Bluelight

Thread: Morphine to oxycotin?

1. Collapse Details
    Morphine to oxycotin? 
    Hi I have some OxyContin 40mg. And I'm just wondering how much should I take (I'm going to split it and chew) that would be equal to 120 mg of oral morphine? Please adjust the dosage to morphine terrible oral BA (less than 35-30% ) to oxycodones oral BA (80-85% )so if I am taking 120 mg morphine (roughly 40 mg after BA) how much OC would I need?

2. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Sober Living
    Life Advice & Visual Arts
    Other Drugs
    Drugs in the Media
    According to our conversion chart, 30mg morphine taken orally is the equivalent to 20mg oxycodone taken orally. So about 27mg oxycodone would work out to be about 40mg morphine.

That said, you'll likely need to take more than 20mg oxycodone IME to feel like you've taken 120mg morphine (in terms of benefits to mood, analgesia, etc). If you aren't tolerant to oxycodone or haven't been in the past, you might need like 30mg oxycodone to really get what you want out of it.

But always start low and work your way up, if for no other reason than all our bodies and habits are a little different.

What kind of Oxycotin formulation are you using? I assume you have been using MS Cotin previously, given that you mentioned chewing it up. Unfortunately you can't chew Oxycotin OP (seriously, worst idea ever - trying to chew or suck on OPs I mean... sooooo gross).

If you have the OP formula, you'll probably have to take much more than 30mg oxycodone to feel anything significant, or extract the oxycodone somehow. The OP formula isn't like MS Cotin, where you can just chew up the morphine to get around the time release. With OPs it's really a PITA to get around the time release mechanism. And the polymer matrix or whatever that constitutes their time release mechanism fucks my stomach up, so I personally can't even take them.

Also, just curious, for what purpose(s) do you take opioids? Not here to judge, but whether you use them for analgesia or mood will affect how we suggest you explore them.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by toothpastedog View Post
    According to our conversion chart, 30mg morphine taken orally is the equivalent to 20mg oxycodone taken orally. So about 27mg oxycodone would work out to be about 40mg morphine.

That said, you'll likely need to take more than 20mg oxycodone IME to feel like you've taken 120mg morphine (in terms of benefits to mood, analgesia, etc). If you aren't tolerant to oxycodone or haven't been in the past, you might need like 30mg oxycodone to really get what you want out of it.

But always start low and work your way up, if for no other reason than all our bodies and habits are a little different.

What kind of Oxycotin formulation are you using? I assume you have been using MS Cotin previously, given that you mentioned chewing it up. Unfortunately you can't chew Oxycotin OP (seriously, worst idea ever - trying to chew or suck on OPs I mean... sooooo gross).

If you have the OP formula, you'll probably have to take much more than 30mg oxycodone to feel anything significant, or extract the oxycodone somehow. The OP formula isn't like MS Cotin, where you can just chew up the morphine to get around the time release. With OPs it's really a PITA to get around the time release mechanism. And the polymer matrix or whatever that constitutes their time release mechanism fucks my stomach up, so I personally can't even take them.

Also, just curious, for what purpose(s) do you take opioids? Not here to judge, but whether you use them for analgesia or mood will affect how we suggest you explore them.

I take oramorph (liquid morphine) and I've tried oxycodone in the past but my highest dose was only like 20-25mg and that used to get me pretty good, but I believe I had a lower tollerance then. Now that thing is bringing up old memories I believe after I couldn't get oxy anymore that 90-110 mg of morphine sort of felt like 20-25 mg oxy I think, but the oxy alwayyys get me more eurporic and a good nod. 120 mg of morphine right now just makes me feel a little buzz and comepltely out of pain usually I don't get tired unless I add cannabis to the mix. I was thinking of cutting my OC 40 into forths or eights and chew like 25 mg and regularly swallow the rest, do you think that would do that job? I don't want to waste it and I doubt a OC 40 would have me anywhere near od. Btw it's the old formula the OCs. What's it like intranasally? How much would it take snorted and how different would it feel

4. Collapse Details

In other words I don't usually go for a "fucked up" feeling more just like a buzz, but if this OC 40 does fuck me up I wouldn't mind just don't want to be liking n shit even though I haven't done that in ages lol

5. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Sober Living
    Other Drugs
    Drugs in the Media
    I’d suggest crushing up the standard OC instead of just cutting it. Even cut up the time release mechanism is very slow, so crushing it into powder would get it closest to IR.

Iirc the oral BA of oxycodone is higher than intranasal, so I’d suggest eating it rather than snorting. I definitely prefer eating or plugging it to snorting it.

6. Collapse Details

Alright I was thinking of crushing up roughly 30 mg and swallowing the 10 do you think that would do the job?

7. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Sober Living
    Other Drugs
    Drugs in the Media
    More or less, but if you were me and I was tolerant to 120mg morphine PO, I'd just crush it all up and down it. Use your own judgement though. Less is certainly more with most opioids, and if you need this for pain management purposes it would probably be better to have the 10mg still in ER form, as opposed to just crushing up the whole thing.

Let us know how your experiment turns out. Good luck! And enjoy

8. Collapse Details

Yea I do use it for pain and just to generally do stuff. I don't go for the nodding out and barely being able to function high. Just breakthrough oain relief with a slight buzz yea I'm going to do 30 mg crushed up and 10 mg er

9. Collapse Details

It time, just crushed up 30 mgish and swallowed it waiting half hour to feel something if I don't I'll either eat or sniff the remaining 10 mg (I have never snorted pills but do not want to waste predacious oxy lol it's literally gold here)

10. Collapse Details

So 30 mins in and I'm feeling great off of 30 mg so much more energetic than morphine just wish it was around the same price lol about to take another 10mg cause I'm not quite "there" yet how long does it take for oxy to peak?

11. Collapse Details

I’d suggest crushing up the standard OC instead of just cutting it. Even cut up the time release mechanism is very slow, so crushing it into powder would get it closest to IR.

Iirc the oral BA of oxycodone is higher than intranasal, so I’d suggest eating it rather than snorting. I definitely prefer eating or plugging it to snorting it.
    Actually they are both the same: oral and intranasal oxycodone both yield around 50% bioavailability on average(multiple studies confirm this) intranasal however, has a faster onset, and Cmax would tend to be higher (2 reasons non-injectors like snorting Roxie's and the classic OxyContin) though you CANNOT snort OP Oxycontin, they suck, and pretty much have to be swallowed by the average person.

(And they realease like 35-40% initially, and then gradually releases, so it is like 15-20mg of regularly oxycodone, or about 10mg IV(albeit a longer duration, though duration is dose dependent so even that isn't solid.

To the original poster, morphine bioavailability varies, and increases with chronic use.
    Larger doses also have a slightly higher BA%, and tend to have an extended duration.

So, a single 120mg dose of morphine would = ~40mg oxycodone(oxy ir, not the OP's)
    Chronic administration w/120mg = ~80mg oxycodone, you could average it to 50-70mg

You takeliquid morphine? Well it could take more than you think of the OP OxyContin; However, stick with 30 for now, it seems to working and everyone reacts differently.

Do grind it up, it may help.

And remember, you can take more, not less

Start with half of your dose, and remember it takes 2-3 hours to really "feel" an OP, though crushing it may speed it up a bit. Good luck
    Last edited by Lorne???; 07-12-2017 at 16:52.

12. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Sober Living
    Other Drugs
    Drugs in the Media
    ^thanks. I have heard from a lot of people that they prefer the oral route, because the come up between intranasal and oral isn't really that different, oral lasts longer, and apparently a lot of people prefer the effects of oral oxycodone use to intranasal (seems like a lot of people prefer intranasal more because it is intranasal than anything inherent to oxycodone snorted).

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus60000 View Post
    So 30 mins in and I'm feeling great off of 30 mg so much more energetic than morphine just wish it was around the same price lol about to take another 10mg cause I'm not quite "there" yet how long does it take for oxy to peak?
    If you're using crushed up OC or IR I think it takes about 30-60 minutes to peak with oral use. Probably closer to the 30 minute mark than the 60 minute mark.

13. Collapse Details

^thanks. I have heard from a lot of people that they prefer the oral route, because the come up between intranasal and oral isn't really that different, oral lasts longer, and apparently a lot of people prefer the effects of oral oxycodone use to intranasal (seems like a lot of people prefer intranasal more because it is intranasal than anything inherent to oxycodone N
    If you're using crushed up OC or IR I think it takes about 30-60 minutes to peak with oral use. Probably closer to the 30 minute mark than the 60 minute mark.
    Actually inrtanasa peaks much faster...

Yeah, personally I ALWAYS injected oxycodone(except early on, of course) although a year? Or so after being given opioids first time, Decided to inject a Roxie, of my own accord, and simply did it, and hit it first try, and it was Cool, of course. Not long after, Began I’ving most of opioids, (Methadone and any APAP combos major exceptions)

IRL, almost everyone snorts PURE oxycodobr tablets, and people( was there) in WD snort a good dose and 10 or 15 minutes later color has began returning and WD symptoms are rapidly relieved.

IV oxycodone lasts just as long as oral, though this could double the BA, and peak plasma levels are several times higher

However, always thought out was a bit overrated and outrageously overpriced; if did have oxy’s, and could’t:would not Iv them, My tolerance means would have to swallow, pretty much, and never liked snorting for various reasons

And Oxy takes about 100 minutes to peak, even in liquid form (range is variable, and it can be faster) though it has a faster onset.

Those pills still gel when cruahed, interesting if or what difference it Would? make

14. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Ok, if I read the OP correctly, he stated the pills he had were the OC, old version (didn't even know there were many of those still out there), not the newer OP, which everyone hates. I used to be RX'ed 4 80's a day and I always found snorting them was preferably. I needed them to last the 6 hours until my next dose was due. Never a problem. I have read all the folks who say oxys are always best taken orally but for me personally, I don't agree with them. The only way to know for sure, is to do a little experiment and she what your body has to say. Only then will you know for sure. Enjoy yourself and please be safe.

15. Collapse Details

^ Well, old OC’s are a different ball game. Snort one of them(20mg each nostril) it will kick in a lot faster, higher peak plasma and a reduced tmax.

IV is twice as strong,(1.5-3) and has an almost immediate effect, peaks in 10 or 15 minutes in analgesia (not good HR, just a fact)

Oral BA% is not as high as people as think, and rectal oxycodone is just really not practical.

Both oral and nasal and have effectively same bioavailability, both average ~50%, range 30-75; intra nasal will yield higher tmax, though not a fan of snorting.

IV is most effective and personally, duration is dose dependent, MOA does not not matter except w/ rectal, which has delayed onset and the xtended duration

Wanna dispell the mouth about this, and rectal administration once and for all, and update Bioavailability figures, while also adding “typical” duration per MOA, andT/2 and equivalent doses

(T1/2 for oxycodone remains tg same, although rectal has slightly longer IIRC, (and certainly longer duration, 8-12h at clinical doses) the though; lower plasma levels and CMAX, so it would take 30-40 to equal 20mg P.O., or 10(mad 15)mg IV

16. Collapse Details

Iv oxy was useless to me. Nasal would somehow make me nod and oral was the more gentle effect