Bluelight

Thread: Most opiates not getting my high anymore (oral only)

1. Collapse Details
    Most opiates not getting my high anymore (oral only) 
    300-400 mg of pure codeine (no CWE) doesn't even touch the edges anymore and just a week about this have ne a intense buzz for about 30 minutes. I've been taking oral morphine for a while and while I started on 50mg I now use 100+ to get a little bit of a "high" feeling (not completely out of it, 'ore just like a mood lifter.) anyways I'm getting to the point where they're not doing anything at all anymore, might make me a wee bit relaxed but that's about it. Oxycodone used to get me pretty good tho, but the prices are redonkulous in the uk unless you know a retard that doesn't know the prices. I know if I had like 30-40 mg of oxy I'd be more than good but not worth the price imo. Can someone explain this too me. Should I up my doses? Only thing is when I up doses on codeine I get horrible histamine releases. And when I go 100mg_+ at one time of morphine I feel like I'm going into the danger zone. I've tried some potentiators but they seem to deminish the eurpohia and just add to the sleepiness. Would appreciate anyone's addvice. Would it be safe to up my dose since the doses I take anyways don't really get me "high" just a warmer not dope sick feeling and atcually gives me motivation. Also I do use the very very strong anti histamine(flexofenodine). Ps. Not to be a dick but don't even suggest shooting or sniffing. I only sniff illicit drugs. Could I be suffering from serotonin deficiency or dopamine?
    Last edited by Zeus60000; 14-11-2017 at 17:55. Reason: Didn't know I couldn't include prices sorry

2. Collapse Details

Also in the process of winging myself off of morphine using codeine (cause quiting codeine is like quiting ciggarettes compared to oxys or trams) so I kinda need the codeine to work so I can successful wing my self off. And also I need opiate meds for my back pain at the moment but I'm trying to get off of them and switch to physio therapy cause I'm sick of opiates controlling my life.

3. Collapse Details

Other Drugs
    We generally don't allow discussions on prices. Please edit the prices out of your post.

Don't want to be a dick about it, but it's a rule

4. Collapse Details

Other Drugs
    Basic Drug Discussion
    i don't think you're suffering from a depletion of anything - rather a saturation of opioids
    welcome to tolerance town; sucks don't it?

and yeah plz don't post prices.
    Last edited by keeping; 14-11-2017 at 20:20.

5. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    tolerance dude, its a bitch, and it's not going anywhere.

welcome to the wonderful world of using opiates to just "stay well". you just have to accept that you're not going to get high unless you up your dose. and if that is a bad thing due to side effects for you, well that sucks man.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by xivixive View Post
    tolerance dude, its a bitch, and it's not going anywhere.

welcome to the wonderful world of using opiates to just "stay well". you just have to accept that you're not going to get high unless you up your dose. and if that is a bad thing due to side effects for you, well that sucks man.
    Yea but one day this does gets me at a good level, like literally a week ago I took 400 mg codeine CWe so I lost around 30% so it would be roughly 280mg and that does the trick. I know tollerance is a Bitch but I know within a weeks time I wouldn't gain that much tollerance when I haven't uped my dose for a very long time. I may try to take a dose of 400 mg codeine after the opiates i took today wear off (60 mg oramorph and 150 mg of codeine but I've added like 120 since I took the initial dose because I felt barley anything) and I understand tollerance you can take a dose one day feel amazing then a week later that dose might still make you feel good but might be half the effects you used to get. So if 250-350 mg of codeine makes me feeling decently good than that 300mg would still make me fell "something" especially when I am used to taking CWe codeine and this is codeine phosphate pure

7. Collapse Details

Wink
    Quote Originally Posted by keeping View Post
    i don't think you're suffering from a depletion of anything - rather a saturations of opioids
    welcome to tolerance town; sucks don't it?

and yeah plz don't post prices.

