy I have found this community and access to your experiences and knowledge. It is so ironic that we are actually doing the work that doctors and medical scientists had ought to be able to conduct under the radar, and absurdly, at great risk to our livelihoods and freedoms. There truly is untold blood and harm on the hands of lawmakers and politicians who have withheld psychedelic medicines and research from patients whose lives might not have otherwise been lost or ruined had psychedelic therapies been made available to them earlier--not to mention the cruelty and apathy of a system which actually has punished sick people for being caught trying to use prohibited medications. I hope we can challenge the taboos and bad PR to persuade enough people to repeal these unjust laws as quickly as possible.
    Last edited by GreatArc; 18-07-2017 at 10:04.
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    I think you have looked at this very squarely, and if you are in a position to get a sheet of rc lsd (100 pieces) then you are in a great position to cut those up into eighths or sixths (making ~700) microdoses which will be a fine course for the next 6 years.
    That your shrink wants you to have some nice benzos is cute, you can make use of them from time to time to soften the world when weary.
    I don't think you will be weary though.
    and if you don't like it,
    well
    I am in Canada too, and will be happy to help you get rid of the excess rc lsd.(hahaha) 'course it is a huge country, and I hate driving.
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #10
    I should clarify; I am able to obtain 1A-LSD, 1P-LSD, AL-LAD and ETH-LAD.

    I am not certain if there is a tremendous difference between these substances, particularly regarding micro-dosing. (Actually, information here would be helpful. Have not begun exploring which particular lysergamide others have found most/least effective for the purposes of microdosing.)
    Reply With Quote
     

  11. Collapse Details
     
    #11
    I found 1p and eth more reliable than the others, but I think it is totally up to the consistency of the doping of the blotters.

    while they are declared 100 mics or 150 mics each, these which we have been getting in Canada (and those which I previously got from England or Europe) are not evenly laid. For accuracy you could get the powder and mix with distilled water in a dropper bottle.

    The blotters are fine in the general case and very suitable for people who take more than one as it will definitely average out.

    I prefer easy to store and carry blotters, so for the most part when I cut 1/6th I guess i will either get 1/12th, 1/6th or 1/3... i.e. hit and miss accuracy
    Reply With Quote
     

  12. Collapse Details
     
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by pupnik View Post
    I found 1p and eth more reliable than the others, but I think it is totally up to the consistency of the doping of the blotters.

    while they are declared 100 mics or 150 mics each, these which we have been getting in Canada (and those which I previously got from England or Europe) are not evenly laid. For accuracy you could get the powder and mix with distilled water in a dropper bottle.

    The blotters are fine in the general case and very suitable for people who take more than one as it will definitely average out.

    I prefer easy to store and carry blotters, so for the most part when I cut 1/6th I guess i will either get 1/12th, 1/6th or 1/3... i.e. hit and miss accuracy
    That's funny, I had been wondering if these Canadian ones were unevenly laid, it felt like they were but I was like nahhh it's probably just the differences between our brain chemistry, but we've had vastly different experiences/intensities on the same doses almost every time. It makes a little more sense now... How did you pick that info up? Is there a thread anywhere or something?
    Reply With Quote
     

  13. Collapse Details
     
    #13
    I too was mystified, some of my microdoses were absolutely flat. Oh well I thought, maybe 2 days between was not enough (it was enough but I wondered anyway) Then I got one order of 25 ethlad and one edge was obviously darker, practically brown. that would be evidence of Hang to dry concentration for the edge of a larger sheet (how fortunate that delivery was!!!) I have since sampled a 1/8th tab fragment of that dark edge and found it as strong as a whole tab. YUMMY!
    Reply With Quote
     

  14. Collapse Details
     
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by pupnik View Post
    I too was mystified, some of my microdoses were absolutely flat. Oh well I thought, maybe 2 days between was not enough (it was enough but I wondered anyway) Then I got one order of 25 ethlad and one edge was obviously darker, practically brown. that would be evidence of Hang to dry concentration for the edge of a larger sheet (how fortunate that delivery was!!!) I have since sampled a 1/8th tab fragment of that dark edge and found it as strong as a whole tab. YUMMY!
    Hah, you should have seen the time that we both took what we thought was a 250ug/250ug 1p/eth mix. The eth was definitely unevenly laid. I was like Ok this is pretty darn cool, she was like omg I've made horrible choices this is insane. I wanted more more more after hearing what she was seeing but she was on the verge of total sensory overload, had to turn off the lights and meditate for a few hours. It was so intense for her that I had to help her walk because she couldn't see where she was even at. Meanwhile I'm like mannnnn, I want to be like dat too LOL. We had the same tolerances and etc and it's never really too much for her unless I'm way past where I was, which is why the unevenly laid blotters thing had been swimming around in my head. Glad to see someone else come to the same conclusion ^^
    Reply With Quote
     

  15. Collapse Details
     
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatArc View Post
    I should clarify; I am able to obtain 1A-LSD, 1P-LSD, AL-LAD and ETH-LAD.

    I am not certain if there is a tremendous difference between these substances, particularly regarding micro-dosing. (Actually, information here would be helpful. Have not begun exploring which particular lysergamide others have found most/least effective for the purposes of microdosing.)
    1P-LSD has effects very similiar to LSD so out of all you just mentioned, 1P-LSD offers the closest resemblence of an LSD experience. AL-LAD is up there in terms of it's simularity to LSD just like 1P-LSD but has a shorter duration to LSD and also seems to have less negative experiences related to it. ETH-LAD is considered more potent than LSD and offers much more intense trip than LSD. 1P-LSD has the shortest duration out of all of them and is generally seen as more stimulating than other psychedelics. 1A-LSD or ALD-52 was one of the original discoveries of Hofmann when he ventured into discovering LSD analogues, it has closely knit effects to LSD but less potent and like 1P-LSD, more stimulating which I imagine would be ideal for your microdosing plans.

    https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/AL-LAD
    https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/1P-LSD
    https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/LSD
    https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/ETH-LAD
    https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/ALD-52
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •