Bluelight

Thread: Side effects from meth?

1. Collapse Details
    Side effects from meth? 
    I seem to always have swelling in my lower calves and feet when I smoke meth. Does anyone else have that type of symptom? I only smoke it.

2. Collapse Details

Sounds like a circulation issue, since one of the effects of meth (and other stimulants) is to constrict the blood vessels. But I'm no expert - it's probably worth checking with an open minded doctor, if you can find one.

3. Collapse Details

The most valuable thing you’ll have are your experiences.
    Yes I sometimes get swollen ankles. Mainly my right foot and a bit of an ache in that leg also. Oh and my right foot gets much colder than my left.

4. Collapse Details

Yeah - not me personally - but back when I was using meth a lot and was hanging out with others doing the same, I knew a few people who'd swell right up. I agree that it's probably a blood-circulation issue.

5. Collapse Details

Definitely circulation. You need to be walking around or talking a hot/cold shower to get the blood flowing. Ibuprofen can help somewhat.

Most important things would be to remember to move around and run when sober. Drink water.

Usually my circulation issues mean I feel like I'm going to faint when I stand up if I don't pay attention.