Sorry man I'm new here I'll read the rules now so I don't make the same mistake. As for my histamine reaction to codeine , I only seem to get a reaction when I take codeine phosphate pills, if I do CWE with codeine/apap I don't get the histamine release. Also when I took 300 mg the other day I took my anti histamine at the same time and felt extremely itchy in my hands and my younger and face swelled the tiniest bit. Is it better to take the anti histamine 20-30 minutes prior?

8. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Tolerance doesn't necessarily conform to logic and if you've been using the same dose for a while it might work great up until that one day where it doesn't seem to do it anyone. Once you up your dose at that point the game begins, your tolerance will follow an exponential curve up from there.

Take a long tolerance break, move on to a stronger opiate, or live with the same dose getting weaker over time. Those are your primary choices if you wish to continue using opiates.

It sucks, but that's the way it goes.

9. Collapse Details

Other Drugs
    Basic Drug Discussion
    i would always say to not take your anti-histamine until like 45 mins after your dose or until the itching becomes annoying
    i find taking it too early can blunt the high altho i'm not sure why.
    maybe it interferes with the codeine turning into morphine?

10. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    falsifiedhypothesi is right, dead on.

OP: if they are planning to take you off the meds just go for it.

and as for your question about 'potentiators' - it's been my experience as well that they just increase drowsiness with none of the added eurphoria we addicts are so desperately seeking.

i used to think if i could just get unlimited opiates everything would be fine. i even spent my inheritance buying a house with cash in the middle of nowhere just to be close to my poppy seed source... but they just don't work the same once you've been dosing every day for a decade, and likely never will again....

if you're not in too deep, i'd recommend getting out of the game. codeine has a ceiling effect of 400mg - i think, please correct me if i'm wrong - so once you reach that level, if you're not getting high... you are using to feel normal. and you can't up the dose if thats all you can get... so... clocks ticking dude.

not trying to sound like an asshole - apparently 40mg hydrocodone, 1.5lbs PST, 1mg clonazepam, 12 beers, a few bowls of grass, and a handful of pregabalin isn't enough for me... i guess i just want the kids to learn from a bad example.
    Last edited by xivixive; 15-11-2017 at 02:28.

11. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Sober Living
    Life Advice & Visual Arts
    Other Drugs
    Drugs in the Media
    With enough tolerance it is possible to take heroic doses of codeine way over the normal 300-400mg limit. That limit actually isn’t about the ceiling effect, it’s about a life threatening histamine reaction that the higher doses of codeine can cause (normally it presents for most people around 400mg). It can be really serious, causing your throat and face to become so swollen it cuts off your supply of oxygen. In that situation steroids, particularly prednisone, are necessary to reverse the histamine reaction and prevent suffocation. Normally it’s fine to use oral prednisone if the throat hasn’t yet totally closed up.

We have a few BLer who have been using so much codeine for such a long period of time that they are able to take doses well over 400mg, but under no circumstances should a person try this on their own. In the case of the OP, they don’t have a high enough tolerance to codeine yet for it to be safe to take over 400mg in one sitting. They are definitely experiencing the growth of tolerance but they aren’t yet to a point where doses over 400mg could be considered safe in any way. Even doses of 400mg is probably pushing it.

Antihistamines won’t do enough to prevent an extreme life threatening histamine reaction from too much codeine. They may be useful at dealing with some of the histamine related side effects of codeine and potentiate the experience a little, but not enough to prevent the life threatening version from taking too much codeine.

12. Collapse Details

What you are developing is a tolerance on a substance that creates a physical dependency without it the more you use. Do not try to defeat tolerance. Start reducing your dose as much as possible and stop using before you can't if not already too late. Do not start again until you can use less frequently and in lower doses.

By your post I can telll you do not know enough to be buying these compounds. It's a shame you can get codeine so easily

13. Collapse Details

try DXM HBr 100 mg about 1.5 hrs before you dose your opioid...i guarantee it will hit you harder. Best potentiator of the true opiate effect and not just adding sleepiness to the opiate high

14. Collapse Details

I've decided in stead of chasing the high I'm going to just settle with not being sick and wing myself off. Been on codeine for two years and what ever opiates I could get my hands on. As for people telling me to go to harder opiates. For two weeks I tried oxy. Went from 20-25 mg in one day getting me moreee than satisfied and in just 7-8 days I was taking 70-100 mg a day and still wanting to take more, so I got off that shit with codeine and a lil help of morph. But I've just decided it's time to quit. They're controlling my life and holding me back anyways

15. Collapse Details

How do I not know enough to be "buying" these compounds? 1. They're prescribed for my back pain 2. Anyone in the U.K. Can buy codeine OTC. Sorry what ever country your in is too addicted to opiates to be trusted around a messily 8mg of codeine... guessing you're from the states. You clearly don't know enough about me to decide if I "know" enough about these compounds. i clearly states that I started at 50 mg morphine and went to 100+ so obviously I know about tollerance.

16. Collapse Details

Good job in choosing to stop. As you can tell it's really hard. The sooner the better

Edit: I said this for your benefit. Try living in a place where from birth you are not trusted and even if responsibility is shown you're alienated and neglected due to use even if one is not functional due to pain yet is able to function with a responsible low stable dose. I say you don't know anything because you are obviously not experienced with the dependency, which is a good thing. You don't want to be.

17. Collapse Details

Yeah, tolerance is a real bitch. I reached a point where no amount of IV tar would get me high, and I was spending an idiotic amount of money on it. Another time, I had a horrible headache and slammed 80 mgs of dilaudid and it did literally nothing. I had to have surgery and they gave me 4mgs of morphine. No matter how much I bitched they wouldn't give me anything more, which is really stupid. Prior to the surgery they gave me fent and it actually helped.

Definitely don't get to such a point of tolerance!

Good luck on your cessation! If you taper down slowly enough, the process can be almost painless, I've found, so if you can manage to do that, it's probably your best bet. It just takes a lot of willpower to complete the process.

18. Collapse Details

Other Drugs
    Basic Drug Discussion
    so how's it going Zeus, mate?
    also i wanted to speak to you about a thread you posted a couple of days ago - nothing sinister was just meaning to offer you some advice. plz message me.
    best, keeping

19. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    i feel the same as the post say. i am taking 90 mg of morphine to get a high but no near to a medium high. at least with 90mg of morphine oral i can work properly all days.
    the only high is with heroin and preferbly shooting it but with good H4 snifffing is good to, but i limite to consume H 2 or 3 times a month.

20. Collapse Details

Hey Zeus, I’m also a long term opiate tolerant pain patient. My overall tolerance is stupidly high but I found out by mistake that I can’t take more than 500mg codeine phosphate without getting the crazy red flushed skin - especially round my neck and throat area, palms itching so badly i feel like I’m losing my mind, followed by random areas of skin on my bod itching and burning like they are on fire. My throat felt swollen and my whole head felt congested, like I had sinusitis and a throat infection that arrived instantaneously together. Piriton seemed more helpful than loratadine in terms of anti histamine. I’ve only taken that dose of codeine once, not seeking a high but trying to stop my gut from working overtime, my regular nightly dose was 30mg along with 20mg loperamide - I didn’t have my loperamide with me so I just took extra codeine phosphate. Had no idea that was what made me so sick until reading about it much later on. I assumed I must have had something with shellfish in which set off my anaphylactic kind of reaction. Totally hear you on weaning yourself off, I’ve cut my overall dose in half over the last year because fentanyl was ruining my life. I’m still working on reducing my dose. I’m in hospital a lot and I need the drugs to work when I’m given them in an emergency, so I’m trying to get down to a dose where my pain is bearable but I’m also not so foggy I can’t do the stuff I need to do. Best of luck to you, there’s lots of help and support here if you need it.